[Amelia] Chapter 18: The Beast King

Started by Throndir, July 19, 2020, 11:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

《Chapter 18: The Beast King》
Mendernich - Economics office
Day 17 - Morning - After Adhelm leaves

"Of course, Your Majesty." Liudger responded.

Mendernich - Castle Entryway
Day 17 - Noon

When you waited at the gates to the castle, up ahead you saw a strange sight. There was a small crowd of people gathering a distance away, though what lead the group was an odd-sight to behold. Nyx, or at least, what you assumed to be Nyx, was striding forwards towards you. He was indeed bigger, where originally he was the size of a house cat, he now appeared as the size of a lynx. More than that, an entourage of city dogs, two squirrels, and even a wolf, followed behind him.

Once at the castle, the two guards at the entryway moved in front of you due to the unexpected nature of the crowd before them. However, one of them must have recognized Nyx, as that guard whispered to his companion. They didn't quite lower their guard until Nyx spoke out to them.

"Is that any way to greet the hero's familiar?" Nyx casually announced as the wolfs, and one of the dogs flanked him on either side.

"N-no.. Sorry sir! It's just the rest of the... animals...?" The guard stammered.

Nyx glanced back at them.

"They're my subjects."

[info]Color change for Nyx to differentiate him from generic dialogie.[/info]

Mysticsage

Day 17 - Noon

Amelia opened her mouth to speak before she closed it with a smirk. There were public eyes on this whole mess at this moment, if she broke character now then there may be problems with rumors. Nyx was making quite a show with his precession and she needed to get him alone in her room to get the answer she needed. She found in herself a new calm that felt almost foreign existing inside her at that moment. Thinking fast she moved up next to the guard who seemed to be having an issue.

"The hero is aware of the pack that her companion has brought home with him. You can let them in, she has told me that she will take responsibility with the royal family and the household for any trouble this causes. She told me to come and make sure that you were at ease before her friend causes too much commotion. Let them all inside, on the hero's request," she said the last part with emphasis trying to keep her voice low as she looked at the crowd that was gathering, and attempted to draw the guard's attention to look at the crowd as well.

Mysticsage

[info]diplomacy
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+14 : 11 + 14, total 25[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

Day 17 - Noon

"Of course hand-maiden..." The guard said respectfully as he stood to the side, alongside his other guard companion, to make way for the procession of animals. It was a strange sight indeed, and many of the townsfolk began to whisper amongst themselves. With the animals through,. the two elite royal guards took back their position. Many townsfolk still lingered, talking amongst themselves, but it wouldn't be long until the crowd dispersed.

There was a distinct glint in Nyx's eyes when you were finally alone with him with the rest of the animals in the castle courtyard.

"I have subjects too. In fact, they're calling me king." Nyx said in a pleased tone. "But fear not, you will always be my queen." He continued in a teasing tone.

Mysticsage

Day 17 - Noon

"I see," Amelia said dryly as she rubbed the bridge of her nose as she gathered her thoughts as Nyx spoke.

"I'm glad to hear that this new development, despite not telling me ahead of time, has not affected your attitude or sense of humility, your highness,"
She continued with sarcasm dripping from her voice.

"But, I'll hold off my sea of questions for a moment and even carry you across the threshold to show my respect, you punk,"
she said scooping up her now much larger cat in both her arms.

"At least so that Corina and the staff don't murder us both within the hour. Have your new subjects follow us, please."

As the two of them moved towards one of the many castle side entrances. She decided that this was the moment to both get some answers and distract him from where the group was actually headed on this little parade. "You know I should call Mati on my friend's list to meet us I'm sure she'll be very excited to see you."

She uses that moment to smoothly open her blessing and focusing on the princess's name. "I think she was telling me this morning about a new oil they are putting in the bath today. If she wants to pet a squirrel I better warn her so that she can prepare herself for what's coming," she said both to Nyx and across the connection.

"Anyway, talk to me exactly what is going on to this new power," Amelia said deluging him with a number of questions doing her best to distract him from where exactly they were going. Sticking to the service paths her plan was to get all these animals clean before Corina had a chance to find the dirt-covered trail. She only hoped that Mati got the hint and could meet her there.

[info]Questions for Nyx

Are there any other aspects of the power he has been hiding?

How did he recruit his new companions?

