[Fred] Chapter 6: Spirit Tree

Started by Throndir, May 27, 2019, 12:27:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linwelin

[info]Requested CON roll (with damaged CON, yay! >.>)

[blockquote]CON check:  1d20+1 : 4 + 1, total 5[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

Location - Deep Underground - Shuren's Resting Place
Date: Day 2 - Time: 4 PM - 6 PM

You spend another 2 hours training. However, you really were pushing yourself far, and you found yourself fatigued. It was around this time that food was being handed out to the Dark Ravens, and it was Gu Bai who approached you to give you hers.

"Training... hard?" The girl said as she handed you what looked to be a bowl of dried salted fish, and rice.

QuoteFeel free to declare any other actions you might do the rest of the evening. Let me know when you want me to start Day 3. We can always run threads in a parallel. The site has been undisturbed for years, so would likely continue to do so.

Linwelin

Fred was panting at this point, "Ha...ha...yes. Harder than I expected." Fred happily accepted the bowl from Bai, plopping down on the ground. "I feel sore in the same areas that hurt when we were saving Ruogang...I didn't think I took any lasting damage, but I guess I was wrong." He chuckles before, awkwardly, trying to eat the rice with the utensils given. "How do you even pick up this stuff with these?" He motions to the rice, then the sticks in his hands. "Such a strange tool choice for tiny food like this." He does his best to mimic Bai's use of them, finally getting a good enough hang of it.

"I think I'll need a long rest tonight, and maybe take thins a bit easier tomorrow, at least until I recover." Fred manages to say between mouthfuls.

"What's been going on while I've trained?"

[info]Fred's going to spend his night looking through his status window, checking any new entries, and trying to discover any '??' descriptions

As far as checking in with people, he's going to see how Ruogang's recovery is going, as well as how the Lai sisters + Sio Ai are handling things.

After that, he's going to spellcraft, then sleep.[/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

Location - Deep Underground - Shuren's Resting Place - Gu Bai
Date: Day 2 - Time: 6:00 PM

"You're getting the hang of it!" Gu Bai said, watching as you used the two sticks to put food in your mouth.

"Not a whole lot... a couple of others are still awkward around me, but Eris has been helping." Bai explained. "I've been practicing my meteor hammers in the meantime though. Lai Fen gave these to me when I first joined." Gu Bai said as she pulled out two metallic balls with spikes on them, both orbs attached by a chain. "Everyone else had been training too, we all know we might run into some more fighting soon, and I think everything is tense... with umm... the two traitors around."

Location - Deep Underground - Shuren's Resting Place - Alone
Date: Day 2 - Time: 6:30 PM

Looking through your Status window. You saw some changes since the last time.

[okay]Focus on 『The Silent Destroyer』
???

Focus on 『Update Viewer』
Life feed of updates.

Focus on 『History Viewer』
Able to see a history of all Title, Stat, and Name changes.[/okay]

Location - Deep Underground - Shuren's Resting Place - Ruogang's Recovery
Date: Day 2 - Time: 7:00 PM

You went towards where Ruogang was recovering. Jed was already there, seemingly taking the role of caretaker for the injured. Not just Mo Ruogang, but those who had been injured from the batch of Dark Ravens Filiane brought were laid out in make-shift beds.

"Fred! Ruogang's not looking good." He shook his head. "She took the full brunt of the poison. If it weren't for Eris and you, she would have died. We don't have much medicines or antidotes down here. She might have passed the worst of it, but I can't say for certain."

Mo Ruogang was still unconscious. She breathed shallowly, and her features were paler than usual.

Location - Deep Underground - Shuren's Resting Place - Lai Sisters and Sio Ai
Date: Day 2 - Time: 7:30 PM

You found them all together near the large tree at the center. Shuren wasn't around, presumably the man was off about talking with the rest of the Dark Ravens somewhere in the encampment. Lai Ju had been sitting down nearby, and when she saw you, she waved over to you. There was a tear in her dress, though it looked like a clean cut, rather than ripping it off. Sio Ai was wearing different clothing. Gone was the blood-stained dress. Instead, it was replaced with a simple blue and white dress. Her green hair ribbon was gone as well, this time replaced with a red-colored ribbon, and it was then that you realized that the tear in Lai Ju's outfit was actually cut to provide the ribbon for Sio Ai.

