[Jean] Chapter 4: Jean's First Death

Started by Throndir, September 05, 2018, 05:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

The giant creature then roared when no one answered him. The resounding shockwave even had the tentacle girl cover her ears. You were dipping in and out of consciousness every few seconds. There was a sharp pain in your arm, but most of it came from your head. It was akin to the most painful headache you've ever had. It literally felt as if your head was about to explode.

A purple liquid oozed from the tentacle girl's ears when the larger creature roared, and she seemed to have grimaced in pain as well. You felt the tentacles in your ears start pumping as well, which seemed to counteract the painful features on the tentacle girl's face. It also felt as if your own pain seemed lessened. However, the roaring continued and you found yourself completely unconscious yet again.

When you woke up, like all the times before, the tentacle girl was above you. The larger creature had stopped its roaring, and it spoke again.

QuoteMental Resist requested.

M͈̣̠̥͜O̷̱̺͕̮̣̭ͅR̻̠̦͙̮͓̞͢T͎̞̺̩A̼̗̻͖̮L̠͞. ͇͍͡Y͈͜OṶ̵̣͕.̷͇͈͈̫̣̠ ̳͖W̶͇̰̺̦̘̣I̤͉̦̫L̸L̲̦̙͘ͅ.̶͔͙ ͙̪̮͍̮͢Ḅ̬̱̹͎͝E̩͈.̞̥̻ ̢̣͖͍G҉̬̞͕̼͕I̭̣͍̱̬͓̥͜V̙͓̙E̷̹N͟.̢̟̙͓̼ ̱̞̲̫̲A̩̻̪͕͚.҉̝ C͕̤̭H͏̻͈̞̠̠̝O̸I͈͍ͅC̮͇͇̕E̴̮͖̘̳͚̹.҉̜̜͎̮̯
̱̩͢
̵̲̣̫̹͉͍̠I̹̖͔̮͝F̛̹̙̮̩̣.͙ ̝̟͕̗Y̗̬̝̪͠O͏͕͚̜̦̠U̝̹̤̮͍̭͉.̙ ̮̭́F̼͈̰ƠU͝Ṉ̭͕͟D̢̫̪̙̻̼͍.͇̮ ̵͔͓̗Ț̶͉H͓̻͙̟̺̟ͅẸ̛͇.̘̥̭̳̪͢ ̤͇͙̠͓͚B̩̬̺̖̲O͙̭̣͓O͍̦̦̝̟͉K͞.͏ ̶̖̰͔ͅI̗̘̱̯̭T͠.̛̟̻̹̗̭ ̞͝M̮̪̲̘̫̫EÁ̩͎͖ͅN̷̳̜̰̬̰͔S̭̬̱̼̫̠.̸̲̺͓͉̙̜ͅ ̶͍̦͉͈͎T̙̗͎̭̝͢H̺̮͙̺̬Ą͇̣̪̯T͍̠̳͙̝̰.̡̹̙̠̞̠ ̢̥͚̦̹Y̝͝O̬͞U̖͎.͍̟͙̜̭̹͚ ̷AR̗̹̹͈̦̹E̢̺͚͚̳.̷̙̳̭͓ ̘͘A̙͇̗̰͖B̷̜̼̭̪L̥̥͢E͉͙͘.̺͈̦͚̣̣͓ ̷̰̥̰̼T̩͖̱͝O̖͖̰͈̺̰̩.̙̝͜ ̯͔̞̱̘̬S͖͔E̻̟͙̼͚̗R̡͎͙̼̮͕̱V̖͈͜E̫͓̣͢.

