[IC] Hellhounds in the City!

Started by Throndir, November 28, 2012, 09:58:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

As the cries of help got louder and more numerous, the sight of the plume of smoke came closer and closer. More and more injured townspeople, and even city guards, came running towards them fleeing from a threat still unseen by the party members. The group made a quick and brisk pace to their goal. Though the city was large, it didn't take the group long to finally hear the sounds of fighting. The crackling sounds of fire grew louder and louder as it mixed with the sounds of loud barks in the distance coupled with muffled cries of people.

Turning around a corner, you finally make sight of the hellhounds. There were two of them still far in the distance. They growled as they noticed the armed group of guild members coming towards them.

[spoiler]Rolls:
[spoiler]
Turn Order:
[blockquote]Players 1d20 : 20, total 20[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Enemies 1d20 : 2, total 2[/blockquote]
[/spoiler]

Stats:
[spoiler]
QuoteRound 1 in progress - Still to move: Branwen, Gralof, Kassadin, Kin Sheel, Ryine, Sophie Cain, Hellhounds

Damage Dealt
Spider: 25, dying

Spells/Abilities/Potions used since the day:
Branwen

Gralof

Kassadin

Kin Sheel

Ryine

Sophie Cain

Party HP
Branwen: 9/9,
Gralof: 15/15,
Kassadin: 10/10,
Kin Sheel: 11/11,
Ryine: 13/13,
Sophie Cain: 5/5,

Area Effects
[/spoiler]

Map:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Linwelin

Upon seeing the actual corpses of townsfolk, Kin's mindset changes. As much as he may pretend to hate people, he treasured the town and its people. His wild movements turned into calm and efficient ones as they ran forward. He meant this to be a battle this time, not a brawl, and decided to take command. "Ranged and casters, fire before they get close. Melee fighters, jump forward and defend after the ranged volley, then move to flank and pound them into the ground. We're taking these down fast before any more damage can be done."

The sudden cold demeanor came as a surprise, even more so when the orders actually made sense, coming from the wild fighter. The intensity of Kin's focused rage was almost tangible in the air; for the first time in a while, he wasn't kidding around.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Bootman

Kassadin mainly ignored Kin, taking her sword off of her back and slamming it into the ground, back hunched in a bestial posture as she waited for the right moment the strike. Hellhounds were certainly an interesting change of pace. She'd fought Firehounds once, but she was pretty sure those were just some really unlucky dogs.

Energy leapt from her fingers into her treasured blade, activating the magical runes embeded on both sides and making them glow bright green. Then her eyes glowed for the briefest instant with emerald light before a pale green aura wrapped around her weapon, adding to the powers of the crystal blade itself.

[spoiler] 2 PP spent to activate weapon. Next attack does extra damage. Psionic focus expended. Next attack does extra damage. The second a Hellhound gets within charge range, Kassadin will cut it off with her own charge attack. [/spoiler]

Throndir

[spoiler]Rolls:
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Stats:
[spoiler]
QuoteRound 1 in progress - Still to move: Branwen, Gralof, Kassadin, Kin Sheel, Ryine, Sophie Cain, Hellhounds

Damage Dealt
Spider: 25, dying

Branwen

Gralof

Kassadin
Deep Crystal Jovar (2 PP)
Psionic Weapon (Jovar)

Kin Sheel

Ryine

Sophie Cain

Party HP
Kassadin: 10/10, Psionic Weapon (inf), Deep Crystal Jovar (10 rounds)

Area Effects
[/spoiler]

Map:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

TheBigJon

Gralof quickly brandished his battleaxe and tower shield in front of him as they speedily walked towards the commotion.

Commotion was a huge understatement. It was chaos, and the horrifying scene set Gralof into a rage. Corpses were strewn about like rag dolls, and towspeople were dying as they walked the streets. A ferocious howl was heard in every corner from the town, coming from the minotaur. A murderous aura could be felt around him, and his eyes became daggers. Without thinking, he ran into the fray, roaring at the hellhounds as he neared.

[spoiler]Forgive me for not knowing what to put in these. I guess my move would be going towards the hell hounds for my turn.[/spoiler]

Throndir

[spoiler]I'm assuming you did a double move, since you can't qualify for charge as the distance is too great. So, 40 feet movement altogether.

Rolls:
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Stats:
[spoiler]

Damage Dealt

Branwen

Gralof

Kassadin
Psionic Weapon (Jovar)

Kin Sheel

Ryine

Sophie Cain

Party HP

Area Effects
[/spoiler]

Map:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Oath

"This is just awful. I am glad that we are going to be able to do something about this, though." I say as I look around at the carnage that these hell hounds have brought upon our normally peaceful town. Understanding that Sophie is quite fragile, I decide to try and protect her. I've never fought hell hounds and don't know what they are capable of, so I don't want to over extend myself and stick one foot in my own grave.

