[IC] Tinderbox

Started by Throndir, October 18, 2014, 02:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zultar

Zultar stares in disappointment. Reluctantly he follows Wintergreen according to Kin's suggestion.

He couldn't help but think...

THE MEAT.

Noticing that Golas wanted to have the best drinks in town, Zultar came up with a great idea. And so...

"I want lots of high quality meat after this!" He smiles wickedly, his face turning up towards Wintergreen.

"ELF meat."

[spoiler]Use intimidate on Wintergreen.
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+12 : 11 + 12, total 23[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Zultar

Zultar smacks his lips.

Throndir

5:20 PM

The man eyed the orc carefully, unsure whether or not to take his words seriously. But the show of intimidation, coupled with the orc's extremely large full-faced helmet, he couldn't help but wonder if these people were really the famed guild.

"We... don't have... elf meat." Wintergreen said, his eyes going to the other members of the group. You notice that the man looked around at his surroundings too, his eyes briefly landing on two nearby watchmen on the building straight ahead. His deliberation was enough for him however as he continued leading the party. "Stockpiles of meat that hunters bring in on occasion."

The building in front had a sign across the top that simply said 'Fire Station'. A large entry way was built into the building with what looked to be a wagon in plain view. There were two female guards posted at the entrance of the building which Wintergreen beckoned towards. "Goche and Droyte are the two watchmen we had to mind the station. They'll give you a quick run-down of how the wagon works. Now you can recognize Goran by-"

At that moment a loud explosion resounded from the south followed by a flash of bright light. There were yells and screams coming from the south, and it wasn't long until you heard yells that the Inn was burning. Before introductions had even started, the two watchmen Goche, and Droyte, leapt onto the fire wagon. 12-foot by 4-foot, lead by two horses, the wagon had just started to churn at full speed towards the fire when Wintergreen called out to slow them. He turned towards the group of guild members.

"Fire to the south! Jump on!" Wintergreen announced, insistence in his voice, beckoning the guild members to hop on. The wagon was still going at a quick pace, and jumping on it would take some skill. At a distance to the south you see a building burning. It was a some-what large building right behind the registration building that you and your party had first met Wintergreen at - already the fire was intense.

• Choose to hop on the fire wagon or not. Roll reflex if you want to attempt to climb the wagon while it's moving.

Linwelin

Kin was fairly unenthused about climbing into the vehicle. After all, grouping up on a single piece of equipment was much less efficient than going around in small groups and finding the fires before they occur. Nonetheless, the halfling continued to listen to Wintergreen as he explained the situation. Just as he was about to describe the perpetrator so they could identify the man, Kin's entire impression of how they should combat the fires changed. The thunderous roar of an explosion came from the south, as fire burst forth. "Damn it all, guess there really wasn't any time to search!" He shouted as he quickly jumped aboard the wagon to head to the scene. Once he'd grabbed hold, he took his time to climb up to a better vantage point so he could observe their surroundings.

Quote[blockquote]Reflex:  1d20+12 : 6 + 12, total 18[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Perception:  1d20+12 : 6 + 12, total 18[/blockquote]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Zultar

"Zultar WAGON-CYCLE JUMP!"

[spoiler][blockquote]Rolled 1d20+3 : 6 + 3, total 9[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Mysticsage

Grey wished he had brought Lightning along he could have rode him to the fire then this wagon. "Well if this is the first fire that maniac wrote about then we'll at least have a good idea of where to start looking for him next."

Grey tries his best to get into the wagon.
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+1 : 6 + 1, total 7[/blockquote]

Throndir

5:25 PM

The fire wagon came by quickly, more concerned were the two drivers with heading to the fire than they were to momentary slowing down to pick up the adventurers. Wintergreen had attempted to get on as well, though just when he was about to grab on, and jump on-board, decided to change his mind, seeing the task as too difficult for him.

Meanwhile, Kin and Zultar both attempted to jump at the same time. The two were about to collide, though with some quick reflexes, Kin managed to use the short half-orc as a stepping stone, as he gracefully landed on the wagon, startling Goche who quickly moved out of the way to make room for the halfling. Zultar, on the other hand, couldn't recover from being stepped on in mid-air, and soon enough found himself landing on the ground unceremoniously.

Garret moved on further in front, after first seeing the wagon, and with a quick hold of the wagon, then pushing himself off the ground, he managed to make it on board.

There were cries to the south.

"It's the Inn! It's burning!" Citizens made way for the wagon as it stormed through the streets. Sure enough, the building behind the registration reception area was burning. Crowds had gathered, keeping a safe distance away from the burning building. There were some infirmary workers tending to the burn wounds of three of the patrons of the inn.

However, what caught your attention the most was the 40-foot wide hole that marked where the fire must have started from. The wood was completely burned, as their black embers continued to gather and get stronger. It served as a makeshift entrance to the inn, though it was guarded by a wall of flames.

"Damn it. I hope there's no one left in there. Those flames look bad." Goche said gritting her teeth. In a few moments after that, their wagon had reached the inn, just before the crowd which had gathered.

"Tim? Tim! Where are you?" A woman frantically called, going between group to group, her eyes wild with hysteria.

All the while, the fire continued to spread quickly, hungrily eating the wooden boards.

QuotePlayers who failed their reflex, will have to sit back for the next 2-3 rounds, and we're assuming that they're making their way as fast as possible to the scene.

Kin + Garret have 2-3 rounds worth of actions before I deem enough time had passed for Zultar and the rest to catch up.

