[IC] Kin's Fan Club vs White Ravens

Started by Throndir, May 17, 2015, 10:23:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

"Our final match for the day!"

"And what a day it was as well."

"Though, as they say, we save the best for last! We have the White Ravens versus Kin's Fan Club! Or KFC for short."

"Doesn't that make you hungry?"

"Well it is past dinner time."

"Lets grab some chicken after?"

The announcers finished, and soon enough the once dark and pitch black arena started to morph and change. Each of you felt the heat continue to mount up, and soon enough the floors were replaced with embers. Before anyone else could react, flames spouted forth as each of you cringed in pain.

• At the beginning of each round, you are burned for 1d6 damage.
  • No fire spawns at the center of the room (4 by 4 square), and is the only safe place for those touching land.
  • The square of no fire changes position at the beginning of each round.
  • Flying at least 10 ft. up will negate the effect of fire.
  • No risk of dying, the badge your character has will immediately teleport you to the tournament's healers upon any fatal attacks.
  • For once, initiative rules apply. Figured since it's PVP, might as well.
  • Forced movement after 72 hours of inactivity. I'll be reminding people to post. If you don't have the time to write written RP replies, just do your rolls and state your actions in spoilers/quotes.

Roll for initiative!

QuoteYuki takes 4 fire damage.
Sena takes 2 fire damage.
Takeo takes 4 fire damage.
Kin takes 5 fire damage.
Iiro takes 4 fire damage.
Hawk takes 3 fire damage.

Throndir

Quote[blockquote]Sena initiative 1d20+5 : 7 + 5, total 12[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Yuki initiative 1d20+4 : 3 + 4, total 7[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Takeo initiative 1d20+2 : 10 + 2, total 12[/blockquote]

Linwelin

"Ahchacha! HOT!" Kin yelped as he tried to jump back from the flames bursting beneath his feet. Only, there was nowhere to dodge to. Fire was everywhere, and after his experiences in a certain temple, he didn't want more fire. Luckily, his armor crystal kept the heat of the arena from causing discomfort. But that dulled his reaction time to the flames, causing a decent burn across his armor.

Then, he saw it. "Wait, no fire?" He knew it was suspicious, something was bound to be odd about it. But at this point he didn't care. And if that didn't give him reason to head there, what he saw past the area was more than enough. His enemy stood equidistant from the center; and in particular, a certain one caught his eye.

"AH!" He pointed at the man amongst their group. "The skeleton-summoning, child-assaulter!" He yelled in surprise, for all to hear.

Quote[blockquote]Initiative:  1d20+6 : 12 + 6, total 18[/blockquote]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

QuoteWaiting on Iiro and Hawke to roll initiative.

PrinceOwyn

"Ow!" Iiro groaned and looked down. His clothes getting a bit crispy. Well. This was going to be great fun. Not really, but thus was life. He pulled his hair up simply to keep it from getting burnt on the ends, trying to think of the best plan of action. "Child-assaulter...?" They were fighting someone that hurt kids? Well, at least that made him feel less bad about the pending battle.

Quote[blockquote]Initiative:  1d20+4 : 5 + 4, total 9[/blockquote]

Mumble Dragon

Here's a placeholder until I write some stuff.

Quote[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+2 : 6 + 2, total 8[/blockquote]

Throndir

QuoteBattle Log
[spoiler]Round 1 starts.[/spoiler]

Turn order:
[spoiler]Kin (Kin's Fan Club)
Sena (White Ravens)
Takeo (White Ravens)
Iiro (Kin's Fan Club)
Hawke (Kin's Fan Club)
Yuki (White Ravens)
[/spoiler]

Damage Dealt
[spoiler]Kin: 5
Sena: 2
Takeo: 4
Iiro: 4
Hawke: 3
Yuki: 4[/spoiler]

Grid Map
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Kin or Sena to move

Linwelin

Kin turned from shocked to gleeful as he began laughing, "Finally! I can pay you back for what you put Ana and I through! Oh, and the kid's fine, by the way." The halfling acted as though he were full of vengeance and bloodlust, but inwardly he was calculating. The last battle he fought was full of skeletons. Too many skeletons. And this one MIGHT be the same. He decided to test the waters first instead of diving into battle head-on, one versus three.