Are there more of them that he didn't bring along?

He said they call him king, can he know communicate other animals?

Can he recruit other types of beasts?

If he is the king of the beasts, is he the king of beasts worldwide or is it limited?

Does the status screen give any additional insights?

Has he tested changing his size?

"How long can he hold his breath in this new form?

Do we mess with Amelia?
[/info]

While Nyx is distracted with answering the questions she made her into the bathing room knowing that this punk would argue and before he had a chance to run away or protest she kicked off her shoes and planned to jump feet first into the bath with a still clothed hoping that Mati would be not too far behind for back up with the rest.

"Now then, as king, you have to set an example and lead the others to make sure that they get clean to make sure that Corina doesn't murder us." Amelia said with a smile, "And if you hesitate I'm gonna just jump straight in clothes and all before you have a chance to escape, taking you with me."

Mysticsage

[info]Diplomacy to get nyx and his followers to bathe
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+14 : 7 + 14, total 21[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

Day 17 - Noon

I see you! Matilda said excitedly through the link. From the corner of your eye, you managed to see Matilda waving her hands frantically from one of the castle windows on the upper floors. She disappeared quickly after that.

"It happened... when I last killed that hobgoblin in the forest with the rest of the Umbral Hunters." Nyx explained. "I wasn't close to leveling up, so I'm not sure what might have caused it. Either way, the moment I took it down, and we finished our call, a bear, a wolf, and these two squirrels appeared from the woods... then bowed towards me. Once we made it through the city gates, some of the dogs started to follow, and now, here we are."

While the group moved quickly, Nyx began answering questions.

[info]Are there any other aspects of the power he has been hiding?
None he's aware. The animals seem to be loyal to him, and he's grown bigger, but hasn't had the time to experiment with anything else.

How did he recruit his new companions?
They randomly started to follow.

Are there more of them that he didn't bring along?
There was a bear, too. But he figured the wolf was already pushing it.

He said they call him king, can he know communicate other animals?
He is able to communicate with the animals.

Can he recruit other types of beasts?
He has not yet tried.

If he is the king of the beasts, is he the king of beasts worldwide or is it limited?
He's unsure, but grinning, he told you he would be willing to find out.,

Does the status screen give any additional insights?
All he's been given is a new title, though no associated blessings were with it.

Has he tested changing his size?
He has not, but since you had given him the idea, he willed himself back to his normal smaller form. That done, he kept his small form since you were already holding him.

"How long can he hold his breath in this new form?
Perhaps a bit longer, but he hasn't tried.

Do we mess with Amelia?
Nyx laughs, and tells you you're his queen.

Do we mess with Matilda?
Nyx grins, but tells you messing with younger sisters is the older sister's job.
[/info]

Matilda then appeared fat the entrance of the castle bath, a huge grin splyed on her face.

"MORE PETS!"

Nyx cleared his throat and shot Matilda a disapproving look as the maid-princess quickly closed the gap between the two of you, literally running across the bath to tackle the wolf into the pool.

"These are my subjects." Nyx corrected as he winced from the splash of water the followed after. The wolf, who had been hesitant about getting wet, didn't look as pleased, but surprisingly, the wolf didn't seem hostile at all to Matilda, nor any of the humans they've met so far.

Mysticsage

Day 17 - Noon

Amelia nodded as she got the various bits of information trying her best to absorb all the answers as quickly as possible. However, her thought process was interrupted by the act of human bowling that Mati performed as she knocked herself and the wolf into the pool. She couldn't help but giggle at the spectacle despite her attempts to stay stone-faced. However, hearing the tone in Nyx's voice she knew that some ground rules would need to be set out before things got out of hand. She was glad to see the wolf seemed well-behaved but they still this would take some adaptation on both sides.

"Nyx is right,"
Amelia said as Mati surfaced for a breath and she took this opportunity to disrobe to her undergarments, "these beasts are not pets Mati for the time being at least they are guests until we can figure out all the details of what is going on. I'll need to have a meeting with the council and your farther about all this."

"That being said Nyx, that guest status does not extend to the dirt and any insects you and your friends have on you that aren't under your new power. We are going to have to set some ground rules about bringing beasts into the city and the castle. Rule one is they don't eat people, which so far seems like it won't be a problem. Rule two is that for the time being until we can figure out how to normalize all this. Rule three is that all your subjects need to concern themselves about their personal health and hygiene; we want to avoid spreading anything that these people are unfamiliar with. This is especially true when we are still lacking a lot in terms of medicine."

