Pokémon Training & Daily Attempts (Last refresh: 2/24/16)

Started by Throndir, December 23, 2014, 05:02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

[info]Aran trains Kyuubi, Gaia, and Terra .5 hours each.
Boulder trains Boulder for 1 hour
Daniel trains Bolt and Rue for .5 hours each. +20% due to baby-food.
Miera trains Vesper for 1 hour and Zhar for .5 hours
Vinny trains Kimmel for 1.5 hours
Sigon trains Parfait for 1.5 hours.
Lynne trains Ruby for 1 hour.

Lynne finds a random $300. Sheet updated.[/info]
[okay]REFRESHED! Lets start a new bout of activity with a freebie. Everyone roll a d20. And just for this round only, anyone who roleplays gets 3 Trainer Experience points.

Torchic Egg age: 3[/okay]

Linwelin

GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Linwelin

Today's training was focused specifically on Rue. She was now the youngest of the three Pokemon on his team, and hasn't grown an exceptional amount since they started traveling together. He was worried the lack of growth and general aversion to combat may relapse into a lack of confidence again. The problem was that it was much harder to "strength train" a special attacker like Rue that only uses absorb. Absorb is only really effective on living things, and Rue wasn't interested in injuring things without reason. Ah Daniel thought in recognition. Absorb is useful in one more instance.

Daniel brought out Rue in the middle of a field outside of town. "Hey Rue. I was hoping we could get some training in while we had the down time. Oh, don't worry, it's not more sparring, just practice." The Petilil's apprehension turned to relief as Dan said this. Daniel smiled, "First, go ahead and have some of this, I've infused some water to be nutrient rich. It's like the training food, but for plants, so it should be a little easier for you to eat. Go ahead and soak that up, and you'll feel refreshed." While Rue drank the water and soaked up some sun, Daniel went to find some rocks of varying sizes. When he returned with an arm full, Rue was confused.

"One thing I've noticed is that you're still afraid of confrontation, as it's not something in your nature. So I want to help you get used to it a little at a time. We both know that you pack a punch, and since I may need your help in an emergency some day, I want to help you get rid of that hesitation. So, you're gonna hit rocks." Rue was still very confused, how would hitting rocks help with all of that? "I know, I know. Just trust me on this. Come over here." Daniel leads Rue to a medium sized boulder nearby. "First you're going to use absorb on this rock. I want you to become practiced at finding the weak spots in it and focusing there. If you can get to the point where you notice weakness at a glance, combat will be much easier for you. Use growth whenever you want for this, I won't command. Just learn about yourself."

Daniel stood by while the Petilil used absorb on the rock. At first, it wasn't really affected, but soon, Daniel noticed the rocks' outer shell to begin crumbling. After about 30 minutes of effort, with Daniel's supportive cheering, The rock crumbled into gravel, to both of their surprise. "I guess that's why they say Rock-types are weak to Grass-type attacks. Nice work, Rue!" He piked her up and hugged her warmly in congratulations before bringing her back to his pile of rocks. "Now I'm going to toss these rocks in the air, and you're going to absorb them before they hit the ground. If it works, they should crumble like that boulder did, and pretty quickly."

Daniel then began basically playing 'Clay Pigeon' with Rue. At first, none of them were really getting hit, but then, suddenly, a rock completely crumbled, followed by both of their cheers. This continued, with more and more accuracy, until they had been working out an hour. "Awesome job, Rue! Let's go take a break and sunbathe to celebrate!"

[info]Daniel feeds Rue baby food for exp boost (-$50)

Rue is trained for 1 hour.[/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Oath

Lynne Lockley

[spoiler=Click for Training Montage Music]
http://youtube.com/v/ioE_O7Lm0I4&autoplay=1
[/spoiler]

It had been a couple weeks since Lynne had started at the academy, and she had realized that Pokemon battles were more popular among the students than she had expected. She hadn't been too big on battling before, but it seemed like it would become a regular part of her life, so she would have to make sure Ruby was ready to fight! She set up a few dummies, in the shape of various common Pokemon. "Alright Ruby! Bite those dummies!

Ruby charged across the field, attacking each dummy in succession, tearing chunks out of each, before returning across the field to Lynne. She ruffled her fur and pet her a bit. "Great job Ruby! You're a bit more ready to fight now!" The two continued their training for a while, people wandering by looking curiously as the Growlithe continued to tear chunks out of each dummy, until they were all but gone.

Deckard wandered around the field, grazing and being coddled by people passing by unable to resist his fluffy coat. He didn't do any training, but he did enjoy the time spent out of the Pokeball. Lynne made sure to get any tangles out of his coat, while Ruby continued the training regimen. She smiled at the people passing by, and greeted those she knew. After an hour or so had passed, she cleaned up the wreckage and returned her Pokemon to their balls before going in to study. "Good job today you guys! We'll play again soon."

