Pokémon Training & Daily Attempts (Last refresh: 2/24/16)

Started by Throndir, December 23, 2014, 05:02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ella

Letina Rae Desl?geech

"Three! ... Two! ... One!" Letina called out, tossing a rock as far out over the water as she could. Blaise eyed it for a moment before spitting out a glob of fire at it. The little blazing ball had nearly missed its target, instead knocking it off its coarse so it shot away at an odd angle. So far, it was one of his better hits. Being true to her word, the Pok?mon breeder in training had found a place near the shore of the river where not many people frequented so she could train her Torchic's fire abilities. They had already done this training a few times before, though it had been just herself and Blaise. This time, she had brought Quilz along, and Blaise was having fun showing off to his companion.

"Quil!" Quilz called to Blaise from her position on Letina's lap, praising his hit. She participated earlier in the day, after watching Blaise demonstrate how it was done. It was obvious that she also needed this kind of training, but Letina did not want to make Blaise upset by concentrating on the other Pok?mon when this was originally his own special training. In the future, she would work with Quilz more on this.

"Good job, Blaise!" Letina echoed Quilz's praise. The little chic preened himself with pride, but not for long. He quickly took stance once again, ready for Letina to toss another rock. "Three! ... Two! ... One!" And so, yet another rock flew into the air. Yet another little ball of fire flew out of Blaise's mouth, heading right for it. This time, the fire ball missed. Almost as if the Torchic had gotten too cocky from the praise. Upset from the failure this time, he spat out another fireball over the water before plopping himself down. It had been a long day of training for them, maybe it was best if they stopped for the day. She didn't want her "win"-loving Blaise to get too cranky from not making successful shots all the time.

"Hey, Blaise, Quilz, are you guys hungry? Lets go back and eat." Happily, both Pok?mon agreed, Blaise running towards Letina to hop in her lap. Looks like he wanted to be carried back again.

Ella

Miera Fieren

Day 31

Today, I followed a suspicious looking grunt named Kedric. It turned out to be a total waste of time. I was not sure what to expect at first, I just knew that he often leaves base on his own. Any normal person who consistently leaves almost every day would most likely be on some kind of mission that required daily participation. Well, this guy was certainly on a mission, just not on one for Team Rocket.

Not long into my shadowing him, he halted, looked around, then proceeded to proclaim that "this will do." Without further hesitation, he called out his Sandshrew, who is apparently called Digger, and pulled a shovel out of what seemed like nowhere. Laughing, he told his Pok?mon that they would dig there. So they did, all the while Kedric talked to himself about how awesome this was going to be and other nonsensical things. They dug and they dug, and when the hole was so deep that I could barely see Kedric's head, I went forth from my hiding space.

Without bothering to make my presence known, I asked him why he was digging the hole. Perhaps he had been ordered to dig holes and then cover them up as traps to catch unsuspecting Pok?mon to give to their newbies. Or maybe they were for some other reason. I forget what his reason was, it was too stupid to bother remembering. Obviously nothing related to Team Rocket. And yet, I still found myself being dragged into helping him dig a second hole - he had pulled yet another shovel out of nowhere - with Vesper along side me. It was good enough training for Vesper.

There was no point in reading over what she had written in her journal today. It was all pointless to report to Maxie, most of it being fluff. At the end of the month, she would shorten it to something along the lines of "some grunts go out just to dig pointless holes in the middle of nowhere during their spare time," and she was sure that would be enough to explain how stupid most Rocket grunts were.

Vesper lay sleeping in her lap, tired from half a day of digging. ... She could let him sleep a bit longer.

Throndir

Nena Ains / Fayleen Ains

That test was hard! I really really really hope I do well in it... I did study for hours! Nena inwardly thought to herself as she made her way out of the class. I hope the new teacher Ms. Firestart isn't going to be like this the entire year...

The young nurse-trainee was deep in thought as she dodged other students making her way through the corridors and hallways. So lost was she in he own thoughts that she had almost missed seeing her sister who sat leaning against a wall juggling a few Pok? Balls. Luckily, she had seen her sister Fayleen from the corner of her eye. At first she was surprised. Fayleen was officially a student at the Xan Academy, but unlike Nena, her sister skipped classes, and disappeared out into the open world and wilds for weeks at a time. Not that it was a problem as their particular academy had very lax rules on attendance, sticking with their motto that practical applications come first. The academy had no age restrictions as well, which was why trainers of all ages were welcome, which only furthered helped the fact students were free to come and go as they please.

"Fay-" Nena was about to say, but she stopped the moment she saw that her sister's Ralts was also out juggling? At least the three balls it had also moved on their own accord, without any seemingly physical movements of the Ralt's small arms. It didn't take the student long to figure out what was happening however.

She sent out Vulpix quietly then, and when Kippy appeared, she whispered into her ear.

"Let's creepy quietly and scare her okay?" She asked, Kippy responded by wagging her tail which she took as an affirmative. With that, she moved on forward, as she quietly kept close to the wall, hoping to surprise her elder sister. Perhaps give her a scare too! The idea made Nena giggle inwardly to herself.

"I already see you Nena!" Fayleen said the moment Nena took her first few steps creeping up on the wall.