Thus, though he seemed to advance recklessly at first, upon reaching the center of the non-scalding rock face, he quickly took up stance of total defense. At the same time, he changed his footwork a little, making it look like he could lunge at the slightest opening given at any moment.

[spoiler]Kin moves to G7, takes a "total defense" stance as a standard action, and initiates his "Island of Blades" stance as a swift action.

Total Defense gives +4 Dodge AC for 1 round at the cost of being able to make attacks of opportunity.

Island of Blades makes it so both he and allies adjacent to the same opponent as him gain flanking, even if they're not standing opposite the enemy.[/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

"Fine? She's grown a lot since hasn't she, Kin Sheel? We've kept a close eye." Takeo called back. At that same moment you notice Takeo cast some sort of spell as he touched his companion Yuki lightly.

Sena, the winged individual on their team, took to the skies, escaping the fire. She too began casting some sort of spell.

"It was really just him keeping an eye. I've been thinking about it for awhile but it's probably a boyhood crush." Sena called out as well. "You did manage to scare him."

"Shut it Sena." Was all Takeo's response as he begun rushing in with his sword drawn.

[spoiler]Takeo casts unknown spell. Hawke recognizes the spell. Takeo then moves to F5.
Sena flies 10 ft up to avoid fires. Sena casts unknown spell.
[/spoiler]

Throndir

QuoteBattle Log
[spoiler]Round 1 starts.
Kin moves to G7, activates Island of Blades, and uses Total Defense
Takeo casts a spell, and moves to F5.
Sena flies up, and casts a spell.[/spoiler]

Turn order:
Sena (White Ravens)
Takeo (White Ravens)
Iiro (Kin's Fan Club)
Hawke (Kin's Fan Club)
Yuki (White Ravens)
[/spoiler]

Damage Dealt
Iiro: 4

Daily Usage
[spoiler]Sena: Unknown spell
Takeo: Unknown spell[/spoiler]

Grid Map
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Iiro or Hawke to move.

PrinceOwyn

Iiro sighed and looked over everyone, trying to calm his excited nerves. They all seemed to be emotionally invested in fighting each other, which was great and all, but he mostly was here to win. He sighed again and rushed towards the center, where there seemed to be a bit of sanctuary from the heat, raising his crossbow as he did, waiting to let loose until he had more of an idea of what and whom they were up against. Typically, he was more action oriented when it came to battles, but this was good, for now. They were going to win, after all! There was no going back in his mind. He could taste victory.

A little patience might serve their team well.

[spoiler] Iiro moves to h8. [/spoiler]

Throndir

QuoteBattle Log
[spoiler]Round 1 starts.
Sena flies up, and casts a spell.
Iiro moves to H8, activates Zealous as a swift action.[/spoiler]

Turn order:
Sena (White Ravens)
Takeo (White Ravens)
Iiro (Kin's Fan Club)
Hawke (Kin's Fan Club)
Yuki (White Ravens)
[/spoiler]

Damage Dealt/Status
Iiro: 4, Zealous (10 rounds)

Daily Usage
Takeo: Unknown spell[/spoiler]

Grid Map
[spoiler]Iiro to H8
[/spoiler]

Iiro to confirm on remaining action (standard or move or a readied action) or Hawke to take their turn.

Mumble Dragon

Somehow Hawke had ended up on the small man's team.

It all started as a partial interest in this tourney, walking up to a sign to gain more information, Hawke was somehow wrapped up in the town's shenanigans and ended up in the pit himself. Not to mention that the stage had quickly become a game of don't touch the floor, for it's clearly made of lava. The sense of cold that lived in the pit of his being remedied a bit of the heat, leaving it a bit bearable, nonetheless, he was unfazed by the heat. Growing up in the south left him with a slight toleration to hot weather. It still didn't mean he was comfortable in it.

