[IC] Pharaoh of Sphinxes

Started by Mysticsage, May 19, 2016, 04:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

[info]Pretend this take placed before we did our first jump.[/info]

"What are you-" The Tengu said as he watched the 'preparations'. Markus and Garret were carrying a dog each. With Roxanne, in the shape of a bear, carrying three of them. The last guard dog too was saddled with a whole lot of food. The Tengu just shook his head, though how he looked at the guild members, it was easy to tell he as being quite judgemental. He chose not to say anything however.

[info]Now back to the current scene! I'm assuming everyone is ready to go. We can assume the party spends about a minute in Kyl'Marn before jumping to the next location, to Shadar.[/info]

Throndir

Once everyone was prepared, the Tengu began casting the spell again. Each of you prepared their own way for the next jump, and soon enough the spell had triggered. The move was almost instantaneous and the current room morphed. The old wooden walls and panels changed into a clay-like brick. The floor, which was once made out of stone, instead changed into a hard slate-like polish. Cracks covered both the walls and floor, and like the previous building in Kyl'Marn, this too was bare in furniture. The temperature was much more warmer, and indeed the climate was uncomfortable.

Yet there was a difference in this room however, as an individual with a curved blade who stood at the entrance of the building. He wore the flowing regiment of the Shadar guards, and he too, who looked bored just moments before seemed to perk up when he realized he was no longer alone. He hesitated a moment, but before anyone else could react, he proclaimed out in a loud voice, he spoke in fluent common, though there was a distinct accent in his voice.

"Halt! You are under arrest for unsanctioned use of magic, illegal teleportation, unlawful tresspass, and unathorized smuggling." He pulled his weapon up to him threateningly. You seem him reach to his side where he pulled out what looked to be manacles.

"And... dogs?" His voice was perplexed as he realized some of the newcomers had dogs in their arms.

[info]Everyone roll initiative. Combat doesn't necessarily have to start, I just need to figure out turn order for both the Tengu and the guard, in relation to the players.[/info]

Mysticsage

[info]
Grey purposefully does not draw his sword so i get negative to my initiative.

will wait my turn to actually speak
Initiative
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 5 + 4, total 9[/blockquote] 
[/info]

Grey almost vomited again from the sudden force landing on one knee in the process, and then it suddenly died in his stomach as he heard the voice of the guards and everything went to steel. Standing slowly he wanted to curse his own luck teleportation magic was unreliable and now here was in a guard house. He had to think fast if he wanted to make it out of here alive

Mysticsage

[info]
reroll
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 2 + 4, total 6[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

[info]Note, like the other games I run, I'll do best effort on waiting 48 hours of inactivity before moving on to allow for schedule/courtesy. Likewise, on that topic, during combat we'll fall back to a modified initiative rules, where anyone can post at anytime, and even take multiple turns consecutively. Enemies and NPCs take just as many 'extra' turns as a player who 'forces' the next round to occur. I'll include a battle log once it starts, since its easier to explain by example. Likewise, as courtesy, wait a day or two before forcing the next round in combat.[/info]

Dan-e

Even though Markus was still somewhat disoriented from the teleportation he still readied his hand near the whip upon hearing the guard as he tried to gain his bearings in the room.[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+8 : 8 + 8, total 16[/blockquote]

FoxyPox

"Roller coaster! Everyone duck duck gooose!"

