[Diane] Chapter 3: The Road to New Binmoor

Started by Throndir, July 05, 2019, 06:16:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

Lightning that would have struck anyone dead back in your own world poured from open palm. It was indeed a burst of lightning, just as you had imagined it. The sparks struck the large creature, as you watched the lightning spread all over. However, instead of being damaged, the creature seemed to feel almost invigorated from the electric attack.

Kayden followed up and attacked twice, both of her hits were heavy. Even though the plant creature seemed to soar with life from the electricity, Kayden brought it down to disabled.

Hunt fired off a bolt as well. This time managing to hit, which brought the creature dying, unconscious, and prone on the ground.

After that the rest of the knights started to make their way southwest, where the last plant creature was still fighting. One of the knights chopped down on the dying creature's head.

[okay][/okay]Both Kenver and Maban looked pretty sleepy, but they fired off spells again. They both managed to hit. However, Kenver seemed to swoon, then fall down unconscious. As for the plant creature, it was now near death.

QuoteDiane to take turn. Plant creature is 145 ft. away.

QuoteInitiative Order: Diane: 20. Kayden: 14, Hunt: 12, Plant Creatures: 11, Felothian Knight: 9, Kenver: 7, Maban: 4

Combat Log
[spoiler]Surprise Round
Plant Creatures attack Knights.
Round 1
Diane casts Flame Sword. Move action 30 ft. north.
Kayden double move north 60 ft.
Hunt move action north-west, pull out crossbow, and fire. Misses.
All Plant Creatures maintain grapple, dealing constrict damage. They all deal damage.
Felothian knights attack or close distance.
Kenver and Maban cast FIre Arrow.
Round 2
Diane casts flame cloak, moves 30 ft. closer.
Kayden charges, triggers AoO takes damage, hits.
Hunt fires crossbow and misses.
Plant creature attack.
Felothian knights attack.
Kenver and Maban misses.
Round 3
Diane moves up to creature and attacks it.
Kayden moves 40 ft. SE.
Hunt moves 20 ft. E. fires crossbow. Misses.
Plant creatures attack.
Felothian knights attack or run.
Kenver and Maban attack. Maban hits.
Round 4
Diane charges towards east plant creature. Triggers AoO. Misses. Cloak of Fire activates.
Kayden follows behind and charges, hits.
Hunt attacks and misses.
Plant creatures attack.
Felothian knights attack.
Kenver and Maban switch targets to attack the one Diane is attacking.
Round 5
Diane casts lightning burst. Hits.
Kayden attacks twice, hits both times.
Hunts attacks and takes down plant.
Plant creature attacks.
Felothian knights finish off creature, or head to last one, or attack the last one.
Kenver and Maban cast spells, Kenver mana blanks out.
[/spoiler]

Anima mea

Watching the plant go down between Kayden and Hunt she sighs softly.  Struggling to her feet she turns and watches the last plant creature.  Debating something for a moment she mutter the enchant for dousing the fire cloak and fire sword. "Water. Cool, eternal and flowing, may you always bring life to the world. Flame extinguish."  Once the flames are extinguished, she moves over to Kenver, kneeling down to check on him, "Come on, stay with us, I know you're tired, but at this point, I think we all are.  Besides, who is going to give me a hard time?"  Looking over at the plant monster she plants the sword in the ground and starts to raise her hand to fire off another spell and realizes that she isn't sure she has it left in her to cast again.  Throwing caution to the wind she incants one more time, "Fire most divine, burning away impurities, bless us with your power.  Fire arrow!"

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 17, total 17[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Rolled 1d10 : 4, total 4[/blockquote]

Throndir

QuoteRound 6
Diane Standard action Flame Extinguish, Move 30 ft. towards Kenver.
Kayden run action towards plant creature.
Hunt moves 30 ft. southwest, then reloads
Plant creature maintains grapple, deals constrict damage, attacks knight, knight is dying.
Felothian knights attack, brings down plant creature.
Maban kneels down to check on Kenver
Round 7
Diane double move to Kenver.

Removing your flame cloak you made your way to Kenver, the moment you had arrived though, the rest of the Felothian knights had brought down the last remaining plant creature.

Maban, who was about to launch into his next spell, instead knelt down to check on his brother as you approached and knelt down as well.

"It's a mana blank." Maban said explaining as you approached. "He's run out of mana. But apart from that he'll be fine. It's a... rookie mistake to make, but we don't have a lot of monsters back in our own world, or at least around our town."

"Check on the wounded men! Gedric, grab enough healer's kit for the rest. Make sure that plant creature is dead!" Kayden could be heard barking out orders as the rest of her men started to move around camp.

Anima mea

Hearing that Kenver will be fine, Diane nods and lowers her hand.  Pulling Kenver's head onto her lap, she leans over a bit to shield direct light from his eyes if he opens them.  Brushing any of his hair away from his eyes, she sighs, " Aren't we a pair?  I guess we need to be a bit more careful and move up that training schedule."

Shaking her head, she looks around the area, " Some hero I am, terrible in a fight and letting you guys go down like this."  Reaches out and tugs on the closest knight's pants, "Is there anything I can do to help after a another moment or two of rest?  I am a horrible melee combatant,  but I know a very small amount of first aid, better to put it to use and help where I can than sit here."

Throndir

The knight paused for a moment.

"Y-yes hero Diane." The knight said hesitantly. He cleared his throat afterwards. "We're still triaging how bad everyone is. I think... I think a few of them could be dead." He said grimly as he shook his head. "Hero, if you can aid us, that would be... it would help. Come follow me."

