[IC] Tzane the Troll

Started by Throndir, November 30, 2013, 06:50:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manzokushi

Jorn could tell that even though Kin was keep up a good front he was in danger, his body was wounded and one more solid strike could mean his end. The time for witty words and silly remarks had passed. It was time to protect his brother in arms, which meant stepping from the offensive and delving into his deeper heritages. There was a balance to be established within him, this was the truth. His mind briefly was cascaded by an image of Sytheer staring back within him. The cath shee was connected to him there was no doubt. Its thoughts meshed with his own, (do not fear Jornathel she will always guide you, the time for us to meet again draws near.) His resolved doubled again with those words in mind.

His smile was one of peace and confidence as he spoke aloud, ?My body is chalice that runs deep with the fires of the heavens. Goddess as your chosen son I beg that you sooth my brethrens wounds and strengthen his form.?

His body began to radiate a soft aura of blue fire; it was neither hot nor cold, the aura danced outward toward Kin settling over his form, soothing his injuries and restoring his wounds.

[spoiler]Bloodline Power: Heavenly Fire 8/Day

Healing Kin
[blockquote]Rolled 1d4+2 : 1 + 2, total 3[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Oath

Elys was surprised to see that Kin had been brought down to near death so easily when he had seemed so confident in his skills. Hopefully she wouldn't regret taking on this mission. She fired a hail of bullets hoping to bring down Tzane sooner rather than later.

[spoiler] Using a missed turn, 4 paper cartridges and rapid fire twice. Also adding in the damage for point blank shot, since I forgot last time lol

Turn 1:
Attack roll 1:[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 13 + 4, total 17[/blockquote]
Damage roll 1:[blockquote]Rolled 1d8+1 : 5 + 1, total 6[/blockquote]
Attack roll 2:[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 20 + 4, total 24[/blockquote]
Damage roll 2:[blockquote]Rolled 1d8+1 : 3 + 1, total 4[/blockquote]
Turn 2:
Attack roll 1:[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 19 + 4, total 23[/blockquote]
Damage roll 1:[blockquote]Rolled 1d8+1 : 5 + 1, total 6[/blockquote]
Attack roll 2:[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 3 + 4, total 7[/blockquote]
Damage roll 2:[blockquote]Rolled 1d8+1 : 7 + 1, total 8[/blockquote]
[/spoiler]

Oath

[spoiler] Crit confirm (crit x4) [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 4 + 4, total 8[/blockquote]

Throndir

"N-no!" Tzane yelled as the sharp attacks from behind made the creature lurch forward, it's blood  Just when it had gained back its balance, Elys had unloaded her weapons, her bullets penetrating into its head and skull lodging themselves deep within. The simulataneous attack was enough to knock the beast unconscious, as it nearly toppled over Kin.

The creature twitched a couple of times, but it was clear it wasn't going to attack again.

[spoiler]Rolls/Effects/Summary:
[spoiler]
Round 6 begins.
Auto: Tzane regenerates 5 non-lethal dmg. Durations go down.
Tzane: Attacks and deals 19 dmg to Kin.
Branwen: Attacks and deals 19 non lethal, 2 lethal.
Elys: Attacks and deals 16 non lethal, Troll knocked out.
[/spoiler]

Stats:
[spoiler]
QuoteRound 6 in progress - Still to move:

Missed Turns
Branwen: .5
Chadra: 1
Elys: 1.5
Jornathel: 1

Non-Lethal Damage Dealt
Troll: 80

Lethal Damage Dealt
Troll: 9

Spells/Abilities/Potions/Items used since the day:
Branwen
Expeditious Retreat
Bane

Jornathel
Mage Armor
Bloodline Spell: Bless
Bloodline Power: Heavenly Fire

Party HP
All: Bless (+1 atk, +1 vs fear, 25 rounds)
Chadra: 37/37, Blood in the Water (+0 atk, +0 dmg, 59 rounds)
Kin: 7/30, Defensive fighting (-4 atk +2 AC), small stature (+1 AC vs Large)
Jornathel: 20/20, Mage Armor (+4 AC, lasts a long time),
Branwen: 18/18,  Invisibility (45 rounds), Expeditious Retreat (48 rounds), Bane (2/5)
Elys: 16/16,

