Episode 1 [All] - Reach for the Sky

Started by pringerbeam, October 26, 2018, 05:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysticsage

"Hey, Joe, without messing with the tracker, how close in does the beacon get, can you tell the specific container or just the boat? If you can tell the container then we can go treasure hunting through anything else. Otherwise, remember to see if you can dig into the ship's computer and dig out any extra caches. Mapping software, autosofts, shipping routes, identification numbers, previous manifests, the container is the job. Anything to do with the ship itself is  fair game to try and make a little extra nuyen." Zephyr calls up from his position with the hose.

Asta

While Zephyr handled the pump and Jing was fussing with his deck Valkyrie set about collecting all the corpses from the earlier firefight. She crudely dragged each body up to the prow and put them in a jumbled pile searching them over to see if Bob had left anything.

[info]Perception to search, if you want it:
[blockquote]Rolled 5d6 : 3, 1, 3, 2, 6, total 15[/blockquote][/info]

After looking them over, she pulled her combat knife from its sheath and made to disfigure the faces of the dead men as much as possible, hopefully beyond recognition. For a moment she considered cutting them up into smaller pieces, but it seemed like overkill since clearly the people that owned the shipment would know it had been robbed. The preferred method for disposal would have been acid or burning, but there wasn't time.

"Either of you need to look over these bodies before I dump em' in the river?" she called out to her companions.

pringerbeam

Everything of value with the exception of the clothes they are wearing appears to have been stripped from the bodies including comlinks, cred sticks, weapons, munitions, and in one case boots and armor jacket.  Even the bodies of the workers in the engine compartment appear to have already been rifled through even though none of you are sure you saw Bob actually go in there.

Oath

"It isn't the most accurate software I've seen, I don't feel too comfortable breaking into the containers myself. I can probably hook up to the boat itself and see if I can find anything in there though." Jing went and found a spot where he could plug in to the boat directly and started his search.

[info] Matrix search for anything that could be considered pay data. Switching the sleaze and data processing stats, so Sleaze is 1 and data is 6.  Switching my Exploit program for Browse, so that a matrix search takes half the time.

Matrix Search: dice pool 10 [blockquote]Rolled 10d6 : 4, 5, 4, 4, 4, 1, 3, 4, 3, 1, total 33[/blockquote]
[/info]

pringerbeam

After 15 minutes of digging through the boat's computer you have yet to come up with any useful paydata.

[info]You can keep digging if you want.  You have 45 minutes (or 3 attempts) remaining before you get to the rendezvous.[/info]

Oath

[info] Trying again Matrix Search
[blockquote]Rolled 10d6 : 1, 3, 2, 3, 1, 2, 6, 3, 5, 6, total 32[/blockquote]
[/info]

pringerbeam

After another 15 minutes you come across a navigation chart with Ares' most up to date data on the West Coast's pirate activity zones.  It might be worth something to either side of that game of cat and mouse.

[info]You can continue to dig for more information if you wish.[/info]

Oath

[info] Checking one more time.
[blockquote]Rolled 10d6 : 6, 1, 1, 5, 5, 6, 2, 5, 6, 5, total 42[/blockquote]
[/info]

pringerbeam

You are able to dig up a shipping manifest for the ship the boat was originally supposed to rendezvous with, a minor find but probably valuable to someone.  You are unable to find further paydata as you comb through the boat's files.

Oath

Jing called out to his allies "Looks like that's everything. Got a couple things that might fetch us some scratch." He looks out over the water towards their destination, glad that trouble is over for the night.

Asta

Seeing as nobody else wanted to search the corpses Valkyrie unceremoniously dumped them over the side of the boat into the river. When the last one was overboard she pulled out the towel in her backpack and began to wipe the blood and gore off her clothes and mask. "See.." she said to Jing "This is why you bring a fuckin' towel."

pringerbeam

The boat finally comes to the rendezvous point: a large covered dock adjoining a warehouse in the northern industrial district with its doors wide open.  The boat interfaces with the dock's guides and makes its way in.  Upon entering the dark warehouse, you find it only dimly lit by emergency exit lights.  Sitting at the end of the dock is a semi-truck with an empty trailer and sitting on some overturned crates on the end of the trailer is a colorful trio consisting of an orc with a glowing neon mohawk dressed in an armored jacket riddled with holes revealing teh armor plates inside, a troll wearing an armored vest that appears to be cyberware from the neck down and with a heavy machine gun nonchalantly resting on his knee, and a completely hairless dwarf wearing a skintight bodysuit.  They appear to have been playing some kind of AR game when you arrived but have turned it off by the time the boat comes to a stop in the dock.
     The orc picks up a metal pipe topped with a large nut studded with haphazard screws welded on to it and walks up to the boat while the troll hefts their gun to train it on the boat.  The dwarf kicks the crates off the trailer and heads for a nearby control room.  Upon getting to the boat the orc flips his home-made morning star onto his shoulder.  "So I'm gonna guess you're the boat we're waiting for?"

Oath

Jing smiled as the Orc boarded. "Aye chummer special delivery."

pringerbeam

The orc grins and pulls out a comlink that looks a lot like the one the Johnson had given you and walks down to the cargo containers.  You hear a beeping sound emitting from it grow increasingly rapid ash he holds it u to the various containers until he reaches up to one of the top containers and the beeping ceases, replaced by a confirmatory sound.  "Alright Slider its this one!"  He yells to the control room.  Shortly after the ceiling mounted crane begins to move towards the boat.  The troll, seeing everything go smoothly gets into the truck in the driver's seat.
     Watching the crane go through its painstakingly slow motions, the orc takes a sideways glance at Joe and Valkyrie.  "Rough night?"

Mysticsage

"you could say that," Zephyr said nursing his body as he crawled out of the hold finally. "Ever get in a fist fight with a ghost? Outside of that things went smoothly." 

"though I have to say I think the three of us worked well as a team,"
Zephyr smiled moving to join Joe and Valkyrie.