[Fred] Chapter 7: Underground Caverns and Tunnels

Started by Throndir, July 10, 2019, 04:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

"I'll show you later tonight." Lu Zhihao flashed a grin as she waved you goodbye.

"Nyehehe." Bethany giggled. "Nyah!"

[okay]You have gained a new title 『Perceiver』
You have gained +1 skill points.[/okay]

Location - Section 1 - Spirit Tree
Date: Day 8 - Time: 9 AM

An hour of exploring around, nothing was found.

QuoteExploration Log
[spoiler]Explore Section 1, success. Found nothing.[/spoiler]

Exploration Group
Han Tu (scout, 60 ft. in front of point guard)
Lai Fen (point guard, 10 ft. in front of cartographer and guide)
Abrielle Moreau (cartographer)
Fred (guide)
Bethany Claw (rear guard, 5 ft. behind cartographer and guide)

Areas
Area: Spirit Tree, Section 1, Mapped
Area: Spirit Tree, Section 2, Mapped, contains Glowing Blue Flower point of interest
Area: Spirit Tree Outskirts, Section 1, Mapped, contains crystal oozes, contains reptilian sound creatures

Linwelin

"Hmmm...and again, nothing is here. This happened last time we entered the caves as well. I guess it progresses in danger as you go deeper?" Fred mumbles to himself before speaking up to the rest of the group. "Let's look around this region a while longer."

[info]Re-exploring section 1

[blockquote]Survival:  1d20+18 : 3 + 18, total 21[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Perception:  1d20+18 : 13 + 18, total 31[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Stealth:  1d20+18 : 3 + 18, total 21[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

"Something... is coming!" Han Tu said appearing by your side with a flash step. She pointed out into the darkness, but you couldn't see anything yet, through the dimlight of the torch reaching out 40 ft. in front of Lai Fen.

QuoteInitiative requested.

Linwelin

[info][blockquote]Initiative:  1d20+9 : 4 + 9, total 13[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

QuoteInitiative:Lai Fen: 19, Han Tu: 14, Fred 13, Bethany: 12, Abrielle: 8, Creature: 6

It was illuminated in the dimlight. It looked like a thick, bubbling pool of mustard yellow much or goo.

Lai Fen began to focus her ki.

Han Tu immediately disappeared again, you saw her a moment later reappear in front of the ooze creature, slamming it with one of her legs.

QuoteFred's Turn

QuoteCombat Log
[spoiler]Round 1
Lai Fen swift action Ki Release. Standard action Focused Breathing.
Han Tu attacks with megaton kick.[/spoiler]

Map & Status https://app.roll20.net/join/3988538/rxP3dQ

QuoteExploration Log
[spoiler]Explore Section 1, success. Found nothing.
Explore Section 1, success. Found creature.[/spoiler]

Exploration Group
Fred (guide)

Areas
Area: Spirit Tree, Section 1, Mapped, contains yellow ooze
Area: Spirit Tree, Section 2, Mapped, contains Glowing Blue Flower point of interest
Area: Spirit Tree Outskirts, Section 1, Mapped, contains crystal oozes, contains reptilian sound creatures

Linwelin

Fred watched in awe as Han Tu teleported forward and landed a devastating kick onto the strange oozing creature. "Wha-HOW! How did you just-? But you were right-?" He knew that it wasn't magic, or else he'd sense the mana. There was a trace of Ki, but that small amount of energy could achieve that? He thought to himself.

Shaking himself from his stupor, Fred charges at the ooze. Normally. "I need to learn that technique." He mutters to himself. before thrusting his spear into his enemy.

[info]
[blockquote]Attack:  1d20+16 : 20 + 16, total 36[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage:  1d8+5 : 8 + 5, total 13[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Linwelin

[info]Critical confirm. Though I don't know if Oozes are immune or not. If they are, what a waste!

[blockquote]Confirm:  1d20+16 : 11 + 16, total 27[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

Without anything completely evident in terms of eyes, or organs, your spear did manage to hit, though did not wound it critically.

"Cover Earth! Protect nyour friends!
《Stone Skin》!"
  With that, Han Tu's skin took on a more grey tone to them.

"Flow forth, water! Rend and storm 《Slicing Waves》!" Abrielle chanted. Once her spell connected, the ooze was near death.

The creature attempted to attack Han Tu. But even though Han Tu was great at dodging, she was still hit. Luckily, with Bethany's spell on her, the ooze's glanced off her hardened skin.

Lai Fen suddenly appeared in between you and the ooze, then attacked once. She managed to hit, and you could see Ki running through her blade when she struck at it. That was enough to take it down completely. A moment later, you received a notification.

[okay]You leveled up.
You are now level 31.[/okay]You also noticed Bethany Claw level up.

QuoteRoll another set.

Linwelin

Having stabbed yet another of these gelatinous creatures with his spear, Fred was still caught up in one thought. How does a creature like this even get injured? It doesn't even have guts. And it's just...goo. He was still confused how striking a blob of nothing but goo could damage it.