Lai Fen was with Sio Ai. Fen sitting on the ground, closing her eyes, with Sio Ai holding a stick with two hands, with a determined look at Lai Fen.

"Try it again kid." Lai Fen said opening a single eye to look towards the small girl.In response, raising the stick high in the air, Sio Ai attempted to smash the stick right on top of Lai Fen's head with all her might, but a simple movement of Fen's head, and using her bracers, managed to easily angle the attack away. "Too obvious!" Sio Ai's face was about to turn to one of frustration, but the moment she saw you, she eased herself up, and then smiled brightly.

"Fred...!"

Location - Deep Underground - Shuren's Resting Place - Spell Crafting
Date: Day 2 - Time: 8:00 PM

You spend some time alone, attempting to make some spells. You did things such as gathering the mana, then imagining what kind of new spell it would take the form of. It was during then that Eris had suddenly appeared. She had a slight smile on her face "Mana Sensitivity." Eris said. "Once it develops further... It lets me know when someone is around casting spells, or playing around with mana." 

"Working on something?"

QuoteI can help work with you on this, just give me a list of the spells you want, and I'll come up with suggestions, we can do it outside this thread as well. Discord/Messenger.

Linwelin

"Wow, that...is not a weapon I expected you to wield. Oh, and correction, only one is a traitor. The other, hmm, what's the word for it...a convert? Is that right? Either way, you started as Red Hand, but chose to use your situation and position to protect us as best as you could. Traitor is a bit harsh, don't you think?" Fred said with a comforting chuckle, followed up with another, more controlled bite of rice.

Hmmm, first the quick, and now silent? What does it do? 'The Quick' ended up making Destroy faster. Then do things break without a sound now? Or can I be silent while I perform it? Fred began trying to figure out how best to test this function without causing people to panic.

"Hmm..." Fred looked down at Ruogang, studying her in hopes of thinking of a solution. "Jed, do you know of anything that would at least give her some strength back? To help fight it? She's looking extremely pale and weak."

Fred smiled back, approaching Lai Ju. Upon noticing that the cut cloth from her dress was made into a ribbon for the young girl, Fred's eyes widened in epiphany. "Nice work!" He exclaimed, meeting Ju's eyes, then eyeing the cut, followed by the ribbon to wordlessly show he noticed.

But that wasn't the end to the shock for Fred, as he heard his name called by a very unfamiliar, small voice. "She speaks!" He says happily, making his way to the two former princesses. "It's good to see you both. What, uh, were you just doing? Also-" He turns to the youngest in the group. "What should I call you, little one? I mean, I know your name, but now's your chance if you want to be called by a different one. It seems to be popular these days." Fred said somewhat jokingly.

Fred glanced up at Eris in surprise, then acceptance as the reason she was here dawned on him. "I'm just trying to practice the 'imagery' thing everyone had mentioned earlier when we were discussing spells. And then figuring out what might be useful." He looked down at his hands, letting what mana he had gathered dance in his palms. "And something I realized fairly quickly is that all of my memories are as a bird. So my imagery is based on a raven's perspective. It doesn't seem to fit magic well without some modifications of basics being met. So I was thinking..." He looked back up to Eris. "Do you think it would be hard, or even possible, to form wings with magic, or ki, or both? It doesn't really need to give flight, though that would be great. Just as a form to cast magic through. Like a wing flap throws magic, maybe via feathers. But I have no idea how to do something that complex." Fred looks back at his hands making the blob of mana into the form of a feather as best as he could. "The closer I get to being similar to a raven, the better I'll be able to move. After all, I have 25 years of bird instincts that are currently untapped!" He let out an exasperated sigh.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

Gu Bai stuck her tongue out. "That reminds me of my brother! When I first picked out the meteor hammer, he had told me it was a poor fit, since I would be bound to accidentally hit myself or others..." She smiled fondly thinking on older memories. "I did hit myself a few times... And once I accidentally ended up swinging it too wide and losing my grip, hurtling it straight towards the Red-Hand overseer who was watching us. Oh, he didn't like that."