Roxy doubles over and lets the dogs loose. She also drops her muleback cords and whatever that was carrying so she has a light load.
Without natural spell, she's basically a meat shield until next level. Just forewarning.
[spoiler=They See Me Rollin']Bladder Control: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+5 : 1 + 5, total 6[/blockquote]
Aim [blockquote]Rolled 1d20-1 : 4 - 1, total 3[/blockquote]
Initiative [blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 16, total 16[/blockquote][/spoiler]

[spoiler=guard dog initiative]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 1, total 1[/blockquote][blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 18, total 18[/blockquote][blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 3, total 3[/blockquote][blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 16, total 16[/blockquote][blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 14, total 14[/blockquote][blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 7, total 7[/blockquote]
[/spoiler]

Valiancy

[spoiler]Initiative roll for Frikki! Will get back to posts later when I'm more focused x- x [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 12 + 4, total 16[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Throndir

[info]Markus or Roxanne or Frikki, feel free to state actions, or skip your turn.[/info]
As the dogs were loosened, they all started growling at the guard. One particular dog looked like it was about to pounce, but it knew better from its training and held back.

QuoteLog
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Initiative Order
[spoiler]Guard Dog 1: 18
Markus: 16
Frikki: 16
Roxanne: 16
Guard Dog 2: 16
Guard Dog 3: 14
Tengu: 14
Grey: 9
Guard Dog 4: 7
Shadar Guard: 5
Guard Dog 5: 3
Guard Dog 6: 1[/spoiler]

Damage Taken and Status
[spoiler]Guard Dog 1:
Markus:
Roxanne:
Guard Dog 2:
Guard Dog 3:
Grey:
Guard Dog 4:
Guard Dog 5:
Guard Dog 6:[/spoiler]

Daily Resources Used
[spoiler][/spoiler]

FoxyPox

A lightbulb goes on in Roxy's head, and she whips out a parchment she had previously scrawled on in druidic.

Through hand (paw) gestures, she tries to communicate that this was a warrant. Doing so, Roxy shifts closer to the front of the party and readies a full attack in case they take it the wrong way.

[spoiler=Shenanigans]
Roll for sign language communication (Sleight of Hand): [blockquote]Rolled 1d20-1 : 4 - 1, total 3[/blockquote]
Roll for credibility (Bluff): [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+12 : 17 + 12, total 29[/blockquote]
If that fails, roll for Intimidate: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+5 : 14 + 5, total 19[/blockquote]
[/spoiler]

Throndir

[info]You can only ready standard/move action. So that will just be a standard action to attack. Also, I treat language communication as an actual language rather than a skill roll, you can put Sign Language (common) in your sheet if you have the intelligence to spare for it.[/info]The guard frowned as he noticed your intricate hand movements. It was at that moment that his eyes widened in alarm.

"Cease your spell casting at once!"

[info]Markus or Frikki can state actions.[/info]

Throndir

[info]Force skipping Markus' and Frikki's actions by end of Thursday.[/info]

Dan-e

Without taking his eyes off of the guard, Markus gently sets the dog he was carrying down. Then readies his action to draw both of his whips if the guard engages anyone in the party.

With some quick thinking Markus blurted out the first -seemingly reasonable- excuse he could come up with to calm the guard. "Woah, wait friend, no one here is casting any spells! If you will hear us out, you'll see it is, or was, quite the opposite!" Markus looks back at the party quickly and gives a wink. "I thought I told everyone to stay behind me!" Turning back to the gueard he continues "I'm sorry, what year is this?" Markus started trailing off then quickly snapped back, "Oh, right why we're here. You see we given a bounty to bring in a rogue chronologist and someone must have triggered a trap as we had just entered his residence." as Markus rolled his eyes and motioned back to the party.
Bluff check [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 11 + 4, total 15[/blockquote]

Throndir

[info]-5 penalty since I'm treating that as unlikely.

[blockquote]Sense motive 1d20+2 : 19 + 2, total 21[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

The narrowed his eyes, but you can easily tell he began thinking about the explanation offered.

"A chronologist, eh? You don't hear much about those anymore." At first, he seemed to nod, though he paused for a moment as his face became serious.

"That's right you don't hear about them much anymore. Now come with me, before things get ugly."

At that moment, the Tengu who had come with you began chanting as his hands moved in intricate weavings. The guard saw the movements, and he immediately began to step forward, but the spell was cast, and soon enough the Tengu was gone.