[Rosalie] Chapter 5.1 - Giant Mushroom

Started by Throndir, January 09, 2019, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

《Chapter 5.1 - Giant Mushroom》

"Get me a giant mushroom!"

Mary, the dragon knight trainee camp's Chef had demanded. Earlier this day, Valeriya had gone and ate some of the random food Mary was preparing, and as payment, she had asked for both the hero and Valeriya to help out.

And now, you, Valeriya, Thurston, the dragonknight newbie who had challenged you in the ceremony the day before, and his dragon companion, Dariya found yourselves in the nearby forest, searching for the giant mushrooms that Mary requested. Behind you, you felt like someone was watching.

QuotePerception requested

Date: Day 2 - Evening

Eventually you manage to find them. There were 4 altogether, and they were feeding on a carcass of a dear.

QuoteStealth requested if you're trying to sneak up close. You are 120 ft. away. Thurston is very loud in his armor. Dariya and Valeriya are much more quiet.

Oath

It seemed even in this world, someone always had an errand they didn't want to do themselves. It would be a good experience for Rosalie to get the lay of the land around the camp at any rate, but hunting for giant mushrooms didn't exactly sound like a task for a hero. It'd also be a good chance for her to meet some of the others around the camp.

"Hopefully you're not too worse for wear after our battle yesterday, Thurston. No hard feelings, but if I'm going to be the hero for the dragons, I need the strongest one for a partner. You probably have skills I don't though so we can learn something from each other and work together to find these mushrooms."

After seeing the Mushrooms, Rosalie holds her hand out to motion to the others to stop, without a word. She looks back at Thurston and his armor. "Let me try to get a little closer. Hopefully I can make a distraction and give you guys an opening to attack." Rosalie whispered, and then snuck off into the brush.

[info] Requested Checks

Perception: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+5 : 18 + 5, total 23[/blockquote]

Stealth: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+5 : 13 + 5, total 18[/blockquote]
[/info]

Throndir

You had noticed Alyona following quietly some distance away behind you. If Valeriya or Dariya noticed, they didn't say anything.

"Tell us when to attack, and Dariya and I will come sword slashing!" Thurston responded fiercely.

You managed to get real close to the creatures. You were about 20 ft. away, and they still haven't noticed you.

Oath

Looking back to her allies, Rosalie decided this was an appropriate place to launch her attack from. She wasn't too familiar with her sword yet, but she was definitely familiar with spells. "Oh fire and air! Frolic to and fro about the heavens and strike down those before me! Lightning Strike!" Rosalie didn't tell her allies that it was time to attack, but hopefully they would get the idea.

[info] Using Lightning strike, fully overcharged. Ranged vs touch AC
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+9 : 19 + 9, total 28[/blockquote]

Damage: [blockquote]Rolled 6d6 : 3, 6, 1, 6, 5, 4, total 25[/blockquote]
[/info]

Throndir

The lightning strike hit the target, and all of a sudden it collapsed as wisps of smoke came off from its body.

QuoteInitiative requested.

Oath

[info] initiative

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+5 : 10 + 5, total 15[/blockquote]
[/info]

Throndir

The giant mushroom you struck stopped moving. And at that point you got a series of notifications.

[okay]You leveled up.
You leveled up.
You leveled up.
You are now level 23.[/okay]
QuoteTurn order: Alyona, Valeriya, Rosalie, Giant Mushrooms, Dariya, Thurston

At that moment you saw what looked to be Alyona in her dragon form speeding towards you from further behind even where Dariya and Thurston was at.

As for Valeriya, she drew her weapon, and made it to the clearing, You saw the other two beginning to catch up behind her.

QuoteRosalie to take turn.[/size[

Oath

Satisfied with the first attack, Rosalie draws her flaming sword and charges into the remaining enemies. "Hopefully you guys are close enough to learn a thing or two!

[info] Charging a mushroom.
hit: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+6 : 17 + 6, total 23[/blockquote]
damage: [blockquote]Rolled 1d8 : 5, total 5[/blockquote]
fire damage [blockquote]Rolled 6d6 : 6, 3, 6, 2, 6, 4, total 27[/blockquote]
[/info]

Throndir

You charged at the mushroom, and attacked successfully. However, when you hit, you noticed your flames didn't seem to do as much damage as they should have, your blade too wasn't as effective.