As she watched you eat, she softened a bit. "Thank you again, Fred. Lai Fen stopped by, too, along with Lai Ju... Shuren also sat and talked with me. It was all rather scary, but I think they're all been fine with me, and they told me to come to them if I ever feel uncomfortable with anything. I just can't help but feel everyone's hesitant around ,e because of what happened."

Location - Deep Underground - Shuren's Resting Place - Alone
Date: Day 2 - Time: 6:30 PM

When thinking about what to test it on, thus far you've managed to have been able to destroy the clothing off of the emperor, guards, and Mo Ruogang earlier. If there was something to test it on, that would be either yourself, or even someone who might possibly understand and know of your ability. The Lai sisters were some of those who knew of your ability, not to mention the other Dark Ravens who had been near when you exposed (literally) Mo Ruogang.

"To bring up my honey's health?" He paused, then a moment later ripped his shirt off, exposing his well-toned and chiseled body. "This helps me think better. ☆" He said winking at you. He hunched

The thinking man held the position for awhile. "Hmmm... there are Ki abilities that I use that can give me temporary boosts to strength, along with my physical form. I would be able to endure through things better, but... I can't help my poor honey with just that! Oh, Ruogang! If only I could inhabit your body and give you this overflowing love for my family to boost your strength...!" He spoke loudly, enough for most of everyone else nearby to shoot him a glance.

"No Fred... There is nothing I can do..."  His eyes lighted up a moment later. "Perhaps, if I saturate the air with my manliness, Ruogang can can feel some of it, and absorb it through her own body! Now Fred my heroic honey...! ☆ Feast your eyes on my true form!"

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

A pink colored aura started to appear around him. His entire body tense and taught, while his eyes sparkled with both adrenaline and oozed testosterone as he laid a hand on Ruogang's forehead. The veins were literally popping from the man's well-toned form.

QuoteThis actually has no effect on Ruogang, but he'll do it anyways, this will start his training for Healing Touch.

When you caught eyes with Lai Ju, the vice-leader blushed and averted her eyes, though she moved them back to you a moment later. "... We still have all of her old clothing... But no one in the streets wear clothing to that amount of... wealth. I think this suites her better." Lai Ju explained.

When you made your way towards the Fen and Ai, the little girl moved up to hug you. Which, to her height, just reached to right above the waist. After that, you noticed the little girl glance towards Lai Ju in approval, as Ju simply nodded and smiled.

"Sister told her to do that, a show of thanks, or something." Lai Fen scoffed. "Looks like you caught us training the little kid." Lai Fen said, there was almost a hint of pride in her voice.

Ai nodded, but at the mention of a new name she only cocked her head in confusion. "I am Ai..." She then pointed at you. "Fred." Next to Lai Ju. "Big sister." Finally she pointed to Lai Fen.

"Meanie."

"Oh? You little brat!" Lai Fen said, throwing a stick right to the kid's head.

QuoteAGI check, DC 15 if you want to catch it. You can resolve it yourself if you do roll it.

"Wings... There was a story that the monks that raised me had told me in the past. It was the story of a martial artist who fell in love with a princess who lived in the heavens. But because he was just a mortal, he knew he wouldn't be able to meet her. But he continued to train in martial artists, becoming even the best in the entire lands. So good was he, that he eventually willed himself to sprout wings from his back, soaring into the skies, to meet his princess he longed for." She paused for a moment as she looked at you. "It was a story about hard-work... and I'm not sure if any of that could actually be real though... I've seen ki be used in weird ways, but right now, I'm not sure if its possible with Ki."

"As for magic... I'm not sure either. The magic the priests taught me was one inspired by the goddesses. It's how we can imagine some magic, and the words of how to invoke it appear to us. But there's also another type that is used often, this is called cultivation. It's a mix of both Ki and mana. It's used to enhance your own innate skills and abilities. Maybe through that, you can make wings?"

QuoteEven without a mentor, you could attempt to self-teach yourself particular techniques.