͓E͏I̵̟Ț̪͞HE̢̦̜͚̝R̸̜̹̻.̼̯̩̜ ̧͍̦̳̮̤̙Y͎O͉̟̖͙͈͇U̪̞͍͚̠͘.̴̖̙ W͇̰̖̲̝̥I͏̼͚͉͎L͔̺L̶̗͖̼̩̼̲.̻̰̩̼̠ ͈̭̻̱͖̬D̙͈̖̣̗̲̜͜I̵͙̭͓̫͙͉É.̹́ ͇̳̀A̧̗N͓͙ͅD͇̬̙̰͇̝. ͓̹̳͙͚S͕U̦̲̱̦̺̯͜F̤̪͈̠F̦̠E͔͉͍̟̩ͅR̦͢.̝̗̬̩ ̝͚̠A̛̹̳̬̣N.͍͙͟ͅ E͍̣̠̻͔̞͎T͎̳͙E̱͉̱͇͓̦̼R͚̝̩͓̝̤̹ŅA̶̲L̷. ͚̥̰̞̜̣D̘͘E̜̤͓̻͝ͅA҉͍T̷̬H̨.̦̗̤͇ͅ ͖͞H̛͓̼̟̞͎̠E̶̞R͔̙̜̹͙͞ͅḚ͍̱̪̱.̻̠͉̖̬̝͕ ̛̞͉̠͔I̵̙͈N̻.̬ ̟̺͈͉͓̩R͉̗̱̕'̺͔̪̖̭Ḷ̹̘̮̭̦͇Y̛̳̝̲̙E̬̫̬͕͍͙͝ͅḪ̮́ͅ.̸͙͚̝̜̦̗ ̡͍O̞̥R̢̬.̣̜̦̭̕ Y̯͠O̞̯͇̳̼͖͚U̴͔̞̪͖ͅ.́ ̟̩͈͓͖͚̖W̰̲͔͈̙̺͡I̞̲̤͙̩͜L̤L̶.̠̲̭ ͉͎̗̼͡A̗̝̹I̸̞͖Ḍ.̨ ̭̟̠̼̼̻̬M͢E̗͜.̶ ̵̞̞T̩̩̼͙̙̫O͖͍̦͔.̦̰̜̖͎̺ͅ ̜͉̥͚̫̠͠R̺͙ͅE̴̪͖̙̩A̴̼̱̱C̯̟̬̻̬H.̳͉̤ ̡̲̣̰͍͎̱D̳̪̘I͙͎V͔̲̰̥̬ͅI̠̣Ṉ͢I̱̖͙͠T̀Y̦̠̮͈̗̻.̭
̢͉
̷͚̼̻Ț̟̯̝̻̕ͅH̱̗̪E͏. ̬̙͔ͅHU͍M̧̟͈̹̪̗A̦͉̬͙̦̤̪N̙̲.̸̣̝̜ ̘̩͍͜G̞̳̼̖̫͠O̧̙̲͖̗͈̯̟D̜͟S͕͡.̹͔͜ ̟Ḍ͘A̧R̢̠̝̜̫E̞̰͠.̩̮̝̣ ̫̼͔̯̖̭̦͜P͙̗͔R͍̰O̤̱̤̗ͅV̢̰̻͇̘̫̟̹O͞K̀E̵̮̦͖̤. ͈̮͕̩̭̠M͏̬E̶̙ͅ.͕̥ ̡̝̪I̸̟̖̱̱͉͔.͕͍̞̲ ̲̙͉W̻̫̺͍̯I̦̪͕̙̻L̺L̫͞.̢ A̧SC̠E̺̻̳̖̩͎̬N̶̙̭̫̘̮ͅD̥̮̝̳̫͔̭.̨͔ ̟̤͎̘̕A̕N͉̪D͔̮̘͘ͅ.͝ ̲̯͍̼̥͖̞S̷̬E̼͍E̳̟͢.̡͚̯̦ͅ ҉̱̤̯͇̮̣̩F̖Ó͍̖̠̗̲R̥͎.͙̬̹̪̜ ̫̲͠M̫Y̤̗̲͠S̲͙̺̙̦̪E҉̹̙L̩̺͓͚F̶̫͈̬.̨̦̟̱̭ ͇͔͞T̨̩̱̖͔͖H̙͖Ẹ͙̯̫̗͚I̠̟͇͜R̰.̼͙̟̲̻ ͍͎͕̙̘̣D͓̠̬͈͕̗͟O̬̗̥̦̥ͅM̻̼͕A̞͙I̧̪N͓̟̝̯̠Ș̢̪̭̞̯͍̳.̩

̷̲̤̪̱̟̥S̼̜̳̣͞P̩͔͔̗̺̲̘̕EA̞͉̘̤̟͡K͏̳̱͉̖̻̝̲ ̭̹͙̤̥̫͍M̖̟̙OR͚ͅT̙͕̙̜̺͇A̩̫͎L̰̰̮͕.̣̠̝̜

Every time the creature spoke, you had started to fall unconscious, but the pumping from the tentacle girl's tentacles seemed to just barely keep you awake.

pringerbeam

Jean was barely able to string his thoughts together.  He was so weak, so tired, he did not know how he could be heard by the colossal being in the distance.  Weakly, he croaked out a whisper.  "I don't...  I don't know what you want.  I can't make you a god.  I don't know what to do."  He kept looking up, too weak to even turn his head towards the titanic being.

[info]Mental Resist[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+2 : 1 + 2, total 3[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

More pain continued to assault you. You were fading back into unconsciousness. The tentacle girl too, though her face looked flushed, had a slight gentle look in her eyes. It was brief however, as she licked her lips again, and her tentacles began squeezing you tighter, along with pumping whatever it was she was pumping into your ears. At the very least, whatever it was, helped you focus, and shortly after, the continuous feeling of wanting to black out was pushed back yet again.

The large creature laughed. It sounded almost mockingly.

