[Hunters Guild] Initiation Trial

Started by Linwelin, January 13, 2018, 02:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linwelin

[info]This thread is for anyone with interest in joining the Hunters Guild via the Guild of Galas'nor contract.[/info]
The old man behind the guild desk, who introduces himself as Sam, responds to your inquiry, "So ya wanna join the Hunters Guild registry, do ya? I can see ya as a hunter, but looks don't say everythin'! Ye'll need to complete the trials, and dependin' on how well ye do, ye'll be placed in one of our startin' ranks in Copper." He pauses to make sure he's got your attention. "There's 3 separate trials, one for combat ability, one testing observational skill, and one for lookin' into how ye deal with traps. Ye can still fail two of the trials and pass, but ye can't get out of the Copper ranking before ye've passed all three. We're not letting ya run into a new ranking until we know you have the basics down. Ah, and of course skipping a trial, though allowed, will result in an automatic drop in starting rank."

Sam then motions with his thumb behind him, pointing toward the back room, "If ye're still interested, head back there. The portal wizard will send ya through to the trial grounds."

[info]Mission info:

Pass the Initiation test of the Hunters Guild.
Possible ranks:
Copper                   Pass one trial
Copper Jade           Pass two trials
Copper Amethyst   Pass three trials
Copper Topaz         Pass all three trials effortlessly (Within time limits based on rounds passed)

Reward:
Badge showing your rank
Ability to enlist in Bounty listings up to one step above your current rank

Rankings can be seen here
[/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Lia Starweaver

"The great Lia Starweaver is of course interested!" The archer proclaimed loud enough for everyone in the area to hear.

She glanced to where the old man, Sam, had pointed to, the back room. But before heading that way, she stepped a few steps backwards and began stretching. She was psyching herself up, and once she finished her routine she grinned at the people who around her, and those who might have stared.

"The great Lia Starweaver is now ready!" She said, as she began walking towards the backroom.

[info]And the great Lia Starweaver will join![/info]

Lance

Crunch!

A sordid air came from around Lyolf's corner, broken only by the occasional sounds of an elf tearing voraciously into an apple. Gone was the elf's usual bluster and cheer, his face contorted in an unusually grim visage despite the frequent 'om-nomming' sounds that emerged. The sudden appearance of a 'great' Lia Starweaver did little to change Lyolf's current disposition for even the almighty apple had failed in that regard. His thoughts were still visibly mired in some quandary from the past, but in time Lyolf sighed and got up. Figured he could use a distraction, the elf thought aimlessly. Besides, what's done was done and if anything was to be learned from this most recent turn of events, it was that there was no sense dwelling on prior mistakes and that it was useless contemplating possible what-if scenarios, but most importantly...

Crunch! Crunch!

...It was that apples were delicious.

"The Greater Lyolf Swordhand makes his entrance!" The elf shouted, as he made his way into the backroom only to cringe in shock mere moments later.

"The Greatest Uli is here as well!" A raven laying forgotten on his shoulder chirped as well. Thus, Lyolf smiled. "The Greatester Lyolf Swordhand is ready and able!"

"But that isn't even a word..." the raven sighed in defeat.

[info]The Greatester Lyolf joins the fray![/info]
"A wish? Okay, genie, make me a ham sandwich."