[IC] Day of Giving Raffle

Started by Throndir, December 10, 2014, 07:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

There was a notice on the guild board for the entire guild to meet the day before the Day of Giving. Not only that in each of the guild-member's rooms they received a summon and what looked to be a raffle ticket. They had no idea what it was about nor what to expect. Guild summons came by rarely, though anyone could have sent them. Yet the guild members of Galas'nor eventually started filling the hall, talking amongst themselves and soon enough the crescendo of verbal exchanges grew to a peak. Before any sort of brawl were to happen (and often enough they did happen especially when the more rowdy members of the guild were in the same room), Arelia, the banker of the guild, addressed the guild, magically enhancing her voice so that it would be heard.

"Sorry everyone for the late notice, but I was tasked with this very last minute." She said dryly. You can tell she was annoyed. "But we are going to hold a raffle." There was some slight questioning groans from the audience, but Arelia continued. She pulled out three crystal-like objects.

"The guild has been saving these for the last few years. The newer members might not know, but they are shards that are grown from and harvested from our sword we keep holed up deep in our vaults." There was a murmur from the audience, they knew that the sword Arelia mentioned was none other than the Sword of Galas'nor, a powerful artifact that has been with the guild since its founding centuries ago. "As you may or may not know, each year a new shard is created. This will mark the first time in recent history that we're giving them out to our guild."

Arelia pulled out a large basket.

"Lets see who our winners are."

• Every player is given 1 raffle ticket, regardless of the number of characters you have (you may roleplay as having more of course).
  • Earn 2 tickets for posting in this thread the first time.
  • Earn 1 ticket for each roleplaying post in the month of December. Posts in other roleplays count as well (Log Horizon, Anime, Mecha RP, etc). DM discretion if the post qualifies (eg, no 1 sentence posts. :P).
  • You may trade/sell your tickets if you wish.
  • Sample rewards include the shards, and/or magical gear, and/or anything else I think of. Example of shards: Shard of Time (gain a full turn once per day), Shard of Mind (refresh all daily abilities/powers once per day), Shard of Body (heal as much hitpoints as a full day of rest), Shard of Heart (Cure/immune to all status conditions for 1 round once per day), and etc.
  • After the 3 shards are given out. The number of other gifts for raffles is equal to 20% of the number of characters that post in this thread, rounded up.
  • Players who win a raffle, who have with multiple characters, will be randomly rolled to determine which among the characters gets the item.
  • Consolitary prize given to all participants who post in this thread and who did not receive any raffle winnings.
  • Prizes are given out in batches. First shard is given on December 15. Second shard is given on December 20. Third shard is given on December 25. Rest of the raffle prizes are given out in early January.

Burdenking

Ollete stood there with Maddeline, looking on at the person speaking as they held their tickets. Both of the twin jesters looked to each other, and smiled at the idea of the raffle. Both Ollete and Maddeline raised their hands, waving them to get the attention of the woman speaking so they could ask her a question they both were wondering.

Of course, anything they said would likely either be morbid or threatening, but it was always meant as a joke and the guild had learned never to take the twins too seriously.

Throndir

"Well... Ollete and Madeline polite as always when all these other folks would probably just blurt out their questions." She paused as she considered the twins. "Something I can answer?"

Linwelin

Vladimir Ludwik

Shards? Guild sword? I'd heard of it, but did not realize it was such an odd, powerful relic. The Sword of Galas'nor... Vladimir looked upon the scene pensively, clutching his ticket in his hand. It sounds mysterious...perhaps it could even help me treat my disease! At this point, curing it might actually kill me, but a way to kill off the adverse effects would be most welcome. He tightened his grip in anticipation.

