[Fred] Chapter 6: Spirit Tree

Started by Throndir, May 27, 2019, 12:27:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linwelin

"Oh, no, no. I remember Filiane mentioned this a little while ago. This isn't the goddess you all know. He's a god from my old world. Seemingly he had a hand in getting me to be summoned here. Well if you couldn't detect it, then no matter. He was just checking in, it seems." Fred shrugged off the conversation topic, seeing it as unimportant. He then looked to the two maids, "Anyways, thank you for the tea. It reminds me of home." He took another relaxed sip.

Fred's ears perked up, "Survivors!?" He quickly looked to where Han-Tu motioned, before moving past her to the commotion. He did a greeting nod, allowing Filiane to speak her mind and report in. "Well, I'm glad you all have made it. I'm glad we left when we did, or we all could have suffered the same ambush. I personally want to go back to fight for them, but does that sound like a successful plan? It sounds like they outnumbered us greatly. And I want to do my best to not reveal this place to anyone." Fred addressed the rest of the group. "What're your thoughts? Should we go, or hone ourselves for retaliation?"
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

Both maids bowed their heads when you thanked them for the tea.

"I want to go back... But... Tharielle and the other's sacrifice would have been in vain if we lose any more. The worst that could happen is that we're pushed back again, and this time the Red Hand would be able to follow us back to here."

"It's a maze to get down here. But show them the way once, and you can be sure the rest of them will know. If we go back and try to find Tharielle and the others, we have to make sure to kill every last one of the Red Hand that might follow us back."

"Personally, I don't mind killing them all."

Lai Fen then glanced towards you. "You're the leader Fred. We can get mobilized in under a minute. And not to put a downer on this plan either, but the rest of the Dark Ravens... They could very well already be dead."

Linwelin

Fred thought for a moment, a little shaken that someone he'd only just met had likely met a horrible fate due to the Red Hand. "Well...I don't know about you all, but risking any of your lives for such an unknown chance seems like a poor plan. As Filiane put it, if this fails, we all will likely die by leading them back here. I don't fear death, but I don't welcome it, either. The intent of Tharielle and the rest with her was to keep us hidden and safe. They succeeded, and I would like to honor that success." Fred said in a disappointed, yet solemn and resolute tone. "Ravens only ever act aggressive with certainty. This is too uncertain for my liking."

The Fred's eyes turned cold, and his tone sharper, "But for hunting down my family so viciously...it's personal now. There will be blood for our blood, and we will take back our home when we've recovered and honed ourselves."
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

The seconds drew on by as time seemed to slow. There was a sullen silence as each of the members of the Dark Ravens listened to your words and decision. They knew you were right of course, there were too many unknowns, too many risks. It could have potentially lead to the downfall of not only the ones who would have been sent to rescue any survivors, if any. But the rest of the Dark Ravens would have been placed into danger as well. Even if they consoled themselves that this was for the better, even if they told themselves that it was the decision of the leader, even if they logically weighed the positives to the negatives, most of the Dark Ravens too burned with hateful passion. No other words needed to be said. They all felt it keenly. It was easy to tell those who were affected the most, for it was they that closed their eyes, finally having chance to accept the hard truth before them.

One by one, each of the Dark Ravens went back to their makeshift camps, beds, or simple patches of ground that they had chosen for themselves. Those that were wounded were being tended to by the others. And then there were others that simply went straight to sleep, to attempt to push out unwanted thoughts.

Finally, it was back again to being just you, the Lai sisters, and Shuren. "A hard decision Fred. But... probably the wisest course of action too." Shuren locked eyes with you and nodded. "It was a sound one."

Linwelin

"Yes...it's not the decision I want to make, but I'm not about to risk all our safety." Fred says as he watches his disheartened family return to their resting areas. After a pause, he turns to Shuren. "But that's the past now, all we can do is prepare for the future. I'll be taking my own rest shortly, but I'd appreciate as much training as you can manage tomorrow. I need to learn how to use that weapon before even thinking of entering those caves and fighting the Red Hand."

He turned to address the three girls there as well, meeting each of their eyes as he said their names. "Fen, Ju, Ai...sleep well, and take care of yourselves. I'll see you in the morning." He then began walked over to the great tree, deciding to sleep beneath it. He personally wanted to perch in it like old times, but leaning against the trunk worked just as well, and he would still get the familiar comfort he needed.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

The others said their goodnights and goodbyes as well.

Location - Deep Underground - Shuren's Resting Place
Date: Day 2 - Time: 10 AM

It was hard to tell that it was morning. Without a sky or sun to wake you up, you only had your biological clock to give you estimates on when was morning. But you had woken up naturally, seemingly, the place you rested in had a soothing effect on you. There were a couple others who were already up as well. You also noticed Fen, Ju, and Ai just 5 ft. away, sleeping together. Though with Ju in the middle, and Ai on the opposite site of Fen. The little girl, Ai, had some blankets that she was sleeping on top of, though, she ended up being partly on top of Ju. All three were still fast asleep.