"A-ah..." Nena couldn't help but sound a bit disappointed. At that moment, Fayleen changed the momentum of her juggling.

"Think quick!" Fayleen said as she shot up the three balls to where Nena had stood.

"W-wh- Ah!" Nena barely caught on to the first ball, but from her sister's well-aimed throw, it made the task that much easier. Nena at first looked as if she would have struggled to keep the balls afloat, but as the other two balls came her way, she quickly fell into rhythm, having the make-shift juggling balls continue their pattern.

Fayleen smiled - Nena couldn't have seen it, far too focused was she in juggling. She couldn't do it as well as her sister could of course. Fayleen then proceeded to pull out another set of balls for her to juggle. Soon enough the three of them had been juggling, with an anxious Vulpix staring at the spectacle. Nena broke the continued silence, being more familiar with the old skill her sister had forced her to learn when they were younger.

"This is the first time I see you in weeks and this is what we do?" Nena asked.

"It's pretty fun right?" Fayleen replied innocently. Nena looked like she was going to say something, but from her silence was apparent that she changed her mind soon after.

Nena just sighed.

Throndir

[spoiler=Kedric's Diggers' Pick Up][blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 20, total 20[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Throndir

Throndir

Kedric Larns / Nena Ains / Fayleen Ains

The student strolled the grounds of the Xan Academy. He had just finished digging one of his finest holes when he realized it was already getting late in the day. He had met a particularly interesting Team Rocket member during that day's digging, someone he had seen occasionally during his random strolls throughout the Team Rocket's complex. He vaguely recalled her asking why he had dug holes. Kedric couldn't help but be amazed at the seemingly apparent answer.

"Because it's glorious!" He said loudly, laughing as he did so. More than a few students looked strangely his way, though most of them did their best to ignore him, or making sure that they didn't have any eye contact. It was then that a familiar voice called out to him.

"U-um... Kedric!" Nena said, doing her best to raise her voice and get Kedric's attention. The young rocket-member-turned-student looked at his classmate. Both Nena and her sister were there for once, both of them seemed to be... juggling? When Kedric neared he realized that they had indeed been juggling, Pok? Balls at that.

"Nice trick you two have..." Kedric said examining both girls carefully and closely, perhaps a bit too close. Nena smiled, though Fayleen had a habit of occasionally looking away.

"You're going to break my concentration you know, staring so closely like that..." She momentarily caught Kedric's eyes, and she quickly turned away.

"I have a pretty nice trick too." Kedric said as he summoned his Sandshrew, Digger out. "Okay Digger. Get me something awesome!" With that Sandshrew made a scuffling sound as it disappeared into the hallways of the school. Kedric continually had a grin on his face, and as soon as Sandshrew appeared again a few minutes later, he knew that his Pok?mon did well. In its mouth looked to be some sort of CD case, and as the Sandshrew got closer, the trio realized that it was a TM. A TM with a red tag that distinctly said 'Property of the Xan Academy'.

"HAHAHAHA! Glorious!" Kedric said lifting his Sandshrew high in the air, spinning it around as the two twirled in a make-shift dance. "SIMPLY GLORIOUS!"

"Do you think he'll return that?" Nena whispered to her sister.

"Probably not." Was Fayleen's reply. They both shrugged.

The day soon ended, Pok? Balls packed, and school supplies tidied, with the Ains sisters simply sighing and shaking their heads. All the while Kedric's laughter continued to echo loud and clearly for the entire school to hear.

Millie Firestart

Where is it? Where is it? Why can't I find it? Ms. Firestart frantically looked over through her things but try as she might she wasn't able to find that particular item she was looking for. She searched her desks, her office, the various classrooms she'd been in, as well as retracing her steps throughout the entire day. But to no avail.

The TM was simply... gone.

Throndir

Throndir

QuoteNew daily round begins! NO free items this round - we have enough potions and pok?balls.

Linwelin

Daniel was scratching his chin while looking at Bolt, thinking of how next to train him. "Well, we've already done endurance training throughout the week, and speed training. There's no point in doing more of it, or your body wouldn't have the chance to rest. Then Daniel snapped, the idea leaping into his mind. "Right, you still can't use electricity offensively very well, can you?" Bolt hesitantly agreed. And Daniel smiled. not a sinister smile, but a proud one. How had I not seen this before?

An hour later, they were outside the town, facing a decent sized tree. "Alright, so you can't properly charge electricity just yet, but why not try to simulate a move like that until you learn it. What I want you to do practice charging yourself with electricity and tackling with a struggle attack. At first start by lunging at the air. Once you've got that down, start hitting that big tree over there, and try to time the peak of your energy spike with hitting the tree." Of course, Daniel went through the motions of it somewhat to show what he meant. Even he knew that was a bit to take in.

"And, of course, do this well and you get treats. You've earned those rights back for a reason, right?" Daniel said with a smile, and Bolt sucked up his drool before beginning training.

[spoiler]Train Bolt for an hour.[/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

QuoteNena, Fayleen, and Kedric train. RP posts later.

