[IC] Kaelban Estate

Started by Throndir, November 13, 2012, 04:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

Before anyone could react, a high pitched piercing scream resounded all around you. It was just like the previous scream. And like before it caught everyone off guard.

Not a moment later, a spray of what looked to be goo shot out from the ceiling. It headed straight towards Ryine. Within moments the source of fluid appeared as it crawled along the ceiling, about 12 feet high from the ground.

[spoiler]Also, everyone please roll a will save. If you don't know where to find your will save, go to your character sheet and look for "will save". If you have a will save of +3, you roll a 1d20+3. To roll a dice you can use the built in Dice Roller found under FWC Tools right below the shoutbox, or you can use the roll tags. [roll]1d20+3["slash"roll]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler][blockquote]Attack 1d20+3 : 4 + 3, total 7[/blockquote]
[blockquote]if hit 1d4 : 4, total 4[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Oath

I turn around startled, and look at the beast that has appeared before me.

[spoiler]{Will Save}[blockquote]Rolled 1d20-1 : 6 - 1, total 5[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Throndir

As the blob of goo missed barely, but the wail heard just moments before shook and startled you.

Manzokushi

The party moved at a quickened pace, examining the maze of hallways if but briefly before moving on to the next dead end. The shriek that cut through the party was quite a sound reminiscent of things that reside below ground quite possibly a bat. These considerations along with others filled Jorn?s thoughts when suddenly he was assaulted from behind. With years of practiced efficiency the elf drew his sword with the crisp ring of steel, spinning on his heels to face the opponent. He was suddenly at war with centuries of instincts that would never have hesitated at the sight of a goblin. Though his attire was his saving grace, as it was their wayward companion Wiz, a rather strange and clumsy creature for certain.

He frowned and offered his hand in assistance to the clumsy creature. ?Wiz you should be a bit more careful and mid your surroundings a bit more. It would not do to go stumbling into a monster in these dark halls now would it?? He grinned down at the goblin with a friendly smile. ?Let us catch up with our companions shall we.? Jorn also took note of Sholeth making his way in among the party. It appeared that they were now in good number and able to face whatever may cross their path.

That shriek from before came echoing down the hallway once again and the sounds of combat could be heard coming from the next room. It was concern for his companions that drove Jorn into the room in order to back up his friend, Ryine.

[spoiler]Will Save: Rolled 1d20+2 : 15 + 2, total 17 if passed, Jorn moves fully into the room, place me due south of the spider against the far wall. [/spoiler]

His right hand clasping the sword tightly, Jorn?s left hand began to weave an incantation, and he began to softly hum the words for a spell.

[spoiler]Spell Cast: Magic Missile Rolled 1d4+1 : 4 + 1, total 5 Damage[/spoiler]

Milk

I had hit my head pretty hard from running into Jorn, but was unconscious long enough to miss hearing the shriek completely. Unfortunately it was still a nasty fall..

[spoiler][blockquote]Will save for Migraine 1d20+2 : 7 + 2, total 9[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Throndir

[spoiler]
QuoteRound 1 in progress - Still to move: Ryine, Saendal, Wiz, Sholeth, Xander Reol, Ludar Fink

Damage Dealt
Spider: 5

Spells/Abilities/Potions used since the day:
Ryine

Saendal

Wiz

Sholeth

Xander Reol

Jornathal Mithraiian
Magic Missile (Level 1)

Ludar Fink

Party HP
Ryine: 13/13, shaken
Saendal: 6/6,
Wiz: 3/3, migraine (-2 to attack rolls)
Sholeth: 7/7
Xander Reol: 8/8
Jornathal Mithraiian: 9/9,
Ludar Fink: 10/10,

(Click to enlarge - if you guys didn't know already)
[/spoiler]

Oath

I approach the spider along the walls, going north then east. I then strike with all my might, hoping to land a fatal blow.