"But here it is...dead." Fred said under his breath, prodding it with the blade of his spear.

He then looked around at his party, "Is everyone alright? Shall we keep moving?"

[info]Re-exploration

[blockquote]Survival:  1d20+18 : 9 + 18, total 27[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Perception:  1d20+18 : 1 + 18, total 19[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Stealth:  1d20+18 : 5 + 18, total 23[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

Location - Section 1 - Spirit Tree
Date: Day 8 - Time: 11 AM

Han Tu reappeared beside you. "Weird... blob... coming for us, 80 ft. away. Not like the earlier slime creature." Han Tu whispered, readying one of her weapons.

QuoteInitiative requested. Unable to see it quite yet since your vision is up to 40 ft.

QuoteExploration Log
Explore Section 1, success. Found creature.
Explore Section 1, success, Found creature.[/spoiler]

Exploration Group
Fred (guide)

Areas
Area: Spirit Tree, Section 1, Mapped, contains yellow ooze, contains amoeba creature

Linwelin

"Weird blob, but not the same? And what's with all the blobs!?" Fred huffed. These creatures made them uncomfortable. They reminded him of carrion that even he had hesitated to eat while he was a bird.

"Well ok, prepare to assault at range first. Thank you, Tu."

[info][blockquote]initiative:  1d20+9 : 2 + 9, total 11[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

In the darkness ahead, an ameoba-like creature started to move towards the group. It went a lot faster than the oozes of before. And you noticed that rather than a gloppy ooze, this one seemed to maintain a singular shape and form. However, you still saw floating debris of bones inside of it. It was large, primarily grey, but with darker grey stripes that ran along it.

Han Tu began to focus her breathing. Lai Fen did the same, though, you felt the aura of Ki around her.

Abrielle launched into spellcasting. "Blow forth, air! Eye of the storm, 《Wind Shield》!" With that, whirling wind started to surround you.

QuoteFred's Turn

QuoteInitiative:Creature: 23, Han Tu: 22, Lai Fen: 21, Abrielle: 20, Fred: 11, Bethany Claw: 7
Combat Log
[spoiler]Round 1
Creature double moves 60 ft. closer.
Han Tu standard action to focus breathing, 5 ft steps closer.
Lai Fen swift action Ki Release, standard action focus breathing.
Abrielle casts Wind Shield on Fred.[/spoiler]

QuoteExploration Log
Explore Section 1, success. Found yellow ooze.
Explore Section 1, success, Found grey amoeba.[/spoiler]

Exploration Group
Fred (guide)

Areas
Area: Spirit Tree, Section 1, Mapped, contains yellow ooze, contains amoeba creature

Linwelin

Hmmm...I wonder if I can do what Bethany did before...no, I don't even know where to start. Fred sighs, wishing he'd known that was a skill he could use, instead charging forward as normal. upon reaching the strange creature, he slashes across it with a horizontal swipe of his spear

[info][blockquote]Attack:  1d20+16 : 19 + 16, total 35[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage:  1d8+5 : 5 + 5, total 10[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Linwelin

[info]I had just assumed that this thing couldn't be crit, either. Lucky day!

[blockquote]Crit Confirm:  1d20+16 : 17 + 16, total 33[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

Your weapon pierced into it, also managing to hit a floating object inside of it. It must have been some sort of organ, as it started to coil away from your spear as it shook.

"Cover Earth! Protect nyour friends!  《Stone Skin》!" Bethany chanted as her skin took on a stone-like hue.

At that moment, the giant amoeba-like creature also turned into a stone-like hue. Then it started to retreat.

Han Tu flashed stepped forward again, and landed a heavy blow with her foot. The stone-like layering on the amoeba seemed to deflect the blow somewhat, though many parts of the stone layering seemed to flake off.

"That's... like my myagic..." Bethany said confused.

Lai Fen flashed stepped as well, attacking once with her sword.

Abrielle went forward, then cast her spell. "Flow forth, water! Rend and storm 《Slicing Waves》!" Abrielle chanted. The high-speed jet of water that sped towards the creature managed to strike, but the water seemed to splash harmlessly on it once the spell connected.

QuoteFred's Turn

QuoteInitiative:Creature: 23, Han Tu: 22, Lai Fen: 21, Abrielle: 20, Fred: 11, Bethany Claw: 7
Combat Log
[spoiler]Round 1
Creature double moves 60 ft. closer.
Han Tu standard action to focus breathing, 5 ft steps closer.
Lai Fen swift action Ki Release, standard action focus breathing.
Abrielle casts Wind Shield on Fred.
Fred moves and crits.
Bethany casts Stone Skin.
Creature does something. (Spellcraft requested)
Han Tu flash steps and megaton kicks.
Lai Fen moves and attacks.
Abrielle casts Slicing Waves.
[/spoiler]

QuoteExploration Log
Explore Section 1, success. Found yellow ooze.
Explore Section 1, success, Found grey amoeba.[/spoiler]

Exploration Group
Fred (guide)

Areas