[Vanguard] Book 1 - Chapter 4.6: Other Travelers

Started by Throndir, January 30, 2020, 01:53:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pringerbeam

With the creatures getting farther and farther away, Yuki wiped an arm across her brow and looked down at the tear in her kimono where the creature had hit her.  Their taste for rotting meat concerning her for her health. She pulled her arms out of her kimono and let out drape down around her waist, looking down at the ragged wound across her lower ribs. Covering herself with one arm and pulling Jars next to her with her other. "Jarsy baby, you said you have medicines? I don't suppose you could donate one to the worthy cause of helping a girl out? I don't think this wound is good for my skin." She begged, leaning into Jars with her naked torso and lifting her breasts to allow him to see the gash just below them.

Throndir

pringerbeam

[info] Diplomacy[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+2 : 19 + 2, total 21[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

72 miles from Pyletus Village
Day 4 - Early Afternoon

Jars tried not to look, but in the end, he couldn't help but stare. You noticed his gaze was more on your arm covering your chest than the wound beneath them.

"O-oh... right..." Jars said, his face turning a bit redder as he began to pull out vials from underneath his jacket, examining each of the labels.

"The town of Tyresia requested 200 healing potions, 10 disease treatment potions, and over 800 "feel good" potions that don't really do anything other than let you ignore symptoms for awhile. Each of us have some potions we keep on us though, in case we need them." He soon pulled out a vial. On it was labeled 'Rank C Healing Potion'

"This will close that right up." He said stammering as he handed you the vial.

Mysticsage

Taiga seeing this exchange couldn't help but let a low chuckle, without Ciara here to protect him Jars was at the mercy of all of them really. As long as it didn't affect the job Taiga wouldn't stop Yuki from doing a little bit of hunting if she wanted. After all, if they could be on good terms with a familia like Dian Cecht would help them in the long run.

For now, though, his main concern was he kept the horses plodding at a quick pace. He had no clue what those creatures were but they made his tail stand on end and if there was a nest of them or something he wanted to be as far away from it as possible. "We're going to go a little bit faster from here hold onto each other if there are more of those things around I want to outrun them."

[info]As Jars hands Yuki the potion I want to have the cart move so that he has to lean into her a bit. Basically try to aid her with a reputation boost with Jars lol[/info]

pringerbeam

"Oh thank you Jarsy!"  Exclaimed Yuki as she took the potion and splashed it against her wound. The healing potion stitched her wound back together nearly instantly. She blushed, giggled slightly and whispered breathily. "It tickles a little."  Before hugging Jars around the neck with both arms.  "Thank you so much Jarsy!  Gosh, it sure is dangerous out here. I never knew it could be so treacherous outside our little village. Is it always like this?  That other cart looked like whoever owned it was overcome by those... those beasts! How horrible!"  She hugged Jars's neck even harder, fully enveloping his head with her chest. "You don't think there are more of those things out there do you?"

Throndir

Day 4 - Early Afternoon

The feel of flesh on his face was simply too much for the larger man to handle, and it was easy enough to have him turn completely red stammering an attempt at a response.

"N-no... hopefuly no more m-monsters... Miss.. uhh... Yuki..."

Day 4 - Early Afternoon

"You skank! Get your tits out of his face!" Rota shouted from behind, her facial expression not quite so happy with the turn of events.

pringerbeam

"Kiyaa!" Gasped Yuki as she collapsed to the bed of the wagon, covering herself once again. "Don't look!"  She exclaimed as she shied away. "I'm just so scared! Are you sure you don't know what those beasts were Jars? Why would such terrifying monsters be roaming this place? Your delivery isn't involved in any way? Is it Jarsy?"

Throndir

[info]Roll another diplomacy for this, I'll keep in mind your Gregarious, which imposes a -2 penalty on Jar's end.[/info]

pringerbeam

[info]Diplomacy[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+2 : 1 + 2, total 3[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

Day 4 - Early Afternoon

"I don't think monsters are related to the delivery..." Jars said, looking away from Yuki.

pringerbeam

"Tch, always have to do things the hard way."  Muttered Yuki as she saw her charms staring to wane in effectiveness. She pulled a kunai out from her belt with each hand and thrust one to within an inch of Jars's groin. These other board pointed at Rota.  She reared herself up fully bare chested and started Jars right in the eyes. "Okay, sexy time is over Jarsy baby. You tell us what the fuck you're hiding or you're going to be two walnuts short of a tree and an octave higher in the choir.  And don't..."  She circled the kunai pointing at Rota. "Try anything. According to your manifest you didn't bring Amy regeneration potions along so whatever happens before you finish chanting sticks around. So. Jars. The fuck is going on here?"

[info] Intimidate[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 6 + 4, total 10[/blockquote][/info]

pringerbeam

[info] Expend my 1 and only hero point to get +4 to that roll[/info]

Asta

Though she wasn't really paying attention to the conversation Yuki was having with the unpleasant merchant, Sotu did catch her companion whip a blade out to threaten his nether region. Sensing the tension in the air, she laid a hand on the hilt of her own weapon and looked at Jars menacingly. Or at at least with a slight frown.

[info]Aid another for Yuki's intimidate:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 14, total 14[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

Day 4 - Early Afternoon

Both members of the Dian Cecht familia glared at Yuki, though wisely, neither of them chose to move or do any actions to provoke the amazoness, or the cat person leaving a casual hand on her weapon. Rota began to dart her eyes back and forth between the various people involved, and seemed about to grasp something from within her robe.

"A disease!" Jars spat out, still glaring. "Some new kind that seems to spread fast. The petty mayor here in Tyresia contacted Dian Cecht in Orario before their own government, probably because of how stringent the Rakian government could be. He'd probably have been booted disgracefully. For whatever reason, the mayor only ordered 11 of the potions to cure diseases. But I'm not here to ask questions, just deliver the goods and accept the payment."

Jar's steely eyes staring straight into Yuki, his glare only intensified more.

"Those monsters back there... I'm honestly not sure they're related! But I assure you, the gold the mayor promised is there, and so is your payment."