[spoiler] {attack roll}[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+2 : 16 + 2, total 18[/blockquote](+2 and not +4 due to shaken)
if hit {Damage Roll}[blockquote]Rolled 1d8+3 : 5 + 3, total 8[/blockquote] (not sure if affected by shaken.. if so take 2 off)

Also I moved north 2 squares and east 1 square to be in the square to the west of the spider.[/spoiler]

Emperor Wilbers

A high-pitched scream pierces the air yet again. Saendal braces himself and tries again to force it out.

[spoiler][1d20+7] 18 = 18 + 7 = 25, if passed place me in the tile two tiles west of the spider[/spoiler]

Saendal forces it out, then rushes in the other room and sees the beast threatening his companions. "Bornashi!" he yelled as he rushed to the opposite corner of the room, so that the spider was trapped on all sides. He put his hands and shot his hands forward at the beast.

[spoiler]I will cast my spell, Doom on thy accursed spider so it becomes susceptible to my allies' attacks, but, I'm not sure which roll to do for spell casting, or the modifiers I have. :([/spoiler]

Throndir

Ryine's attack hit squarely on the spider's head, but it was still not enough to fell the creature. Saendal dropped his torch in order to free a hand to cast a spell. As Saendal finished casting his spell, you see the spider attempt to resist the spells' effects.

[spoiler] This dice roll has been tampered with!
Spider's will save, vs Saendal's DC: 12 1d20+1 : 8 + 1, total 9[/spoiler]

[spoiler]
QuoteRound 1 in progress - Still to move: Wiz, Sholeth, Xander Reol, Ludar Fink

Damage Dealt
Spider: 13

Ryine

Saendal
Doom (Level 1)

Wiz

Sholeth

Xander Reol

Jornathal Mithraiian
Magic Missile (Level 1)

Ludar Fink

Party HP
Sholeth: 7/7,
Xander Reol: 8/8,

(Click to enlarge - if you guys didn't know already)
[/spoiler]

Throndir

The spider makes a strange whining sound as the spell's effects weaken the creature.

[spoiler]

Damage Dealt
Spider: 13, shaken: ?2 atk, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks

Ryine

Saendal
Doom (Level 1)

Wiz

Sholeth

Xander Reol

Jornathal Mithraiian
Magic Missile (Level 1)

Ludar Fink

Party HP

[/spoiler]

Emperor Wilbers

Saendal grinned at his successful strike on the creature. He could see its downfall soon arrive. He was without another option until he remembered Max, his pet. His smile widened and he started chanting and moving his hands in uncanny patterns. "Hroshi naaklin tuhorin lisripson nos por loki tan!" As he chanted bones started squeezing out of the ground. A skeleton dog stood up and howled. Max automatically knew his master's wish and he would carry them out faithfully. The dog leapt at the spider, dislocated his jaw and prepared to grip the spider's torso with its razor sharp teeth.

[spoiler]Bite, [1d6+1] 5 = 5 + 1 = 6[/spoiler]

Throndir

[spoiler][blockquote]Max's attack roll 1d20 : 16, total 16[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Throndir

Saendal's undead pet rushed to where the spider was and leaped at it with its fangs barred, it managed to tear a chunk off of the spider's body, which elicited an angry response from the creature.

[spoiler]

Damage Dealt
Spider: 19, shaken: ?2 atk, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks

Ryine

Saendal
Doom (Level 1)

Wiz

Sholeth

Xander Reol

Jornathal Mithraiian
Magic Missile (Level 1)

Ludar Fink

Party HP
Max, 13/13

[/spoiler]

Oath

"Drat, the foul beast yet lives. I must stop it before it can reach the rest of the party!" I shout this as I raise my sword for another blow.

[spoiler]{attack roll}[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+2 : 20 + 2, total 22[/blockquote](Shaken)
If hit: {Damage roll}[blockquote]Rolled 1d8+3 : 4 + 3, total 7[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Oath

[spoiler]{Crit Confirm} [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+2 : 4 + 2, total 6[/blockquote](shaken)[/spoiler]