Moving a bit in front of Sophie I look back and say "Don't worry, I will help protect our more fragile members."

While what Kin was saying made sense, I wanted to hounds to approach us, rather than get into their faces myself. At a time like this, being cautious felt like the only answer.

Throndir

[spoiler]Rolls/Effects:
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Stats:
[spoiler]
QuoteRound 1 in progress - Still to move: Branwen, Gralof, Kassadin, Kin Sheel, Ryine, Sophie Cain, Hellhound 1, Hellhound 2

Damage Dealt

Branwen

Gralof

Kassadin
Psionic Weapon (Jovar)

Kin Sheel

Ryine

Sophie Cain

Party HP
Ryine: 25/25,

Area Effects
[/spoiler]

Map:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Bootman

Kassadin scowled and yelled out to the Minotaur. "Move back or else I won't be able to hit them!"

[spoiler] Kassie is kindly asking you to move back so that my readied action can trigger, please. [/spoiler]

Linwelin

Seeing his orders ignored didn't surprise him that much, as Kin wasn't that charismatic, nor well liked. He merely shrugged it off, preparing for the fight by drawing his infamous greatsword. He stepped forward and scowled as the dogs approached, not surprised when the minotaur stepped forward in a charge, nor when Kassadin burst out about him getting in the way.

"Fine, we do it the chaotic way." Kin gears himself up and a wide grin spreads across his face, "More fun that way, anyhow!"

With that, the halfling charged forward to stand alongside the minotaur, helping intercept the beasts.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Eireleen

"I will do as I please, halfling." Branwen began walking forward at a casual pace, as though the city wasn't being assailed before her very eyes. She seemed to be muttering to herself as she went, but in truth, it was a defensive orison. The words themselves seemed to wrap around her as the left her lips, warding her against some unseen threat. She would engage after her companions had made for the front lines. During the day, there was little she could do in terms of stealth - she wasn't foolish enough to try to sneak ahead in broad daylight. But that was why she had convenient allies such as the minotaur before her.

[spoiler]Branwen walks 25 feet east and 5 feet northeast, casts Resistance[/spoiler]

Throndir

As the two fighters moved forward to fight against the hellhounds, the hounds themselves started howling and yelping as they prepared for their next quarry and victim. The townsfolk had been easy slaughter for them, and their demonic fiery eyes glowed with anticipation as they rushed to meet the two combatants; an appetizer and the main course.

As they closed the distance, the hellhounds stpped just short of the charging minotaur, and released a fiery breath aimed at their target.

[spoiler]Rolls/Effects:
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Stats:
[spoiler]
QuoteRound 1 in progress - Still to move: Branwen, Gralof, Kassadin, Kin Sheel, Ryine, Sophie Cain, Hellhound 1, Hellhound 2

Damage Dealt

Branwen

Gralof

Kassadin
Psionic Weapon (Jovar)

Kin Sheel

Ryine

Sophie Cain

Party HP
Kassadin: 10/10, Psionic Weapon (inf), Deep Crystal Jovar (10 rounds), Readied action (charge)

Area Effects
[/spoiler]

Map:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Throndir

In sync, the two hellhounds breath their fire at the minotaur. Luckily, Gralof was able to dodge one of them, but the other breath attack managed to burn the minotaur.

[spoiler]Rolls/Effects:
[spoiler]
Gralof takes 5 fire damage.
[/spoiler]

Stats:
[spoiler]

Damage Dealt

Branwen

Gralof

Kassadin
Psionic Weapon (Jovar)

Kin Sheel

Ryine

Sophie Cain

Party HP
Branwen: 9/9, resistance (10 rounds)
Gralof: 10/15,
Kassadin: 10/10, Psionic Weapon (inf), Deep Crystal Jovar (10 rounds), Readied action (charge)

Area Effects
[/spoiler]

Map:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Oath

Seeing that the so called front line of the group had come under attack it would seem that waiting for the hell hounds to come to us was no longer an option. I move quickly in order to hopefully catch up and stop people from doing something they might regret.

[spoiler]I move one square north-east, and 7 squares east in a double move action. [/spoiler]

Throndir

[spoiler]Rolls/Effects:
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Stats:
[spoiler]
QuoteRound 2 in progress - Still to move: Branwen, Gralof, Kassadin, Kin Sheel, Ryine, Sophie Cain, Hellhound 1, Hellhound 2

Missed Turns
Sophie Cain: 1

Damage Dealt

Branwen

Gralof

Kassadin
Psionic Weapon (Jovar)

Kin Sheel

Ryine

Sophie Cain

Party HP
Branwen: 9/9, resistance (9 rounds)
Gralof: 10/15,
Kassadin: 10/10, Psionic Weapon (inf), Deep Crystal Jovar (9 rounds), Readied action (charge)

Area Effects
[/spoiler]

Map:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]