[spoiler=Info & Rolls]
[info]Lynne trained Ruby for 1 hour. Deckard was adorable and got the attention of random strangers. +1 for Deckard being cute.(no EXP for Deckard.)[/info]

The freebie roll thing?
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 18, total 18[/blockquote]
[/spoiler]

Throndir

QuoteAll my characters train their starter pokemon for full duration. RP posts later.

[blockquote]Nena 1d20 : 6, total 6[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Fayleen 1d20 : 14, total 14[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Kedric 1d20 : 6, total 6[/blockquote]

Throndir

QuoteDaniel receives nothing. Daniel trains Rue for 1 hour.
Lynne receives Protein. Lynne trains Ruby for 1 hour.
Nena receives X Special. Nena trains Kippy for 1.5 hours.
Fayleen receives Potion. Fayleen trains Star for 1.5 hours.
Kedric receives X Accuracy. Kedric trains Digger for 1.5 hours.

Throndir

[spoiler]Kedric's Diggers' Pick Up
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 9, total 9[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Throndir

Ella

Letina Rae Deslégeech

Once again leaving Quilz and Blaise at the daycare center with her grandparents, Letina took Coalee out to train. The last time she had had taken Coalee out alone, she had tested the Houndour's capabilities and had learned that Coalee was great at tracking. She could be better, but she was great for her current level and that was the important thing. From Letina's evaluation, the only thing her dog-type Pokémon seemed to be missing was more experience so that she could become stronger and learn more attacks.

To help encourage training all the areas that Coalee was already good at, Letina set up an obstacle course of sorts. First, she hid some old plushies she had found of Pokémon that Houndour might hunt in the wild for food in various locations of their training area. That would help Coalee train her perception, by tracking down her prey. Once they were found, she was expected to defeat them in "battle". But first, not after a chase! Letina had rigged a few of them up so that she could pull a string and it would drag them to another location. Coalee had to catch them or "knock them out" before they made it to the new location. This meant that Coalee could use Ember to light them on fire and Letina would count that as a knock-out.

"You have one hour." Letina told the Houndour after explaining what she had to do. She would not help, just watch.

As soon as Letina waved for her to start, Coalee darted off. She only moved a few yards away, to remove herself from the immediate scent of her mother so that she could differentiate it from the older trails of Letina's scent. This being the area they had trained previously made it hard. It also seemed Letina went there and moved about the area often, with how many trails there were. Finally picking a scent, Coalee followed it.

It seemed to take the Houndour a few minutes to finally find a scent trail that would lead her somewhere. Letina watched as she finally stopped wandering about and sniffing the air then suddenly darted off towards one of the areas Letina had hidden a plush. When Coalee neared and started digging at the sand, her trainer pulled a string she had tied to one of the branches of the tree she had chosen to sit under. A super fluffy Zigzagoon plush suddenly appeared out of the sands, zipping past its hunter and towards Letina.

"Oh, no! Its going to attack me!" The blonde shouted, hoping to make it a little more dramatic for her Pokémon.

Coalee had startled at first, not expecting the plush to dart past her. After regaining her composure, she rushed after the plush. Having waited a moment before following had lost her valuable time, and now the only way to make up for it was to spit an ember at it. The Houndour did just that. Only... It seemed she had messed up her calculations in how far she needed to throw it and the attack fell short. It had been her only chance, for the Zigzagoon plush was already too near Letina for another ember attack.

"Oh, no! Its got me!" Letina cried, having finished pulling plush to herself. "Luckily, I know what to do!" And with that, she grabbed the plush and tucked it in a plastic bag. With all the sand now stuck in its fur from its adventure, there was no way she was going to put it in her usual bag. "Come on, Coalee, try again! This time you'll be a little more prepared, right?"

The next try had also ended in a failure. Coalee had expected the next plush to also follow a path to Letina, but instead, the girl had rigged it so that it would go in another direction and thus cost Coalee valuable time once again. The attempt after that had been one of her dud ones that she had decided on to rig up. Coalee completely obliterated the thing, letting out some of her frustration of having failed the previous times. From that point on, the Houndour seemed to be able to handle her mission.

[spoiler=Perception Check for Coalee's Tracking][blockquote]Rolled 2d6+1 : 5, 4 + 1, total 10[/blockquote][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Quilz and Blaise]Letina leaves Quilz and Blaise at the daycare center while she trains Coalee. Perhaps they'll breed?
EDU Pokemon: [blockquote]Rolled 3d6+5 : 5, 6, 5 + 5, total 21[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 7, total 7[/blockquote][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Additional Check for Freebie][blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 17, total 17[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Ella

Ella

Indigo River

Today, Indigo not only needed to take Esti out for gathering, but also for actual physical training. As much as the man hated violence, he also hated being left defenseless. He hated it even more that if he ever got separated from his Pokémon, they might be completely defenseless if attacked due to his lack for properly preparing them. He had racked it brain on how to start off this sort of training with his Pokémon. In previous sessions, he had just had Esti hone her perception so that she would be able to find flowers and other things better. And for Chandni, he had trained endurance.

