[Rosalie] Chapter 5: Little Sister's Demand

Started by Throndir, December 08, 2018, 09:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

Round 5a
Hertha managed to land a solid blow to Alyona's head. Though her second attack bounced off Alyona's scale.

Alyona was panicking again, getting distance as she flew downwards. Hertha saw an opportunity to attack and she let her wooden blade swipe at the fleeing dragon.

[blockquote]Hertha AoO 1d20+18 : 19 + 18, total 37[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Hertha AoO Dmg 2d6+11 : 3, 6 + 11, total 20[/blockquote]

QuoteRough Status
Hertha: Affected by red wind surrounding her, Affected by Earth Cloak, Affected by red wind surrounding weapon, Affected by Limit Release 2
Alyona:

[include u=2]Hertha Dmg Taken: 84
Hertha Current KP: 11 (increases by 3 per turn)
Alyona Dmg Taken: 52[/include]

Throndir

[blockquote]Hertha Crit Confirm 1d20+18 : 3 + 18, total 21[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Hertha Crit Confirm Dmg 2d6+11 : 1, 1 + 11, total 13[/blockquote]

Throndir

Hertha managed to hit her blade hard on Alyona's back. But once Alyona was far enough, she unleashed her lightning breath at Alyona.

[blockquote]Lightning breath 6d8 : 5, 5, 7, 3, 7, 1, total 28[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Hertha Agility 1d20+12 : 12 + 12, total 24[/blockquote]

QuoteRough Status
Hertha: Affected by red wind surrounding her, Affected by Earth Cloak, Affected by red wind surrounding weapon, Affected by Limit Release 2
Alyona:

[include u=2]Hertha Dmg Taken: 84
Alyona Dmg Taken: 85[/include]

Throndir

Round 5c
Hertha managed to avoid in mid-air, but was singed slightly. Hertha looked really bruised and battered. There were burn marks on her, but Alyona was in a similar state as well.

QuoteRough Status
Alyona:

[include u=2]Hertha Dmg Taken: 98

Round 6
Hertha disappeared again, appearing behind Alyona. The move was quick, it was hard to register Hertha's movements. She attacked twice yet again.

[blockquote]Hertha Attack 1 1d20+18 : 11 + 18, total 29[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Hertha Attack 1 Dmg 2d6+11 : 4, 6 + 11, total 21[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Hertha Attack 2 1d20+13 : 6 + 13, total 19[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Hertha Attack 2 Dmg 2d6+11 : 4, 6 + 11, total 21[/blockquote]

QuoteRough Status
Alyona:

[include u=2]Hertha Dmg Taken: 93
Hertha Current KP: 14 (increases by 3 per turn)

Throndir

Hertha's attack struck true, and Alyona fainted.

Hertha however, wasn't looking too good. There were burn marks through her body, and Alyona didn't hold back when she was using her claws to attack earlier.

Throndir

"What... sayeth you... hero Rosalie?" Hertha asked, as she sheathed the wooden blade.

Valeriya ran over to Alyona, checking on her.

"She's out cold..."

"She'll be fine... I didn't enchant mine weapon with fire or anything that might actually harm her... She mayeth be a bit bruised. Her pride too."

Oath

"Well, we had an agreement and Alyona didn't uphold her end of the bargain so I guess she's not ready to travel with us, no matter how much she wants to." Rosalie felt bad for the girl who gave it her best effort, but like she had said before, trying to protect her would be something that would be too difficult. It was unfortunate that she didn't win but hopefully Alonya would stick to her end of the agreement.

Throndir

"It can't be helped. I'll drop her by a the Elder's, she'll talk to her." Valeriya said as she gently moved the hair out of Alyona's unconscious face.

"Then before thy stay finishes... What will thou do with that?" She said pointing to the burning blade still in the metal bucket.

Oath

"I don't know what to do with the sword. Do we have a sheath that will work for it? Maybe I could take it with me and make it my first real weapon. Probably good to see how long the flame lasts too." Rosalie ran her fingers through her hair as she looked at the bucket with the sword in it. "I really don't understand this power.."

Throndir

"Dost thou know of any spell that can prevent fire?" Hertha asked. She pulled her own sword out, then unstrapped the scabbard attacked to her.

She then threw it at you.

"If thou can make a sword that burns so brightly. Perhaps thy can too make a scabbard that prevents its heat." Hertha said, explaining her idea. "Dost thou remember the spell I hath used? Ice Cloak?"

Quote from: Throndir on September 10, 2018, 07:44:08 PM"Very well... Windr! Vatn! Protect thy servant from fires of wrath. Ice Cloak!" With that a faint white aura started to surround Hertha. Next she chanted the same spell on you, and the same aura started to envelop you. Finally, she chanted her final spell.

Oath

Rosalie caught the sheath and tried to do as she was instructed. She focused on the sheath, sending as much of her mana as possible through her hands and into the object, Windr! Vatn! Protect thy servant from fires of wrath. Enchant: Ice Cloak!"

Throndir

QuoteSpell added to your sheet as a Tier 1. You only have 1 more free spell slot, which is a Tier 0. After that, you'll have to learn spells manually.

Upon casting of the spell, the scabbard took on light-blue hue, and became cold to the touch.

Hertha nodded approvingly.

QuoteAdd the new item to your inventory, mark down it has Cold Resistance x3

Oath

Rosalie walked over to the flaming sword, removing it from the bucket and putting it in the sheath. "let's see if this works." After sheathing the sword, she draws it to see if the blade is still wrapped in flames.

Throndir

When you touched the blade, it didn't seem warm or hot at all to you. And finally, when you slid it into the scabbard, the cooling effect worked, and the fires were extinguished - at least while it was in the scabbard.

Oath

Rosalie pulled the sword back out and gave it a couple swings. "Looks like I have a new weapon for the moment. Anyone able to teach me how to use it a bit better?" It looked like her power would prove to be quite useful after all. It would take time to figure out everything she could do with it.