Linwelin

[info]Rolls pre-post. Wasn't sure second one would be needed.
[blockquote]Agility Check:  1d20+13 : 13 + 13, total 26[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Precautionary Spellcraft:  1d20+6 : 15 + 6, total 21[/blockquote][/info]

GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Linwelin

Fred could only smirk at Bai's story, "Now you're just making it sound like your brother and I are right, Bai. Though I admire the determination. If anything I hope to emulate it, since I have to work at learning to use so many tools I'm not familiar with." Fred holds up and clacks his chopsticks together, displaying his most recent example.

Gulping down a couple bites, Fred looks back at the grateful, klutzy person before him, nonchalantly speaking his thoughts. "Well, think of it this way. Nothing's actually changed. You were a member of the Red Hand, but knowing that does not make the past, present, or future any different than if we didn't know that. Because you are still you. As long as you're not going to be malevolent, which I don't think you're able to after seeing your titles, there isn't any issue. It's just going to take some time for people to get over the surprise."

Hmm...I'd imagine my best bet for testing would be with the Lai sisters. I doubt they'll be happy to help, though... Fred made up his mind to ask one of the vice leaders when he got the chance.

"Ohhhhh~" Fred excitedly watched as Jed stood up to reveal his 'true form'. "I've never heard of humans transforming before!"

Fred's surprise turns to confusion, as all he sees is Jed ripping his clothing by expanding and straining his muscles. When nothing else happens, Fred cautiously muttered to himself, "Is that it...?" Once the pink aura started to appear, Fred just accepted what he'd seen and continued to watch, hoping the man could help. Jed's arms strained, the aura flowed stronger, and...!

Nothing's happening. Fred thought to himself in disappointment. However, he continued to watch without another word, hoping to instead learn something from Jed's use of aura.

Fred nodded at Ju's reasoning. "That's likely a good call. And you're right, she at least seems more comfortable."

Fred looked back at Ju while patting Ai's head during the hug, giving her an accusing smirk, before looking back down at Ai. "Thanks accepted, little one. And training?" He looks toward Fen. "Training her for what, Fen?"

"Pfff!" Fred couldn't help exhaling in surprise, stifling laughter at 'Meanie'. With a laughing tone still being suppressed as he spoke, he responded to Fen's reaction, "I guess we know who her favorite is!" The laughter suddenly stopped as Fred saw the stick whirling toward Ai. He quickly reached out to try to grab it before impact.

After hearing Eris' explanation, Fred stood up and gripped the mana he'd gathered, closing his eyes to harness it. "Cultivation sounds like a path I may want to follow, but for now let's see if I can form some wings with energy... Fred focused, then relaxed his body, imagining the feel of the wings he'd lost in proportion to his new body. They used to be in place of my arms...but arms and hands are too useful to give up...let's try sprouting them from my back, and see if it works...

A colorless, faint outline of wings began to form behind Fred. They didn't seem to have a physical presence, but their movements were life-like, as though Fred had just unfurled wings to fan them out.

"Ha! Success!" He said gleefully, giving them a couple quick flaps. They didn't even stir any wind, but the presence alone was seemingly enough for him.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

Gu Bai nods. "It will take time..." Gu Bai agreed. "I know titles are used by the adventuring association of our country... Is that umm... well... you're able to know my titles? What are my other ones?" Gu Bai asked curiously.

The man began to roar as well as he continued to pour and pour more of his power into the very air itself. It was of course not really doing anything at all, other than one of the Dark Ravens yell out "Quiet down Jed!" But the large man continued his efforts anyways. It was almost comical to watch and hear Jed continue his charging of Ki only to continually keep stopping to catch his breath.

QuoteWe can pretend this happened 30 minutes earlier, and I'll let you roll a Training check to start learning Ki Projection, from observation. Roll a CON check if so, since you're past the 8 free hours already. Note you are fatigued already, but roll normally.

You easily caught the stick as it was thrown towards Ai. You had it twirly around your hand and fingers but soon enough had it at rest, grasped safely in your hands.

"Everyone here is trained, and if you're going to be living with the Dark Ravens, you should be able to survive out in the streets if you need it." Lai Fen replied. "The rest of us will always try to be here for each other of course, but if you can't help yourself, you can't help anyone else."

The little girl seemed completely oblivious to the fact that the stick was thrown at her, so she continued to hug you.

