Pokémon Training & Daily Attempts (Last refresh: 2/24/16)

Started by Throndir, December 23, 2014, 05:02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fellow Rabbit

Kathos Sigon

"Go on Parfait! Use Growl!" The training session had gone well so far. Unfortunately there wasn't a great deal of wild Pok?mon in the area, so Sigon had to improvise by drawing an angry face on a rock and telling the Togepi to show it no mercy. The results were... mediocre. Parfait showed about as much suspension of disbelief the the rock was a Pok?mon as Sigon did. Growling at an inanimate object undoubtedly made the Togepi more uncomfortable than it did the rock. Surely there had to be a more effective way for his Pok?mon to gain experience.

In some instances, Sigon had considered attempting to train his Pok?mon by having them simply battle each other, but in addition to Sting having several very unfair advantages, including resistance or just outright immunity to all of Parfait's attacks, Sigon wasn't quite sure he trusted the Honedge to take it easy on the poor baby Pok?mon. Sure, he could just go through with it and stock up on potions and revives to make sure Parfait had any chance at all, but realistically it just wouldn't work the way Sigon would have wanted. Maybe it was best to just focus on friendship training. Togepi didn't seem like the fighting type of Pok?mon anyway.

After watching Togepi sort of "pretend-Growl" at the rock for a few moments, Sigon decided it was probably a futile effort, spending time that could be better used doing other things, like plotting a battle strategy or learning how to Pogo-stick without holding on to the handle bars. He reached out to the Pok?mon and scooped him up into his arms before he began to walk back out of the grove. "Good job, Parfait!" he chimed, giving his Pok?mon as much encouragement as he could without sounding flippant.

Perhaps it was time for a rest. After all, the rock-face scheme wasn't the first method of training he had attempted that day. Certainly it was the least exhausting of the activities he had use in order to train his Pok?mon, but by that point the both of them were surely tired of all the effort and just wanted to wind down. It was starting to get late anyway.

"You guys worked hard today, haven't you? What do you guys say to a nice gourmet dinner?" he suggested. Togepi was visibly excited at the thought of not just any food, but gourmet food, a motion that Sigon took to meant all the effort they put into training that day was suddenly very worth it. He smiled as he made way for a good restaurant he and his Pok?mon could gorge themselves in.
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in horuls Db Mt Lr Ts Fl Pd Es Rg Mt Ag Bk Ag Sb Au W Fr Og Ra Er voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Mysticsage

Grey trains both machop and feebas again
will rp later

Linwelin

Good, the street seems empty enough...

Corey was in a backstreet beside a construction site, the day approaching dusk. This was the usual to his favorite training spot within the city. Well, at least the, without being noticed.

Alright then...Alley-Oop!

With a quick sprint and a kick to the ground, Corey was in the air, hand outstretched toward the light pole before him. He deftly swung around and up, feet first, launching himself over the fence into the site. Yes, this dirty, open-air construction site was the perfect environment to train Chomps. Bite-able scraps, durable targets, and all under the cover of semi-darkness in a place where noise is okay! AND he wasn't supposed to be there! What better?

After standing triumphantly at his trespassing, Corey released his Sandile, Chomps, from his pokeball, who promptly dove into the dirt playfully. "Alright, alright, come on. Play time can wait until after the exercise!" Corey starts setting up random steel drums and debris from around the site. "Now then, let's get to work! I want you gnawing and slamming these things until they're well-worn. Or are they too tough for you?" Corey stated mockingly to his companion, who was visible irked by the challenge. Thus a full hour went by as Chomps thrashed about until sundown, goaded on by Corey's remarks.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

QuoteExp resolved for Sigon, Grey, and Corey. Bonus exp to Sigon and Corey for roleplaying.

Corey can qualify for a Luck roll, as this is his first training post. Corey, feel free to roll 1d20.

Linwelin

[spoiler=Luck Roll][blockquote]Am I lucky?  1d20 : 17, total 17[/blockquote][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

QuoteCorey receives Shiny stone. I've updated your sheet.

Throndir

Kedric Larns / Nena Ains / Fayleen Ains

"A-ah... that's amazing!" Nena said as she stared at Star. Kippy, Nena's Vulpix stood there too, watching the display.