QuoteMental Resist requested

T̯̖͉̳̺͍͚H̵͔̩͓̪̘ͅE.̗̰͡ ̪̗̫H͖̺̙͈̪̗͘U̟͈͍͢Ṃ̨̯̱̹̩̯A͕̪̮̝N̜̩͍̗̘̮͝.̵͚͙̫ ̴͓̩̘̲̫̣̯G͏̖̫̗̪̮̺̤O̖͈̥̥̬̠D̞̺͇̯̞ͅS̭͍͟.̷̹͓̗͎̬̰̻ ͓̤̟̲͍̥͔AR̸̟̭̠E̻̘.̕ ̘̻̱̯̱̥P͕̻̣̮̰LAY̫͇͔͝I̜̥̝̟N͕̙͔͜G͙̠͔̟̮.̡̞̦̭͕͉͕̳ ̤̭̟̠͘A̼͇͕̣̤̬̣.̴̳̟̰̮̟̣͉ ̫̩̱͝G̪͎̙͈A̩̘̺̼̟M̬͔̝͠E҉̠.̡͔̩̖̝ ̞͎̲̱I̼͇̙̪̹N.̞̝͖̝ ̩̪̩͕̫̣͖T̛̹̬̥̖̠H̴̪̘͓E̼̰̣͇̲̭̫I͏̳̺̟̱R̡̜̳̱̫̫.҉̰ ͕͕̼̺R̼E̩̻A̴͖͙̮ͅḺ͕̬̥̪͎̟͝M̷͇̳̠̻͉Ş̹.̤͍̮͕̺̺͕ ̢͉T̲̺͓̟͚̠E̬͔̫͖ͅA͕͙Ṣ̥̲͞I͍͚N̖̞͖G.̡ ̪͎ME̲̪͜.͚̯̱̗͝ ̯̤͚́W̵IT҉͚̪͔͙͙ͅͅH̡͍̻.̧̟͉̙ ͏̺͕S̞̠͎̰̠̤͖U̦̻̹̼̳̙͙͘C͔͖H̷̰.̦ ̰P̻̰̹O̶͓̝̪W̡̳͓̝E̛̝̦R̹̭̻͇͉̤͚.̷͖̠̦ ̹͚̣̱̫̗ͅT̞H̼͡A͏͔̖͉͔̗̤͈T͉̮̘̪̮.͈̗͢ ̼̩̥I̠̭̤̖̟̘̳.̭̪ ͏D̤̺͇͇̝̜̬O̗̺͝.͔̗͝ ͏͙̗̱N̮̳̜̳̥̭̤͘O͙T.͉̣͇͠ ̴̳̜͕̳͉̰̠YÉ̟̝T̤̬̩̰.͎̳͕̺̮̯ͅ ̱̬HA̠̤̙̪̟̭̻͘V̡͔̹E̖͇̰̰͝.̷̯̭
̢̬
̗͍̣̥̜̰̮E̡̲̦̬͓̻̺̗V̟̖̺E̵̦N̡̳̞͉̭̰.͝ ̪͕̳̰̩͍̲T̼͕̬̻̗̭H̥͉͕͖̖̫̗E̛͚̗̠.̮̲̤̣̠̫ ̗̼̬ͅO̗̦̗U̘̥̙T̡̳̺̩E͉R̳.͚̦̗͡ ҉̺͔̦̘̺G͈͙̺̘̯ͅO̮̲̤͝D̯S̗̤̙̱͟. ̰O̮F.̴ ̰̺̞̪̝̤T̶̜͙̤̹̳͚H͙È̗͔͓̬͓͉.̡̯ ̵̦̻̭̦̖͖D̲Ḁ̝̼͕͕͈͢R̮͠K̝͓̙̪.̤͞ ҉̺͈̰̟ͅT̢̹͚̬AP͔̞̣̞͔̦E̠̝̩͕͕͝S͍̙T̫͕͙̫̮͞RY҉̭̤͓̱̘.̦̟̟͓̦̣ ̜H͢A̖̲̩V̥̝͟E̶̟̩͕̻͍͈̱.̭̘̣̞͔ ̵̼N͍͠ͅO̶̼͙̳T̩͉̻͈͚I̲͞C̙͢E̥D͟.͍̦̦̼ ̛̗͍̟B͍͓͍̜̭ṲT͢.͎ ͙̼̞̻͙I̼̩̟͉.̛͙̜̖̲̺͚ ̞̮A̵͍̬M̘̞͍̟̰̣͙̕.̤͇̰ ͏̠̜̭̠̖L̯E̶̮̫͔̞̞F̲͕̘̞̕T̝̝̲.̠̦͎̤͚̙͟ ͔Ḩ̯͍̝̳̳͔̼E̗̪̗Ṟ̡E̺͖̤̺̣͝.̵̜͙̜̲̣̳ ̴͇͇̳S̪̬̣̭L̷̪͎̩̱̪̦ͅU̠͖̟͔̩͟M̱̟͓ḆE̥͇̥RI̤N̷̹̣G̩͓̺.̪̠͓̟̭̖ ҉͔̟̙̦̦̮͍I̛̲͕̲N̳̬̩͈.͖̝̥͕͍̫ R̹̰'̝͕͚͎͜L̹Y͓͓̟̕ͅE̠H͕̮̪̮ͅ.̵ ͓͕̻͕̠̩F̷̳̩̺̞̼O̧͕̺̝̞̤R̯ͅĢ͈͈̭O̩Ț̺͉͘T̲̟͙̝̬̳E̜͙̳N̨̜̜̳.҉̞̭͚͚̬̼ ͖͔̣̼͔̮A̘̙̯͝S̱.̟͇͞ ̠̦̬͚E͉̦͓̫̖͕̠V̟E̳͉̙̜N̫̠̠̼̳̲̬Ṭ̣͇̖͙̮Ṣ.̢ ͔T̙̗̠͕͕̻̯̕RA̫̰̫̱͈̥̣N͈̝̹S̠͖̫͈̟͇̼P̲̠̦̖ͅI͈͖͔̙̕R̷̝̗̹͚Ę̘̫.̳̩͉̟̘͖̲̀
͕
͘I.҉͙̦͚̫͇̦͍ ̢̮̩̦̜̤ͅW̭͈̹IL̝͓͡L̥̟͕.̫͙̗͇ ̴̰̰̤̯̤̻S͉̙̠̗̬͚͔E̢N̖̗̻͞D̙.͜ ̠Y̵̦̬ͅO̫̗̠͚ͅU͙̻̞̯̠͙͇.̸ ̞̦̣͇͙̫T͙̘̘̘̩̭̹̀O̥̝̻͓̜.̪̭͙̞ ͖̝̠T̷̜̦̗̦̭HE̪̪̘̮I̗̖͕͉̘͍R̠̫̙̮̠.̸̭̹ ̫ͅG̡͔̱̱A̞̞̦͉̟̦M̻̦Eͅ.̦ ̨̻͓̯͚͕͓B̭O̰͔͇̮̙͇ͅA͕̦̠͉͚R̰̘̯̦D̹̥͚̦̬͘ͅ.̦̣̟ͅ AN͟D̀.̺̟ͅ ̢̗̖̠̦̤̪Y̳O̙͖U̱̭̫͎.̫̳ ͍͖̰͜W̪̥̬̹̻̗Ì̹͔ͅL̷̼L̷̬̩͍̳̬. ̠̖̱̮̘͢F̘̫̺̹̖͕̩I̺̞͇̠͕͙̞͝N̗͍̰̠͚͔D̵̯̭̰̤̝̭.̹̜͓͍͍ ͇̲̦͇̘̲͕O̜̪͠U̝̮̝͇̦͖͢ͅT̮͎̥̖͔͉̩.͕ ̤W͈͈̠͎̝̯̝H҉A̹͈͖̟͚T͈͍͔̤̦͖̟. ̭̰͔͇̯͉͖T̴̰͇̱͚̳H̨E̸̤͉͙̜̫̱.̷̟̝͉͙̩̝͍ ̘̪͈̜͞H̟̼͔͉̲͍̥͢U̺̩M҉̮̺͈̬A̡̻̯ͅN̷. ̳̼̻̰͚̹Ǵ͕̞̲O͖͇̳͚̼͙D̗S̫̞͔̪̞̫͔͟.̧̻ ̙̘̳A̴̭̲̥R̝͞E̷͚̳̘͙̩.̬̱͖̘̀ ̘̭͉̝͝D̬͞OI͚͇̬͍̙̖Ņ̻̗G̙.