Both of the giant mushrooms released a purple fog of spores.

QuotePhysical Resist save requested.

Seeing the cloud of spores, both Dariya and Thurstone slowed their advance. Thurston switched to using a bow. Dariya on the other hand began spellcasting.

"Oh Water! Slice my foes and rend them bleeding! Tidal Slicer!" With her casting a series of arcs made of water burst from her fingertips, targeting the uninjured mushroom. However, her attack missed.

QuoteTurn order: Alyona, Valeriya, Rosalie, Giant Mushrooms, Dariya, Thurston

Rough Status
Giant Mushroom 1: Dead
Giant Mushroom 2: Badly Wounded [include u=2]Dmg Taken: 21, Spore: 1 round[/include]
Giant Mushroom 3: Uninjured [include u=2]Dmg Taken: 0, Spore: 2 round[/include]

Oath

[info] physical resist as requested

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+9 : 20 + 9, total 29[/blockquote]
[/info]

Throndir

[info]Physical Resist: 29
You managed to resist the poison.[/info]Though you had seen Alyona, it seemed like she chose better than to engage, and instead attempted to head back into hiding. You saw Valeriya glance her way for a second, but she chose not to say anything. Instead Valeriya rushed into the spores herself, then, using her blade, attacked the mushroom you were attacking. Her blade hit, and the second mushroom was dead.

QuoteRosalie's turn.

Turn order: Alyona, Valeriya, Rosalie, Giant Mushrooms, Dariya, Thurston

Rough Status
Giant Mushroom 2: Dead [include u=2]Dmg Taken: 28, Spore: 1 round[/include]
Giant Mushroom 3: Uninjured [include u=2]Dmg Taken: 0, Spore: 2 round[/include]

Oath

Rosalie sighed as the flames wrapped around her blade didn't do their job. she leapt back out of the poison and decided to go with what had worked before. "Oh fire and air! Frolic to and fro about the heavens and strike down those before me! Lightning Strike!"

[info] Stepping out of the poison and using my pew pew spell

Hit roll: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+5 : 13 + 5, total 18[/blockquote]
Damage roll: [blockquote]Rolled 6d6 : 5, 4, 3, 4, 3, 2, total 21[/blockquote]
[/info]

Throndir

With the second mushroom dying, you got another set of notifications.

[okay]You leveled up.
You leveled up.
You are now level 25. Spend your unallocated points.
You have gained a new title 『Modern Magician』
You have gained +4 INT
You have gained +4 MAG
You have gained a new title 『Primary Magicka Adept』
You have gained +1 MAG
You have gained a new title 『Subsystem Magicka Adept』
You have gained +1 MAG[/okay]All of a sudden, you seemed to get all sorts of knowledge about magic. Alchemy, Necromancy, Witchcraft, Wizardry, along many others.

The last remaining mushroom, you cast your spell again. In that single shot, the mushroom was heavily damaged.

The mushroom attacked you back then with its claws. The first strike missed, but the second one hit you hard. Surprisingly, what would have been a mortal wound back in your own world, didn't seem so bad here at all.

Dariya cast another one of her spells, this time it hit. Lastly, Thurston finally was able to shoot an arrow, also hitting the target and downing it. Like before, another series of notifications.

[okay]You leveled up.
You are now level 26. Spend your unallocated points.[/okay]
QuoteRough Status
Giant Mushroom 2: Dead [include u=2]Dmg Taken: 38, Spore: 1 round[/include]
Giant Mushroom 3: Dead [include u=2]Dmg Taken: 32, Spore: 2 round[/include]
Rosalie: Injured [include u=2]Dmg Taken: 13[/include]

Oath

Rosalie flinched as the claws dug into her, but was relieved to see that the others had launched attacks of their own. Her breathing was a bit heavy as she spoke. "Good work everyone. Are these the mushrooms that we were supposed to find, Valeriya?" Everything in this world was so foreign to her, these did look like quite large mushrooms though so perhaps they were right.

Throndir

"Yup. She had me hunt a few of these in the past."

Thurston had stared wide-eyed.

"It usually takes a team of knights to take one of those down... To think you can kill one in a single shot too. Jeez." He shrugged as he put away his bow.

QuoteGo ahead and roll DEX to get its flesh. You can get other pieces too.