"That goes doubly for anyone you bring into the castle, we have some people that are delicate as it is,"
Amelia took the opportunity then to step into the pool of warm water Nyx still in her arms, "Anyone who enters the castle proper needs to have Restore cast on them as well, at leat until we find a beter solution."

"For the sake of that third rule, I think it's fine for Mati to help 'groom' our new guests for the sake of safety. After all it's our duty as good hosts to help them reach the places where it would be impossible for them to normally reach right, Mati?" Amelia said with a sly smile and a wink in the young girl's direction.

"Please feel free to be diligent in your care for our new friends."

A few minutes past while Amelia took her time bathing and grooming Nyx as her mind raced over everything. Seeing carnivores and herbivores swimming together like this with no prodding sent her mind reeling. It meant that Nyx's power had the power to change their natural order of things. What would happen as that power grew? Was it giving the animals some kind of new intelligence? Would suddenly all the livestock of the world start fighting back against their ranchers?

All these questions and more were flooding through her head, sure she could think of very useful ways to use this new influx of populace but the ramifications of this development was enough to give her a near-instant headache. She would have to have a meeting in the days to come to figure out what this all meant and how best to proceed. She would need Nyx to test the extent of his powers.

She let out a dry chuckle, "What in the world will I do if it turns out he can talk to plants and give them greater intelligence?"

As she spoke that thought out loud something she never thought of popped into her head. If Nyx now could talk to animals did that also apply to her powers? What about things like plants? She knew her friend's list seemed in some ways limited by a distance she had yet to establish. However, there was one entity she never tried to make contact with not because of distance but because of not knowing their name at the time.

Now she did from her studies with Ragnar, and now that this had happened maybe something had changed. She took her time getting the last of the dirt clumps as she mulled over the idea. What was the harm in trying?

Once Nyx was cleaned waded over to the side of the pool she ran her fingers through his now glossy fur as he gave off the calming scent of citrus from some of the oils they had on hand Mati's voice drifting around her causing her to smile. "Stay here for a minute, Nyx, I want to try something and I need you close just to be safe," she said with a cool far off tone.

"Open Friend's List,"
she said as the status screen popped into existence before her eyes. Closing her eyes as she gave a silent wish she opened them again she focused on the add button then said,

"Add Velothia,"
she whispered trying to make contact with the planet itself or any spirit it may have. After all, on the ground floor of the castle in this recessed tub the only way she could get closer to the earth without being in the sewers or the cave.

[info]If this needs spirit to work I am happy to pay it.[/info]

Throndir

Mendernich - Bath
Day 17 - Noon

"I will gladly help groom our new GUESTS!" Matilda announced as she eagerly pulled out a bar of soap seemingly out of no where and began to start scrubbing the wolf she had held. It wasn't quite the exact manners given towards a guest, but the wolf seemed to be putting up with it, though you did notice Nyx eyeing the wolf.

"Don't worry new guests, I'll be sure to clean each and every one of you!" She announced, her eyes having a predatory hint to them.

Nyx was taking everything in stride and seemed to only find amusement at the situation.

"Very well." Nyx said. "I'll go around casting restore on everyone, and I'll be sure to leave behind more of my subjects for the next time... Actually, I do have a request. ANd no, it's not treats..." Nyx said jokingly.

"I would like... some sort of place to keep all of these new subjects, or at least a place I know I can reach out to them quickly if I need to. Finding a clearing out in the forest could work, but I was thinking of a place that humans and demihumans can approach as well. I believe it may be possible to rally even the beasts of this world against your enemies. It perhaps would even be better, if your own human and demihuman allies can know that they have such a force as neighbors and allies..."

Mendernich - Bath
Day 17 - Noon - After the conversation

Notifications appeared in your vision.

[okay]Ability not yet unlocked.
You have gained a new title 『Attempted Divinity』
You have gained +1 SP[/okay]

A moment after that, you saw the red glow of Spirit seemingly encasing the floating menu of the Friend's List. The notification of 'Ability not yet unlocked' disappeared, and a moment after that, a new name was listed on your list:

Velothia

Mysticsage

Mendernich - Bath
Day 17 - Noon

"Without question, we need to find a way to integrate your new subjects into society. So as long as we can find a way to feed the carnivores without them needing to hunt people and livestock  I think we can set up a barracks for them," Amelia said with a nod.

