[IC] Musical Muscles vs The Guild of Teras'nor

Started by Throndir, August 13, 2014, 08:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

"I hope everyone's still enjoying the rounds of death here in the arena!" There was a roar of approval from the spectators. In a few more moments the crowd quieted down. "Now... what would you say to a fight between two of the oldest guilds in our city?" The silence continued, but pretty soon the crowd had begun to roar again.

"That's right!" The lady announcer dressed in the ballgown giggled. "The guild of Galas'nor and Teras'nor!" In that moment both teams appeared on opposite ends of the arena. One was a team composing of Golas, Serena, and Shandon, while the other consisted of individuals, who wore unmatching attire just like the guild members of Galas'nor.

"The Guild of Galas'nor team is deciding to call themselves the Musical Muscles. So... Musical Muscles, do your best!"

"To the Guild of Teras'nor as well! Which of these two ancient guilds will stand supreme? Only time will tell!" With that, the arena shifted and warped. In a few more moments both groups were standing on a small island, with waters surrounding them. A long and large tower stood in the middle of the arena, with a couple other small islands on either side.

"Swim to victory! Or if you prefer, you can always balance your way there!"

QuoteWater arena rules:
  • Swim checks required as normal. Water is treated to be Calm, requiring a DC 10 swim check.
  • When 2 players are unconscious. Water is treated to be Rough, requiring a DC 15 swim check.
  • When 4 players are unconscious. Water is treated to be Stormy, requireing a DC 20 swim check.
  • Balancing on the 4 inch beams require a DC 15 balance check.
  • You cannot 'overtake' another player who is attempting to balance. You can attempt a melee touch attack (to push any ally)/melee attack (to strike an enemy), and if successful opposing player must roll a DC 15 balance check as per the PHB.
  • It generally takes two balance checks to cross the bridge as per the regular movement rules associated with balancing.

Linwelin

Shandon begins a droning chant, and though it was song and slightly pleasant to the ear, it felt like more. Then you realized it, you could feel the chant. It was reverberating throughout the bodies of everyone near the dwarf, as though the air itself resonated with Shandon's spirit. His eyes glowed a slightly-paler white as the energy built up around him, and even a few sparks of electricity were seen in the air around him.

Then, with his focus reinforced, the dwarf made his way for the balance beam, heading to the platform in the east. He had some ideas on what he could do, but it depended on his opponents. However, on his way, he did channel and prepare his inflict spell in his fist.

[spoiler]Cast inflict light wounds, though delaying the spell for when I next touch a target.[/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Linwelin

[spoiler][blockquote]Balance check:  1d20+3 : 13 + 3, total 16[/blockquote][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Golas Rorn

"Buahahaha!" The large man roared in laughter at the sudden change in the arena. There was a certain glint in his eyes though as the rush of being in battle made him feel more alive. Grabbing his bow he took the other path, running as fast as he could to one of the islands. The fighter was focused and determined as he made his way across the 4-inch wide make-shift bridge. The sight was amazing to behold, as he neared the island, he lunged forward into a roll, knocking an arrow and letting the arrow sly straight towards one of his targets.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 6 + 4, total 10[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d8+4 : 8 + 4, total 12[/blockquote]

[spoiler]Move: Accelerated movement over beam. Spending 4 karma to take 20. 20-4 =16 Drawing bow as part of move action.
Standard: Attacking with bow at the girl

QuoteAccelerated Movement: You can try to walk across a
precarious surface more quickly than normal. If you
accept a ?5 penalty, you can move your full
speed as a move action. (Moving twice
your speed in a round requires two
Balance checks, one for each move action
used.) You may also accept this penalty in
order to charge across a precarious
surface; charging requires one Balance
check for each multiple of your speed (or
fraction thereof ) that you charge

QuoteCost 4, Take 20 on a skill check, can be done even if threatened or distracted. (But can't be done in combat). Can be used if there are negative consequences to failing.
[/spoiler]

Golas Rorn

[spoiler]Forgot to note, I end my movement A7 and I'll resolve the karma usage myself.[/spoiler]

Mysticsage

Serena only smiled as the game began while she was always more of a healer and a defender this was the first chance to really test her skills again in a long while. "Let's see where this goes show we?" She said while slipping a pair of fingerless leather gloves over her hands and cracked a soft smile. With a flourish and a quick prayer to the moon for protection she was enveloped in a glowing outline of divine power before she went running out onto the battle field.

[spoiler]Casts Mage Armor
AC becomes 23 for 4 hrs

Balance check
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+9 : 4 + 9, total 13

use
5 karma to reroll
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+9 : 19 + 9, total 28[/blockquote]
If success move to 6A[/spoiler] 

Throndir

QuoteResolved the 5 karma, and added a new item in the karma rewards list:
Cost 5, Reroll a skill check.

Lance

On one side, the Galas'nor group surged forth, claiming both inner platforms within seconds of the match's opening, casting their spells, and firing arrows at a very particular ninja. However, on the other...

Tagi

"Now was that any way to greet a lady?"

"There are no manners in battle, Tagi. Only victory."
Euralm
Albion

"Then, all manners aside, let's show these Galas'nor pups how it's done!"

