[Charlene] Chapter 3: Dungeon Core 532

Started by Throndir, September 21, 2018, 01:31:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

"Kill them! Kill them til they die!" She exclaimed happily.

"But... they did kinda hurt you bad. I heard Dungeon Masters are supposed to be these scary beings... But at least you can still use the menu! That's something! Besides, that last attack you did worked."

When you stuck your head out the portal, your head popped out from the core again.

"It's her!"

They were about to take another slash at you, but all of a sudden your head moved. The portal where your head was sticking out from, suddenly changed directions.

"Don't get your head hit like that! You know, you don't have to appear from the dungeon crystal, it's just how its usually setup."

akicheeto

She kept saying Dungeon Masters were supposed to all powerful but Charlie is, well 'was' she supposes, a chocolatier. The only thing she was great at was making chocolate shaped things for shows and celebrations and such. She is not cut out to kill people. She nearly died just ten minutes in this new world.

"That goddess was on something, I swear. How is this a great way to repay someone they killed on accident?' Charlie grumbles as she pulls her head back into the room. "Wait, you're telling me that you can change where we come out of the portal? Put me behind them so I can get the element of surprise!"

Throndir

"Since you're the Dungeon Master, you can do it too! Just focus and imagine the opening to move! But here, I'll do it for you this time again..."

From inside the Master Room, the view of the mirror-like entrance then shifted, at first it was facing the intruders, but suddenly it flashed, and this time around, you were looking straight at their backs. From this vantage point, you were also able to see the Dungeon Crystal directly. Both men had their swords drawn, and looked like they would attack the next thing that would pop out from it.

akicheeto

"Oh, good to know."

Charlie pokes out of the portal and fires at the injured guy. "Please just die."

[blockquote]Attack roll 1d20+5 : 14 + 5, total 19[/blockquote]

[blockquote]If hits, damage 1d8 : 1, total 1[/blockquote]

Throndir

The crossbow bolt fired, hitting the injured man on the back. He yelped. And turned back, however, he didn't see anything.

"The hell!"

QuoteRough Status
Man 1: Injured
Man 2: Uninjured
Charlene: Uninjured
[include u=2]DP: 1
Gems: 75
Charlene HP: 0
Man: -10[/include]

akicheeto

"Oh come on, how many bolts does it take to kill a guy?" Charlie looks at DC with a frown as she reloads.

She tries the tactic one more time, imagining the portal on the other side of the men and tries to get an element of surprise.

[blockquote]Attack 1d20+5 : 5 + 5, total 10[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Damage 1d8 : 3, total 3[/blockquote]

Throndir

Your view returned back to the original place, though slightly higher. And you can see both men turning back towards the opposite wall. You fired your bolt again, but you it clinked off their armor.

"THE HELL! WHERE'S THAT COMING FROM?"

akicheeto

Charlie goes about this cheap method for a few more rounds until she manages to kill the first man.

[blockquote]Attack 1d20+5 : 12 + 5, total 17[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage 1d8 : 1, total 1[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Attack 1d20+5 : 12 + 5, total 17[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage 1d8 : 7, total 7[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Attack 1d20+5 : 4 + 5, total 9[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage 1d8 : 2, total 2[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Attack 1d20+5 : 5 + 5, total 10[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage 1d8 : 7, total 7[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Attack 1d20+5 : 14 + 5, total 19[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage 1d8 : 2, total 2[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Attack 1d20+5 : 4 + 5, total 9[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage 1d8 : 5, total 5[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Attack 1d20+5 : 20 + 5, total 25[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage 1d8 : 3, total 3[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Attack 1d20+5 : 17 + 5, total 22[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage 1d8 : 1, total 1[/blockquote]

Throndir

You continued to move the opening all over the cavern walls, never picking the same place twice. You eventually got into a rhythm as you continued to shoot, load, then shoot the bolts one after the other. The first man was already becoming a giant pin-needle, and it was then that they decided to start running.

"Damnnit! I thought you said this was a good place to ambush weak adventurers! It was supposed to be just freaking goblins!"

QuoteBoth men are about to take off, you have one more turn worth of actions to try to do anything to stop them.

QuoteRough Status
Man 1: Near Death
Man 2: Badly Wounded
Charlene: Uninjured
[include u=2]DP: 1
Gems: 75
Charlene HP: 0
Man 1: -20
Man 2: -15[/include]

akicheeto

"Are you kidding me?! How many bolts does it take to kill a man?!" Charlie shouts as she nearly throws her useless weapon across the room.

She sees the men making a run for it and debates letting go but...

"Screw it." Charlie jumps out of the portal right in front of them and fires once more. "Oh god please just die. Just one of you."

[blockquote]Attack 1d20+5 : 13 + 5, total 18[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage 1d8 : 4, total 4[/blockquote]

Throndir

You let your crossbow bolt fly, aiming at the mirror from the Master's room, the bolt flew straight into the mirror, then back out towards the room itself. The bolt hit one of the running men right in the skull, and the man was dead right at the doorstep to Dungeon Core 532's cavern dungeon. The other man, seeing his companion fall, hesitated slightly, but continued to run in fear instead.

"You got one!" She exclaimed happily.

"Now kill it!~" She smiled happily.

akicheeto

Charlie stares. Suddenly she's filled with disgust and...remorse? But like, it's almost kind of like how she feels when killing an unsuspecting bug.

"W-wha? Like should I shoot him again? I mean, he's already down."

Charlie scratches the back of her neck unsure. Then again, a slow death does sound like a shitty way to go, even if they did nearly kill her.

She steps over the man's body and pulls a bolt out and aims it between his eyes? No, his heart? That seems less gruesome than the face yeah?

She fires.

Throndir

The moment the bolt entered the man's heart, notifications appeared in a translucent green window.

[okay]You have gained a new title『Human Slayer』
You have gained +1 INT
You leveled up.
You leveled up.
You leveled up.
You leveled up.
You leveled up.
You are now level 20. Spend your unallocated points.
You have gained a new title『Sales Selector』
You have gained +2 WIS[/okay]Shortly after that, the body started to vanish, leaving only behind his clothing.

"Menu!" Dungeon Core 532 said. A moment later her features lighted up. "You're amazing!" She said, and all of a sudden you notice her hugging you from behind and clinging on to you. She hugged you really tight, and that's when you noticed that squeezing sharp crystals in between two bodies was painful.

[info]You take 1 non-lethal damage.[/info]
"302 DP! I can't wait to kill more!"

[include u=2]DP: 302[/include]

akicheeto

Charlie yelps at the unexpected pain not from just the hug but the crazy outfit DC is wearing.

"OW OW OW!" Charlie gasps for air and wiggles her way out of the tight embrace. She sucks in air through clenched teeth and takes a seat on the ground.

"So what does 302 DP get you? Is it a decent enough monster to kill for you? I think I want to leave and wander a bit. Would I be able to get back to you or do I have to stay in the Dungeon to do so?"

Throndir

"302 DP... Well, I can make a lot of things with that, but we can always make more goblins!" She said happily, as she began flipping through her own menu, invisible to you.

"You could wander around..." Dungeon Core 532 said. "But out there is usually dangerous to a Dungeon Master... Well, you do look like a human, so maybe it would be okay." She admitted.