"As for fighting our enemies, I do think that would be a huge boon. But, I think that's only a part of the bigger picture think about what a labor crew of cows and monkeys could do for construction or whales as submarine merchants, not to mention the ability to gather information using mice and birds," the advantages something like recruiting animals to organized labor was almost too numerous to even list. The societal upheaval on the other hand of all the plans that were swimming through her head at the moment was nothing to scoff at. That being said, Bursteg was already backed into a corner, to survive they would need to embrace far weirder than this at the end of the day.

"I'll get the details for the various things we need priced out with Liudger and the rest of the council members-" Amelia paused mid-sentence as she looked down at Nyx if he was going to have as many subjects under him as she imagined he would also need a spot on the council and a high one at that.

"I name Nyx as my consort," she said to the open air of the baths. " And you need to name me your consort to, Nyx so that the animals understand my position. You also need to make a clan house or some kind of organization, one with branches for every type of animal you recruit. If you name various representatives they can come to you with various ideas or problems."

Having two ruling powers in one nation may make things troubling in the long run, but for now, this was the only way to work inside the current system and not make everyone go crazier than they already would. Before Nyx got too many creatures under his banner they desperately needed a way to start bridging the gap between them and the humanoid races. The consort only gained power if the boss had to leave their seat for a while so giving each other the title was the least problematic for now. It was moments like these that she wished she had a full court backing her up.

"We can work out all the various details of your new organization as we go, but you need to start founding one now. You'll need a name-"
she said thoughtfully.

"Kemonozaki Clan, means rugged beast clan. The umbral hunters could be the vanguard, sound good?"

Mendernich - Bath

Seeing the name of the planet now on her friend's list Amelia was more than a little stunned.

Feeling the energy drain out of her suddenly and seeing that strange glow that changed the pop up before her eyes, Amelia knew she had accidentally done something. Exactly what she had done was a complete mystery; it felt like one of the few times she had wished for something and the system had glitched for a moment, but this was somehow different.

However, like those times, she wasn't sure how long the connection would stay open, she didn't have time to think. If she wanted to make contact it was now or never.

Without another moment's hesitation, she focused on Velothia's name hoping that everything would work as usual.

"Hello, Is anyone there?" She asked through the link glad that she could hide her fears from who or whatever was at the other end.

"I'm Amelia, Amelia Reinhart, a girl from another world, and I was hoping to ask for help from the planet, or at least that I could get a few questions answered. I'm really out of my depth here, and could use all the guidance I could get please,"
she said, shaking slightly, as an ice-cold shiver ran up her spine in the warm bath.

Throndir

Mendernich - Bath
Day 17 - Noon

"Nyx? Your consort?" Matilda repeated, her eyes wide. "I guess politically it would make sense... But unheard of too. Nyx is super cute, but doesn't look much like a demihuman... It might be hard for a lot of people her in our city to see them all as equals too. But I hope my fears are just unfounded..." Matilda said as she methodically scrubbed and clean each of the furry guests.

Nyx laughed.

"Very well." Nyx said as he made eye-contact with his own people in the bath. Each of his subjects turned to him (even as they were bring briskly scrubbed) realizing he was about to say something. "Everyone, today is a momentous occassion as it is the birth of our people, the Kemonozaki clan. We do not yet have a homeland that is recognized by our neighbors. They think of us as uncivilized, unthinking, without their proper conduct. But with the help of my consort, our queen Amelia, we will elevate our people, and create a nation safe for all animals of the world!"

With that the other beasts in the bath either began to howl, bark, or squeak in cheer.

Mendernich - Bath

The voice that responded was a deep voice. One that seemed to reverberate through your head. It spoke methodically, monotonously, and most notably, slow.

"Amelia." It said in it's slow voice, your name alone taking a good few solid seconds for it to finish speaking. The rest of its dialogue was just as paced. "Of. Another. World."

"What. Does. One. Of. Another. Origin. Want. With. Us?"

