[Jean] Chapter 17: Back to Mt. Velothia

Started by pringerbeam, August 09, 2019, 02:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

Mt. Velothia - Training Camp - Karn's House
Day 10 (Jean), Day 12 (Rosalie) - Time: Morning

"The Eldricksen resources are even more important in a world without factories, refineries, and science." Karn replied.

When you got to storing most of the material, there was a last one that Karn kept to himself. It looked to be a mithril box, that he decided to carry himself. But now that you attention was on it specifically, it was glowing bright in the blue glow of mana. Not only that, whatever he was holding, had a lot of a red-glow as well, which you had earlier identified as whatever 'SP' was through your Analysis blessing. It was something that you had in abundance of, as well as trace amounts in other beings, though, not every one.

"This one, I carry myself." Karn said as he made his way to Viridio.

Lili was already at the bird, and she had already climbed on top. She seemed a little unsteady, but eventually, with a determined look on her face she nodded.

"Ah will be fine. Viridio 'ere wull keep me safe. But... Yer tentacle wid hulp too..."

A tentacle was eventually summoned. It transformed and warped enough to almost be like a seat, complete with a belt, that was placed on top of Viridio. You knew that the tentacles would disappear after half an hour, but at the rate you were gaining back MP, even while awake, you could handle summoning a small number of tentacles continually without it actually having a negative drain on your total mana.

pringerbeam

With everyone situated on their respective mounts, Jean looked at the expedition he would need to quell a rebellion with.  "Alright then.  As they say: Onward and Upward!"  He yelled as he raised the spear over his head and Alyona took to the skies and the flock of birds and dragons set out into the west.

[info]Leaving Mount Velothia for Drugan, will make sure to keep everyone within sight of Jean even if it means slowing their flight when they reach the storms.[/info]

Throndir

Mt. Velothia - Flying towards Kherngolarr
Day 10 (Jean), Day 12 (Rosalie) - Time: Morning - Noon

Through flight, the journey didn't take much time at all. Everyone seemed to handle the flight okay, except for the dwarven princess. Before she had been pressed between you and Dalina, this time however, she had the reins to herself, with Karn behind her. Through the flight Viridio followed Gust behind, and though they chirped and squawked at each other, you were able to understand that Gust was giving some guidance to Viridio through the flight, even ignoring Lili's frantic attempts to clutch on the reins and Viridio's neck.

Karn was much more composed, seemingly more at ease in the sky. With the fact that his own home world had domesticated dragons, perhaps it wasn't so surprising.

"That is pathetic, dwarven princess. Did not Dalina tell you that even if you fall off, these birds will swoop in and save you?"

"S-Shut yer hole!" Lili said still clutching to Viridio's neck.

[info]Continue to Chapter 18: Hostilities[/info]

pringerbeam

"Isn't riding normally a kind of noble skill?"  Asked Jean, yelling over the chilling winds.  Thinking back though, he realized he didn't see anything like a horse in the dwarven city.  "Actually...  Do you even have horses?  Or any livestock that you could ride like a mount?"

Throndir

"None o' dat!" Lili yelled back, still clutching to Viridio. "We hae trains, magitech wagons, 'n' tis nae lik' we kin juist tak' a stroll doon in th' deeper caverns!"

pringerbeam

"Huh, well I guess we'll need to teach you to ride when we get the chance. Maybe on our honeymoon?  By the way, you keep mentioning the dangers of the lower caverns.  What exactly is down there?"

Throndir

"Lots o' monsters. Th' caverns whaur th' Ramparts are used tae be full o' thaim. Giant moths, flesh-eating monsters, 'n' even reports o' crystal-creatures in th' area. We git rid o' thaim ones aroond th' ruins decades ago though, in me grandfaither's time. Bit we aye keep guards up at th' fringes, n' still encounter some o' 'em once in awhile."

pringerbeam

"Hmmm...  Well I'll have to keep that in mind for later.  Might come in handy."

[info]Good with closing out the conversation if there isn't more that Lili wants to talk about[/info]