[Amelia] Chapter 3: The True Summoned Hero of Bürsteig

Started by Throndir, August 16, 2018, 04:14:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

《Chapter 3: The True Summoned Hero of Bürsteig》

Location: New World - Bürsteig - Mendernich - Mendernich Castle
Date: Morning

"You are lucky buddy, you don't have to worry about anything but where your next meal is coming from huh. Though I think by the end of this you'll be turning into a real mouser if we end up sticking to this caste. But you'll protect me won't you?"

The cat cocked a head to his side, as he examined you carefully. His eyes looked thoughtful as he stared at you. The action itself would have been pretty normal, but what Nyx did just when you entered the room was something you never would have expected.

"I'll always protect you, Amelia." Your cat, Nyx, said.

Mysticsage

Whether it was from the sheer stress of the day and this being the first real moment she could be 'alone' with her own thoughts or the fact that Nyx's voice was mere inches away from her ear, but when she heard his voice for the first time the only thinking she could do is laugh.  One of those full body side throbbing laughs that was as much about a release of anxiety and surprise as it was actual humor. She had to sit down on the bed before she fell down as tears rolled down her face.

"You can talk!" She said gasping for breath as she fell into another fit of laughter. "Of course, this place would make it so you can talk." Something about how smooth his voice was made it particularly funny considering how close it was to the voice she imagined she would have in her head. She fell backward almost on top of Nyx but not fully.

It took a full minute before she could regain her composure whipping the final bits of water from her eyes. It felt like she had not smiled like this in a long time. "I'm sorry, Nyx. You just caught me by surprise is all." She said as she still lay have on the bed head turned to look at him fully. Nyx had always been a large cat they thought he might of had some mancoon mixed in him somewhere down the line. But he always reminded her of a witch's cat even when she found him as a mulling kitten in the shelter. His slick black fur was like the night sky.

"your voice is just to perfect for you that it caught me off guard."

Throndir

"I couldn't always talk... That is actually a much more recent development." Nyx had moved out of the way to avoid you as you fell on the bed. He sat comfortably and regally as he stared at you.

The cat then stretched.

"You think my voice is... perfect?" He asked.

Mysticsage

"Maybe it's the magic but you sound exactly like I always imagined you have. That's probably why I didn't scream when I first heard you." She said letting him roll his head across her hand and then scratched his ear. "I wonder what else this magic did to us? It made you able to speak and I can see a weird screen in my head when I said the word status, who knows what else it has in store for us. I mean these people want me to be queen." she whispered.

Shaking the thought out of her head. "We just have to deal with it one moment at a time. At least they don't seem ready to sell us." She paused, "and no running off for a while. We were lucky once to end up here I don't want to roll the dice again by almost dying. You keep me out of trouble and I promise to keep you out of trouble."

Throndir

Nyx seened to purr, as he let out a quick chortle.

"I wasn't actually sure what affected you too when I got here... I found out about 'Status' that same night we first appeared here, where-ever we are."

Nyx began crawling over you, then plopped himself down on your belly.

"I think you'll make a good queen. Do you think they'll make me the royal pet? I heard they've never even seen cats here..."

"If you find some good food here... then I'm sure we can both keep eachother out of trouble." Nyx said hinting at the possibility.

Mysticsage

"You glutton, no gaining weight on me now. We don't want you not being able to run if you get in trouble, If I need to I can put you on an exercise regimen again." She said with a smirk. "A butterball of a protector won't do me any good after all." She pets him warmly.

However, she still pulled her bag over and dug through it, " All that being said I don't know why we can't still treat ourselves now and again." She pulled out the half bag of dried cat treats and opened the bag placing one of the treats on his nose in the way she had since he was small.

Throndir

"A butterball! Is that how you're going to treat your savior?" Though he said it bitingly, the cat was still purring loudly.

When you pulled out the bag, Nyx's eyes were alert, and finally when you placed the treat on his nose, Nyx proceeded with a feat that was surprising for a cat. He tossed it in the air, and then quickly managed to eat it as it fell back down.

Nyx chewed on it for awhile.

"It wasn't until late in the night when I realized I had powers... not to mention the fact I can talk to you like this." Nyx said. "I was the one who managed to heal most of your wounds."

Mysticsage

Amelia blinked when Nyx mentioned healing her so nonchalantly, "You were the one to heal my wounds?" Knowing that not only did he stay by her side but somehow helped healer her made her heart. "I suppose that makes up for the fact you ran away and made me worry." She hugged him close for a second and scrunching his fur lovingly and making him look even more unkempt.

"You'll have to show me what you learned while I was out. For now, though we don't have much time until the others get back. Do they know you can talk?"

Throndir

When Nyx was picked up, he placed a hand as if to prevent it, but the cat purred anyways.

