[IC] League of Extraordinary Merchants vs Musical Muscles

Started by Throndir, May 15, 2015, 11:28:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

QuoteBattle Log
[spoiler]Round 1 starts.
Barly drinks Monkey Fish extract, and moves to J4.
Jin activates Rapid Meldshaping.
Aion casts Fortune on Serena, then uses Chant.
Serena casts Mage Armor.
Shandon moves to west beam, and attacks and misses Grey.
Grey waits for trigger.
Round 1 ends, round 2 starts.
Barly moves to C6.
Jin moves with cerulean boots, and attacks Shandon and deals 19 damage.
Aion casts Fortune on Shandon, then uses Chant.
Shandon 5 ft. step away, casts Sanctuary.
Serena casts Eagle's Splendour
Grey attempts to balance, fails, and attempts to swim, succeeds ands up in K4 (let me know if you choose a different square, I'll walk you through movements on it with our double move action).
Barly uses shield extract, move action to poison his crossbow with Giant Wasp Poison.
Jin moves and attacks Aion and deals 17 damage
Aion casts Hold Person on Jin, Jin fails, activates Zealous Surge and fails.
Shandon casts cure moderate wounds.
[/spoiler]

Turn order:
[spoiler]Barly (League of Extraordinary Merchants)
Jin (League of Extraordinary Merchants)
Aion (Musical Muscles)
Shandon (Musical Muscles)
Serena (Musical Muscles
Grey (League of Extraordinary Merchants)[/spoiler]

Damage Taken/Status
[spoiler]Barly: 0, +10 land/swim speed monkey fish (29 rounds), +4 AC shield (30 rounds)
Jin: 0, 3 incarnate weapon, 2 mantle of flame, 1 lightning gauntlets, 1 cerulean sandals, paralyze from Hold Person (3 rounds)
Aion: 17, fortune on Serena (2 rounds), fortune on Shandon (2 rounds)
Shandon: 8, affected by fortune from Aion, Sanctuary
Serena: 0, affected by fortune from Aion, mage armor +4 AC (1799 rounds), eagles splendor +4 CHA (30 rounds)
Grey: 0[/spoiler]

Daily Usage
[spoiler]Barly: Monkey Fish extract, Shield extract, Giant Wasp Poison
Jin: Rapid Meldshaping ability, Zealous surge
Aion: Hold Person
Shandon: Affected by fortune, sanctuary
Serena: Affected by fortune, mage armor, Eagle's splendour
Grey:[/spoiler]

Grid Map
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Shandon still has a move action left.
Serena or Grey to move.

QuoteSwim
Make a Swim check once per round while you are in the water. Success means you may swim at up to half your speed (as a full-round action) or at a quarter of your speed (as a move action) [Throndir]Usually it's a whole 5 ft of movement for 1 square, but I'll round up rather than round down for movement. Let me know if anyone has any issues with it. So 30 ft / 4 = 7.5ft. movement (Usually only 1 square, but will round up to 2 squares of movement). If you fail by 4 or less, you make no progress. If you fail by 5 or more, you go underwater.

Diagonal Hampered Movement
When moving diagonally into a square where movement is hampered, a creature pays at least 15 feet of movement.

Mysticsage

Serena seeing her chance and watching as Jin struggled to escape from his binding gracefully slide her way in front of Aion "I hope you don't mind if I take this chance to cut in-" she said never taking her eyes from her target. She wore her usual broad smile but her aura was far more dangerous as she moved into an opened a palm stance. Moving close to her target she whipered close to where she imagined his ear to be, "I suggest you set your jaw because with what comes next you might bite off your tounge."

In a flurry of open palm strikes and slugs with well timed closed fists it looked as if she was in some kind of dance twirling and swaying with an internal tempo. She hit soft spots on the body places where even Jin's extensive protection had difficulty deflecting. Even when she did strike him directly her hands left a indentation as if he was being hit with three dozen battering rams.

Then she hit him solidly with the heel of her palm right under his chin making Jin's head snap back, giving her enough space for a side wind kick sending flying straight up in the air. Back flipping onto Aion's shoulders she used him and then the column in the middle of the arena as spring boards to get above him and with a twirling sidewinder kick to the top of the head send him crashing into the stonework pillar then slamming into the water while she gracefully landed back on the platform.