Area Effects
Dark (caverns)
[/spoiler]

Map:
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Linwelin

Kin exhaled, then sharply inhaled gritted his teeth as he suddenly fell to his knees. That healing helped a bit, but there's some bad damage...pretty sure I broke a couple ribs. "So, what next? Do we need to take his head?" He didn't even try to hide his fatigue, because it was impossible to. "Also, we should have a look around this cave. There may be something here we need to bring back. If not, great, but who knows what this guy may've gotten his hands on."

With that last remark, Kin sheathed his sword and flopped backward. "I'd go running around, I actually really want to, but as I am now I'll hinder anything we do. Not even gonna try to play tough right now. I just want a mead and a back rub. Well, after I don't have broken bones."
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Bootman

Chadra sheathed her sword on her back and stared at the down troll with a clear look of displeasure on her face as she stepped on top of the Troll's corpse. She felt so... so useless. She narrowed her eyes at Kin before tilting her head.

"You fight very well, Greatsword."

The other ones didn't particularly interest her, so she moved closer to the short blurred figure, eyeing his weapon with keen interest.

Throndir

As Chadra stepped on the mangled corpse, its gore spilling on the cold cavern floors, the creature twitched again. It was only slightly more violent than the previous time; the nerves of the body must still be active.

[spoiler]FYI, I'm forcing the round every 48 hours+ of each of my DM posts.[/spoiler]

Throndir

The creature continued to twitch, though it was dark, the bloodied corpse still moved.

[spoiler]2 rounds passed since it was knocked out.[/spoiler]

Linwelin

Kin saw everyone moving away from the corpse, or at least not paying it any mind, but he noticed it still moving and remembered it's regenerative abilities. Somehow, the halfling got back on his feet, and dragged his blade to the creature, right beside its neck.

"Well, I guess I'll do the honors." Kin said bluntly, "It's still alive, and we can't have that...sooooo OFF WITH ITS HEAD!" He not-quite-energetically shouted kicking up and spiraling his giant sword right onto and through the creature's neck, aiming to get some payback.

He separated the head once it was cut through, so that no regeneration was possible, and left his sword there for the time being. "Damned oaf, I'm not your food." He muttered as he fell back on the ground, exhausted.

[spoiler]
Kin performs a coup de gras, as the troll is helpless, auto-critting. Sneak attack bonus, just in case ;)

[dice]Damage:  5d6+10 : 5, 2, 1, 1, 3 + 10, total 22[/dice][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

The decapitated head rolls away, the remainder of the twitching slowed. You weren't sure if that actually killed the beast, but it would buy you plenty of time at least. With the fight over, the party hears the sound of rustling somewhere deeper in the cave. The light of the torch that Kin had planted on the ground didn't reach to the end quite yet, so there was nothing in sight.

Throndir

There was a shuffling a sound off in the distance, and as the group peered further into the darkness, there looked to be a figure. It was still far beyond your vision and you couldn't make out any details, but it felt as if someone was there, or atleast someone watching.

[spoiler=Those with Low Light Vision]You see what looked to be a little girl, her expression devoid of any emotion. She looks on quietly at the group but makes no move to come closer or draw back.

Further behind her, you see what looked to be crude boxes and a now cold fire-pit. The stench was particularly overwhelming and you realized that the smell probably originated there.
[/spoiler]

Anastasia Sheel

Manzokushi

Jorn was surprised at their success, this beast had appeared to be more formidable than he orginally believed. Though the victory was theirs, somehow it felt like a hollow one, with lying their battered and beaten. He was still able to muster the strength to cut off the beast's head, but that was probably the last time he would move for a little while.