"Is that your Ki?" Eris asked. "It's very... well... raven-like I suppose."

QuoteSince it's just for flavor, it's fine, but technically you'd need to be able to learn how to project Ki outside your body first with the Ki Projection technique.

Linwelin

"Hmm? Your titles? Well, it's been a day or so since I checked, you may have gained new ones." Fred continues eating while looking at her, "Hirstry Vierer" He tries to say with a full mouth. Realizing that's not going to work, he takes a moment to swallow, "Haaa, better. History Viewer."

[info]Again, just the new/interesting ones. I can look back at the old ones easy enough, so you only have to mention any changes.[/info]

[info][blockquote]Training:  1d20+6 : 10 + 6, total 16[/blockquote]
[blockquote]CON check:  1d20+1 : 20 + 1, total 21[/blockquote][/info]

"Hmm, makes sense, I suppose." Fred says as he pitches the stick back at Fen to catch. "After all, that's my intent, as well."

Fred motions for Ai to stop the hug, then kneels down and pats her head. "Keep it up, little one. She may be a 'meanie' at times, but Fen is one of the strongest people here. You have a lot to learn from her." He looks up toward Fen. "Actually, we both do. I'm a bit tired today, but I'd like to get some training from you, as well. Unless you think Shuren knows everything you do. Also, I have a request."

Fred stands back up, "I got an upgrade to my 'Destroy' power, and I'd like to know what it does. Would one of you be willing to have me test it on you? You know what it does, so if that sounds...undesireable to you, you can say no."

As soon as Fred tries to converse with Eris, the wings collapse and the ki loses form entirely. "...Huh. Looks like there's a lot more to learn before I can sustain that. And as for the 'raven' look, well that's the form I'm most comfortable with. I don't think I could make anything else as I am now." After looking around behind him a moment to confirm the form was completely gone, he turned his attention back to Eris. "So what's the 'cultivation' thing you mentioned? Is there anyone in our group that is doing it so I can get a basic understanding?"

QuoteAgreed, my intent wasn't to succeed in making a functional skill, it was just as a proof of concept/fluff. I'll still be exploring making a new spell, though.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

Looking through the titles, there weren't any new changes.

You weren't able to make much progress on projecting Ki. But the sight of Jed being covered in a pink aura was indeed a sight to see!

"Your power?" Fen thought about it for second. "You mean stripping our clothes off?" She asked, there was a slight blush on her features.

"... no..." Ju said, blushing as well. "B-but umm..." She looked to the ground, and covered her face. You can tell she was turning bright red imagining it.

Fen, on the other hand, laughed. "Well what is the upgrade? It won't hurt or anything right?"  She paused. "Well, I guess even if it did hurt, as long as it didn't outright kill me, I wouldn't have minded."

Eris nodded. "It's very much tied to your ki. It's a path where you focus on improving yourself in a specific field. Eventually you'd be able to combine your own martial skills with elemental properties, or even make any of your existing abilities stronger. Each of us here practice it to a degree."

QuoteMany cultivation concepts are already similar to existing abilities, but added some new ones to the list. https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vQn_-qfO648ocWfYyzy1tUO3pr1rvYY16jZw0R9a1gRlsJ_us9HOk5wgSo8P-ZvdnONXNhC1LFnFdZa/pub

Feel free to have suggestions, some of the ones I added:
-Magicka Cultivation I (Damage) (magicka system) - More damage for spells
-Magicka Cultivation I (DC)  (magicka system) - High DC for spells
-Magicka Cultivation II (Damage) (magicka system) - More damage for spells
-Skill Cultivation I (skill) - Skill bonus
-Strength Cultivation - Permanent Ability increase
-Dexterity Cultivation - Permanent Ability increase
-Constitution Cultivation - Permanent Ability increase
-Intelligence Cultivation - Permanent Ability increase
-Wisdom Cultivation - Permanent Ability increase
-Charisma Cultivation - Permanent Ability increase
-Magic Cultivation - Permanent Ability increase
-Skill Cultivation II (skill) - Roll twice, take better (advantage) on skill checks

Linwelin

Fred perused through the list, "Well, other than your usual Dark Ravens titles that everyone here has, and the Spy related ones, there's 'The Klutz' and 'The Timid'. I wouldn't have expected those to actually be titles, who knew? I find them endearing, to be honest." Fred said with a smile.

