[Hanako] Chapter 11: Relationships

Started by Throndir, February 25, 2019, 03:45:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

"Hereth, thine country, tis a land of demons and demon sympathizers." She continued in her monotone voice.

"Filled with liars, tricksters. Such tis the nature of demons."

Asta

"Yeah, I mean there's probably one or two that aren't so bad..." Hanako replied, immediately making a mental note to keep this girl and Falah separated for now.

"No demons here though. Well, I mean we have one but shes sort of captive and pretty docile. I'm not overly concerned. Either way everyone here is decidedly anti-demon." She was rambling, and needed to get back on target. "Where are my manners though? My name is Hanako Okita, and supposedly I'm a hero. Which explains... uhh, your current situation. What's your name?"

Throndir

There was a long silence.

"Thou art a hero." Due to the monotone nature of her voice, you couldn't quite tell if that was a statement or a question. "Mine name, tis Kari Vollan."

Asta

Hanako smiled. "That's a nice name. Well Kari, or Ms. Vollan if you prefer, I'm sorry we seem to have gotten off on the wrong foot here, but let's try and get that corrected..."

Hanako tried to briefly summarize the current situation in the estate, making sure to mention that Akime was here as well. She hoped, that her explanation would make Kari at least open to not rampaging through the mansion in a fit of rage.

"... Anyway, that's the gist of it. Are you uhh... still inclined to hurt me?"

Throndir

There was a simple and short response.

"No."

It was at that moment that the doors opened wide with the two soldiers from before bringing back a first-aid kit. Right behind them was many others, most noticeably, Trudy on the front. She had since gotten dressed up back in her regular uniform.

"H-Hanako!" Trudy said, taking a deep breath, you noticed she had her weapon drawn. "I heard what happened, are you okay?" She asked as she narrowed her eyes at the valkyrie who was still kneeling.

Behind her you caught sight of a few others. Captain Dietrich was behind her as well as Akime. The captain had her pistols drawn, though Akime did not.

Asta

"Oh you know, just a little misunderstanding. These things happen." Hanako replied, seriously downplaying the last few minutes. "You can probably put those away, I don't think you'll need them."

She turned back to Kari. "If I take that collar off and release you, are you gonna attack anyone? No lying please, I'd like to imagine we've established a little bit of trust here."

Throndir

"O-okay..." Trudy said as she sheathed her weapon back. Captain Dietrich continued to have her weapons out. Akime continued looking at the scene, her face had a look of confusion.

"Why is she... kneeling so obediently?" Akime asked no one in particular, her voice barely above a whisper. She spoke in Isikawan, only you and Minette were able to understand her.

There was another long pause.

"Shalt this valkyrie ever only strike those that deserveth such a fate."

QuoteDiplomacy and Sense Motive requested

Asta

"Complicated explanation, I could probably tell you later." Hanako replied to Akime's question.

She took a moment to think chew over what Kari said, trying to suss out any kind of deception.

"Only people that deserve it huh..."

[info]Diplomacy: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+3 : 2 + 3, total 5[/blockquote][/info]

[info]Sense Motive: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+3 : 12 + 3, total 15[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

[info]Diplomacy: 5, Sense Motive: 15
The valkyrie didn't respond back. The valkyrie worded her response strangely, but as her voice was monotone, and her facial expressions completely neutral, it was hard to get a sense of anything much.[/info]

Asta

Hanako narrowed her eyes, she was never good at picking up on other people being untrue. Obviously she could force the valkyrie to answer honestly, but at this point it would just make her look like a badguy.

"Lemme ask something else. Who deserves it?"

Throndir

"Tis for sure. Demons. Their praisers, worshippers, sympathizers, and livings. Thou art a hero. Thou art wilt agreeth." Like before, you couldn't quite tell if that was phrased as a question or a statement.

Asta

"So what you're saying is, absolutely every demon you meet deserves death? There is no possibility that one might exist that is innocent?"

Why is everything these people do so black and white? Hanako through to herself, annoyed.

Throndir

"Pray tell has thou ever met an innocent demon." The valkyrie continued in her monotone voice.

Asta

"The one I mentioned before hasn't tried to do anything. She helps out around the house and all that. I think she was... how to put his politely... sheltered as a child?" Hanako said, thinking that Falah and Kari would probably end up in the same room before the end of this.

"I know you're about to say that she's deceiving me, so If I bring her in here and let you ask her things to confirm would that convince you? Naturally I'd make it so she couldn't lie."

Throndir

"Thou art a hero, but give thy protection to a demon." Like before, due to the monotone nature of her voice, you couldn't quite tell if it was a question or a statement.

"Bringeth thy demon."