pringerbeam

Jean felt the blood return to his pale skin, or at least... he hoped it was blood.  He tried to sit up but was blown back when the being's laughter passed through him like a tidal wave.  "Game?  What game?  How will a game make you a god?  I'm just a librarian.  I can't compete with gods.  I'm too weak.  I couldn't even beat Steve in a fight."  Jean was getting a bad feeling about all this.

[info]Mental Resist[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+2 : 20 + 2, total 22[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

You managed to prevent the horrors from taking hold of you.

T̮̮̞̕H͏̺E̶̹͇IR̮̩̦̟̦ͅ.̨̱̖̙̜̙̩ ͔D͉͈͓̳͕̜̮̀I͡V̷̫͇I̩̺̼̝̖͎̥N̦̫̝̣̦̹I̹̙͈̦̟͚͕͝T̯͔̙͎Y͓̜͇͓̭͠ͅ.̢̠̝͉̬̲̼ͅ ̀C̳̺Á̝̱̥̦͚̥̜N͉̱̪̱̻̗͘.͕̪̰̗͚̰͖ ̫̰͉̱͉̺̻͞B͓̙̜͈͇͢E̬.̵̖ ̱̪̗̹F̯̯̼̥̫̼̯̀EL͖͕̲͟ͅT̖͉̭̯͖̩.̟̘̫̖̫ ̧̭̬̗͙̲E̱͝V̫̯̖̦̘̖͓̕E̖̝͉̕N̨͙̙̤̣.̘͓ ͍͎̩͖̩̪̠͡H͈̟̮̰E͜R͖̫̖̗̞E͖̯.̜̹̮̯̭ ̲̖͓͚̖͢I͉͚̩͖N͍̻͠.͇̬̺̹̜̳̙ ̺TH̛̳̭̙I̖̳̭͈ͅŚ̘.̘̫͎̭̤͚ ̹D̡R̛̠̗̱͉̘ͅE͈͉̪̪A͓̦̞̱̼ͅM̘̣̭͞.͇̭̮̝͎ ̴͓̗̰͙͖̼