[spoiler=Kedir's DIggers' Pick Up][blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 6, total 6[/blockquote][/spoiler]

QuoteResolved Daniel, Nena, Fayleen, and Kedric.

Throndir

QuoteKedric recieves:
X Speed
Increases the Pok?mon?s Speed by two Combat Stages
$ 350

Burdenking

Oreah sets down for the night, and trains Her Mudkip and Soren individually over the course of 2 hours

Ella

Letina Rae Desl?geech

Today, Letina decided to let Quilz and Blaise rest. She left them with her grandparents in their day care center so that they could play and perhaps meet other trainer's Pok?mon on more friendlier terms than a battle. Having recently caught a Houndour, she wanted to learn more about her without interference from the other two.

Arriving at her location, a place north of the town just before the desert, she called out her Houndour. She had already called her out before, giving her a nickname that she seemed okay with and apologizing for the events surrounding her capture. Coalee had not been very pleased that Letina had separated her from her companions, which Letina could not blame her for. During that time, Blaise and Quilz had also been out and Quilz had decided that Coalee would make a good cuddling companion, waddling up to her and giving her as big a Cyndaquil hug as she could. This had helped a little to ease Coalee's mind about her new companions and home.

Out of her Pok?ball, Coalee immediately took on a defensive stance, looking around cautiously for any dangers before moving over to where Letina stood. She gave a bark of satisfaction that the coast was clear and then proceeded to sit down to wait for Letina's instructions.

"Alright, Coalee, show me what all you can do!" Letina already knew that the Houndour could use attacks such as Ember and Leer in battle from having watched her in their first encounter, but she was sure Coalee had other talents, too. It looked like Coalee had decided to show off her power of tracking, as she turned to face the slight breeze so she could better sniff the air.

[spoiler=Perception Check for Tracking] This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 2d6+1 : 5, 5 + 1, total 11[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Quilz and Blaise]Letina leaves Quilz and Blaise at the daycare center while she tests and trains Coalee. Perhaps they'll breed?
EDU Pokemon: [blockquote]Rolled 3d6+5 : 1, 3, 4 + 5, total 13[/blockquote]
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20 : 3, total 3[/spoiler]

Ella

Miera Fieren

Dodging to the left, Miera darted away and circled back around. "Too slow again, Vesper!" She called out to her Pok?mon. "Take time to observe my movements and pick up your speed!" She held up the prize Vesper had been trying to take, a Pecha berry, hoping to entice him to try harder. She knew he could be faster than that. Sometimes, the girl wondered if Vesper was not giving his all just to fail on purpose. Though why he would do something like that was beyond her. Maybe he thought she would go easier on him if he did not seem as good as she knew he was. Lazy feline.

Some might say she was not fair to the little Pok?mon, expecting so much from it so early on. No one ever said anything like that when she was a little girl, being trained to be a ninja. She tried and tried again until she finally succeeded. And she could not succeed just once and then move on, just in case it was a fluke. She had to succeed many times before she was allowed to move to the next level. She would train her Pok?mon the way she was trained. If anyone had a problem with that, they could taste her foot.

Vesper eyed his mistress as she moved. He was a little upset that he had failed to snatch up the current object of his desire, but not as much as he suspected she might wish he was. Miera had been working with him to better train both his speed and his "covet" attack for both battle and non-battle mission purposes. According to her, being able to steal an item from someone else could determine whether or not they could complete a mission. The little feline had been failing to meet his mistress' standards thus far, being too hasty in his actions most of the time. It was his nature, after all. It made it hard to take the time to observe and whatever else he was supposed to do before moving in for the steal. Other times, he was just not giving it all of his effort.

Truth be told, he actually enjoyed the time spent with Miera like this. It was one-on-one quality time, nothing like the other forms of "training" she had him do. He was not even sure how some of the things could be considered training. Like digging holes. That was a weird day of training. Luckily, Miera had not joined up with that particular trainer since then. It was not like Miera's usual sort of training, either. Usually, she concentrated on things like Speed, Special Attack, and raising his Health Points. But the digging was more like a... physical training. Either way, Vesper had not enjoyed it and he was pretty sure his mistress had not enjoyed it, either. Good riddance to experimental training sessions like that one.

Shaking himself from his thoughts, Vesper turned his attention back to Miera and the berry in her hand. She always seemed to dart to the left or right when he ran at her. What if he watched for which way she seemed most likely to turn as he ran at her and then boosted his speed in the direction he predicted? Yeah! He would try that!

By the time her Espurr had shaken himself out of his thought, Miera had run back into her starting place. She noticed as he observed her stance and movement, wondering what was going on in his little head. When he started to run for her, she once again darted to the side. This time, however, she found herself tackled by her little grey ball of fluff and the berry was snagged from her hands. A wet tongue made its way up her cheek before the little feline sat down beside her to enjoy his prize. Sitting up, she watched him eat. A small smile spread across her lips and Miera placed her hand on top of Vesper's head. "Good job."

They would take a break for now, but training was nowhere near over. Vesper still had to do that at least one more time before she would call an end to their training. Preferably five more times, but they would see...

Throndir

QuoteExp resolved for Oreah, Letina, and Miera. Bonus exp given to Letina and Miera for roleplaying.