《Chapter 6: Mendernich Sewers》

[info]《Summary

Characters Met
None

Returning Characters
Nyx
Rats

Information
Beneath the Mendernich sewers is a room with 6 orbs in a wall.

Developments
Amelia got sick.[/info]Location: Mendernich - Mendernich Sewers
Date: Day 3 - Evening

QuoteFeel free to mention any preparation you might have done before heading with Nyx to the sewers.

It didn't take you very long to make your way with Nyx towards the sewers. It was already getting late in the night, but Nyx purposefully used back-alleys, and avoided the crowds. Eventually he came upon the sewer entrance nearer the edge of the city. No one had seen you come in, at least to your knowledge, and venturing inside, it looked very much like an old-fashioned kind of sewers.

"Here we are... The Mendernich sewers. Did you like rats Amelia?"

He paused for dramatic effect.

"Because there's large ones here. Very large ones."

Mysticsage

[info]amelia's ac now 12 for this thread
[/info]
Amelia shuffles slightly under the padded leather armor it was the lightest thing she could find along with a dagger from the armory in such short notice.

Now staring in the dark of the sewers hearing the rush of running waters she was not sure how good an idea this was, in games sewer rats were the type of things that were used as starting creatures. Assuming that logic held true then this should be the best place to start training. That was assuming that rats were the only thing down here. "Hardy har har Nyx. I'm not going to be scared off by some rats if that is what you are asking. Though I would prefer to avoid a rat king." she said while pulling out her flashlight from her bag and turning it on to see better.

[info]Using the flashlight either as a directional light spell or a hooded lantern [/info]

Throndir

As you ventured deeper into the sewers, the smell assaulted your nostrils. Unlike in the video games you had played, the real world made use of the sense of smell.

"Not the nicest of places, but there are things I need to test... By the way Amelia, what's your level right now? And what level were you when you first woke up this morning?" Nyx asked, you also heard him quietly whisper 'Status' to himself.

QuotePerception requested

Mysticsage

"I'm pretty low I imagine level 7 I was level 6" Amelia said looking around curiously.

[info]
perception check as requested
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+2 : 9 + 2, total 11[/blockquote]
[/info]

Throndir

"Hmm... And what were you doing around... noon today? Was that when you gained a level?" Nyx asked peering curiously at you.

Mysticsage

I think so yes- Why do you ask? said Amelia trying to see shapes in the dark.

Throndir

"I see... Well, I have a theory. When you were out with the prince, I was actually exploring the city and these sewers. It was probably around noon when I ran into a group of rats and made short work of them. And once I did I gained another level. I'm actually level 17 now. I was level 15 when I first arrived however... I gained my first level when you were still unconscious."

"When I gain levels... you might be gaining some of it at the same time? I saw you playing those video games back in Seattle... Experience, right?"

Mysticsage

"That's right, experience-" she said staying on her guard the entire time in case of a surprise attack. When he said what level he was she didn't know whether to be relieved or insulted. Her rage was beginning to bubble before tamping it down. "I suppose that is one of the boons of being a chosen hero; starting at a higher level. If your theory is right, I wonder if the opposite is also true? That if I get exp so do you. I suppose there is only one way to find out."

Throndir

"There's other things to consider too... Like if proximity takes into affect, or what conditions there are for it to give experience. Like, what happens if I heal you in the middle of battle but don't attack? Or if I cast on you one of those strength increasing spells I saw one of the trainees use? Or what happens if I don't do anything at all but watch? How about if I cheer you on with my newly found gorgeous purring voice?"

You swear you could hear Nyx smiling.

"Just to confirm, other than 'Status' you don't really have any interesting abilities that you didn't have back at home?" Nyx said it hesitantly, trying not to upset you.

"If we find a rat, then you can handle it, and I'll watch? I'll jump in if I need to, but we can at least test that. That also brings into mind how we can tell if we're getting experience at all, or if leveling up really is the only way."

Mysticsage

"No, I don't have anything fancy but my own training," she said pulling out the dagger into her main hand. "Why don't you try playing with the menu system while I practice fighting assuming I don't need help and try to find an experience screen? Normally in games like this, there is a way to track that kind of personal information. If you can find any other kind of interesting information let me know. I'm looking to let off some steam-"

she paused for a moment, "and what do you mean strength spells did you learn something while you were roaming on your own?"

Throndir

"Spellcasting... yes. I haven't really experimented as much though. There was one of the court mages who cast that strength spell on one of the guards. I wanted to check with you earlier if you were able to cast magic... but whatever it is that made me level 15 while you were level 5, probably has something to do with the fact sensing and using mana comes easier to me."

QuoteAnother perception requested.

Mysticsage

"That's good to know if you want to test any none damage spells this is the time."

[info]
perception
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+2 : 14 + 2, total 16[/blockquote]
[/info]

Throndir

"Well... we're testing how experience works right? We can have your first kill without any help from me, and I'll just watch while I play around with the menu..."

[info]Perception: 16
You notice something the size of a small dog skittering further in the distance, rushing away from your flashlight when you shone it.[/info]"Looks like you found one."

Mysticsage

Amelia moving the flashlight to avoid drawing too much attention she will try to move to attack the rat if possible.

[info]will try to move to catch up with rat will double dash if I cannot attack it in one round.[/info]

Throndir

You managed to get up to it.

QuoteRoll initiative.
Attack and damage roll requested