TH͙̩̥̮R̥̰̙͇͓̟O͍UG͏H͏̭.̫͇̠͇ͅ ̭̖T̵̲̬̪͎͍H̟͉͕̫ͅE͏͕̣̹͇̜̥.͇͍ͅ ̼͚C̵̱O͔̫̣S̛͕͇͖̖͙͈M̛͖̭OS͕.̩̗̺͇ͅ ̙̪̙͈̀I͏̠͍͓̣̪̳̭.͔̼̥̭̘̠͡ ͎̥̜C̵͍̺A̼͚͝N̷.̧̪̖͙̫ ̛͈̬̻͔F̮̫̕E͇̰̯̗̰̙E̩̞̦͓͡L.̨ ̝̺͎̩͢S̴̰̦̹̲̱͉̪O̰͓͇M̫̠̣̝̟E͍͢T͉͓H̴̝I̠͡N̲̬̫̲̪͝G̙̹.̟̝̪̕ ̘I̙̺S͍̯̬̺̤ͅ.̲̜͈̖̜ͅ ̤͖̦̩̗̣̫H̠͕͚̝͍͓͜A͏̗͚̳̬P͎͈̟̻̻͍̗͞P̡̩̫̯̝̯E̱͙̜̤̬N̷̲̗I͓͉̗̙͙̥͈͢N҉͖̤͙̮͈̦G̵͈̬̬̠.̰̰͔̜̠ ͝Ḅ̧͙̞̠̙U̫T͇̲͕ͅ.̮͘ ̦̦̻̖̫̖S̫̝̜̮͙O̴͇̣͉M̭̰͢E̜͈͉̺̼͚̜T̴H̠̝͍̦̞͞I̛N̻̭̺͎͙G͎͓͎. ͕̹͖͙̲́O̖͍̤͔ͅR͓̩͚̰̫͓͙.̞͉͚̰͔͓ ͕̮͍̼̳̹̮S̲̝̖̙̰̖̜͠O͍͖̟̦̤͕M̛̼̺̼̞͈ͅE͉̮̪͙͟O̳̦͙̪N̘Ḛ̜̘̼̟.̷̥̝͉ͅ ̲̟̬̝̩̹͝P̻͖̦͔̫RE̴̠͕̹̤̠͍V̮͔͉E̷͖̫N͍̭͎̩T̶S̢̬̩͉͙͕̫ͅ.͔͉̺̩͇ ̖̭̼͙̼M̀E̶̲.͏̬̱̺͓ͅ ͡F̹̙̤͇̺̕ͅR҉̘͎̦Ó̠̝͇͍M͖͝.̭̟̳̲̘ ͈̞͉̺̩̯S͍̟̯̜͡EE̻͉̭̭͓͓̠I̥͈̩͖N̷̞̝G͓̣̟͓̬̯͙.͏̮̞̘͓
̱̬̣
҉͎̰͖̤T̩͓͈̬̟̺H͝E͏̫R͈̝̱̹͉E̟̹.͉͓̜̣͇̲̫ ̷̭̟̳̗̟̻̬I̪͕͚̭̩S̹̻͍̻̫̮͍.̠̻̫̖͞ ̙͖̳͇̠͍̕A̲̮͖.̤͞ ̩̦̞̟͍̻͡G͉̝̫̝̟O͚̣͡D.͜ ̳̰̬̲̪̠L̘͔I͙͓S̳̤̳͓̟̭͞TE̴͉N̴͖̥I̦̪̰͉̱̜͘ͅN̮͚̹̦ͅĢ̰̦̤.̜̜ ̣ͅT̞̜̪ͅO̳͍͙̙͔͎̩.̧̜̣ T̷̲̤̰H͔͡I҉̣̘̠S̺͖̠̖̝̼.͈̻̞ ͖͖̳̮̯̼̝͘