"You awake?" It was Shuren's voice, and you found him on your opposite side, his back leaning against the same tree as well.

Linwelin

Fred couldn't help smiling at the scene he'd woken up to. Finally, some peace. I'm glad that Ai has gotten a bit more comfortable, considering her circumstances. He thought to himself.

Fred was then caught off-guard by Shuren's voice, jumping a bit before responding, "Yes, I'm awake. I guess you don't really sleep, do you?"
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

"No... I do have that... perhaps you can call it a deep sleep when time simply goes by. But since everyone came here, I don't feel like I need to. To be honest, I'm not even sure if what I am now is permanent or not. I don't get tired, so I'd like to experience as much of everyone while everyone is still down here. From what everyone told me last night, I never know when it could be my actual last time with everyone, you know? I'm thankful to the goddess that I'm given this chance."

He laughed shortly after. "I spent sometime talking with each of the people on watch last night. I'm glad to know that even after my passing, things still feel the same."

Linwelin

It hadn't occurred to Fred that Shuren's existence itself was questionable, and possibly finite. So all of the spirit's actions began to make more sense. He wanted to ensure a relationship like a father for the Lai sisters before he disappeared, he wanted to talk with everyone he knew when alive casually, as a friend. He'd made this family and wanted to take full advantage of enjoying their company while he could. It was a regret Fred related with, as there were many other ravens, and even people, he wished he could have had one last experience with before his death.

Fred smiled at Shuren's observation about the group, "Yes, you formed a good family, Shuren. And I plan to make sure that doesn't change. If we're lucky, it could even grow." Fred continued to look out over the camp. "It's been a while since I felt peace like this. Or at least it feels like a while."
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

"To grow..." Shuren smiled ruefully. "Originally I started the Dark Ravens to give homes to those who didn't have any; to help the common person with the unfairness of life. I targeted the trade between Baolong to other villages, did my best not to kill, and gave out food, supplies, and money to the common folk. I would take in any who would choose to help too... Before we knew it, we became family. Though, with notoriety means unwanted attention too. To be honest Fred, what I would have liked to see would be a world without the need of the Dark Ravens."

"But instead now, you've taken up that burden..." He grinned at you a moment later. "Well, Fred, pick up that ranseur. How about we get some exercise in this morning? Since you're fresh from waking up, you should be recharged, right? Push yourself, feel that pain. After all, It's how you know you're alive."

Linwelin

Fred smirked awkwardly, "So it is you that Fen learned that pain phrase from." He stood up, grabbing the ranseur. "And I'm glad you asked. After all, I need to be strong to make that dream of yours get any closer to being real. Lead the way."

[info]Let me know what the training window is. I'd like to do as many as possible. Gotta get that grind going! Haha[/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

QuoteUp to 8 hours until you have to roll for Forced Training. Current time is 10 AM. You can choose how many intervals of training you wish to do. Training rules may have slightly changed since, but basically I need you to specify how many sessions you are training for, and how long each session is (30 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours, 4 hours, or 8 hours). Training Rules Roll your Training Check(s).

Linwelin

[info]Gonna do two 1 hours, a 2 hour, and a 4 hour.

I know myself well enough to know I should be doing just 2 4 hours, but I gotta risk it!

[blockquote]1 hour:  1d20+6 : 9 + 6, total 15[/blockquote]
[blockquote]1 hour:  1d20+6 : 12 + 6, total 18[/blockquote]
[blockquote]2 hour:  1d20+6 : 3 + 6, total 9[/blockquote]
[blockquote]4 hour:  1d20+6 : 9 + 6, total 15[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

Location - Deep Underground - Shuren's Resting Place
Date: Day 2 - Time: 10 AM - 4 PM

You spend the next 8 hours training with Shuren. You managed to make some progress, though Shuren gave you some insights on the weapon use as well. You had a lunch break then too, though, Shuren still continued to give advice on the weapon itself, so even as you were eating, you were still learning. The food you ate was primarily the goods that the rest of the Dark Ravens brought with them, along with the stash of supplies they kept here at the site. You were told they had enough food to last for at least 2 weeks with the number of members they had with them, as long as everything was properly rationed, after that, someone would need to head up to the surface to bring back supplies, or the group as a whole moves on.

QuoteTraining
Martial Weapon Proficiency (ranseur): 3/8

"Good progress today, Fred." He flashed a grin, seeing you were already starting to get tired. "Up for more?"

QuoteYou can do Forced Training if you'd like. The Training Calculator I wrote does not take that into account though.

Linwelin

Fred grimaced back at the spirit, "You said it yourself, 'push yourself'. Let's go a little longer." He stood up from a resting position, resting the end of the polearm in the soil as he held it upright. "Then, a good long rest. After all, I want to try going into the deeper caves tomorrow."

[info]One more 2 hour session.

[blockquote]2 hour:  1d20+6 : 13 + 6, total 19[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_