The Ralts was 'juggling' balls, with a routine that Fayleen had matched perfectly. Every now and then Fayleen would throw another ball its way, and the Ralts would 'catch' it, keeping the same motion as if it were actually being thrown. Star would then toss another ball to Fayleen, the exchange was fluid without any jarring pauses or rearrangements. It added another level of complexity to the juggling, what made this more special was the fact that Star, being so small would have been the only one to pull off the trick, at least their particular

"Hmmmmmmm." Kedric said as he once again examined Fayleen closely, leaning in and darting back and forth angling her at all sides. Digger was there as well, though the Sandshrew just looked on questioningly at his master. Kedric's movements of course caused Fayleen to berate him at first, but she eventually got used to it as Kedric simply continued his examination, well, just slightly.

"That's a bit distracting you know." She said annoyed. Kedric just leaned in closer and he trailed one of the balls with his eyes.

"Let me try." He said simply. He positioned himself lower, sitting on the ground, cross-legged, staring at the Ralts who continued to use her powers to move the balls in a juggling pattern. He scooted even closer to Fayleen's feet, and as he did so began to grab the balls that were being passed from Fayleen to Star. With a quick twist of his wrists, the balls continued their pattern as Kedric deftly passed one ball from one hand to the next, then passing it back up to Fayleen. Star had stopped using her powers then, but the pattern continued. Kedric was grinning from ear to ear, but Fayleen on the other hand was stunned - too embarrassed was she to even react. After all, Kedric was simply sitting too close for comfort. To her credit, she did continue managing to juggle all the balls, albeit a bit stiff.

Just when Fayleen was about to yell at him to stop - she was already turning a crimson red - Kedric simply turned around, and started to stand back up. Star, Fayleen's Ralts, caught the cue so she saved the next ball that would have fallen to where Kedric's hands had just been moments before. Kedric gestured for Digger to come, and his Sandshrew obeyed after glancing back at the Ains sister and their Pok?mon one last time.

"DIGGER! I have the perfect plan." He said. "We are teaching you how to juggle! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Nena Ains

An hour later after Kedric had disappeared, Nena was sitting with Kippy, her Vulpix at their usual spot outside the Xan Academy. The younger Ains sister giggled as she recounted the events earlier that day, and seeing how flustered her elder sister became when Kedric took over the juggling.

She smiled gently as she poked Kippy's nose. Absentmindedly, she then pulled out one of the balls Fayleen and Ralts had been juggling earlier.

"So what do you think Kippy?" Nena asked quietly. "Do you want to learn to juggle too?" The girl teased as she gently tossed the ball a foot in the air, to gently come falling back down in her hands. Kippy didn't react, though the Vulpix did trail its eyes to the ball everytime Nena threw it.

"Juggling? What do you think Kippy? I suppose you could grab it with your mouth and toss it high in the air." Nena said in her soft-spoken voice. Unfortunately the Vulpix continued to simply stare at her, and like the first time she had tried teaching Kippy a new trick, simply cocked her head to the side and stared at her owner.

Nena sighed. This evening will be a long one.

Throndir

QuoteNew daily round begins! Free items this round. Roll 1d20. I will be a lot more strict on Training rules with Command limitations.

Stats
Blaise and Quilz produce a Torchic egg.
Torchic Egg age: 1

Mysticsage

Grey and his pokemon had gotten into a routine of sorts. Going to the gym and traing with each other. It was honestly one of the only times that Hiro felt truelly comfortable around others. Sure Grey knew he enjoyed battles but it was more for the test then fighting. He was happy with that. Hiro had taken alot of work to even be willing to leave his pokeball let alone splash around in the pool.

The academy had been the right decision then. Taking a spot at one of the many punching bags he did his own workout practicing on his footwork not trying to get to winded. His two buddies were really improving he could not be the only one to fall behind.

[spoiler]luck roll
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 5, total 5[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Throndir

Quote1.5 hours spent on Hiro's training.

Grey receives: Dire Hit.

I've updated your inventory.

Throndir

QuoteNena, Kedric, and Fayleen, to spend 1.5 hours on their Starter.

Nena:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 4, total 4[/blockquote]

Kedric:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 11, total 11[/blockquote]

Fayleen:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 1, total 1[/blockquote]

Throndir

QuoteNena and Fayleen receive nothing.