"There's all sorts of things here, something they call magic. But healing magic, at least the way I did it, isn't something that seems to be readily available... The healers that came to your aid didn't use a lot of magic, if any. I thought they were helpful at first, but as the first night went by, your condition wasn't getting any better at all. One of them said you were actually getting worse. If they weren't doing it right at all, I was half inclined to get them off you myself. No one touches my human."

"I learned saying 'Status' brings up the menu... I also found out that if you focus on each of the words, information pops up too. There was something on my list that looked like it would help... So that night, after the other humans left, I went up and tried it."

Mysticsage

Amelia listened intently, knowing that the kingdom had limited magical power helped a great deal with explaining a few things she was struggling to understand. It seemed like the former queen was a real lynchpin to the whole system. A real oracle of sorts and without her or their other cities they didn't have much at hand. "I don't think they have a clue yet that you were involved with much. Having a hidden ace in my pocket might not be a bad idea." Amelia  murmured to herself.

Her ears pirked up at the explanation of how Nyx used the status menu. That may be the key to getting some more information about what was going on with the two of them. She spoke the command word "status" and as the menu opened up she focused on each of the titles like Nyx explained hoping for a similar result. "It would be nice if there was a way to share screens or see others." She said couriously as she studied the information.

Throndir

A semi-transparent green window appeared in front of you then, as if it was floating in the air.

[okay]Amelia Reinhart
Hero's Servant
Level 6

Condition: Uninjured, Refreshed

HP: 9/9
MP: 10/10
STR: 14
DEX: 12
CON: 10
INT: 12
WIS: 10
CHA: 12
MAG: 10

Blessings: Translate All, Personal Status, Pet Cat[/okay]The moment you focused on one of the words, a new notification appeared.

[okay]You have gained a new title:『She Who Knows of Status』
You have gained +1 INT[/okay][okay]Focus on『Amelia Reinhart』
The name you identify with.

Focus on 『Hero's Servant』
Servant of a hero.

Titles:
Hero's Servant
From Another World
His Human
Diary Keeper
She Who Knows of Status

Focus on 『Level』
Numerical value to roughly represent how strong your are.

Focus on 『Condition』
Represents a status of your condition.

Focus on 『Uninjured』
You have no wounds.

Focus on 『Refreshed』
You do not feel tired.

Focus on 『HP』
Represents your hitpoints.

Focus on 『MP』
Represents your mana points.

Focus on 『STR』
Represents muscle and physical power.

Focus on 『DEX』
Represents agility, reflexes, and balance.

Focus on 『CON』
Represents your health and stamina.

Focus on 『INT』
Represents how well you learn and reason.

Focus on 『WIS』
Represents willpower, common sense, awareness, and intuition.

Focus on 『CHA』
Represents personality, personal magnetism, ability to lead, and appearance.

Focus on 『MAG』
Represents the users mana capacity, as well as the user's innate control of magic.

Focus on 『Translate All』
Ability to understand all spoken languages.

Focus on 『Personal Status』
Ability to pull up the Status screen. Focusing on specific items will bring up more information.

Focus on 『Pet Cat』
Your pet is the Summoned Hero.[/okay]
"I've made it a point not to act out of character. When you were still unconscious, and Matilda would come over she would pet me."

Mysticsage

"Let's keep you under wraps for now, if something goes wrong playing the innocent animal may allow us to squeeze past some troublesome issues in the future." She thought better than to mention that she was curious about just how much her cat had changed over time. Sure he had always been extremely bright for a cat, but that was the key phrase for a cat. Back home even if he was an above average cat he was still limited by the laws of nature. Here, however, not only was he able to talk, he was able to reason. A quality that historically has been the thing that had set humans apart from the rest of the animal kingdom.

However, her thoughts were cut short as she reached one part of the list as she skimmed through it. "This is interesting," she said to quietly.

Nyx could feel the rage slowly beginning to exude off her in waves. "Someone thought it would be funny to name me as your servant. I don't think they understand how our relationship works. You agree that we're companions don't you think Nyx. You had no say in this right? Surely this is just the magic causing more problems right?" Her murderous intent was almost physical at that moment.

Throndir

[okay]Heroic Action Point Gained[/okay]
"Ah... Well... Hahaha..." Nyx stammered.

"Yes... Magic is a very strange thing. I certainly, absolutely, indubitably agree with you that titles are completely false!" Your cat said, readily agreeing.

"Did I say title? I meant... whatever you're looking at!"

Okay Nyx, I absolutely can't tell her I have a title called 'Master of a Human'!
QuoteSense Motive requested

Mysticsage

[info]sense motive
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+1 : 12 + 1, total 13[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

[info]Sense Motive: 13
Nyx mentioned something about titles even though you had made no mention of it.[/info]