Mysticsage

Mendernich - Bath
Day 17 - Noon

Amelia listened with a smile, as she let Nyx make his speech while nodding to Matilda's concerns. She wasn't wrong after all, and there might be some kind of global backlash let alone the other nobles.

Once Nyx had finished with his little proclamation, she added, "We don't need to make this publicly known right away. This is just for the sake of our internal politics so that we know that we both are taking the need of everyone into account. That way if something happens the group inside understands how to maintain a unified front if one of us is indisposed."

She did her best to sound confident for Mati, but she was more than a little worried that something could go wrong. Making a home for every animal was a nice idea but she had no clue if it was even possible. There was eternally ingrained in their very blood. Could they change things like hunting habits without stepping on some more primal taboo? Right now even trying to approach that kind of question was impossible, let alone trying to find an answer. But for right now all she could do was smile and take things one step at a time.

Mendernich - Bath

Amelia sucked in a breath as she got a response. She felt the sheer gravity behind those words and was glad for once that her ability to connect with others was so limited for fear that whatever force was on the other end of the line might crush her by accident just with force of will.

"I need help- I want to understand this world to be a part of it more than just some refugee sucked through time and space. Understanding you, learning your laws, and the laws of the other cosmic forces like the gods is the only way we can bury our bitter feelings without causing harm in the process. A large portion of the population has very little true understanding of your history, and those that though are facing so much constant war that they risk becoming monsters themselves. Faced with those circumstances and my limited resources I need to make a choice."

"Please, if you can teach me about this world, stand beside us as you have always done, and we will do our best to respect your power."

"You are the only force with a given name that I know and has even attempted to answer me when I have called. Everything else is either too far away from me or only referenced in symbols and stories. You stand apart from the others unique in how you watch over our existence.

You are also a victim of the Shifting , stripped and reshaped by both the magic that summons heroes and the monster they fight. I don't want to be a mindless weapon killing others with no context in this war. I want to be educated to be a citizen of this place capable of acting because of some divine lottery but my own will."

"My companion as a beast has a vested interest in your health as you are key to his personage. Please I ask personally and as a representative of the people who now call you home-"

"Give is your blessing be that in the form of strength wisdom or some other strange magic"
Amelia paused

"As comrades I would also be willing to help you or anyone you send who serves you- If there is a problem you cannot face alone."

"I beg you"

Amelia felt her body shaking slightly from the strength of her emotions. She was so tired of having a world thrust at her without explanation or consideration. She had been plunged under arctic ice expected to find her way in the lightless abyss. To loss herself and be a tool, or be some great leader to people she had only the barest understanding of. Either option would eventually lead to catastrophe and she refused to allow ignorance to be a shield if she allowed the worst could happen.

Finally this was a light in the dark a road that meant she might not feel like fake idol pretending at her job.

Throndir

Mendernich - Bath
Day 17 - Noon

"It's strange..." Matilda said as she cleaned the fur on one of the squirrels.

"When I think about it... I've never seen wolves and squirrels together like this, and it's not like they form villages or anything. At most, it would be a family group, like a flock or a pack. The fact that the wolf let me clean him without much fuss, or even follow us here as if they were domesticated isn't something normal..."

She paused as she tried to gather her thoughts.

"What I mean to ask is have they become... more intelligent?"

Nyx was thoughtful for a moment as well, but eventually he responded.

"Animals have always been wise and intelligent!" Nyx stated though he became quiet after it. The other animals themselves looked towards him.

"However... I do admit that ever since coming to this world, my own perspective have changed on things... For example, when I lived with Amelia before finding ourselves here, all I really thought about was living life: eating, sleeping, playing. I still have my memories of our time back on Earth, and I still feel like myself, but even that statement alone wasn't something I would have even thought about just a year ago."

Mendernich - Bath

There was a long pause, and it was hard to tell if the voice in question was in deep thought, or if it simply took long to respond as its norm.

"We. Cannot. Grant. Blessings... That. Is. A. Domain. Of. Our. Creators... What. You. Seek. Is. Knowledge. Of. This. World... You. Seek. Knowledge. Of. The. Creators'.  Game... We. Have. Been. Created. For. This. Purpose... This. Conflict. That. Will. Rage. Upon. Our. Surface. Shall. Dictate. The. Fates. Of. Our. Creators. Of. This. World. Of. Your. World. Of. All. Other Worlds..."

