[IC] Tzane the Troll

Started by Throndir, November 30, 2013, 06:50:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linwelin

Kin grimaced, seeing now that the smell was from more than the troll's bodily stench. And now he knew why the girl was in such a state. There would be time to search these boxes in a moment, but not just yet. Kin planted his torch in the ground so that the path to the exit to the room was visible.

The halfling then turned around and did something unexpected even by Kin standards. He picked the girl up in his arms. "Jorn follow me. We're getting her outside first." Was all he said as he marched out of the caves, the girl securely held despite their size similarity. Once at the cave entrance, Kin set the girl down carefully, leaning her sitting against a mostly flat rock-face. Now that she was out in the light, Kin went ahead and looked the girl over to make sure her injuries were minor.

"There, out of that hell hole. The fresh air'll do you some good, kid. Though not sure if you're even aware of me." He chuckles sadly at that, then turns around to look at Jorn. "Hopefully things go better out here. NOW she's all yours. I'm gonna head back in there to scout out the salvage heap...if you didn't see it, well, you really don't wanna know."

With that, Kin stands and begins to walk back into the cave, grabbing his torch back along the way. He headed for the second crate he'd scouted out, the one with the trinkets, trying to avoid digging through human remnants as much as possible. From there he headed to the back of the cave to check on the larger weapons against the wall. And finally, as much as he disliked it, he dug through the bloody and clothes. He avoided the crate of limbs, fearing what he'd find in there. Plus, it made him too closely feel like some sort of grave robber. Maybe he'd have one of the mages use detect magic on the box to see if it was worth it later.

[spoiler]
Rolling search/spot on the girl upon exiting the cave.
Searching the first two crates, and the back wall of weapons. NOT the limb box >.> at least not until he's SURE there's magic in there haha.[/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Linwelin

[spoiler=The rolls][blockquote]Search:  1d20+7 : 1 + 7, total 8[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Spot:  1d20+7 : 5 + 7, total 12[/blockquote][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Anastasia Sheel

When Kin picked up the girl, she barely responded. She had her eyes fixated on Kin the entire time, staring at him as they finally made their way out of the small cavern. She seemed to momentarily flinch when the full rays of the outside light came upon them, though her vision normalized a few moments after. With the little girl sitting against the flat rock-face, and as Kin prepared to leave. It took the little girl more than a few moments to realize the halfling was leaving, and when she reached out to the halfling, he was already gone back to the caverns.

She stared at Jornathel apprehensively, being just slightly more lively now that she was outside the cavern. Though like before, she continued to stare almost blankly.

[spoiler=Kin's search/spot check]When you made it out of the dark caverns, it was much easier to make out the details on the little girl. She was still drenched in blood, with her hair stickied together from the dried liquid. Even the red ribbon that was attached to her hair looked stained with grime and dirt. She wore a simple shirt that may have looked expensive and adorned at one point, but was now just a bit more than rags.

You had a cursory glance at the girl, and you couldn't help but feel you missed something in your inspection.

Entering back the caverns however, you set about searching the crates.
[/spoiler]

QuoteThose who are outside, please roll listen and spot checks. Roll the corresponding social skill if there's interaction with the little girl. Search/spot to examine her, etc.

Items divied up by the players. Or roll 1d20 for each, state Greed or Pass. Kin has a +5 modifier.

Crate 1
Bloodied clothing x5
Rags x2
Studded Leather armor x1
Hide armor x3
Leather armor, masterwork (unidentified)

Crate 2
Dagger x3
Ornate Dagger x1
Darts (unidentified) x20
Pouch (contains 200 coins)
Spell Component Pouch x2
Pouch (contains 500 coins worth of gems)

On the Wall
Glaive, masterwork (unidentified)
Scythe
Longaxe, dwarven
Staff (unidentified)

Linwelin

Quote"Gah, armor all over the place. And it's all so plaaaaain- Oh." He stopped his groaning upon finding a well-tailored piece. "Now here's a nice one...wonder if it fits."
Crate 1: Greeding items 3-5, passing the rest
[blockquote]Studded Leather Armor 1d20+5 : 8 + 5, total 13[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Hide armors 1d20+5 : 10 + 5, total 15[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Teh awesome leather armor 1d20+5 : 5 + 5, total 10[/blockquote]