Finding himself teamed with complete strangers, Hawke was a bit estranged as to what to do. Deciding to follow in the short man's lead, he began his advance toward what looked to be cooler rock. With a flick, he twirled his trusty pole arm from his back and spun it into his grasp. He always preferred a longer weapon, his halberd always keeping his enemies out of arms reach, allowing him to strike them whilst avoiding their annoying weapons. Weapon readied, Hawke moves to take a position to support the small one from behind, keeping a casual eye on the enemy in flight.

[spoiler]Hawke ends his turn on a movement action. He makes a move to F8.[/spoiler]

Throndir

As Iiro and Hawke moved up along with Kin. The quiet White Ravens member also moved forward. When Iiro and Hawke stopped, the quiet one began casting a spell, and soon enough a large skeletal creature appeared. The skeleton had a thick frame, and towered atleast 8ft. tall. Its empty eye sockets stared down at both Kin and Hawke. A moment later one of it's sharp claws raced towards Hawke, while the other was centered on Kin.

The first attack hit Hawk, having caught him unaware. And while Kin was able to narrowly dodge the skeleton's second claw, the beast scored a hit with a bite.

"Looks like the White Ravens are preparing for the fight. Each one seems to have cast a spell."

"On the other hand the guild of Galas'nor are positioning themselves for the battle!"

"How well will that work though? That safe zone changes every few seconds doesn't it?"

"We shall find out!" As if on cue, the safe platform started moving, heading to the southeast.

QuoteBattle Log
[spoiler]Round 1 starts.
Sena flies up, and casts a spell.
Iiro moves to H8, activates Zealous as a swift action.
Hawke moves to F8.
Yuki moves to E5, and casts a spell. Skeleton appears EF/67.
Skeleton attacks deals 8 damage to Hawke, 6 damage to Kin.
Round 1 ends, round 2 starts.
No one takes fire damage.
Safe platform moves.[/spoiler]

Turn order:
Sena (White Ravens)
Takeo (White Ravens)
Iiro (Kin's Fan Club)
Hawke (Kin's Fan Club)
Yuki (White Ravens)
Skeleton 1:
[/spoiler]

Damage Dealt/Status
[spoiler]Kin: 11, Island of blades with Hawke +2 atk vs skeleton
Sena: 2, ? (? rounds)
Takeo: 4, ? (? rounds)
Iiro: 4, Zealous +2 atk +2 saves +2 dmg (10 rounds)
Hawke: 11, Island of blades with Kin +2 atk vs skeleton
Yuki: 4
Skeleton 1: [/spoiler]

Daily Usage
Takeo: Unknown spell
Yuki: Unknown spell[/spoiler]

Grid Map
[spoiler]
Hawke is blue outlined
Iiro is red outlined
[/spoiler]

Kin or Sena to take their turn.
Knowledge checks if you wish to identify the creature.

Linwelin

Kin didn't even need to think in order to know what just popped up and scared him just enough to land a bite. "...Skeletons...why's it got to be skeletons?" It almost sounded like a whine. He'd just run through a horde of the buggers in his last match, and now there were more. It wasn't fair. It wasn't RIGHT.

And so, he aimed to smash it. As much as he wished to jump directly for the child-assaulter before him, Kin could no long stand a skeleton being near him this day.

"NO. MORE. DAMNED. SKELETONS!"

Kin screamed in frustration as he slashed away at the beast before him. Thanks to his new-found footwork, and that the creature was even slightly distracted by Hawke, the halfling was able to make precise use of his blade.

QuoteSkeletons now take sneak attack damage in PF.

Also, I've factored in the damage reduction already by reducing my damage bonus.

...Damn skeletons.

[blockquote]Attack 1, with flanking:  1d20+12 : 9 + 12, total 21[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Electric Damage:  1d6 : 1, total 1[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Sneak Attack:  2d6 : 4, 2, total 6[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Sword Damage:  2d6+1 : 2, 5 + 1, total 8[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Attack 2, with flanking:  1d20+12 : 18 + 12, total 30[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Electric Damage:  1d6 : 1, total 1[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Sneak Attack:  2d6 : 3, 4, total 7[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Sword Damage:  2d6+1 : 5, 5 + 1, total 11[/blockquote]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_