"Arelia, I have a question, what can these shards do?" Vladimir had stepped up closer in order to be noticed more easily, and hopefully heard.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Kin Sheel

The blade-crazed halfling was watching the event take place with, surprisingly, a bit of boredom. "Shards from the sword? Sound brittle. Unless I can forge them in some way, or they'll help me with some sort of technique, I'm just gonna head out and enjoy the crisp air like I'd meant to this morning. Seriously, raffling trinkets..." Kin was muttering, obviously disappointed in the prizes. "Sure! They're a part of our founding artifact, but to me that's just trophies. Ooo!" He suddenly shouted, causing many around him to flinch in surprise. They'd been trying to tune out his grumbling so they could stay excited, but when they saw Kin running to the front, there was a collective sigh.

"Here we go again...!"

The whisper was echoed by everyone, thus becoming an audible groan throughout the hall. When the guildmates noticed their like-minded comment, a fit of laughter broke out before waiting to see what the halfling was going to ask. And right on queue, Kin delivered.

"'Lia! Hey 'Lia! If I win, could I trade the prize for a chance to use a sword a bit, maybe look it over, give it a couple swings? Eh? EH? Whadya say, 'Lia?" Kin was nearly about to clamber on stage with Arelia, his curious eyes shining.

Before any sort of answer could be made, a random member guffawed and spoke, "Come now, Kin! You know the sword's never removed from the vault unless there's an emergency-" Kin abruptly cut them off. "But it IS an emergency! There's an exotic weapon RIGHT under my nose, and I've yet to be able to take a look! It's TRAGIC." The halfling made sure to make his final statement as dramatic as possible. A knowing laughter filled the room, with the one who spoke getting pats on the back and 'good try' remarks. But Kin ignored them, turning his eyes back to Arelia.

"PALEEEEEEEEASE!?"

GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Ella

Callista Fae

Sitting on a high beam in the ceiling, Callista waited for whatever it was that was going to happen. She would have sat on Annia's shoulder while she waited so that she would have someone to talk to, but it appeared they were not the only ones summoned to the guild hall. The floor was crawling with her fellow guildies and she was afraid she might get knocked off of her friend's shoulder and stepped on or squished. She wondered how her poor dwarf friend and others of his size were handling the crowd.

Peering down from her perch, the faerie looked for all of the friends she had made over the years. It was easy to spot Annia and Aria, seeing as she had come in with them. There was that weird guy who avoided sunny days. She had met him only a few times and had yet to go on a quest with him, since she of course preferred sunny days. Those were the most perfect days for pranking people. Surprisingly, she was able to spot the halfling who had helped save her earlier that summer. Apparently, it was he who had sprung some of the traps guarding her sleeping quarters.

She failed to spot Gandin and the others before the woman who apparently ran the guild's bank came out and announced her presence. Callista had yet to actually use the bank for her items. Annia had taught her how to put gold in the bank, but Callista was afraid someone would take her stuff. Gold was replaceable, items were not as easy to replace. She felt much better guarding her precious stuff with traps and a couple of Brat's children.

'Ooooooo... shiny...' Callista thought upon seen the crystal shards. The guild had a sword? It must be a pretty awesome sword to give off pretty shards. She wondered why it was kept deep in the vaults of the guild. OH! What if, the person who wields the sword becomes the guild master?! The faerie had yet to meet the guild master, so maybe there was not one yet. That would mean that giving out these shards was a test! Anyone who has the power to use them must be a potential candidate for wielding the sword! Being a guild master could be fun! But after thinking it over, the faerie realized she still had a lot to learn about the guild in general. So perhaps it would be better if Annia became the guild master...

Mysticsage

Kryas could sense it.

The mystic energies radiating from those shards. Locking eyes with Serena who was across the room from his corner they shared a look between them. She had no doubt felt the same when the basket had entered the room. The half elf had always been interested in the legend behind the guild's blade. Kryas had a thing fore legends and folklore, though the only one who seemed to know anything concrete was the illusive guild master himself. So, he had let that secret lie for the time being. Those stones however might just hold the key to a few juicy secrets. The simple idea of uncovering such unknown made him lip his chops.