F͕̠̯̖̦̥̱O̘̹͖̝͡R̻̰̲͡ͅ.̣͙ ̺̖T̪Ḫ̙̲̳̤͇̀E̻̦̥̤͓͈̩.̳͙̬̪̞̳ ͠F͍͖͡I̧̮̭R̡Ś͎̤͇̰T̡̫. ̸̮͎̬̜̼͚̠T̗͞I͓̫MͅE̢.̭̟ ̮́I̻̪͍N̢.̡̘ ͚͚͚̫̩̦M̶͕͚͔̼͈ͅI̳̹͔̳̱̻̰L̼̝LI̤̙Ǫ̜͎̙̱̹N͖͕̲S̻̳̝̰̠̮.̗́ ͔Ǫ̣̜ͅF̗͓͎͓̦̤̦.̥̟̪̳ ̡̪̣Y͏ḚA̢͍͍̯̰̜̪͉R̗̥͖̰͇͞S͇̦.͚̝̞̩̳ ̙͡T̳̤͕H̤̝̗̹̜E̗̟.̷̣̩̫̩̜̳̼ ̟͉̫͚̲H͕̭̰͇U҉͇M̘̗̳̜̥͞Á͓̳̗͖̣̗̼N̯̮̼͙̹.̬̤͉̩̲̭͜ ͕̞̰͙̩͓͇G͖͓̥͕͜ͅǪ͎̝̮̭̜͔͖DŚ̜̘ͅ.͇ ̛͍̺ͅA̪̥͢R͓̳̤͓͕͍E̘̠̮̞̮̙.̧̩̹̘̹͓̣ ̙̗̺̗P̱̫L̖̘A͎̙̝͜Y͏̘̜̥̳ͅI̧̩̤NͅG̯̝̭͖̯̫̤.͎͢ ̢̗̞̭͚ͅAN͙͓.̺̯̦̤̼̟͖ ̡͓ÀC̣̲̙͖̘͠T̟͔͚̫̯̲͚IV͕̤E̢̻̟̜.̻̱̗̞͓ ̞̟͍̯̫̲̪̀R̶͚͉̲͈O̲̗̹L̠Ḛ̷.̳ ̶͔̙̩̺I̲̳ͅN̹̟̘̳̰̜.̺͎̠͈̰͘ ̝͞T̷̻̬̩̖̤Ḥ̘͇̲̀E͕̳͇̠̜̠.͖ͅ ̸̮͔̻̤E͓̬͍̻V̜́EͅṈ͔̗TS̡͙̺̯. ̷̱͙O͕̲͉F̲̻.̛ ̷T̛͈H͚̹̦̱̼͡E͏̺͚͙.͏̯ ̣͔̤͉̱͙ͅC͉̦̜̘̙̤O̩S͙̳̠M͙̦͙̳̱͖̫O҉͇̫̠͉̻S̬̤̳̥̣.̧̦̟̖̠̫̱
̛͍̬
͍̺̝͍I̢̼̩͚T̥͖̱͘.̭̟̘̩̖̲̗̕ ̖̫̳̗I̴̺S͚̟̀.̫ ̸T̘̙͔̲̜̜H̛͇̺̤̝ES͖̭E͈͔͍.̪͔͇̠̜̗ ̺̗͉̗̺͓T̥͍͍IM̯̫̮̼̘̭͉E҉̦S̺̯̦̪̕.̮͎͎͚̠̟ W̲̹͝H҉E͇̩N͔̜͎̬.͉̞̯̼̲͞ G̗O̶D̖͓͖̝͍S҉̼͇͈̠̲̰.̼̥͟ͅ ̢̖D͖ͅÍ̤͔E̦̲͉͇.̬̣ ͙̬W̥͖͙̯̩Ḫ̠͙͉̪̜̟E̷̻Ņ̭.̰̹̫̗̺̙̗ ͎G̵̰̣̰̜͓ͅOD͔S͈͖̞.͜ ͚̗ͅA̠̕R̪͖È.̝̻͈͇ ͙͙͡R̛̜̙̻E̵B̝̖͚̰̜̜̻O̴R͉N̷̤̻ͅ.͖̜̤̹ ̳̺A͇̩̳͓̹̠N̟̪̪̣̼̼D̢̞̳.̣ ̩͍̮̰̫̦W̜̰̻͚͠H͏͉͖͉͎̲ͅE͈͓͎͉N͡.̰͉̹̻͞ ̡̰̹B̗̳̝̯͘E̬͖͓̯̖̺͇I̘͚̰̭N̟̞GS̸͖ͅ.̱̯̣͜ ̪̯͙̺͎̘A̲̞̲S̀C̖͚̤͠E̟N̶̻̩̝͙̘D̢.̼̟̤̗̻̬̤͟ ͔̪̜̫̯͔̞T̼̺͟O͚.̡͙̹͚͔͇͕ ̞͍̞͉̫̫͇G͇̙͚O͓̣̗͇̣D̮̦̥̟̻H͏̥͎O̭̼̹̬͖̱O҉̦̗̰̳̻̳͚D̠͎͍̩.͡ ̹̯̕

F̗̙̣̘̜͜I̥͚ͅN͞ͅD̶̰͓̫.̸̺̹̫ A̖̦̞̳̖. ̡̥̺W̸͙̼͙̣̘̱̗A̰̱͈̟̲̭Y̬̞̗͓͎̼̥͢.̼̯̪ ̙͙̤̬F̞̱̞̫͖̣O̙͙̗̩R͔͞.̱͙́ ͇͙̫͇̱̩̩͘M̱̲̩̱̀E̠͈͓͍͝.̤̦̙̺̮ ̷̳T̗͈O͔̪̞̲̠̝.̪̫͇͉̭̪̤͘ ̵͙A̺̝͉̞S̳̗̺̱͟C̜̗E̠̳̙̞N̴͉͇̗̬̼̰̱Ḏ̳̥̥̪̦͘.̮͚͎̼͖́ͅ
̬͕͖
̤̻̪͈͇̙̗Y̬Ọ͕̮Ų̼͕.̶͍͙̩̺̹͙͉ ̦̜͔͎̬̹͎WI̢͕̙L̥̠͎͉͘L͏̲̟̗̦̞.̪͉̥̣̬̼ ͙̥̹̯̙͍̰̀Ń̪̬͚̥̤O͍͔̠̯T͕̻̥̯̯͡.̟̪̤̘̹ ̥G͘O̻̗̬͈͝ͅ.̻̯ ̠̦͞ͅU͓̟̰̟̹̺̮N̼͢A̗I͙͈͙̩̩͚D̴̮̝̟͙̗E͓̠͓͎̻̣D̳̫͈̟̬̙̝̀.̣̣̮̪͟ͅ ͚̜̖͝S̨̗̝H̟̳̠E̱̞͙͟.̟̼̯̰̻̕ ̬̘͕͡W̝̜̦H̻͇O̜͔͔. ͕̱͎͎̥͍͜K͖͢È̙̬̫̺̬̝ͅE̸̬̹̮̼̬̭P͈̖̥̻͟S.͈͈͈͓̫̭͟ ̨Y͘OU͖̥̝.̧͉̬̼̬̬̼ ̡̬̠̘̖̰A̼͔̺͍͠LI̩͓̣͖̯͡V̧̰̬E̦̼̖̣.͍ ̢W͉̮̠̭̤I̖͈̻͍͔̹ͅL̪͍͙͎̥̩L̝̮̩̳.͚̯̫̯ͅ ̬͍̟̺̹͞C̗͟O̘̜̠M̭͓̳̖͠E͔͞.̸̟̦̹̫ ̼Ẃ͈͔͖͔̣̜I̥̖̞͕͟Ţ̙H̡̝̳.̩̘̼͚̣̤ ̨̩̩̼͙̜̪ͅY̨̲̯̳͓O̝̜̹̕U̵.̧̲̭̯̳̣͇̯ ̖̼̖͠S͙͇̹͖͚̲H͇͙̲͔͈͕ͅÈ̙̠̰̭̹̞͔.̼̼ ̝́W̮̜̖I͓̕L̪Ļ.̤̯̟̘̱͈̠ ̧̘̞̞Ẹ͉͔̳N͚͕̤̖S̮̘͉̤U͈̗̤̙̺̫R̨͉̣E̹.̢̟ ̰͇̘͟Y̠̩̮Ò̩̲U̩̗.̸̱ ̸̥͙̝S͔̩̻̦͎͜T͙̗̻A̘̟̭̼̠̝̫Y̺̯̦͎̳͜.̘̟ ͚̩̬̤̗T͈̕R̞̘̳͍U̩̣̥̘̗̩̙E̙̱̰̝̫̬͢.͖͎̘̼̝̣̠ ̗̦̩͙T͖͇Ò͎͙̖.̠̞͔̹̻͟ ̭̮̣̗Y̳̲͙̣O̖̻̭Ṳ̮̠̠R͏̳͔͉̩̘͕ ̪̩G̱͍̗͍͓̦̀O̫̩Ạ͔̯̞̫̖L̴̟̰̫̼͓̪S̫̺.
̡̘
The tentacles squeezed you then, and the tentacle girl looked up to the gigantic being curiously.

