[IC] Day of Giving Raffle

Started by Throndir, December 10, 2014, 07:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linwelin

[spoiler=Oh Lady Luck, who normally doesn't smile on me, please do it just this once][blockquote]Rolled 1d120 : 5, total 5[/blockquote][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

As Vladimar took up the stage and handed the ticket to Arelia, the guild's banker read the parchment.

"Looks like our next winner is Nyuko Nyun!" She said as she pulled out another item from the largest basket next to her. This time around it looked like a simple plain box.

Nyuko who was at first alighted with excitement over the proclamation lost a bit of his elation at the sight of a plain-looking box. He still went over and grabbed it however.

"Inside the box-nya?" Nyuko asked as he proceeded to attempt to open it. But inside was nothing at all. His already damaged spirit, sunk even lower as he looked back at Arelia with the most pitiful eyes ever.

The banker responded with laughter instead, but she beckoned him to an open space on the stage.

"Now leave the box on the stage. And the command word might sound stupid, but blame the wizard who created it." She leaned over to Nyuko's ear.

"Big..?" With that, the box sitting on the floor started to unravel. Nyuko and Arelia both took a step back as a moment later, it became a 10-ft long boat.

"Saying the next command word, makes it even bigger, but don't do that here..." Nyuko smiled, excited with his new gift, and as he spoke another command word to shrink it, Arelia pulled out the smaller basket of tickets once again.

"The last drawing! For the shard this time. Anyone want to try their luck?"

QuoteNext person to post, other than Mysticsage or Linwelin, please roll a 1d119.

Boat, Folding: A folding boat looks like a small wooden box?about 12 inches long, 6 inches wide, and 6 inches deep. It can be used to store items like any other box. If a command word is given, however, the box unfolds itself to form a boat 10 feet long, 4 feet wide, and 2 feet in depth. A second command word causes it to unfold to a ship 24 feet long, 8 feet wide, and 6 feet deep. Any objects formerly stored in the box now rest inside the boat or ship.
In its smaller form, the boat has one pair of oars, an anchor, a mast, and a lateen sail. In its larger form, the boat has a deck, single rowing seats, five sets of oars, a steering oar, an anchor, a deck cabin, and a mast with a square sail. The boat can hold four people comfortably, while the ship carries fifteen with ease.
A third word of command causes the boat or ship to fold itself into a box once again.
Faint transmutation; CL 6th; Craft Wondrous Item, fabricate, creator must have 2 ranks in the Craft (shipmaking) skill; Price 7,200 gp;Weight 4 lb.

December 1 to December 15

Throndir: 33
Linwelin: 22
Mysticsage: 10
Ella: 9
Kirhart: 5
Zultar: 5
Burdenking: 3
Mumble Dragon: 3
TheChugsBoson: 2
Lance: 2
kitkat27: 2
Oath: 1
Neko: 1
Low: 1
Eireleen: 1
Lightningsun: 1
Kain: 1
Emperor Wilbers: 1
Shmar: 1
Wolfrin Fenris: 1
Joxcab: 1
InhumanRonin: 1
Manzokushi: 1
Grimston: 1
TheBigJon: 1
Jemmermoore: 1
Dragoonia: 1
Ihm: 1
Bootman: 1
Lightspeed15: 1
Terra: 1
Argonian: 1
AeroArt: 1
Milk: 1

Lance

[spoiler=Raffle Roll]
Lyolf: [blockquote]Rolled 1d119 : 87, total 87[/blockquote]
[/spoiler]
"A wish? Okay, genie, make me a ham sandwich."

Throndir

When Lyolf had came up. Arelia kept her eyes trained well on the wizard. Anyone who knew Lyolf, knew that whenever he was concerned something weird usually happened. It was almost an unconscious reflex as most of the guild too developed a similar reaction to the mage. He had his usual smile, and looked as if was going about his daily business. Which of course, more than worried the guild members around him.

"No funny business now Lyolf." Arelia said, her tone of voice annoyed.