Crate 2:
Kin could see that the darts he'd found weren't exactly normal, but they weren't his style at all. "Pah, I'd rather be in the face of my enemy, more thrilling that way." After that, the halfling inspected the pouches before him, ecstatic upon finding legitimate treasure. "Well, at least the big oaf knew this was worth keeping around. Thanks, big guy!" He said with a grin. He, of course, saved the biased best for last, the weapons. This crate, however, felt underwhelming in the weapon department. Most of the daggers seemed common in quality and look. Then he chuckled and whistled appreciatively. "There we go, someone actually tried with this. Not sure how useful it is, but nice craftsmanship."
Passing on daggers, darts and spell pouches
[blockquote]Ornate Dagger 1d20+5 : 13 + 5, total 18[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Pouch o' Coins 1d20+5 : 19 + 5, total 24[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Pouch o' Shinies 1d20+5 : 11 + 5, total 16[/blockquote]

The wall: Kin let out a long, appreciative whistle. "Now would ya look at these beauties. Certainly some odd pieces that you don't see often, especially this quarterstaff- wait, it's a mage's staff! Well I'll be! Not my thing, but I'm sure one of the others'll love the sight of this. The scythe is pretty plain, I imagine it was some brave farmer's. Poor soul. Hmmm...Believe that's a dwarven longaxe and that's a- ooo, now that it has some light on it, this thing's nice! Note to self, dibs on the glaive."
Pass on staff and scythe
[blockquote]Glaive 1d20+5 : 6 + 5, total 11[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Dwarven longaxe 1d20+5 : 3 + 5, total 8[/blockquote]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Linwelin

Kin took his time wandering out with whatever he found, making a few trips so he grabbed everything anyone'd want and spreading everything out at the entrance. After that was done, with a satisfied look on his face, Kin walked back over the Jorn and the kid. It looked like no real progress had been made, but he noticed the girl staring directly at him with a little more animation.

Kin sighed.

"Ok, ok, if you're that attached to me, I'll take over. Don't expect the kindness Jorn gives from me, I speak my mind. Besides, Jorn has a job to do." He turns to Jorn, who's currently crouched in front of the kid, and pats his shoulder. "Huh, probably the only time I can actually do this." Kin notes aloud, as placing a hand on an elf's shoulder was odd to him, as opposed to a gnome or halfling. "Anyways, Jorn, there's a nasty box in there. No one will want to touch it without reason. Could you, well, detect magic on it? Want to make sure there isn't anything that may be important. Thanks." He leaves no room for protests, then walks over and plops down across from the girl.

"So. Why me, kid?" He says bluntly with a slight smile.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Anastasia Sheel

The little girl's eyes were wide as the halfling appeared again before her. They were emotionless orbs and you couldn't help but feel slightly uncomfortable from the attention. She shifted in her spot as Kin spoke directly to her. She looked like she was in stress as you noticed her slowly opening her mouth as if to say something. Though, moments later, nothing came out. It took her several tries after that, but eventually she did manage to speak a single word.

"Hero." She spoke hesitantly and mildly, but what surprised you the most was that she reached out and grabbed on to a piece of your armor that was protruding out. The little girl looked to the ground, but she managed to keep her grip and didn't look as if she was going to let go any time soon.

QuoteI want the next poster(s) to roll a Listen and/or Spot check.

Linwelin

[spoiler][blockquote]Listen:  1d20+5 : 15 + 5, total 20[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Kin scratched his head semi-embarrassed, "Gah! Now you've done it, kid!" He says with boisterous laughter. "You've stroked ol' Kin's ego! Can't keep up a front any longer!" He says as he leans over and gives the girl a solid hug.

Truth is, Kin had lied. He loves kids, but can't stand not acting tough.

"Glad I could help ya out, lil' miss." At this point, still grinning, Kin had set the girl to sit in his lap. Funny enough, she was just about eye level with the halfling, though it didn't seem to bother Kin at all. "So, what can I do for ya? Did ya manage to eat any of that bread earlier? We'll get ya a proper meal later, but you do need something, ya know."

For any nearby who knew the halfling, this was a near-miraculous, unexpected sight. Father-figure Kin.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Anastasia Sheel

When the halfling mentioned bread, the little girl looked at the loaf that Jorn had handed her. When she had been first given the peice, it looked like she had no idea what to do with it.

With the halfling's insistence, she looked at it curiously, but she slowly brought the bread up to her lips and began to nibble on the tidbit. Her hands were still covered in grime, but she continued nibbling on the bread giving little thought to the dirt she was inevitably getting on to the bread. Her eyes widened slightly at the taste of the food, as if surprised by the morsel.

[spoiler=Kin's listen check]As you watched the little girl sitting on your lap, you heard what seemed to be rustling. It was coming from the bushes nearby, and you knew that someone or something was approaching.[/spoiler]

"Kin hero." The little girl said as she perked up again. She seemed to notice the rustling as well, and began to tightly hold on to the piece of Kin's armor again.

Linwelin

Kin lifted the girl and set her beside him, turning toward the bush protectively while brandishing his greatsword. "Yea, well, hopefully this time will be easier to keep you safe. Just stay back, kid. We'll continue our chat afterward. I still want to know your name, after all." He says, looking back quickly with a smile before turning back to the bush.