Linwelin

There was a certain joy Kin felt as he used the goblin as a stepping stone. A kind of karma, perhaps. either way, it just helped Kin get further into the adrenaline-filled moment as he grabbed on to the wagon and acted as a scout. Kin's excited, determined expression turned grim as he saw the first target. "Damn it all...! MY ALE!" His relaxation-spot-to-be was now up in flames, with a huge hole in its side. Truly, this criminal WAS evil.

"Well, what're you standing there gaping for!? USE THE DAMNED CART AND PUT OUT THE FIRE!" Kin shouted at anyone there who was part of the fire patrol. "Gods, what a useless bunch. Fine, I'll-" Right before the halfling was going to take charge of the device, he heard the woman wailing for some 'Tom' person. Putting two and two together, Kin realized the person in question was in fact stuck in the burning building. He looked to the flames and grimaced in apprehension. Then he looked to the woman in displeasure. "..GrrraaaaaAAAH! DAMN IT ALL!" Kin roared in frustration as he darted inside the building, diving through the hole to search for the missing person. The flames bit and burned, as expected, but the die was cast. He would save them.

Quote[blockquote]Perception:  1d20+12 : 6 + 12, total 18[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Fortitude, if necessary:  1d20+6 : 5 + 6, total 11[/blockquote]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Mysticsage

Seeing the burning building and then the halfling hurl himself into the flames Grey jumped into action himself. If someone did not take control of the chaos from the outside then the fire might consume the building completely and take those left inside the building with it. Climbing to the top of the cart he began barking orders to the Fire patrol.

"We have been given authority over these fires by the mayor, so everyone sober up and start putting water where I tell you." Grey began to look over the building style and its purpose. Using that knowledge and what he had learned as a traveling merchant to beat back the worst and most dangerous of the flames. The key was being economical to combat the most amount of the fire possible with the least effort. That way the patrol could fight the fire without getting overwhelmed. If the fire managed to come all the ale then they would have a real inferno on their hands. He went into "merchant mode" soon after he looked over the situation and began barking a series of order.

[spoiler]Persuasion to get as many on lookers as possible to help with the fire
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+8 : 18 + 8, total 26
Knowledge Architecture:

In order to look over the fire and figure out the best and fastest way to fight the worst of the fire. 
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+10 : 4 + 10, total 14

re roll 5 karma knowledge
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+10 : 7 + 10, total 17[/blockquote]
[/spoiler]

Throndir

"You there, tell the burgomaster what's happened here." The girl started giving out orders both to organize the watchmen who were simply staring, as well as the citizens who were around. At that moment, Kin dashed off into the fiery building.

"Wait! What in the world are you doing!" Goche clenched her fists in frustration.

When Grey managed to get the crowd's attention, they stopped their worried conversations and had turned towards the trio on the fire wagon. Droyte, the other watchmen with them, nudged Grey.

"We didn't have time to show you before." Droyte said as she moved towards a wooden apparatus at the center of the wagon. It was on a swivel, and looked similar to some sort of cannon. "But Mr. Wintergreen would probably prefer if we skip the tutorial just now." Aiming it towards the fires, she spoke the triggering word.

"Geyser!" With that, a jet of water streamed forth. She turned back towards Grey, nodding in approval of his command of the crowd.

"Tell us what to do."

Kin
Running through the fires, Kin felt the burning sensation licking at his flesh. The heat was unbearable, but you continued to pull through as you ran towards the sound of voices you had heard earlier. Before you, a set of stairs makes its way towards the second floor, the smoke and flames were thicker there, so it was harder to see what else was there through the fog. On the first floor you see the flames continue onward through the corridor into the next room, though beyond it, you saw much less flames. At that moment, you hear something creaking above you. It was debris, and it was falling straight at you.

QuoteKin to roll reflex!

Log
[spoiler]Kin does a full round action to run.
Kin takes 9 fire damage.
Grey rallies the people.[/spoiler]

Damage Taken
[spoiler]Kin: 9[/spoiler]

Grid Map
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Linwelin

Quote[blockquote]Reflex:  1d20+12 : 1 + 12, total 13[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Fortitude for when necessary:  1d20+6 : 17 + 6, total 23[/blockquote]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Linwelin

Quote[blockquote]Karma reroll on the Reflex:  1d20+12 : 10 + 12, total 22[/blockquote]

I'll resolve the 5 karma
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

Kin
You quickly dodge out of the way of the falling and burning piece of wood. As the debris came falling, you twisted your body as you pumped your legs to catapult you of the way. Gracefully, you landed with you feet back on the ground.

QuoteKin to choose where to go to complete the full round run action.

Linwelin

Kin didn't hesitate in his decision since he'd jumped into the burning building; he was going to save the kid. And from the sound of it, that meant going upstairs, through the dense smoke. The halfling hiked his shirt over his nose and mouth to allow easier breathing, and began breathing more shallowly, carefully making his way up the stairs. Since he wasn't sure how stable the structure was, he made sure to be ready to jump at a moment's notice. As for the fire, he'd felt worse heat. Sure, it still stung, but he'd certainly suffered worse. Thus it was a bit easier to ignore the heat in favor of keeping his eyes and ears open. The elderly woman would have to wait; as cruel as it was to think it, she had lived her life.

Quote[blockquote]Perception to find the boy/sense danger:  1d20+13 : 13 + 13, total 26[/blockquote]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

Kin
Rushing through the fires and heading up the stairs you notice that most of the northern side of the inn, especially the second floor had burned away. At the very top of the stairs, the floor looked to be very unstable, as you see peices of wood simply crumbling and falling to the first floor. There was one problem however, you had to get past it to reach the other side.

[info]Reflex or Acrobatics requested![/info]

You hear the sounds of a boy crying in one of the rooms down the hall. At the very end of it, through all the fires, you see another figure at the window, softly calling for help in her elderly voice.