[IC] Pharaoh of Sphinxes

Started by Mysticsage, May 19, 2016, 04:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan-e

Markus was never really fond of taking loans but was quite certain this would be the most efficient method of transportation and he was already growing impatient thinking about the treasures that hoped would be there awaiting them. "I'm ready, should be interesting to get out and about again!"

FoxyPox

[info]Roxy also tries to sell off her dowsing rod.[/info]
"This'll cover half the cost, dontcha think? It's sparkly with that magically stuff~!"

The best thing is? She genuinely thinks it's worth it. The magically stuff is glitter.

Appraise: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+1 : 6 + 1, total 7[/blockquote]
Bluff: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+12 : 11 + 12, total 23[/blockquote]
Diplomacy: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+12 : 2 + 12, total 14[/blockquote]

Throndir

"That's... a dowsing rod." The bird-like man said unamused.

[info]Waiting on Frikki for confirmation before I subtract people's gold.[/info]

Valiancy

Something seems to snap in Frikki's poor little head as he goes bonkers at the mention of losing coin. He runs in tight circles while fumbling for his coin pouch.

"Coin! Shiny coin! Coin coin! Heres? Yes? It's heres?!" Once a paw is on the pouch, he pries it open and stuffs his face in.

"Yes! Coins is here! I can do the paying thing, yes!", he says, though slightly muffled. He pulls his face out and plucks the coins needed from their home; All the while with his eyes closed.

"I is sorry shinies! Frikki... *sniff* Frikki has to let you goes now!"

Throndir

The Tengu quickly gathered up the four pouches of gold, and quickly, he placed them all into another one of his bags. It must have been magical in nature as the bag he used was no larger than a small pouch, yet he managed to stuff everyone's coin into it.

That done, he quickly went over to his merchant stand sign, and flipped one of them to say "Currently out". He beckoned for the group to follow as he revealed a some-what hidden door behind his merchant stand. It was covered behind a curtain, and after parting it disappeared inside.

The party followed soon after and upon entering you are greeted by a variety of different objects, displayed on tables around the room. They looked to be exotic pieces of art or possibly even artifacts. At the center of the room was a large open space and the avian proceeded to make his way there. There was a drawing of a circle that centered the room and he proceeded to instruct the party to step inside.

"I can cast the magic outside, yes, but privacy is usually better." He mentioned.

"I'll have to warn you, Shadar isn't entirely an open-border country, and illegal means of teleportation into the country is frowned upon." The avian proceeded to laugh, a strange sound, almost like a low chirping.

"Not that it ever stopped wizards from doing so. As I mentioned before there will be two jumps. One to get into Kyl'Marn. That cat-ruling regime are not very sensitive whe it comes to borders, so I expect no trouble. From there, another jump will take us into the country of Shadar. Izolé itself has too many prying eyes, so we'll head into the outskirts of Tawaret. I have an abode there that should be abandoned."

From what you remember from the rumours of the newly discovered ruins, the destination was just a day's journey from Tawaret, so the intended destination the avian offered linked up nicely.

"Keep your arms and legs inside the circle. For first time warpers, grabbing on to one another helps with the experience I was told... And if you happen to easily get queasy, I hope you didn't just have lunch."

With that the avian began chanting, incoherent words that seemed to flow from his mouth. Wisps of light appeared around him, as the circle on the floor too began to glow faintly. A few more seconds after that a flash of light exploded in the enclosed room. And a moment after that no one was left inside.

After the light diminished, you found yourselves in an entirely different room. Like the previous one however, this one was enclosed off. Unlike the one in Ternadan, there were no baubles or any decoration that lined the walls. In fact, for the most part, apart from a simple bed in the corner, the building was empty. The single window the room had looked out to a field of grasses. If you had to guess a meadow lay just outside the building. There wasn't anything else that you could see from your vantage point however.

"Welcome to Kyl'Marn." The avian said. "A land ruled by the catfolk. A menace in the past, but are rather docile the last hundred years." He followed up the simple trivia with ushering the group to the center of the room again.

This time however, you notice the avian pull out two wands. He made no threatening gesture and checked the group one last time. It was a curious act, but before you had a chance to question, he spoke up.

"We ready for the last jump?" He asked everyone.

[info]Last chance to get any mundane adventuring gear. If so, just update your inventory sheet. Also, since I sped up the storytelling a bit, here's potential exp.

+200 exp if you write/RP about the previous room/the teleport/this new area, etc. Otherwise, do any preparations you think are good to do, post in out-of-character or in character that you're ready, and we'll be off to Shadar![/info]

Mysticsage

Grey stumbled to one knee the moment they touched ground his stomach doing all kind of flips and turns. Threatening to lose his breakfast at any moment he tried to stand swaying. "I need like thirty minutes of fresh air or I think I'm going to lose myself." He rushed out of the nearest doorway into the fresh air. He gasped for a moment trying to abate the cold sweat building at the back of his neck for a moment. It took him a few minutes to regather himself enough to even attempt to stand up straight. His stomach was still flipping while he walked.

