[Vanguard] Book 1 - Chapter 4.6: Other Travelers

Started by Throndir, January 30, 2020, 01:53:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pringerbeam

Yuki met Jars's glare with scrutiny.  "I think you're telling the truth.  That you don't really know anything else.  Which is why I think it's only fair that you give us a fifty percent raise.  And before you argue, I would rate the back-breaking avalanche of monsters and wild animals we have had fend off to be worth at least a doubling of our rate and given the sorry rate you seem to have been in when we found you, I think we have you at a greater disadvantage than you let on."  She let her blade hover half an inch closer to Jars.  "Do we have an understanding?"

Throndir

Rota began to move.

[info]Roll for initiative![/info]

pringerbeam

[info]Initiative[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+6 : 7 + 6, total 13[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

72 miles from Pyletus Village
Day 4 - Early Afternoon

[info][blockquote]Initiative 1d20+6 : 20 + 6, total 26[/blockquote][/info]

Mysticsage

[info]
Initiative
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+3 : 7 + 3, total 10[/blockquote]
[/info]

Asta

[info]Initiative:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 1 + 4, total 5[/blockquote][/info]

Linwelin

[info][blockquote]Initiative:  1d20+2 : 10 + 2, total 12[/blockquote][/info]

GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

Everyone sees Rota pulling out what looked to be an azure-colored finely-crafted shortsword.

[info]Mismy to take turn.[/info]
[spoiler=Combat]Initiative: Mimsy: 26, Yuki: 13, Jars, Eydis: 12, Rota, Taiga: 10,  Sotu: 5[/spoiler]

Throndir

Day 4 - Early Afternoon

Mimsy held her breath when the tensions rose up. The moment weapons were drawn, Mimsy quietly readied herself to pull her own out as well. If a fight were to break out, she would make sure that Sotu wasn't harmed. She narrowed her eyes when the azure shortsword was brought out, but chose to act after whatever it was Rota had planned.

[info]Mimsy delays until after Rota.[/info]

Throndir

[info]Yuki to take turn.[/info]
[spoiler=Combat]Initiative: Mimsy: 26, Yuki: 13, Jars, Eydis: 12, Rota, Taiga: 10,  Sotu: 5
Log
Round 1
Mimsy delays
Yuki to take turn[/spoiler]

pringerbeam

Whatever the sword was, Yuki sensed danger and tried to knock it out of Rota's hands before she had a chance to use it, ignoring Jars for a moment to deal with the threat.

[info] Standard action: attempt to disarm Rota of the sword. (Provokes aoo from Rota)[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+2 : 10 + 2, total 12[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

Day 4 - Early Afternoon

[error]Rota takes AoO, attacks with shortsword, deals 2 damage to Yuki.[/error]
[okay]Yuki proceeds with disarm, Rota drops shortsword.[/okay]
[info]Jars attempts to grapple Yuki, Yuki to take AoO.[/info]

[spoiler=Combat]Initiative: Yuki: 13, Jars, Eydis: 12, Rota, Mimsy, Taiga: 10,  Sotu: 5
Log
Round 1
Mimsy delays
Yuki disarms Rota, provokes AoO, takes 2 damage, successfully disarms Rota
Jars attempts grapple[/spoiler]

Mysticsage

Taiga hearing a part of the fighting cranes his neck but unable to split his attention from the road,[b] "Everyone calm down! Yuki, stand down!"[/b]

pringerbeam

"Jarsy, if you wanted to wrestle me naked, all you had to do was ask."  Replied Yuki as she swung the ring end of her kunai at Jars's leg.

[info] Trip as AOO (Jars entitled to AOO back)[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+2 : 18 + 2, total 20[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

Day 4 - Early Afternoon

Jars frowned as you maneuvered to trip him. As you moved to counter his attempt at grappling by tripping him, Jars kicked out hoping that your own maneuver would out-balance you enough.

[error]Jars take AoO, attempts trip, succeeds, Yuki is prone.[/error]
[okay]Yuki's AoO trip succeeds, Jars is prone.[/okay]
[okay]Jar's grapple attempt fails.[/okay]

Both of you fell down prone.

[info]Eydis to take turn.[/info]
[spoiler=Combat]Initiative: Yuki: 13, Jars, Eydis: 12, Rota, Mimsy, Taiga: 10,  Sotu: 5
Log
Round 1
Mimsy delays
Yuki disarms Rota, provokes AoO, takes 2 damage, successfully disarms Rota
Jars attempts grapple, provokes AoO, Yuki trips with AoO, provokes AoO, Jars trips with AoO. Success for both. Grapple fails.
Eydis to take turn.[/spoiler]