"I'm coming too!" Hunt said, planning to follow after you.

QuoteThere are 4 wounded and unconscious knights. Unknown how many died until some heal checks go through. There are also 2 wounded and unconscious horses.

Go ahead and roll:

6 heal checks to determine health of the knights.

A last heal check if you plan Treat Deadly Wounds of one of the injured knights or horses. (You can let me know which once I give you the status of each of them). Hunt and the knights with you will Aid Another on your roll.

Anima mea

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 19, total 19[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 9, total 9[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 8, total 8[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 14, total 14[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 17, total 17[/blockquote]

Diane gently slides Kenver's head to the ground and gets up, a little wobbly at first.  Once she is steady she moves over to the first knight on the ground and checks them. She moves from knight to knight checking each knight's situation as carefully as she can to make sure she is diagnosing correctly.

Throndir

From looking over them, two of the four knights were dead. They were crushed by the weight of the vines squeezing their body and neck. Two of the other knights were in critical condition. As for the two horses, they were in critical condition as well.

QuoteYou can attempt to do a heal check, primarily as Aid Another. The rest of the knights are probably going around at the same time trying to bandage wounds. If there are 'too many cooks in the kitchen', feel free to do other actions, or we can move scenes.

Anima mea

Kneeling beside one of the critically injured knights, she tears off sections of her shirt off and begins to bandage the wounds on the man as best she can around the armor.  When she is capable of getting the armor removed herself or with help she does what she can.  "Stay with us now, otherwise, I won't be able to get to know you better and that would be a shame for all of us.  I don't have many friends here and I want to have more to be sure." 

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+0 : 12, total 12[/blockquote] Heal check

Throndir

With all the knights and you working in unison, the two other knights who could be saved were stabilized, and soon patched up. They were still unconscious, though, they were situated comfortable nearer the center of the camp. In due time they would wake.As for the two knights who lost their lives in the encounter, Kayden had them buried. The proceedings were solemn, and eventually Kayden came back to the campfire as night started to roll in.

"It's sad it's due to the influence of the demons that creatures the word over have started to become more aggressive." She shook her head as she stood up. "Get some rest, we'll cover guard-duty for the rest of the night." With that, Kayden left, heading towards her own tent.

Eventually, the mayors, along with Hunt too, went off to their own tents.

Due to the events that had just transpired, more knights were set out for watch duty that night, though, nothing more out of the ordinary happened.

QuoteMorning arrives, presuming you had your own tent, if you had actions that last night, feel free to state them so we can resolve it, state any morning preparation. And also if you plan to do anymore training in the next leg of the journey. Roll your training checks too for those.

Anima mea

Going to train energy transfer.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 7, total 7[/blockquote]

Walking up the next morning, Diane looks a bit rough, but with her short hair, her fingers make short work of the improvements to it. Crawling out of her tent, doing her best with the straps and buckles on her armor.  Reaching into the tent she grabs her belt and the attached weapons, and buckles it on.  Looking around, she turns and starts to pack away any of her belongings in the container they traveled in.  This done, she starts to break down the tent so that someone else is not going to be stuck taking card of it

Throndir

Date: Day 3 - 5 PM

With packing completed, the journey continues on. You were still fairly sore, but with the bandages and the night's rest, your wounds were slowly healing. For this day's travel, there were no ambushes or monsters. One of the forward scouts had mentioned seeing some armed men in the distance, but your group drew near, they had simply fled into the forests.

You spend the time with the Angwin brothers this time around, having the both of them teach you the peculiarities of mana, and how to transfer it. Your armlet was already charged, but the mayors would discharge it a single mana stream at a time, as you focused on doing it yourself. You made some progress with it, though you weren't yet able to transfer the flow.

QuoteTraining
Mana Transfer: 1/14

Soon enough, it was late evening again.

QuoteIf you plan to do more training, roll a CON check for each Training check you do.

Date: Day 3 - Evening

QuotePerception requested.

Anima mea

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 11, total 11[/blockquote]

Anima mea

Smiling ruefully, Diane shakes her head, "At least I finally found something that doesn't come easily.  I was concerned that I wouldn't have something to work at."

Smiling down at the armlets under her sleeves, her smile turns wistful as she thinks about when she started to learn to break down and rebuild cars.

Throndir

With the horses tired, the next few hours were spent with either the knights preparing quick meals, or simply talking quietly amongst themselves.

QuoteIf you want to do anything specific from 3 PM -> late evening, let me know. Options are doing forced training, requiring a CON check each, going out into the forests yourself, or just chilling and talking with everyone. We don't have to RP the entire scene out for dialogue, you could just roll a Charisma check, targeted with a specific NPC or the knights, to determine if you get any relationship score points.

You heard the howl of wolves from somewhere in the forest. However, each of the knights were on alert, and though everyone was weary from travel, the large size of the group was enough of a deterrent for the wolves in the forest, as they never came out and attacked.

"They're out there. Just at the edges of the campfire... Probably waiting for someone to stray away from the group..." One of the knights had said peering into the night.

Anima mea

Diane looks at the edge of the light, something about wolves, or the image of them in her mind, drawing her eyes there.  She turns and looks at the twins, "Does divine magic help one tame an animal? Not control it, but tame it.  Maybe it's the native american heritage, but I feel a kinship with wolves and well, most any canine. I realize it's a strange question, but there are my cultural leanings that sometimes get the best of me."

Turning to look at one of the wounded knights, she smiles, "How are you feeling? "