Even if the shards were just condensated magical power they could be useful in his own rituals or Serena's. She had not held a proper vigil since she had arrived at the guild. Using them as tuning stones at the very least would add some color to the proceadings. Whenever she weaves outside magic into her prayers interesting things soon followed.

"So, where do we gather our tickets from" came Serena's voice stealing the question right from the bards lips

Zultar

As the orc ponders and stares at the shards in Arelia's hands, he blurts out the question.

"Does it make meat?" He sits, and stares, as others around him are confused.

Burdenking

Ollete and Madeline, being a couple proper ladies, waited for everyone to voice their questions as they blurted them out like there was no tomorrow. They could have gone ballistic on the room for people interrupting them, but the sisters decided now wasn't the time if they wanted to keep the prize in sight. When everyone was done, Ollete smiled then spoke.

"Also, can we take other people's tickets?"
She asked deviously, looking around and imaging fun games to play with her competition.

"Maybe say, if they couldn't be part of the competition anymore?" Maddeline said, giggling a bit as she played along with her sisters joke, not sure if it was or not. She decided to just treat it as one, since she doubted they could take out enough people to make a difference in the competition.

Throndir

"I somehow knew there would be a ton of questions. Now now, where to start..." She paused as she gathered her thoughts. "The shards hold magic similar to that of our guild's sword, though not as potent. That said they still hold great power and I'm sure those who can sense the arts have already noticed the power running through these. Some shards can restore your wounds, some prevent damage for a limited time, some refresh and renew your mind, and some can even slow down time. Of course you can imagine the sword would so similar things..."

"But before anyone else asks." The banker looked directly at Zultar. "No. No meat, I don't even-" She shook her head but then addressed Kin. "No as well. Even I can't just go deep in the vaults to take the sword out. That sword stays where it is. And there's still other prizes apart from the shards." Arelia mentioned as she pulled out a few other weapons from who knows where.

"As for earning tickets, you'll receive them throughout the rest of the day. Magically I believe. Just seemingly appearing in front of you within eye-sight. Let's see..." She then pulled out a piece of paper from out of nowhere and began to read it out-loud.

"To earn tickets, keep eyes open,
Just keep doing what you're doing.
To find, or trade; given, stolen,
You'll seek them out and win!"

She paused as she looked over the now more-confused individuals among the guild. "Don't ask me what that means. Pfft. But I assume that means, as long as you can get your hands on them! I'll be doing the first drawing in two hours. I will do so again in another two hours. A third time for the third shard another two hours from then. Lastly the rest of the prizes will be given out at midnight."

QuoteFor those that may have read the thread early before I posted changes, I plan to do drawings on: Dec 15, Dec 20, Dec 25, and lastly on Dec 30/or early January.

Linwelin

Kin was visibly irked, "Damn it all. Well, then there better be something better than magic baubles. I'm a simple guy, the only shiny objects I care for are shiny weaponry." With that, he jumped down from the stage (yes, he HAD climbed onto it), putting his hands on the dome of his head casually, and wandered back to his seat to enjoy his favorite mead. "Either way, a raffle should be fun. I'm always up for a contest of any sort."
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Nyuko Nyun

Nyuko Nyun

"Psst. Kin-nya!" Nyuko whispered as he made his way to the halfling, his voice quiet so only he could hear.

"If the banker-nyan is here... That means no one's guarding the vaults? Nya?" There was a sparkle of mischievousness in his eyes. "If the banker-nyan is here... That means no one's guarding the vaults? Nya? Maybe we can see the sword!"

Golas Rorn

Golas Rorn

It would have been amazing if the shards could generate meat, a 'Shard of Meat', the large man couldn't help but grin at the thought. It sounded preposterous, but with how magic was these days, anything was possible. He stood by Zultar, applauding the half-orc's sophisticated taste of food.

