[Amelia] Chapter 7: Bath-Time

Started by Throndir, December 02, 2018, 04:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysticsage

Amelia smiled but did not laugh, "You know what I don't think you are boorish at all in fact I think being good at sword fighting makes you a far more interesting lady then any other princess who is just a living doll. I think we all need to embrace what is unique about us and channel it positively because otherwise we are depriving the world of something because you are worried about how you look. If you love something and it's not morally wrong  then nothing in the world should stop your dreams. "

Just look at me  she said swimming a little away from Matilda to give her a good look at her body. "I've been learning how to fight with just my bare hands let alone a sword since I was a child and I don't think I look less like a lady do you?"

"And it certainly does not affect if I act like a lady or not. Amelia said with a smile.

"As for not wanting to hurt Kurt's pride or diminish his efforts, I don't think you need to worry. Every one who learns how to fight and really practices at it knows their are stronger opponents that can beat them. Losses are what makes you stronger in the long run versus winning. People who devote themselves to something will not let setbacks stop them from reaching as far as they can."

" I don't think Kurt is so half hearted as to be easily broken. In fact if you offered to train with him on a regular basis I think you would help him grow tremendously. He could learn from you make a style that is unique to him that lets him fight you as an equal. But he can't do that without your help Matilda. To grow you have to have a goal to strive for. And even if you don't want to fight you would be happy to because you'll get to spend some personal time alone with him helping him in ways only you can."

"Would you think about asking your brother if he wanted a sparing partner for the next month, don't hold anything back your talent your desire to help him, and i'm sure you will both be better off for it. So long as you actually try and don't get nervous or play pranks on him. Meet his effort and work on equal terms and you'll both come to understand each other and your selves."

[info]diplomacy check

to start convincing Matilda that there is more to being a girl then just being cut and that if her goal is to look after her family she should be helping Kurt (and others train)
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+8 : 17 + 8, total 25[/blockquote]
[/info]

Throndir

"That's... true, I guess... It still makes me feel a bit conscious of it... But I'll give it a shot. I don't think anyone else knows other than you about this. How... how do you think I should break it to him? My brother, I mean..."

"But you're right... This New World is full of monsters and those demons, it wouldn't be right of me to keep my talents hidden from everyone... But still..." Matilda swam a short distance towards, then reached out for your hands.

"I'd still be your little sister, right?"

Mysticsage

Amelia laughed at that last remark, "You will be even more like a little sister from my family that way. All of us Reinharts are known to be passionate oddballs."

Amelia took the other girls outstretched hand warmly as she continued, "As for what to tell Kurt I suggest the truth about your feelings and wanting to help him. He may be hesitant at first after all you are his little sister and he wants to protect you, but I think he has a better eye for talent then he lets on. He probably has his own suspicions family often knows us better then we know ourselves. Ask him to let you spar with him once and go all out he'll see the difference and most likely let you continue. And if all else fails I can help you talk to him."

Throndir

"Alright... Okay, well, when I have time to do it later today, I'll try it."

QuoteWe can increment the chapter whenever, just let me know what you want to do/plan to do for the rest of the day, possibly the rest of the week.

Mysticsage

[info]
Will go to breakfast with my friend's list open to try and add Kurt and the king if possible and then I want to go to the queen's room to see if I can attempt to add her.

we can either play out breakfast or just move to me and the king in the queen's room if adding her is successful I want to try to communicate to her psychically before having that meeting with the king and going to the treasury.
[/info]