[info]Ending the Jed moment.[/info]

Fred sighed, "Yes, that one. It supposedly has a 'Silent' description now. It could mean a few things, so I wanted to see exactly what. I'm honestly surprised this is considered a power for a 'hero'. This Goddess of yours is a strange one. So to answer your concern, I don't think it hurts at all. But it will destroy whatever you're wearing. So?" Fred gave the two vice-leaders a goading smile. "Who's interested?"

"Interesting...well then I guess I should be focusing on my ki training more," He gave Eris a genuine smile. "Thank you."

He then looked back down at his hands. "But I still think I should try to make another spell in the mean time. Back when we were fighting a group, I could only target one person at a time. But I don't have a good reference on what's destructive and possible with magic...hmm..."
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

Gu Bai frowned. "Oh..." She said sadly. "Even fate itself seems to think I'm a klutz?" She sighed, but then a look of determination filled her eyes.

"That's okay, Fred, I'll prove them all wrong!" She said as she stood up quickly her fists pumping in a cheer. Unfortunately, this ended up tipping the empty bowl and chopsticks she had at her side, as they clattered and made fell to the ground.

"Aau~" Gu Bai said, visibly getting disheartened.

QuoteSome metagaming, for Silent Destroyer, the moment you think about one or the other's clothing coming off, your ability would trigger. Figured I'd need to bring it up, since in this scene, there's a chance Fred might have had the thought cross his mind.

Lai Ju wrapped her arms around her as she blushed and looked away. Lai Fen on the other hand only laughed more.

"Stripping your vice-leader's clothes off! Oh what would everyone think." Lai Fen said teasingly. "You're not going to do it." Lai Fen said daringly.

"A few days after the temple I was raised in was raided leaving everyone dead... I had run into some bandits who wanted to take me and probably have their way with me." Eris said somberly. "I was already taught some magic... but in my fury then, I wanted to destroy them all. I wanted them all to suffer and to die. That was when I got a title 'Wielder of Darkness'. I was thinking about burning them, but the spell that came out instead was one of the Darkness attribute, it was in the form of a black fire. Not that I'm recommending you use a spell like that... But really, all there is to it is to think about what kind of spell you want to happen, say the words that come to mind, and they just do. It's due to this ease of use that most people who practice cultivation in our country focus on the martial and Ki aspects of it, rather than magic." Eris explained.

"The stronger the spell, the more mana it uses. Though I've found that spells that you envision in affecting more than one thing has its cost skyrocket. For me, I have a special blessing that lets me use devastating spells even if I choose to imagine the weakest kind, and the cost never really goes up too high. But I suspect it'll go differently for you."

Linwelin

"Pf!" Fred can't help letting a small laugh escape. "One step at a time, then, Bai. You'll get there."

"You're right, since I know humans care so much about being clothed. Strange." Fred then looks down at his own arm while he speaks. "If I had to choose, I would probably test it on myself, since I don't care. Wonder what that would be like?

[info]Fred has contemplated destroying his own clothes.  ;) [/info]

"Really, so it's all about will? So strange. There was nothing like this in my old world." Fred leans back where he's sitting, staring at the ceiling of the cave in thought. "I think I have an idea. I'll have to try it out when I get a chance, but I'm a bit tired now. Speaking of..." Fred sat up straight again, and looked toward Eris. "How are you holding up? After the thing with Ruogang? It surprisingly hit me during training, and I know you got the worse part of the sharing."
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

QuoteColor and picture change for Gu Bai

"Yes! I will."

In that moment, all your clothing blew right off. Exposing yourself to the rest of them.

Sio Ai, who had hugged you just moments before had the closest look.

"So that's the size, huh."

"Fred! Put some clothes on!"

Shuren appeared out of no where. "Impressive."

Eris nodded. "I feel weaker than normal. But the damage will go away... Darkness spells typically negatively affect the caster too. Ruogang is the one who'll take the most to recover, and unlike us, she isn't a hero."