Hunters Guild

Started by Linwelin, August 30, 2016, 12:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linwelin

The Hunters Guild has become a world-wide established organization in Yslia, spanning across most regions as a regulated and accepted way of turning in an processing criminals with a price on their head. The guild has a major building in each region's capital, with hubs spread throughout the smaller, established cities. Due to being regulated and contracted out by the governing powers of each region for bounty management, certain quality-of-life facilities have been granted. The main one being destination-locked portal networks that lead to the main city facility, maintained by province-assigned wizards.

But aside from the guild's contracted job of managing the capture or proof of execution of dangerous individuals, it serves another purpose. The Hunters Guild has a registry and ranking system in which to keep track of its members. People from all across Yslia make a living by hunting through the guild, and for those that have greater skill a large amount of renown is achieved as well. Often, those with high renown in the Bounty Guild are sought out by nobility and government officials for special tasks.

Recently, the Hunters Guild has mended its rivalry with the Guild of Galas'nor, instead turning to a sort of mutual business. Galas'nor members may now register in the Hunters Guild, and the Hunters Guild will share their bounty listings with Galas'nor. It was agreed that this would expand the renown of both establishments, as well as working around the competition and frustration caused by it. In return, the Guild of Galas'nor is able to use the portal network at the Hunters Guild rate, instead of the 20% fee.

Hunters Guild membership is not an easy license to obtain for most; there are trials involved in simply earning the lowest rank of entry. Advancement tests are also an established system within the Hunters Guild, which, barring some exceptions, can only be attempted when the proper amount of bounties are claimed by the individual seeking advancement. The ranking system is as follows.

RankNo SubrankJadeAmethystTopazSapphireEmeraldRubyDiamond
CopperStarting Rank125g250g375g----
Bronze500g625g750g875g----
Iron1000g1250g1500g1750g----
Silver2000g2750g3500g4250g5000g5750g6500g7250g
Gold8000g9500g11000g12500g14000g15500g17000g18500g
Platinum20000g23750g27500g31250g35000g38750g42500g46250g
Adamantine50000g55000g60000g65000g70000g80000g90000g100000g

note: Gold amounts are amount of gold that needs to be claimed.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]