The wizard simply nodded, and he slowly pitched his hand into the basket, rummaging it around for a few seconds. He went about this for the new few more seconds, and even Arelia had began tapping her foot. Lyolf of course continued his innocent smile. Then all of a sudden the flap on his sleeve seemed to open up, and before anything else could have been done, a flood of small pieces of paper came flowing from the opening of his sleeve into the basket. Arelia cried out in alarm, and quickly pulled the basket away. But the damage was done.

"Back!" Arelia shouted. Fiercly annoyed, she began to draw the names from the basket herself.

"Lyolf." She said, reading the text on the ticket. She quickly threw it behind her.

"Lyolf." She said once again after she pulled the next one. She threw that away too.

"Lyolf." At this she paused. Her features visibly annoyed. You swore there was a vein on her temple. There was a hush of silence as Arelia closed her eyes, and slowly, ever so slowly placed the basket down on the floor. It was excruciatingly painful watching the movements, the seemingly calm facade was covered in a thick tense atmosphere.

"You had better explain yourself." Her voice had a double tone to it, as if there was a more malicious and deeper sounding voice mixed in with her own speech. But as she waited for an answer, a ticket had appeared in front of her. It read:

Lyolf.

Needless to say, the tirade went on for a couple longer, the guild thoroughly enjoying the antics. Soon enough however, a new ticket was pulled, this time (and after Arelia had calmed herself), she read outloud the true winner of the shard.

"Zultar!"

[spoiler]Shard of Keen Edge
Next attack is treated as a natural 20, crit confirmation still applies 1/day.

Zultar, update your inventory sheets.

Next drawing will be after the 20th. Post as much as you can![/spoiler]

Throndir

Like before in the first drawing, Arelia called the guild again another two hours later. She had already filtered out the previous tickets, removing all the ones with Lyolf's names on them, and adding only legitimate ones, but even then she still looked thoroughly annoyed. The wizard had overloaded the basket with too many false tickets, and with the amount of members the guild had, she literally spent the last two hours shuffling through the basket.

Just thinking about it made her angry as she placed her hands together and popped them. Oh the wizard would pay, she'd make sure of that.

"We'll pick out three names, the third will receive another shard. Someone take a ticket. And no. Not you Lyolf." Arelia said, eyeing the wizard who happened to stand too near the stage.

QuoteNext person to post please roll a 1d107

Throndir: 1 + 16 + 3 + 1 +1 +1= 23
Mysticsage: 1 + 17 = 18
Linwelin: 1 + 15 = 16
Ella: 1 + 8 = 9
Erynn: 1 + 3 = 4
Burdenking: 1 + 3 = 4
Zultar: 1 + 2 = 3
Lance: 1 + 1 = 2
kitkat27: 1 + 1 = 2
Mumble Dragon: 1
TheChugsBoson: 1
Kirhart: 1

Mysticsage

It was Kryas this time who walked up onto the stage. "If no one has any objections I might as well take a turn at seeing what fate holds for the Guild." Kryas reached his hand into the basket and swirled it around before pulling out a folded slip.

[spoiler][blockquote]Rolled 1d107 : 75, total 75[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Throndir

As Kryas reached into the bag and pulled the name out for Arelia to see. Her features shifted from one of surprise and shock, and then it slowly showed the signs of annoyance. The ticket Kryas had dangled in front of her read:

"..." She paused, and the rest of the crowd looked at her expectantly. Each of them wanting to be called as the winner.

"Lyolf." Her tone of voice was glum, and it was full of annoyance.

Lance

His smile never went away. In fact, it only grew wider with every nuanced iteration of his own name. By the time Kryas had taken the next ticket and held it aloft to be read by the guild accountant, Lyolf was beaming.

Thus, the elf slowly sauntered back up to Arelia and hoisted the ticket up for all the world to see. For as the guild banker soon learned...

[spoiler=There is no denying a mage his prize.]

http://www.youtube.com/v/RkzA1IYdqO8&autoplay=1
[/spoiler]
"A wish? Okay, genie, make me a ham sandwich."

Throndir

"I swear Lyolf! That had better be a real ticket. AND WIPE THAT STUPID SMILE OFF YOUR FACE!" Arelia's voice was darker and deep, but the rest of the crowd simply continued to laugh.