"Rest my friend, you need not push yourself so hard. Here take this potion it should sooth your injuries a bit more." Jorn passed Kin one of his healing potions.

The shuffling sound along with the slight noise drew the night elf's attention away from his companion. Deep in the gloom of the cavern a small child resided. It must have been a captive of the troll, but for what purpose other than to possible eat her? Troll's were known for their carnivorous behavior.

"Friends, we are not alone a small child is hidden in the depths of the cavern. My best guess is that she was a hostage of this beast."

With that said, Jorn sheath's his sword, and starts to approach the child unarmed with his hands visiable.

He approaches but keeps a small amount of distance, just in case the child proves to be something other than human, "Hello there, my name is Jornathel, we have come to rescue you."

Linwelin

Kin gratefully takes the potion, swigging it down almost immediately. "Thank ya, Jorn. It was very, VERY needed." the halfling smiles and tilts the vial in a toast toward Jorn, then finishes it off, ending with a satisfied gasp for air.

Sprawled on him back, all Kin could do was watch as Jorn took a peek into the rest of the cave. But seeing him tense, and note about a hostage, Kin got back on his feet. The potion had taken enough effect by then, so the halfling was no longer stumbling.

"Wha'? A KID!? You're kidding...damned troll." He started wandering toward the girl after the elf, but seeing how battered and frightened she was, he let Jorn handle it. "I'm no good with kid's in the first place, she's all yours. Ah, but give her this. No telling when it was she ate last." Kin digs out some bread from his bag and hands it to Jorn before he confronts her.

While that happened, Kin began checking out the treasure trove of Tzane. "It's a troll, so I'm not expecting anything glorious...I'd welcome a surprise, though!" The swordsman mutters to himself.

[spoiler]Remove one set of rations.
[blockquote]Search check 1d20+7 : 11 + 7, total 18[/blockquote][/spoiler]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Anastasia Sheel

QuoteRoll diplomacy.

Someone can roll spot/search on the little girl.

As the group approached the little girl, she continued to stare blankly, almost disturbingly at Jornathel who approached closer and closer. When Jornathel spoke, the little girl didn't seem to respond. She didn't say a single word, just continue to stare. It was strange as you would have expected a scared little girl to hide away from strangers, yet this one didn't seem to. As the light from Kin's torch illuminated the area as well as the girl, it was hard to read what the girl was thinking, or if she was thinking of anything at all.

She was covered from tip to toe in a thin layer of grime and dirt, there were blood stains on her clothing, matted in her hair, as well as her face. The blood covered her, but with the lack of scars, you suspect not all of it was her own. She had a seemingly comatose and stricken look. Perhaps even traumatized.

When the halfling began investigating the three crate-like chests behind her, she didn't move or react. Her eyes looked pleading, though at the same time there was no warmth from them, or any haunting feeling, just a complete blankness.

[spoiler=To Kin]Searching behind the little girl, you notice the three crates. As you neared however, you couldn't help but be disgusted by the smells, and as the light of your torch fell upon the troll's habitat, you can visibly see all the half-eaten bones and flesh littered across the floor. The sight was ghastly, the smell in equal footing, and you wondered how the little girl could even stand it.

You didn't begin to open any of the crates yet, just managed to look inside. The first one looked to have clothing, and some pieces of armor and leather - many of them stained with blood. The second crate looked to contain small trinkets, a few knives and daggers, and a couple of pouches covered in bits of flesh, blood, and dirt. The last crate looked to be the most horrendous of all of them though, as pieces of half-eaten flesh, arms, and legs were found. You realize that a couple of the 'pieces' still had some clothing on. Boots were left on the feet, and there were some  sparkling pieces, like rings, attached to the half-eaten arms and hands. There might have been other things, but without a more thorough search, you couldn't be certain. Further onward against the far end of the cavern, were larger weapons; swords, staves, and axes of the like.

QuoteLet me know which crates you plan to dig into, and I'll make the list.
[/spoiler]