[Hanako] Chapter 4: A Slaver's Deal

Started by Throndir, December 10, 2018, 09:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

You found that writing the contracts worked. One of the soldiers took particular interest in your writing. It was a demihuman with a very light-colored hair. You've heard her speak before, and you've exchange words, though you didn't really know her name.

"Your written language... it's pretty. Languages are fascinating..." The girl said mesmerized. "I'd like to learn it..."

Eventually, you managed to unlock 25 of the locks. Each of them recognizing you as their new owner. There was still 5 more that needed to be opened though.

[okay]Hanako Okita
Spellcaster
Level 15

Condition: Uninjured, Slightly Tired

HP: 28/28
MP: 1/34
STR: 18
DEX: 22
CON: 18
INT: 22
WIS: 12
CHA: 10
MAG: 22

Blessings: Quick Learner, Mana Sensitivity, Translate All, Personal Status, Item Speaker, Slavemancer[/okay]
QuoteRough Status
Hanako: Uninjured (lethal), Slightly Injured (non-lethal), Sleepy (mana)
[include u=2]Hanako Dmg Taken: 0
Hanako Non-Lethal Dmg Taken: 6
Hanako MP Used: 33
Trudy Dmg Taken: 0[/include]

Asta

Hanako finished the 25th contract and put the pen back in its inkwell. She was exhausted and took a second to rub her strained eyes when the pale haired soldier that had been hovering nearby spoke up.

Quote"Your written language... it's pretty. Languages are fascinating..." "I'd like to learn it..."

"Hmm? Oh, thank you. It's called Japanese, or the language is at least. The complicated looking characters are called 'kanji', these simpler ones that are sort of angular are 'katakana' and the ones that look kind of curvy are 'hiragana'. I'm not actually familiar with how your language is written so I don't know if you use an alphabet or syllabary but the hiragana are the latter. I'm told that it can be sort of overwhelming for foreigners but I can probably teach you if you're inter-..." Hanako replied, beginning to ramble the way she was prone when explaining something. She cut herself short however when she actually bothered to look over at the girl.

Melons.

Then she looked down and saw a triangle of white cloth.

"I'm sorry, I know we've spoken before but I don't believe I caught your name. Also, where are your pants?"

Throndir

"Me...? I am Minette... Oh?" She looked down, and noticed her white panties.

"Oh... I'm not sure where they are." Minette admitted. There was a slight blush of pink on her cheeks, but she surprisingly didn't seem to be as bothered, even when there were some male soldiers around.

"They're probably somewhere around there... or here... you know?"

"But... Jahp-Ahneese..." Minette said pronouncing it strangely. "And multiple kinds of writing? You... must teach me, yes..." She begged as she took your hands into hers, and pulled herself close.

"She's always like that... Don't worry about the pants-less or skirt-less thing, she does that often... We've all kind of gotten used to it already. But believe it or not, she has a sharp mind... Hanako, meet Klein's old accountant, Minette."

"Yes. That's me..." She said in her relaxed speech. "But will you teach me?"

You felt Trudy place a hand on your shoulder.

"Hanako should probably sleep first... She's been up for over 24 hours now..."

Asta

Hanako flushed bright red as Minette clutched her hands and drew in way too close. Y-yes, I'll uhhh... Y-yeah I can teach you sometime." she stammered, trying to find a place to look. "N-nice to meet you though, you can call me Hanako. I uhh, look forward to working together..."

What is this development...!

To Trudy she gave a weak smile and said "Is that so..."

When Trudy placed a hand on her shoulder and mentioned how long she had been up, the fatigue came on like the truck that had slammed into her three days ago. "You're right. I need to rest some and then get the rest of these cages open. I need to speak to everyone in the house after we get them open as well, so if we could assemble somewhere that everyone can fit that would be great."

Throndir

QuoteLet me know if there are other specific things you plan to do, but I'll go with:
1) Try to sleep for a few hours
2) Wake up to unlock
3) Have an all-hands meeting

Date: Day 3 - Time: Evening - 9 PM

"I'm a fast learner... But I can go as slow or fast as you want me to be." Minette said, smiling innocently.

"I can't tell if you're trying to make a joke or not..." Trudy said, but Minette didn't really respond.