̭̀D҉̙̱͈̲͍̳O͍̺̝̫͙̱.̻̖ ̸̖Y͚͎̪̰͡O̹̤̘͖͍ͅU̷̲͍̦̭͈͓̤. ͓͔̖͕͙̙AC̯C͎͙̘̳̜̩̠ḚP̝̞̥͎ͅT̴̘.̳̟̗̻̟̖́ T͉ͅH͈͔̫͎Ḛ.̬͖ ̺̘̮P͎͔̰͙AC͙͙͉͞T̲͜?̷̳̮ ̵͈͇O̥̬̖͍͕̞Ṛ̹͔̟̰̝.̗̱͙̮̙̘͎̕ ̴̹̻W̼͉̥͔̮͓I̹̤̜̱̺̭L͍̪̜͡L.̸̬̖̟͉̩ ̻̳̞̝̜Y̡̩͖̮O͔U̖.͈͠ ̜͚̜̕C͓̹̲H̛̳͔̬̖Ò̼̤̮̲͇O̷͎̺S̜̯̭̝E̼̖.̰ D̞̖̙̣͔̼A͇M̻͎N̖͓̝͜A̢̲̥̘̼̠͓͓T̢͖͙̣͎I͎̲O̠͓̱̙͙̥̳͜Ṉ̜̹̹̯̜̦.̙̼̘̘̠

QuoteAnother Mental Resist requested

pringerbeam

Jean was exhausted and his fear from before continued to nag at him but he knew he could not endure the torments he had experienced again.  One fear squashed the other and he gasped the words.  "I will do it.  I accept the pact.  What do I need to do?"

[info]Mental Resist[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+2 : 13 + 2, total 15[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