[spoiler]Serena moves 5ft in front of Jin free action

Then performs a coup d'état full action

Auto crit

For 10

[/spoiler]

Jin make a Fort save or instant KO

Grey
[spoiler]
Swim
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20-1 : 17 - 1, total 16
[/spoiler]

If Grey makes it he clambers onto the platform with his teammate out of breath laden down with all his shit and leather clothes panting for a moment. He really needed to work on his actual strength more since all that balance work did not seem to be paying off once he had regained his composure he moved again to be in a defensive position of the attached beam.

Grey moves to 8k

Lance

Since that time long ago, when Jin had first ventured into the great desert outside of Medina's walls as an orphaned child, he had naught but several meager rations, considerable traveling companions, and boundless resolve. However, the desert's dangers were no less fearsome than they were now and the environment was as harsh as ever. When hunger eventually came gnawing at his weary form, he had persisted for many days-on-end with a sunken belly and a smoldering hope. Likewise, when thirst came, Jin was no less determined despite bearing a throat so dry it felt as if it were aflame. Even when his companions started dying one-by-one with no end in sight, he endured silently but remained steadfast in his resolve.

In this way, he continued to withstand the journey's rigors, his passage marked by a great number of footprints-and a great number of graves.

Jin's companion's continued dying with each passing day after all, as food and drink became long-gone luxuries. Thus, the desert continued claiming victims, starting with the most frail among them and steadily worming its way up. Neither the sick nor the young were spared of course. Death came to all equally and without remorse. Eventually, after traversing a great distance, after overcoming much setbacks, after digging an untold number of graves, Jin was all that remained of the once-cheerful, ever-smiling group of Medina orphans.

The desert had changed the young boy, forging him through much suffering and pain into the man he was.

...In comparison, what manner of hardship was he facing now? Water ran boundlessly across the arena's full scope, his stomach was fed, his eyes not coated by a layer of dust, and most of all, in here at least, there was no death. Even if his opponents were to bind him with magic, pummel him while he couldn't resist, and send him crashing to the floor... compared to before...

This was Paradise.

[spoiler=Them Rolls]
Absorbing as much damage as possible from the crit into Jin's Steely Resolve, then applying Flame Mantle's damage against Serena's last attack.

Retribution Damage: [blockquote]Rolled 3d6 : 4, 1, 5, total 10[/blockquote]
Fortitude Save: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+12 : 3 + 12, total 15[/blockquote]

Also, I take it crits are now auto-max damage rolls?
[/spoiler]
"A wish? Okay, genie, make me a ham sandwich."

Throndir

QuoteSerena to roll damage for those crits.

Critical Hit
QuoteA critical hit means that you roll your damage more than once, with all your usual bonuses, and add the rolls together. Unless otherwise specified, the threat range for a critical hit on an attack roll is 20, and the multiplier is ×2.

Mysticsage

[spoiler=damage]Two Damage rolls
[blockquote]Rolled 1d6-1 : 2 - 1, total 1[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d6-1 : 3 - 1, total 2[/blockquote]
[/spoiler]

Throndir

QuoteSome rule clarifications since it was brought up.

Paralyze
QuoteA paralyzed character is frozen in place and unable to move or act. A paralyzed character has effective Dexterity and Strength scores of 0 and is helpless, but can take purely mental actions. A winged creature flying in the air at the time that it becomes paralyzed cannot flap its wings and falls. A paralyzed swimmer can't swim and may drown. A creature can move through a space occupied by a paralyzed creature—ally or not. Each square occupied by a paralyzed creature, however, counts as 2 squares to move through.

Steely Resolve
QuoteSteely Resolve (Ex): Your supreme dedication and intense focus allow you to temporarily set aside the pain and hindering effects of injuries. When an opponent strikes you, the injury does not immediately affect you.

I will rule Steely Resolve as a mental action due to the descriptors above.

Souldmelds
QuoteOnce shaped, a soulmeld remains in effect until the character chooses to unshape it (typically to shape a new soulmeld in its place). A soulmeld can remain shaped for a day, a month, a year, or even a character's entire life.