While remaining on the platform they started in, the Teras'nor team exploded in a flurry of activity: The ninja had momentarily disappeared during the dialogue, only to reappear slightly off to the side amidst a storm of shuriken fired in response to the earlier attack. The magi, for his part, promptly broke standard wizard protocol and, with a wand in either hand, called forth a couple Fiendish sharks that immediately zoned in on the lone Galas'nor member single-handedly defending his position. And finally, the spear-wielder, now with a ball-sized flame floating in the palm of his free hand, let off a predatorial grin as he eyed the two Galas'nor members on the other side, as if daring them to approach.

[spoiler]Tagi attacks Golas with 3 shuriken (1 hits), dealing 17 damage and causing him to feel slightly drowsy, but only momentarily.
Euralm simultaneously fires two wands, summoning two fiendish sharks to attack Shandon. The first shark's bite connects, dealing 9 damage. The second shark misses.
Albion casts a spell which no one was able to recognize.
T?r (The black figure standing next to Euralm) stands motionlessly throughout it all.[/spoiler]
"A wish? Okay, genie, make me a ham sandwich."

Throndir

QuoteNew round start.

Sharks: 4 rounds left

Shandon needs to roll Balance due to being hit by sharks.
Serena's movement didn't include half-speed on the beam, had to curtail it.

QuoteBeing Attacked while Balancing: You are considered flat-footed
while balancing, since you can?t move to avoid a blow, and thus
you lose your Dexterity bonus to AC (if any). If you have 5 or more
ranks in Balance, you aren?t considered flat-footed while
balancing. If you take damage while balancing, you must
make another Balance check against the same DC to
remain standing.

QuoteCheck: You can walk on a precarious surface. A successful check
lets you move at half your speed along the surface for 1 round

Left to move: Everyone

Golas Rorn

Golas laughed maniacally as the shuriken fire from the woman struck his neck. Blood poured but the large man but he kept his wit about him as continued knocking another arrow into his bow. His eyes wide he let loose two more arrows.

"GOLAS DOUBLE SHOT!" He yelled as he aimed again for the woman.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+6 : 18 + 6, total 24[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d8+4 : 5 + 4, total 9[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+6 : 15 + 6, total 21[/blockquote]

[spoiler]Using 1 karma for an extra attack.

QuoteCost 1, Extra attack. During any round in which a character takes a full attack action, he may spend 1 action point to make an extra attack at his highest base attack bonus. Action points may be used in this way with both melee and ranged attacks. You must declare the use of this action point for it to cost just 1.
[/spoiler]

Linwelin

[spoiler]Spending 8 karma to take 20 to not fall in the water. I an NOT swimming with sharks haha.[/spoiler]

Whether due to his keen focus or the panic from having sharks jumping, Shandon expertly twirls across the beam after being hit, keeping solid footing. Once on solid ground, the monk whirled around an shouted sharply at the shark nearest to him while striking with his fist. The air around him seemed to ripple with the force of his shout and strike.

[spoiler][blockquote]Attack:  1d20+4 : 7 + 4, total 11[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage if hit:  1d6+2 : 3 + 2, total 5[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Inflict light wounds damage:  1d8+3 : 4 + 3, total 7[/blockquote][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Mysticsage

Serena moves casts Eagles splendor on herself +5 charisma

Then moves to A6
[spoiler]Balance check
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+9 : 16 + 9, total 25[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Throndir

QuoteResolved Golas' and Shando's karma usage. As always please keep track of your status/conditions/HP.

Lance

"Time to burn off some blubber, BIG guy!" the Red Spearman shouted, as he threw a ball of flame at Golas. Meanwhile, the ninja fired off a veritable storm of shuriken before fading away in a puff of smoke. The summoner, likewise, kept to his same routine, summoning another pair of playful animals - sharks.

[spoiler=Actions]
Euralm summons another pair of sharks,
Fiendish Shark #1 [J7] attacks Shandon with a bite (4 damage) and tail (2 damage).
Fiendish Shark #2 [J8] attacks Shandon with a bite (6 damage) and tail (4 damage).
Fiendish Shark #3 [B5] attacks Serena with a bite (miss).
Fiendish Shark #4 [B8] attacks Golas with a bite (miss).
The black figure waits silently yet another round.
Albion throws a small ball of fire at Golas, but misses.
Tagi wildly fires 6 shuriken (2 at each member) before fading into some form of invisibility. Only Shandon was hit, taking 5 points of damage. On the bright side, Shandon was able to resist some kind of poison seeping into his wounds.
[/spoiler]
"A wish? Okay, genie, make me a ham sandwich."

Golas Rorn

"Fat? FAT? THESE ARE MUSCLES!" Golas roared back, unamused from the insult. He placed another arrow on his bow, and let fly more shots consecutively. His target? The red spearman.

"GOLAS DOUBLE SHOT OF MUSCLES!" He stressed the word 'muscles'.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+6 : 10 + 6, total 16[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+6 : 4 + 6, total 10[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d8+4 : 8 + 4, total 12[/blockquote]

[spoiler]
QuotePaying 1 karma point for an extra attack. I'll resolve the karma myself.
[/spoiler]