QuoteNext person roll 1d106

Lyolf receieves:

Rod of the Python
Python: This rod is longer than normal rods. It is about 4 feet long and weighs 10 pounds. It strikes as a +1/+1 quarterstaff. If the user throws the rod to the ground (a standard action), it grows to become a giant constrictor snake by the end of the round. The python obeys all commands of the owner. (In animal form, it retains the +1 enhancement bonus on attacks and damage possessed by the rod form.) The serpent returns to rod form (a full-round action) whenever the wielder desires, or whenever it moves farther than 100 feet from the owner. If the snake form is slain, it returns to rod form and cannot be activated again for three days. A python rod only functions if the possessor is good.
Moderate transmutation; CL 10th; Craft Rod, Craft Magic Arms and Armor, baleful polymorph, creator must be good; Price 13,000 gp.

Lyolf, updated your character sheet.

Throndir: 23
Mysticsage: 18
Linwelin: 16
Erynn: 4
Burdenking: 4
Zultar: 3
Lance: 1

Linwelin

"Oh, he'll never do that, Arelia!" Kin, Lyolf's roommate, shouted from the back. "Believe me, I've tried to make him before. It's best to just turn away and try not to notice it." What Kin was saying was fairly sympathetic, HOWEVER he was restraining himself from busting a gut the whole time, finally losing control and joining the laughter.

Kin shot Lyolf a thumbs up, despite his speech, approving of this times' prank/good fortune.

Then , suddenly, Kin runs back to the stage, hops up and heads to the box. "To prevent any other magical mishaps, though, I'll go ahead and draw the next one for ya, 'Lia."

[spoiler=Now for a non-magical drawing!]
[blockquote]WHO'LL IT BE!?  1d83 : 1, total 1[/blockquote]
[/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

"Annia Siadon! Someone with sensibilities."

Annia had came up and accepted her prize. It was a small object, a simple black box. When Arelia opened and revealed it contents, inside was a beautiful pearl.

"Thank you for this gift Arelia." Annia smiled as she received the item. Arelia nodded back.

QuoteNext person roll 1d84

Annia receives:
Pearl of Power
This seemingly normal pearl of average size and luster is a potent aid to all spellcasters who prepare spells (clerics, druids, rangers, paladins, and wizards). Once per day on command, a pearl of power enables the possessor to recall any one spell that she had prepared and then cast that day. The spell is then prepared again, just as if it had not been cast. The spell must be of a particular level, depending on the pearl. Different pearls exist for recalling one spell per day of each level from 1st through 9th and for the recall of two spells per day (each of a different level, 6th or lower).

Throndir: 22
Mysticsage: 18
Linwelin: 16
Erynn: 4
Burdenking: 4
Zultar: 3
Lance: 1

Ella

Callista Fae

"Oh! Me! I want to draw a name next!" Callista called out, zooming down and diving into the basket as though it were a little pool of water... Even though faeries can swim. She sometimes wished she could swim, then she could see all the strange creatures of the sea...

Grabbing a ticket in the darkness of the bottom, Callista climbed her way back up. Breaking free, she flew up and handed the paper to Arelia.

[spoiler][blockquote]Rolled 1d84 : 57, total 57[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Throndir

When Callista had dove into the bag, and pulled out a ticket, Arelia quickly grabbed it. She looked questioningly at the fairy, but proceeded to announce the name anyways.

"Callista Fae gets our second shard." She would have been suspicious if not for the fact the fairy wasn't possibly as evil as Lyolf.

"We'll come back in two hours for the next drawing!"

QuoteCallista receives:

Shard of Resolve
Free action. Take no damage from any source for 1 round 1/day.

Please update your inventory sheet.

Throndir

Two hours later, it was getting late, and Arelia had started the final round of raffles, at least for the shards. Once again the guild was gathered.

"Who's willing to pick out the next ticket?" She asked.

QuoteNext poster please roll 1d91

Dec 21 to Dec 25
Ella: 38
Throndir: 19
Linwelin: 9
Burdenking: 5
Mysticsage: 5
Kirhart: 4
Lance: 3
Mumble Dragon: 2
Kai927: 2
Erynn: 2