R̳͙͙E̜̘̪C̺͔̬͝O͕̝̦̯R͘Ḏ̝̰̥̦͜.͏ ̺͓̰̠̣W̰̳H̼̞̰͚̙̥͙A̴̫͖͈̯̫T̜̯̙̪͚̭.͇͉ ̬͖̝̙͎ͅY̜̣͙͇͕ͅͅO̠̮̼͍̱͉U̦͇̰.͕̞ ̗̥F̬̀I̬͎͖̟N̶̳͈̹̙D͏͙̦̰̘.̣̣͚̖̬ ̶͈̣͈͇͇̳̜Í͔̠͉Ṉ̢̗̲̜.̧͍ T̰̰̼͕̰H̡͔̜̺̖̘̲È̙̜̭̺̬͕̹.̞̮́ ̝̠̳͝BO̰̻̭̺͓O̜̯K͘.̱̣͙̲̠̞͉ ̛̻͇͓̳̖
̬͓͓͢
͙͕̩̲̗͔K͎̹̗̲̜Ṉ̞O̬̯ͅW͖̠̺͇̭͠L͔̮E̛̻̗͚͔͚͉ͅD͓̭G͕͜E̥͎͚̺͘ͅ.̮͝ ̞̣̱͍̜Ò͓̠̳̗̯F҉̩̣͇.͘ Y͙̺͇̗̫̠O̻͇̬U̼͚͘Ṟ̩̲͔̦̫̟.̸͙̳̦̻̤̹ ͈̦̟̖̠̳W͓̭͙͙O͝R̵̝̻̥L͙͎͖͍͈̲͔Ḏ̵̦̬.̝̳̣͕̘̠͙ ̧̲̦̘̖̜̠L͖̩̺͔̩̥IE͟S̞̰̪̗̙̪̘͟.̴̬͍̤̺̥̩̠ ҉̺̠̪̜͕W͎̟̤͓̩̦̣͜I͙̮̜͇̳̜̰T̟̩̰̻̼̺H̺͉̘̲̥̞͍I̻̰͔̪N͏̠.̸ ̛̗͇͔͍
͍̹̺̰͇̦ͅ
͇͙͈̼̖̤T̨̞̖̱̳̤̫ͅH̳̥̹̩͓Ḛ̬͎͞.̯͎͍̘̭ ͇̹̤̘̮͔P̩̕ͅͅA̷͓̭̟̤͓T̤̦͝H̰͔.̵ ̹̪T͇Ọ͉͔̞̮̮̫.̙ ͓AS̘͇̻̲͚̠̯C̢͇͚̝͉E҉͕̙͍̰̙͉N̲S̜̖͚͉͎͕̕ͅI̷͚̪͓͍ͅO͓̱̟̲N̸͉.̲̻̻͞ ̢̤̟̗L̺̘̞̭͚̰͝I̹̗E̦̦̱̼̦͞S̵͍̮̤͕̼̳.̶̳̭͚ͅ ̗̫̠̳͖SO̗M҉̬̗̯̘̯̙È͚̱̝͔W̦̠̻͍͔H̠̘͕͔͔E̵͙̠̞͈̠̳̩R̞͇̬̱̦̻̻E̛̩̲̗͍̟̫̲.̻ ̞̀I҉̦̟̠̤N̝.̼̪̙̼͍̩ T͓̱̦͍͉͓̥H̶È̺̘͍͇̳̯.̩̗̗̖̳ ̮͓H̨̤̗͈̗Ṵ͓̖M̷͖A҉̜͍̜͔N͇.̧̣͕ ͔̹͉G̭̗͉͕͍ͅͅO͕͎̲͔̖ͅD͚̺̯̜̦'̹͉̳̹̣͘S̢̗̮̪̙̠.҉̭ ͎P̝̖̩̮͓͝L̕A̶̳̫̹̘̤Y͔̖̞̳̤̭͇͜.̤̲̞͍̦͔ G̵͇̲͉̠̥̻R͇͈͍̺̲̰̖O͏̳͉̜̣͇U̩̺̤N̙̩͠D̛̼ͅ.̷͎
͔̖̯̯̪͍̜
̬͚̺̺͓̗ͅY͎̼̜͘O͙͈̰͙͠Ú̱͖͉.͔̘̟̫ ̣̪̪̫͈͉̰W͇̼̩͚͓͢I͇̤̞̣̗̫̗L̰̰̲Ḻ̝͕̱̱̯͢ͅ.͍́ ̴͍̙͈͉͔͇̦F̰I̯̼̟̫̲N͔Ḓ̳̜̜̖͓.̻͖͚̱ ̷͉͔̙̻͈̣T̩͝H̴̟̞̰Ḁ̸͎͎̥T̨̼͇.̴̭̰ ̸̼̦̤̥̦̮FO̶͖̜Ŕ̤̣.̱͇ ̪͟M̮͓̙̭̺̟E̺̟̬̮͚̖.̺͉ T̹̗Ḫ̹A҉̯̟͚̼͙Ṱ͈̹.̸̻̙͚ ̨͕̭̯̮̼̝P̳͉̦A̶T̬̠̮͓́H͏̝.͙̥͘ ͖͓̜͙͉͞T̥̮͕̗̬̬ͅO͓͔.̮͠ A̗͖̪̥̮S͏̩͖̯ͅC̡̰̝̻̗E͖̗̲̻͓̭͇͞N̳̜͓̤̯S͔̟̺͈̠̯̖I̹͉O̼̬̩Ǹ̪.
̤͇̻
̯͠A̴̯̞͕N̴͇̖D̛͉͇̹̖͔͕.͓ ̛͍͙͎͎̗͓̟Y̦̻̟͙O̢̖̬̤͕̞U̪̳̥͝.̲͍ W̲̜IL͇̮̰̼̭͢Ḷ.̩̜̬̻̦̠͎ ̳̱͙͍S̮͎̲̮͢H̱͎̹͇̰̬̠O̢̰̝ͅW̨̜͙͓.̯̺̫̦̭̱ ͔͇̼Ţ̠̭͙͈H̻̝̳̹̮͇E͓̣̝͕̗̙̗͘.͕̲̪̝̤̭̙͝ ̺̩̬ͅW̱̳̦͕̲̮A̮͚͟Y̨̮͇̱̩͚͎̬.̭̭͙̲̦
̵̗̣͙̲͕̜͔

All of a sudden you felt a sharp pain again in your mind, as terrors began to overcome you. You faded into unconsciousness again, and all of a sudden you found yourself surrounded by the same glowing green light from earlier. Giant tentacles still loomed all around you.

You found yourself choking, and drowning from the water. This time however, there was no sense of being able to breathe. It felt as if you were actually struggling. A few more moments and your body was completely still.

You find yourself waking up in a cold and dark underground catacombs. You felt like you had just been talking to something or someone, but it was getting hard to remember what it was about. Your mind seemed to be forgetting something it did not wish to remember.

Clutched in your hand was a certain book.

And a moment later the first of many strange notifications appeared.

[okay]You have gained a new title『Summoned Hero』[/okay][info]Continue to Chapter 5: Jean's Second Death[/info]