Unshaping a meld
QuoteGenerally speaking, a soulmeld remains shaped until the meldshaper chooses to unshape it in favor of another soulmeld. Sometimes, however, a soulmeld is designed to unshape as part of its function. The arms chakra bind of the bloodwar gauntlets, for example, allows you to unshape the soulmeld to deliver damage to nearby creatures

I believe soulmelds still take into affect even if the user is unconscious, as the idea I get is that they're equipment. But at the same time, even if it requires mental upkeep, paralysis still allows an able mind. So Mantle of Flame still works.

Let me know if I misinterpreted some rules or missed something somewhere. I'll resolve some stuff later today hopefully.

Throndir

QuoteBarly or Jin to move.

RP posts for announcers + status post later.

Throndir

"It looks like they have Jin held. It's only a matter of time until that particular spell would have been used in the tournaments!"

"True! But the question is can they make use of it?

QuoteBattle Log
[spoiler]Barly moves to C6.
Jin moves with cerulean boots, and attacks Shandon and deals 19 damage.
Aion casts Fortune on Shandon, then uses Chant.
Shandon 5 ft. step away, casts Sanctuary.
Serena casts Eagle's Splendour
Grey attempts to balance, fails, and attempts to swim, succeeds ands up in K4 (let me know if you choose a different square, I'll walk you through movements on it with our double move action).
Barly uses shield extract, move action to poison his crossbow with Giant Wasp Poison.
Jin moves and attacks Aion and deals 17 damage
Aion casts Hold Person on Jin, Jin fails, activates Zealous Surge and fails.
Shandon casts cure moderate wounds.
Grey moves to K7.
Serena auto-crits Jin and deals 3 damage. Jin absorbs damage in Steely Resolve. Jin saves against death.
Round 2 ends, round 3 starts.
[/spoiler]

Turn order:
[spoiler]Barly (League of Extraordinary Merchants)
Jin (League of Extraordinary Merchants)
Aion (Musical Muscles)
Shandon (Musical Muscles)
Serena (Musical Muscles
Grey (League of Extraordinary Merchants)[/spoiler]

Damage Taken/Status
[spoiler]Barly: 0, +10 land/swim speed monkey fish (29 rounds), +4 AC shield (30 rounds)
Jin: 0, 3 incarnate weapon, 2 mantle of flame, 1 lightning gauntlets, 1 cerulean sandals, paralyze from Hold Person from Aion (3 rounds), 3 damage on Steely Resolve
Aion: 17, fortune on Serena (2 rounds), fortune on Shandon (2 rounds)
Shandon: 8, affected by fortune from Aion, Sanctuary
Serena: 0, affected by fortune from Aion, mage armor +4 AC (1798 rounds), eagles splendor +4 CHA (29 rounds)
Grey: 0[/spoiler]

Daily Usage
[spoiler]Barly: Monkey Fish extract, Shield extract, Giant Wasp Poison
Jin: Rapid Meldshaping ability, Zealous surge
Aion: Hold Person
Shandon: Affected by fortune, sanctuary
Serena: Affected by fortune, mage armor, Eagle's splendour
Grey:[/spoiler]

Grid Map
[spoiler]Grey to K7
[/spoiler]

Shandon still has a move action left.
Barly or Jin to move.

QuoteSwim
Make a Swim check once per round while you are in the water. Success means you may swim at up to half your speed (as a full-round action) or at a quarter of your speed (as a move action) [Throndir]Usually it's a whole 5 ft of movement for 1 square, but I'll round up rather than round down for movement. Let me know if anyone has any issues with it. So 30 ft / 4 = 7.5ft. movement (Usually only 1 square, but will round up to 2 squares of movement). If you fail by 4 or less, you make no progress. If you fail by 5 or more, you go underwater.

Diagonal Hampered Movement
When moving diagonally into a square where movement is hampered, a creature pays at least 15 feet of movement.

Throndir

QuoteAuto resolving! Teams will be disbanded, and winners will just be the active players! If you were chosen as inactive, and come back for the RP, we'll think of compensation.

Grats Jin, Serena, and Grey to making the next round.