[Open] In Defense of Galas'nor

Started by Throndir, June 15, 2016, 07:22:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

[info]Simple premise, the guild is under attack! I'll write roleplay posts once I get sign ups.

Story RP climax, which will mark the end of the first story arc in the guild (after 3 years of planning). Since we're all at different stages of exposure to the guild story. Here's recommended reading (in this order), though not required:
Day of Giving Raffle
Tzane the Troll
Mind of a Child
Treasure in the Sands
Takeo's Investigation
Kin's Fan Club vs White Ravens
Musical Muscles vs The Guild of Teras'nor
Katrias in the Hospital Ward

Players who want to be in this, post here and choose a group below. If your character is already listed in one of the entries, it means you're forced into that group already or have already talked to me prior, and you can't be in another group with that same character.

Groups
Tournament Finals Guest Announcers: Kryas and Golas <Full>
Tournament Finals Players: Lyolf, Zultar, Markus, Jin, Serena, Garret <Full>
Tournament Finals Audience: <Need 1+ characters>
Guild Courtyard Defense:  Tiamat, Wolfrin
Guild Hall Defense: Kynnstitia as Commander, Vladimir <Need 1+ Guard for Commander>
Guild Vault Defense: Ryine, Jorn, Kin

If I don't get enough players, I can trim down the number of groups, but in my experience smaller groups tend to go faster than bigger ones, and I think I can handle the GM load. Here's a description of the groups below (trying to be spoiler-free).

Tournament Finals Guest Announcers
Characters in this group act as the guest announcers during the Finals RP. This part will be mundane work and will only be interesting further on at the conclusion of the Finals RP. If need be, I can force the next part of the story onwards, though some things rely on the other Tournament Finals groups.

Tournament Finals Players
Just keep killing each other.

Tournament Finals Audience
Like the announcer group, this group is dependent on the Tournament Finals Players. However, like with the announcers, I can force the story along after a certain point. Eg, even if the Tournament Finals Players thread is still in progress, it doesn't stop me from creating the thread with the Audience group, and we can all pretend the tournament just ended.

Guild Courtyard Defense
If you're in this group, you stand vigil outside the Guild Hall's doors, in the courtyard (same place where we fought the turkeys!) Characters here will be in charge of ensuring no enemies get past them. It will be a hoard of creatures coming at you, trying to get past into the Guild Hall. If enemies do get past, they join in 'feeding' the attacking force in the Guild Hall Defense group.

Guild Hall Defense
One player in this group will act as the Commander. I will be giving the Commander a trimmed down Mass Battle rules, and he/she will be in charge of rallying the NPC guild members who stayed at the guild. One or two other players will act as their bodyguard, this will allow the Commander to continue his/her rallying. Support, healing, high defense, or damage negation characters will be best here.

Guild Vault Defense
Characters here will be the last line.

Last note on activity and balancing RP events
Preferably we have a post once every 4 days. I will be force rolling required things like initiative if that's not rolled in time. As always, we'll go with the modified initiative rules. With the parallel nature of this, I'll do my best on figuring out when events happen in relation to another group. For particularly fast-posting groups, they will likely encounter more side/non-important encounters, than slow groups.[/info]

Oath

Ryine will defend the vault! And Garrin will be in the tournament finals audience, or the guild courtyard if there are not enough players.

Manzokushi

Jorn will be in the vault and if you need another for the other locations you can plug in Haru.

FoxyPox

You'd find Tiamat conveniently napping wherever she was not needed.

But that would put her directly into at least one of these situations.

Throndir

[info]Kin will be in the Vault, and Vladimir as a guard for Kynn[/info]

Wolfrin Fenris

Wolfrin will defend the courtyard with his brave companion Buddy.  ;D
BEEP

Throndir

I think that's all we're gonna get? Any left overs will just be sent to the tournament finals audience group. And/or groups that seem to be struggling with what it thrown at them. I'll start writing some stuff, and hope to post the starting threads sometime this coming week.

Throndir

[info]Moving Vladimir to Courtyard group.

Nyuko will join Guild Hall Defense Group[/info]