[Rosalie] Chapter 2: The Velothian Dragons

Started by Throndir, August 06, 2018, 02:28:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oath

"I see. Valeriya, would you be able to teach me a wind spell? Ki sounds like its a bit beyond my level right now."

While all of this was new, being able to use magic was something quite exciting for Rosalie. She wondered what her limits were. 

Throndir

"A wind spell? Yes... When I cast this one, I think of ferocious winds circling around me as fast as they can. The spell is called Wind Shield."

"Oh Wind! Blow fiercely, thou art a gale that protects me. Wind Shield!"

With that, surrounding Valeriya was the high winds.

Oath

"Alright, I'll try it! Oh wind! Blow fiercely, thou art a gale that protects me. Wind Shield!" This type of spell seemed like the perfect thing to augment a warrior, so Rosalie was not surprised that Valeriya could do something like this.

"You sure know a lot of useful spells. I'll have to learn some more from you in the future, Valeriya. I'll make good on my end of the deal now." Rosalie played a quick tune for Valeriya on her bass guitar. After she finished, she proceeded to fiddle around with magic.

[info] Spellcraft for Wind shield.
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+12 : 14 + 12, total 26[/blockquote]

Spellcraft to figure out a projectile spell related to water.
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+12 : 9 + 12, total 21[/blockquote]
[/info]

Throndir

[okay]You have learned a new spell 《Wind Shield》[/okay][okay]You have learned a new spell 《Water Bullet》[/okay]
"I've never heard an instrument like that before." Valeriya said as she grinned and enjoyed the music.

"The style of it is very... different too."
QuoteFormalized spell rules, feel free to take a look: Spell System: Elemental Magicka

Let me know if you want to continue to the next scene, or if there are other things you want to do.

Oath

"In my world, this instrument plays more of a supporting role, but without it a lot of music sounds soulless. It generally isn't played on its own, but I'm the only one here so I'm working with what I've got.

So, Valeriya, how long does it take to get to the site of the ceremony?"

Throndir

"Would you like to find out?" Valeriya eye's shined with mischief.

Oath

Rosalie was curious. "Well, I don't think your tribe has given me any choice in the matter..."

Throndir

Valeriya grinned as she stepped closer to you, then reached over to take your hands with hers.

"You always have a choice, Rosalie." Valeriya said, her eyes alight. "Do you really want to go through with this? We'll be... partners for life. It's not... very different than what you humans called marriage..." Valeriya blushed slightly, but not as much as she did just earlier.

You noticed she began leading you to the edge of the cliff.

"Down there is the ceremony... We haven't known each other for long... And I admit the whole thing is still embarrassing for me. But from what I'm seen so far at least, you're not that bad." She winked.

"Can I ask you something... have you ever had a 'boyfriend'?"

Oath

"I honestly don't know. But I'm here, and from the sounds of it I'll be here to stay. You summoned me here, so the least I can do is help. I have powers here that I could never have imagined in my own world."

Rosalie stepped over to the cliff and looked down. "That's a long way down. It looks like it will take a while to get there. If this ceremony is something that needs to be done to help your people, I'll do what I can."

Surprised by the sudden question, Rosalie answered honestly. "There's been a couple, nothing too serious though. In my world, a lot of people don't settle down until they're a bit older now."

She took another look down the mountain. "Should we get going Valeriya?

Throndir

"You can imagine it's different for us dragons. We don't have the concept of a 'boyfriend'. It was something I learned on my travels to the human cities, disguised as one of them. It's how they court, and find out if someone is for them. For me... and everyone else here, we don't have that luxury. I was told that, even during the time of the Elder's early days, knights would come up here to be the ones to form a contract."

"Are you ready, Rosalie? To head down to the camp?" Valeriya asked slyly.

But before you could respond, she violently pushed you off the cliff.

QuoteRoll Agility

Oath

Rosalie was looking at Valeriya one moment, and the next the ground was gone. She was... falling?

[info] Agility roll

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+9 : 9 + 9, total 18[/blockquote]
[/info]

Throndir

A moment after you started falling, Valeriya dived down with you as well. In a flash she started transforming, the process didn't even take a single second. Her skin started to turn red, and within moments she had enlarged and grew wings as well. You were falling fast, but Valeriya kept your pace.

You then managed to grab hold of her neck, and settled yourself in a spot behind it. All at once the rush of wind was gone, even though you were certain you were still travelling fast, for whatever reason there was no air resistance at all. It was almost as if there was an invisible windshield in front of you.

Nice catch. You heard Valeriya's voice in your mind.

We're... kinda breaking the unspoken rules again with this... Kind of like when we shared mana before? She turned away to look at the direction she was flying.

Normally... only contracted couples can do this... You riding on my back is a special thing, Rosalie. It's supposed to be shared with just that one person...

Oath

Rosalie landed safely on Valeriya's back. "I guess I should have expected it, but seeing you turn into an actual dragon is something else Valeriya. Will they be mad if they see us like this? I guess I could always say I fell and you saved me..."

Throndir

Who knows! Most of them are old farts anyways. Valeriya responded.

I say that, but I'm actually the oldest one in tonight's ceremony... I've been putting this off for years..

Oath

"Oldest? How old are you exactly, if you don't mind me asking." That statement was a surprise, by all accounts, Rosalie had assumed that Valeriya was around her age. Then again, she wasn't human so anything was possible.