"Man, this blows..." He continued to think it over while he and his Pokémon went about the forest. Suddenly, it hit him. He could train Esti physically by having her attack leaves! Yeah! He would have her use Gust to bring up a wind that would blow leaves around and then have her use Struggle to actually attack the leaves. This was outtasight!

"Esti, baby, I've got an idea that will blow your mind." Quickly, he explained his idea to the Combee. Although unsure of the training, Esti did as she was asked.

[spoiler=Today's Activities]Indigo harvests 1 honey from Esti using his collection jar.

Esti's Pick-Up Ability: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 12, total 12[/blockquote]

Additional Check for Freebie: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 11, total 11[/blockquote]

Ella

Miera Fieren

"Listen up, you." Miera pointed at the Abra she had recently caught. She had not yet decided on a nickname for it, and since it had already been several days, it probably never would get one. "Right now, all you can do is teleport around and do that wiggly clawing attack that people like to call struggle. While your teleport is a huge bonus to your capabilities, you cannot survive on it alone forever." In fact, how their kind even gained enough experience to evolve at all was beyond the girl. They always ran away from everything. "Because of this, I am going to teach you a very valuable skill to help boost your survivability should teleport fail you." That said, the girl pulled out a TM.

"This is TM 73, Thunder Wave. I want you to study it, learn it, and then show me what you have learned by using it on that Torchic over there." She pointed at Ptica, the Torchic she had decided not to train and had been actively seeking to trade or sell. She had called him out earlier to let him stretch his legs. It was not fair to let a Pokémon sit in its ball all day every day except when trying to get rid of it. If using it as a test subject made it dislike her, it did not matter to her. For now, she would use its ignorance of the what she had planned to her advantage. "Don't worry about hurting him. Thunder Wave does not injure its target, it merely paralyzes them for a time."

While she waited for the Abra to complete its task, Miera prepared its true training session. She would teach it how to make use of all of its skills in battle.

Abra seemed hesitant to do the final task, Miera noticed. Perhaps it did not like the idea of attacking a fellow Pokémon. This would make training it to be useful in Pokémon battles that much harder. When he finally completed the task, Miera called Ptica back into its ball, thanking him for his help. She could do at least that.

Turning to Abra, the Magma spy explained its next task. Although they could not be sure that the attack had worked with a plush opponent, they could still use it to help get Abra into the habit of her strategy for it. At least, it would be the strategy until she got more moves to teach it. The Abra would use Thunder Wave on the plush to "paralyze it". As soon as it attacked, it would teleport elsewhere, a random direction so the enemy could not prepare. Using the confusion of its whereabouts and the paralyses, assuming the target had been paralyzed, it would attack with is struggle to do damage. With it have such low hit points, it was very important that it use its speed and abilities to prevent from being hit.

Immediately upon explaining the goal, Miera sent the Abra to do its task. Once it got the pattern down, she would have to go out and test it in a real battle.

[spoiler=Miera's Luck][blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 7, total 7[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Ella

[info]Letina finds a Thunder Stone while training Coalee. Inventory updated.[/info]

[info]Updated Indigo's inventory with +1 Honey.

Esti finds a Love Ball with its pick-up ability.

Indigo finds a Moon Ball while out training Esti.[/info]

[info]Updated Abra's sheet with Thunder Wave and removed the TM from Miera's inventory.

Miera finds $200 Monies while out training Abra.[/info]

Throndir

[info]Ending this day tomorrow evening. Reminder to post if you haven't.[/info]

Throndir

Kedric Larns / Nena Ains

The young nursing student sighed as she picked up the stick gloomily again. She had already been trying for the last hour to get Kippy to fetch the stick for her, but for whatever reason, the Vulpix either didn't understand or didn't want to. Every time Nena would throw the stick, Vulpix would only trail her eyes towards it and eventually glance back at Nena once the stick was no longer in view.

"Why don't you want to pick it up Kippy?" Nena asked, more to herself than to anyone in particular.

"Perhaps she doesn't want to." A voice interjected suddenly from behind her.

Nena jumped. She didn't take surprises very well, nor did she expect a voice to respond to her from so close behind her. The girl quickly turned around, and was about to hit whoever it was until she noticed that it was Kedric.

Instead she sighed.

"I would have hit you, you know. But that's something sis probably would have done." Nena said dryly. Kedric didn't respond, but continued his usual grin. "Why are you here though?"

"The most glorious thing man is destined to do!" He proclaimed boldly as he began to pull out a shovel from seemingly out of nowhere.

As he begun digging, Digger, his Sandshrew, began to dig along with him in an almost practiced motion. There was a silence as the duo began to dig that lasted a few minutes. Eventually Kedric broke it.

"Start with something that is natural to Kippy." Kedric said, his voice strangely serene.

"Like digging?" Nena joked.

"Yes! Glorious!" He pulled out another shovel, and handed it to Nena. To her credit, she accepted it.

"It was a joke... I don't think Kippy would actually-" She paused as she watched her Vulpix begin digging alongside Digger and Kedric.

"Hahahaha! Glorious!" Kedric continued laughing, while Nena stared in disbelief.