Kedric receives:
Friend Ball

Linwelin

Today was a different type of training for Bolt, and in a way, for Daniel. He'd decided to go out to eat dinner instead of cooking, They'd made their way to Goldenrod city, after all, and after his visit to their game corner it was only fitting to treat himself to the cuisine of such a developed city. So there he was, sitting at a table with Bolt lying on his shoulder. The training was to see whether Bolt could stay put once the food came, as he was easily excited when hungry. It would be bad if Bolt was constantly jumping on table from now on; as much as he liked letting the Shinx roam free, he would need some sort of manners first. Not that Daniel was good role model for manners, he wasn't exactly a people person when it came to casual life. But he at least knew table manners, and with Bolt's eating habits teaching those was a necessity.

"Now remember, Bolt. You have to stay on my shoulder the whole meal. No jumping on the table. I'll pass food your way." Bolt seemed confident that he could handle it, but Daniel wasn't so sure. His partner had always been subconsciously impulsive.

Finally, the moment of truth came. For the sake of Bolt not having a fit, Daniel made sure to not order anything dry in flavor, a lack of sweetness would only upset his partner. That said, the food was hardly just sweet. A honey-glazed strip steak with a vinaigrette-dressed berry, nut and leafy green salad on the side. Daniel knew what was coming, but hadn't fully expected the presentation. Thus the both of them sat drooling for a moment before the test began. Bolt had begun to stand on Daniel's shoulder, but Daniel quickly gave his partner a testing glare. Bolt froze, staring back, but his eyes kept moving back and forth between Dan and the meal. He was getting more and more restless, especially once Daniel began cutting the first slice of steak, lifting it and gently bringing it...to his own mouth. Bolt nearly lost it right there, a low cry being made in envy.

"Ohhh! This is GOOD! Alright, buddy, you've behaved well enough, your turn." Daniel said as he sliced another piece and brought it in front on the Shinx. Bolt was quickly looking back and forth between Daniel and the slice of meat, not sure what to do now that he could finally eat. "Go on, you can have it-!" Before even finishing the confirmation, Bolt slurped the scrap of meat right off the utensil, his eyes almost immediately sparkling at the taste. Daniel barely realized Bolt had begun to jump off his shoulder and onto the table, and only just barely grabbed him mid-air.

"Nononono! You gotta stay put. don't worry, I'll give you more, but we take turns. Ok?" Daniel said as he set Bolt back on his shoulder. The Shinx was obviously VERY disappointed, but assented. And so the meal continued, with little incident, ending with a light Pecha berry sorbet. The duo, content with an excellent meal, and Daniel please with Bolt's light behavioral training, went for a light jog through the city to run off the meal before turning in for the day.

[spoiler]Trained for 1 hour.

[blockquote]What will it be!?  1d20 : 7, total 7[/blockquote][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

QuoteDaniel receives $300. Updated inventory. Also resolved exp.

Ella

Letina Rae Desl?geech

It was beautiful. Not the most beautiful thing ever, but it was definitely beautiful. Letina looked from Quilz, to Blaise, to the object of her admiration, back to Quilz, back to the object, and repeated a few times. "Wow!" She gushed, pulling Quilz and Blaise into her lap. "You guys are gonna be parents!"

Whilst she and Coalee had been out testing the Houndour's abilities and training, Quilz and Blaise had spent their time with her grandparents, playing with other Pok?mon and, as it turned out, deciding to bring an extra little bundle of joy into the family. Letting the two Pok?mon free from her hug, Letina picked up the egg and examined it. It looked like Blaise's egg had when her grandparents first handed it to her, so she guessed it was going to be another Torchic. She wondered whether it would be a boy or a girl. She marveled at the fact that the two had produced a Torchic egg, considering the extremely low chances of such a thing happening when her Cyndaquil was the female. If this new little bundle of joy ended up being anything like its father, she would have to teach Coalee how to help keep them all in line.

"Okay, guys!" She said, deciding to make an announcement. "I need to prepare for the extra ball of energy we're going to have running around soon, so Coalee and I are going to go for a long jog!" Setting the egg into a snug little nest she had used when she had been working to hatch Quilz and Blaise, Letina grabbed Coalee's ball. "Be good and take care of your egg!"

[spoiler=Letina's Luck][blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 14, total 14[/blockquote][/spoiler]