While he was waiting to regather himself he went about looking for any near by town he did not have much time in this nation before. He might as well look at the style of clothing and armor. Being catfolk he imaged they dealed in different styles focusing on agility and mobility. Looking for something unique in leather or hide since it was the most breathable. But then again trying to get metal to fit a feline form did interest him.

[info]Knowledge local to find an armorshop
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 6 + 4, total 10[/blockquote]

Appraise to get information about wares
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+10 : 15 + 10, total 25[/blockquote]
[/info]

Throndir

Garret
As you rushed out of the door, a breeze of wind greeted you. Before you was a large meadow, though, the grass weren't as green as you would have thought, at least the ones you know of in your native country. Behind you was the building that you had just come out from, it was a small shack with what looked to be hay, or some other coarse roofing material, and was built with simple wood, though it did have a stone base. As far as you can see in either direction the meadow spread onwards, though you did notice a couple of ruins that dotted in various places near the shack. There were some odd peripherals about however, some random chairs and something that looked like a large umbrella.

The tengu's voice sounded from behind.

"One of my pits stops." He explained. "There used to be a village here, abandoned long ago. Someone must have rebuilt this one particular shack, but from what I know it's been abandoned since I claimed it a decade ago."

"We're about a day's journey from the closest settlement." He said as he pointed northwards. He proceeded to point south a second later. "We're on the border of the Kyl'Marn kingdom to be exact. These meadows stretch on for miles, but eventually turn into hard rocky outcroppings, which eventually turn into the first steps of the Eastern Shaddar desert."

He beckoned for the group to gather.

[info]Just need a confirmation that your character sheets are good to go. From that point on, I'll be soft-locking the inventory of it so we don't get any outside things or last minute purchases that help with something like a tomb dive. So last chance again to quickly put stuff in your sheets before we start.

I'll give a day for responses, and will be moving on to the next scene tomorrow by 8 PM PST as well as locking the inventory sheets.[/info]

Mysticsage

[info]I think we are good to go [/info]

Dan-e

Markus and Charles are ready!

FoxyPox

[info]Greenlit. Side note: Everything below the guard dogs are part of their inventory, not mine~[/info]

Throndir

[info]Didn't realize you had guard dogs, there's a chance some of them may have been left behind. I'll need to double check the Tengu's teleport spell.[/info]

Throndir

[info]Yeah, you can only bring 1 Guard Dog with you, with the teleport option. We can have you bring more, if you convince the others to physically carry your dogs, as if they were baggage, it just needs to be under their max load weight.
You have a 180 pounds of animal feed too.

Here's my proposal:

1. Tengu (main caster), carrying 90 lbs/1 Guard Dog
2. Garret, carrying 90 lbs/1 Guard Dog
3. Frikki, carrying 90 lbs/1 Guard Dog
4. Markus, carrying 90 lbs/1 Guard Dog
5. Roxanne, (You'll need to leave behind something if you want to carry a 90 lb guard dog, due to your strength, check your inventory sheet and remove what is unneeded)
6. Guard dog, carrying 150 lbs of Animal Feed.

I will rule that a guard dog cannot 'carry' another guard dog. Because I don't see that happening. You can pile it with the food though.

Talk it out amongst your party members if you want to convince them to carry a guard dog. If you want to convince the Tengu, you'll need to roll some sort of social skill.[/info]

Mysticsage

[info]I can put my weapons equipment and rations up to 250 lbs in my bag of holding which i think all told holds my weapons my rations and my gear with 165 to spare. to help calculate however for the return home my bag must be empty because of what I want to bring home
[/info]

Dan-e

"I suppose I could carry one of these fine canines for this trip!" Markus commented happily at the idea of petting a dog. "And worry not Charles," Markus said softly to his backpack, "I'll make sure the two of you get along!"

FoxyPox

Okay. Imma pull multiple solutions at once.

[info]Anyone who wants to hold a dog, go right ahead. Anyone who wants to stuff one into a bag of holding, make them hold their breath and go right ahead. Otherwise...[/info]
[info]
With muleback cords, my carrying capacity is 300 lbs.
Wild shaping into a BEAR to give +2 Strength, bringing effective carrying capacity to 400 lbs. After dropping extraneous shenanigans from my inventory, I currently am carrying 123.6931 lbs. Thus I can carry one guard dog on my back, one in my hands, and one between my feet,, provided a separate guard dog carries all the feed.[/info]
[info]If need be, I spontaneously summon nature's ally to get an octopus with +4 strength. Or any other animal with higher strength to carry the others.[/info]
[spoiler=Every guard dog jumping simultaneously to reduce relative carry weight as I touch them.]
Note: I don't know what stat block to use for guard dogs .3. can't find 'em, but add their acrobatics modifier.
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 15, total 15[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 3, total 3[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 12, total 12[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 15, total 15[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 2, total 2[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 16, total 16[/blockquote]
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Every guard dog roped together with twine and I squat down and bear hug them]
No use rope. What is this~!? Madness! Using escape artist instead.
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20-1 : 1 - 1, total 0[/blockquote][/spoiler]

One guard dog carries the brunt of the food and the others are dispersed as necessary in most situations. More solutions to follow. Anyone have feather fall?