"You, in the bushes! Come out slowly and state your business! That's if you understand me..." He yells, then notes, realizing it could be a creature, not a person. "Please be peaceful, my arse an' ribs hurt enough as is, and I haven't gotten my mead yet." He grumbles to himself, awaiting whatever was approaching.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Anastasia Sheel

From the bushes there came the rustling again, louder and more insistent than before. To your ears it sounded like multiple beings moving, and soon enough your guesses were answered. At first, a single limb protruded from the bushes. IT wasn't just any limb, but the rotting bits of flesh and visible bone let you know exactly what it was. Shortly after the rest of the skeletal and undead body appeared.

It wasn't just one, but a host of them, appearing on all sides of the party, each of them equipped with a shield, a sword, and what looked like a torch hung at each of their sides. One of your party members called out, calling for a quick defense, and already they began drawing their weapons - the skeletons acted much the same, charging forth as one against the guild members. There was little time to wonder where the skeletons came from as swords clashed.

The little girl, wide-eyed, hid behind Kin, clutching at a piece of his clothing tightly. It was easy to tell that she was scared.

There are four skeletons within your immediate vicinity.

[spoiler]Because of the amount of inactive players, just assume there all inactive characters are fighting their own battles against skeletons.[/spoiler]

Linwelin

"Tch, nope, not peaceful. And skeletons at that." Kin gritted his teeth as he deftly put away his greatsword and drew his warhammer. "Gods, not used to using something so light, but I remember from last time I fought these...bludgeoning works best." Kin placed his free hand on the girl's back while turning sideways, making himself a smaller target and making sure he can deflect anything that went for the girl. "It's alright, kid, they look nasty, but we'll be fine." He gave her back a couple reassuring pats, leveling the hammer in a parrying stance.

[spoiler]Kin takes a defensive stance (defensive fighting, not total defense)
These stats are for reference so I don't have to go back to the character sheet TOO much

AC: 22 (defensive 24, total def 26) Not sure if defending a person in my square counts as a subtraction from my AC
Weapon: Masterwork Warhammer (1d8+3, +1 to attacks, x3 critical)
Attack bonus: +8 +1 (masterwork) -4  (def fighting) = +5
If I down one, I can cleave an adjacent one.[/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

The four skeletons attacked as one, likewise each of your companions had engaged into fights of their own. As the little girl clutched tightly, true to his word, Kin managed to deflect all the incoming scimitars, parrying and blocking each of their attacks.

Linwelin

Kin made sure each of the skeletons had made their attack, then took his chance to strike with a horizontal strike to the final one's rib cage, aiming for the spine. His goal was to do this as safely as possible, and from their attacks he saw he could last a very long time in combat against them. As long as he was vigilant, he'd win this with no chance for harm for both him and the girl.

[spoiler][blockquote]Attack:  1d20+5 : 1 + 5, total 6[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage:  1d8+3 : 1 + 3, total 4[/blockquote]

If killed:
[blockquote]Cleave attack on adjacent:  1d20+5 : 15 + 5, total 20[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage:  1d8+3 : 1 + 3, total 4[/blockquote][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Linwelin

[spoiler]Spending karma to reroll that 1...*sigh*
[blockquote]Attack:  1d20+5 : 14 + 5, total 19[/blockquote]
If I'm able to reroll damage
[blockquote]Damage:  1d8+3 : 4 + 3, total 7[/blockquote][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

As Kin struck the first skeleton, it crumbled into a pile of bones at his feat. Using the momentum from the recoil of hitting the skeleton, he thrust his weapon at its neighbor. However, the blow wasn't as hard as the first one, though it still did a good amount of damage on the frail skeleton. The three skeletons in return retaliated, though, this time around, they didn't aim for the halfling, they focused their blades on the little girl which the halfling protected.

Their maneuver had caught the halfling by surprise, the skeleton's will seemingly guided by a singular purpose. Kin managed to deflect two of the scimitars away, but the last attack came too far, and though Kin had attempted to pull the little girl away, the last skeleton's scimitar cut into her flesh. The little girl had yelped in pain, and the wound on her abdomen looked serious as she crumbled to the ground, her lifeblood pouring and mixing with the other stains on her shirt.

She looked alive, but barely. Her eyes were starting to droop down, and you feared the worse for the child.

[spoiler]Resolved the karma.

Let me know if you see anything in the rules, but I'm treating defending the little girl as a -4 AC penalty. Success means they damage her.

Battle Log
Kin kills 1 skeleton. Wounds next one.
3 Skeletons attack Little Girl, Kin deflects two, last one hits.
Little Girl takes 9 damage.[/spoiler]