Started by Throndir, September 13, 2018, 04:31:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

[info]Agility: 16
You manage to keep your footing.[/info]
QuoteTake your turn.

Order: Charlene, DM, Chloe

akicheeto

Charlie stops and looks back at Chloe in horror.

"Chloe move!"

QuoteCan I attempt to help Chloe out?

Throndir

QuoteRoll Agility, as an Aid Another, DC 10. You'll give her a +2 bonus to her own Agility check.

akicheeto

[blockquote]Agility Check 1d20+4 : 15 + 4, total 19[/blockquote]

akicheeto

[blockquote]Survival check 1d20 : 3, total 3[/blockquote]

Throndir

The lights started to flicker as the ceiling fell. You rolled into her, managing to just barely push her out of the way as the ceiling collapsed. A moment later, the large slab that made up the ceiling came crashing down, to where Chloe was standing just moments before. If you hadn't moved her, she would have probably been impaled on the spot.

You managed to save her. But as the ceiling came down, you realized that you had just taken her place instead. The beam above crushed your lower torso, roughly sending you into the ground, face first, as the weight of the ceiling strapped you securely in place. You felt something crack, and pain shot up your body. Your legs and feet were completely trapped. Chloe looked at you in panic.

All around you, surrounding you, was rubble. One part of the rubble was being held up by the living room table, which contained a TV remote, and a bag with a few slices of cake. Chloe sat in the middle as there was not enough space to actually stand up. And finally on the other end was you who was stuck and trapped. The ceiling's flickering light bulb was buried a few feet away, but enough of its light managed to shine into the new alcove of rubble you found yourself in.

QuotePerception requested

Rough Status
Charlene: Near Death
Chloe: Uninjured

akicheeto

Charlie could barely breath, she tries to move but it was no use.

"You need to get out of here!" Charlie wheezes.

[blockquote]Perception 1d20+4 : 4 + 4, total 8[/blockquote]

Throndir

"We're trapped! Oh my god, we're trapped! There's no wait out!"

At that moment, the flickering light went out. The electricity finally gave way, and there was no more light. All you could hear are sounds of sirens, along with loud rumblings and crashes. It seemed like many more buildings were being toppled over. Each resounding quake made rumbled the debris that was on top of you, and each tremor shot pains up your body.

To your horror, you realized you couldn't move your legs and feet, they were either completely stuck, or the pain in your back messed something up.

"Char? Char, are you there?" Chloe said, reaching out to where she had last seen you.

QuoteYour hands are free, you are also losing blood, and starting to feel light-headed.

akicheeto

Charlie stayed put. Struggling seemed to only make things worse.

"Kinda stuck here. Haven't moved since." Despite her predicament, Charlie was oddly calm. There was no way she was going to survive."Any chance the cakes are accessible? I...I'm probably not going to make it...to them so if you could hand me one that'd be fantastic."

She chuckled but that made the pain hurt even more.

Throndir

Chloe finally reached out, and you felt her hand on your cheek,

"Don't talk like that! Usually when things like this happen, they have a whole bunch of people to search for survivors!"

"Help! Someone help!" Chloe began calling out at the top of her lungs. A moment later, she had fished out her phone, and a light appeared.

"You can't be seriously thinking about cake Char!" Chloe said. "How bad is it?"

akicheeto

"I mean, I can't feel my legs and I'm literally stuck. Even if people do come searching it could be hours."

Charlie sighed and just laid her head on the ground keeping her eyes open was a chore.

"I'm suddenly tired." Charlie closed her eyes wanting to sleep.

Throndir

"Char?" Chloe called, but her voice felt like it was quieter than normal as you felt your body grow heavier. The wound that you had suffered felt numb as well. It felt like you were cold.

"Char!" Chloe called out. "I-is that blood? Char!"

This time, you didn't hear her. In fact, you couldn't hear or feel anything at all.

[info]Continue to Chapter 2: An Audience with God[/info]