"The. Menace. Of. All. Worlds. Shall. Be. Descending. Soon... The. Deaths. And. Births. Of. Creators. Will. Then. Follow..."

Mysticsage

Mendernich - Bath
Day 17 - Noon

Amelia let the last bits of conversation settle in her mind as her two companions talked back and forth. The idea that Nyx's presence had somehow uplifted the other animals he was coming in contact with was more than just a little troubling if only for what that implied, and for the questions that followed as a result.

Was this a permanent change?

Would they continue to evolve as Nyx did?

How would Nyx change as a result of being in contact with them?

Then as she did her best to push those questions to the back of her mind something Nyx said hit her like a ton of bricks.

"Wait Nyx, what do you mean even a year ago? We were back home just a few weeks ago." She said, purposefully testing his memory to see if whatever power the two of them were being affected by was purposefully changing their memory and cognitive perception.

Was she changing in the same way without even realizing it? Trying to think on that was quickly giving her a headache. How much had she changed in subtler ways than acquiring a magical staff? What really sent a chill down her spine was that no one knew her well enough or was aware enough to tell that anything was wrong with them, if anything was wrong with them.

Mendernich - Bath

Amelia felt an icy cold chill run down her spine as she heard the words of the planet ringing in her head. In particular, the words "created for this game, and the menace shall descend" sent her mind reeling. Over half the world that she knew of in this world was under direct threat and this was only the opening act?

She stood in the bath suddenly filled with this dread and needing a place to put it.

"I have two questions left for you. Do you know any names of your creators? And My last question how much time do we have before this menace arrives in full force?"

Looking to Nyx as she stood the look of dread clear on her face she simply gave him a look that she was about ready to leave. She only hoped that Ragnar had enough time to get the church together by the time it would take them to travel through town. She would need to write a report on what she had just learned but she needed to keep her hands busy to organize her thoughts.

Mendernich - Church of Light
Day 17 - Evening

When she made her way to the church through the town after getting everyone dry and set up in the castle the sky was beginning to turn orange. Not wanting to draw attention she was back in her Liam outfit with Nyx following in her shadow. If the threats were going to get significantly worse then she would need to work hard from now on.

She stepped into the church and searched the room for Ragnar desperately hoping that he could provide her with some sense of stability and the tools she needed to try and turn the table against her sense of crushing responsiblity.

Throndir

Mendernich - Bath
Day 17 - Noon

Nyx was about to reply confused by the rather strange question you had asked, but then he paused.

The cat's eyes furrowed as he shook his head.

"We've been here for a year, have we not?" Nyx asked, turning towards both Matilda and you.

Matilda looked confused, but she shook her head. "No... Nyx... It's like what Amelia said, it's been maybe 3 weeks or so."

Nyx paused, though he looked as confused as the both of you. "Hmm... It's strange, but I feel as if I'd been the Beast King for... much longer. But at the same time, I do recall that it wasn't all that long ago since I first met you Matilda, or became the hero." Nyx looked like he was in thought again, but then blurted out some questions.

"Did I not lead my subjects to battle against the terror of Maou Folgias? Or what about the heroic Pili? Did I not train him in the ways of war?" He paused the moment those words left his mouth, his face in full confusion.

Mendernich - Bath

"There. Are. Four. Hundred. Eighty. Six. Creators... Each. Of. The. Creators. Have. Many. Names... Each. Of. Them. Aided. In. The. Creation. Of. Us... Of. Those... Six. Of. Them. Have. Been. Granted. Stewardship. Of. Us... They. Are. The. Elemental. Creators... Anema. Of. Air... Pyra. Of. Fire... Hydrea. Of. Water... Gea. Of. Earth... Caliga. Of. Darkness... And. Luxa. Of. Light... As. Once. They. Were. Called."

"The. Menace. Of. All. Worlds. Are. Arriving. Even. Now... They. Are. Coming. Slowly. But. Soon. They. Will. Become. A. Flood."

Mendernich - Cathedral
Day 17 - Early Evening

Ragnar Barnabas had been waiting for you at the cathedral. He already seemed to have a bottle on hand. Although, it didn't take you long to realize it was some sort of alcohol.

"Amelia. Queen, you got to try some of this. My special brew." He flashed a grin. "So you want try your hand at brewing was it?"