"What do you say to a deal?" Golas whispered as he nudged the half-orc. "If either of us get the shard of meat, we can take turns?" Guild members was all about sharing! The Day of Giving was near after all.

Throndir

Exactly like what Arelia had mentioned earlier, two hours after the guild has assembled in the main hall, they were summoned again. Busy had the guild members searched for tickets, finding them high and low, and there were even some who insisted on simply selling the ones they had found. But time was up, at least for this first round, as an echo went throughout the guild telling the members to assemble.

And there they were, talking amongst themselves like before, did they appear and gather at the hall. Whether the tickets were magical or not, each of them levitated in the air, and floated right into Arelia's hand. She gathered them quickly, separating the hundreds of tickets into another smaller basket.

"I'll be pulling out three names. The first and second winners will receive one of our random item in the bag, the third winner will receive the first of our shards. And just for good will, someone come up to the stage and draw the first name!"

QuoteNext person to post, please roll a 1d121.

Remember, I reset the ticket count. Next drawing will be for posts from Dec 16 to Dec 20. Then Dec 21 to Dec 25. Then lastly Dec 26 to the end of the year.

Once that is done, I'll be pooling up all posts in December, then pulling names out for the all the extra non-shard prizes (if there's still enough prizes to go around).

December 1 to December 15

Throndir: 34
Linwelin: 22
Mysticsage: 11
Ella: 9
Kirhart: 5
Zultar: 5
Burdenking: 3
Mumble Dragon: 3
TheChugsBoson: 2
Lance: 2
kitkat27: 2
Oath: 1
Neko: 1
Low: 1
Eireleen: 1
Lightningsun: 1
Kain: 1
Emperor Wilbers: 1
Shmar: 1
Wolfrin Fenris: 1
Joxcab: 1
InhumanRonin: 1
Manzokushi: 1
Grimston: 1
TheBigJon: 1
Jemmermoore: 1
Dragoonia: 1
Ihm: 1
Bootman: 1
Lightspeed15: 1
Terra: 1
Argonian: 1
AeroArt: 1
Milk: 1

Mysticsage

Serena managed to get her way on stage before anyone else could beat her to it. "I assume that i'll be just fine she said with a smile lets see what lady luck has in store for us tonight shall we?" with a charismatic smile and moving a stand of her hair from her face, she slipped her hand into the basket and pulled out

[spoiler][blockquote]Rolled 1d121 : 67, total 67[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Throndir

"Kryas Windsel!" Arelia read aloud as she proceed to pull something from the larger basket. Whatever it was, it was wrapped with many layers of cloth, and you noticed that she took extra care in handling the item. As Kryas went up to take the prize, Arelia explained.

"It's a Rod of Cancellation. Being a bard, I'm sure you know what means... We had quite a fuss the last time I had one of these in my possession and it accidentally ruined someone's favorite sword." She then focused her attention to the rest of the crowd.

"Lets have someone else pull the next ticket then?"

QuoteNext person to post, other than Mysticsage, please roll a 1d120.

Rod of Cancellation
Cancellation: This dreaded rod is a bane to magic items, for its touch drains an item of all magical properties. The item touched must make a DC 23 Will save to prevent the rod from draining it. If a creature is holding it at the time, then the item can use the holder?s Will save bonus in place of its own if the holder?s is better. In such cases, contact is made by making a melee touch attack roll. Upon draining an item, the rod itself becomes brittle and cannot be used again. Drained items are only restorable by wish or miracle. (If a sphere of annihilation and a rod of cancellation negate each other, nothing can restore either of them.)
Strong abjuration; CL 17th; Craft Rod, mage?s disjunction; Price 11,000 gp.

Mystic, please update your character sheet.

December 1 to December 15

Throndir: 34
Linwelin: 22
Mysticsage: 10
Ella: 9
Kirhart: 5
Zultar: 5
Burdenking: 3
Mumble Dragon: 3
TheChugsBoson: 2
Lance: 2
kitkat27: 2