Date: Day 3 - Time: Evening - 9 PM

You went back to your room, hopped in bed, attempting to get some rest. After about 30 minutes or so, it was then that you heard a slight commotion outside the door. They were trying to be quiet, but they were whispering fiercely. Whatever gave you the knowledge about slavery, and your other abilities, must have increased your senses as well, as you were easily able to make it out.

"I'll be the one going in, Hanako needs a guard."

"Yes... but just in case she wakes up in-time, she could teach me some things too... You are hogging the hero all to yourself... Save some for the rest of us..."

"I-I'm n-not hogging a-anything!" The first voice stuttered. "It's not like that, I just want to be here, just in case something happens."

"Well... the more of us guarding, the safer it is then... isn't it?"

"Y-yes... b-but..."

"Isn't... it?"

There was no response, other than a long drawn out sigh. Shortly after the room to your door started to creak open.

QuoteIf you choose to ignore and try to keep sleeping anyways, I'll continue the scene, let me know.

Asta

Mmmh? Hanako thought she heard someone talking in the hall, and before long the door to her room cracked open. It was Trudy and Minette up to something, but largely unconcerned Hanako pretended to stay asleep.

Throndir

"I'm glad she's still asleep..." Trudy said with a sigh of relief.

"Yes... You were being a bit loud, you see..." Minette replied back almost immediately.

"I wasn't!" Trudy whispered back fiercely.

"Shhh!" Minette responded. You had your eyes open just barely, and you could feel the movement of the two as both tried to quietly creep on towards you. Like before, Trudy set up her chair, and proceeded to sit down. She positioned herself to your right, in the same place she was the last time, when you caught her playing with your hair.

"W-wait, what are you doing Minette?" Trudy whispered, alarm in her voice.

As for the light-haired Minette, you realized that she wasn't wearing her uniform like Trudy. She seemed to be wearing something comfortable.

It wasn't her uniform at all. And it was way too revealing. You were fairly certain she wasn't wearing her pants either. Minette didn't respond to Trudy, and instead, put weight on the bed, while lifting the covers she began climbing in with you.

"Minette!"

Asta

...what.

Hanako's face burned a violent shade of red, and awkward panic made her sweat just a little. The fight or flight response in her brain was jumping back and forth between both choices and couldn't seem to make up its mind.

What is this!? I knew Trudy was acting a little weird the other day but this is something entirely different! When did I set this flag!? Am... Am I in the holy land, is this the dream? If I say it will I jinx it? ...H-harem...?

She decided to continue to fake sleep, just for a little while longer... Just to see how this played out...

Throndir

"This way... you can keep watch while rest comfortably, you see?" Minette replied softly.

Trudy was quiet for a moment, her face blushing. She eventually stood up abruptly. Then without a word quietly walked out of the room. Minette on the other hand, made herself comfortable, and seemed to scoot in closer.

QuoteLet me know if you decide to keep quiet or not, and I'll continue the scene.

Asta

The urge to stay quiet and see what would happen was strong, but hearing Trudy walk out of the room was enough for her to realize that she should probably put a stop to this. Hnnnnnngh...

Hanako opened her eyes all the way and made a comical 'eeep!' of 'surprise' before rolling quickly away and out of the bed, when she hit the floor she continued to do a sort of backwards somersault to a standing position much like when she awoke next to Erato and gulped before saying just loudly enough for Trudy to hear from the hall "Wuh-What's going on?"

Throndir

"Trudy and I decided to be your night guards" Minette replied, while still in your bed, she stretched.

"But... she ran out for some reason..."

Asta

"I... see" Hanako answered to both statements, while doing so she walked to the door of the room and looked out into the hallway to see if Trudy was still around.

What a development. I wonder if shes still here.

Throndir

When you looked out, you didn't see any signs of Trudy. However, there were two other guards posted at the door. The two of them looked like they were in the middle of a card game of some sort. When you appeared they turned towards you, stood up, and saluted.

"Ma'am!"

Asta

Trudy was gone, what that meant was up in the air really. Classic format would mean the next time they met she would probably be standoffish but this was real life.

Damn. Hanako thought, then re-entered the room.

"I uhh, I think I'll probably be okay to sleep on my own tonight the guards outside are probably enough..." she said to Minette. Truthfully she didn't really care if she was in the room, but it would have been difficult to sleep next to her knowing what little she had on.

Throndir

Minette began to rise out of the bed, though there was a slight hint of sadness in her expression.

"If... that's what you wish..."