[Fred] Chapter 7: Underground Caverns and Tunnels

Started by Throndir, July 10, 2019, 04:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linwelin

[info]Woke at 7am, so it's 7pm now.[/info]

Fen wasn't joking, Shuren really works you hard when he trains! My hands are tingling and my feet burn from strain. Fred looks down at his hands. I have to admit, though. The human body sure is resilient compared to a bird's.

Tired from his training, Fred thanks Shuren for the guidance, then wanders through the Ravens camp before heading to sleep, making sure there are no issues he needs to address before turning in for another day of training.

[info]Fred is going to sleep unless anyone seeks him out as he wanders.

Training round 2 incoming![/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

Location - Spirit Tree
Date: Day 5 - Time: 7 AM

QuoteTraining rolls requested.

Linwelin

[info]Training Round 2. Since I need more immediate strength, I'm gonna do Ki Projection once Spear is done. Monk stuff comes after.

[blockquote]Training:  1d20+11 : 1 + 11, total 12[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Training:  1d20+11 : 8 + 11, total 19[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Training:  1d20+11 : 7 + 11, total 18[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Training:  1d20+11 : 8 + 11, total 19[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Training:  1d20+11 : 4 + 11, total 15[/blockquote]
[blockquote]CON:  1d20+5 : 11 + 5, total 16[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Training:  1d20+11 : 15 + 11, total 26[/blockquote]
[blockquote]CON:  1d20+5 : 17 + 5, total 22[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

Location - Spirit Tree
Date: Day 5 - Time: 7 AM - 7 PM

QuoteTraining
Exotic Weapon Proficiency (elven-tree branch): 14/14
Ki Projection: 5/8

QuoteJust keep rolling!

Linwelin

[info]Day 3 of straight training

After Ki Projection, I want to train Monk Skills. Just pick at random.

[blockquote]Training:  1d20+11 : 17 + 11, total 28[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Training:  1d20+11 : 14 + 11, total 25[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Training:  1d20+11 : 12 + 11, total 23[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Training:  1d20+11 : 13 + 11, total 24[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Training:  1d20+11 : 10 + 11, total 21[/blockquote]
[blockquote]CON:  1d20+5 : 7 + 5, total 12[/blockquote]
[blockquote]CON:  1d20+5 : 13 + 5, total 18[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Linwelin

[info]Wait, not Monk Skills, Weapon Finesse!

My sheet still had Unholy might active. I don't have that much Strength lol[/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

Location - Spirit Tree
Date: Day 6 - Time: 7 AM - 7 PM

QuoteTraining
Ki Projection: 8/8
Weapon Finesse: 3/8

Linwelin

[info]Final training day before we start foraging for food and prepping for more cave exploration.

Trying to finish Weapon Finesse, then doing whatever I can into Deadly Agility.

[blockquote]Training:  1d20+11 : 11 + 11, total 22[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Training:  1d20+11 : 9 + 11, total 20[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Training:  1d20+11 : 20 + 11, total 31[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Training:  1d20+11 : 5 + 11, total 16[/blockquote]
[blockquote]CON:  1d20+5 : 12 + 5, total 17[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Training:  1d20+11 : 20 + 11, total 31[/blockquote]
[blockquote]CON:  1d20+5 : 20 + 5, total 25[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

Location - Spirit Tree
Date: Day 7 - Time: 7 AM - 7 PM

QuoteTraining
Weapon Finesse: 8/8
Deadly Agility: 2/14

Linwelin

Sighing after completing his fourth straight day of training, Fred felt he would be at least competent enough in combat to not end up in such a risky state again. I still need more ways to actually defend myself. But at least now I can possibly kill before I'm put too much at risk. He thought to himself as he wandered through the camp. But for now, I need to find the Lai sisters and Eris.

With that, Fred began searching for the authority figures in the Ravens, other than his spiritual trainer.

[info]Fred is searching for the trio to discuss retrieving the flower and expanding the sect rations via foraging or trips to the surface.

He intends to continue laying low as long as possible to absorb skills from the members in safety. Probably aiming to extend time down here for an extra week. Unless any allies have reason to need to reach the surface.[/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

Location - Spirit Tree
Date: Day 7 - Time: 7:30 PM

It didn't take you long to find the Lai sisters. They were with Ai, apparently still being taught how to swing that wooden stick properly. The little girl had been seeing it as something like play-time, and even Lai Ju had spent some time trying to show the little girl her own favored weapon, the bow. They waved at you when they noticed you approach.

QuoteEris is with another NPC, we could do that scene too, unless you want to gather everyone first.

Linwelin

Fred waved back with a smile as he walked over to them. "How's the training going?" He asked all three casually as he stooped down and patted Ai on the head. Fred then looked back up toward his vice leaders, "And how are we doing on supplies? Are there any concerns?"
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

"About as expected... When I was a kid, it took me a couple years to be able to use a sword properly. So how's the demon master's training going for you, Fred?"

"Even rationing, we're down to a week's worth of supplies left."

Linwelin

In response to Fen's question, Fred put his hand behind him and whirled his spear in a martial flourish before planting the haft into the ground. "It was exhausting, but I learned much more than I would have alone. The most I can do is project my Ki, though. I've yet to figure out how to actually use it." With that, he took a moment to gather a small amount of Ki in his fist, having the normal yellowish-white color, but with trace amounts of black and red streaking through it. "The colors seem odd, but I think it's just my 'Destroy' power manifesting. It doesn't seem to have any bonus effects or attributes, just looks different." Fred unclenched his fist, allowing the Ki to dissipate.

"Only a week's worth of rations, huh? I haven't seen much in the way of edible terrain in these caves, but we might need to start scavenging. Unless you think we can manage to sneak up to the surface for supplies?"
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

"The speed that you learn things..." Lai Fen shook her head. "Reminds me of Eris. She masters the use of a weapon in a single day most of the time."

"We can... But I would suggest sending Eris and Han Tu if we were to go up to the surface. Those two are the stealthiest among us. We don't want to repeat what had happened here before where the Red-Hand was close to finding us out..."