[Rosalie] Chapter 6: Training Knights

Started by Throndir, January 13, 2019, 12:14:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

《Chapter 6: Training Knights》

"Get me a giant boar!"

Date: Day 3 - Evening

Excited about how quickly you retrieved the mushrooms for her, Mary next requested that you find her a giant boar. This time around you had a different knight, and his dragon companion. Likewise, you noticed Alyona trying to hide a distance away, but you were pretty sure Valeriya noticed as well. The knight in training along with his companion, did not however.

It was during your search that you found something else in the forests at the northern section. It was a young girl, though she wore tatters around her, and you noticed that she was armed as well. She was propped up on a tree, and seemed to have wounds all over, though she made attempts to cover them with bandages.

Oath

Rosalie saw the girl propped up against the tree and rushed over. "You. Hold still. She crouched down next to the girl and tried to examine the wounds while being on the look out for whatever may have caused them.

[info] Perception check and heal check.

Perception: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+8 : 18 + 8, total 26[/blockquote]
Heal: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+1 : 14 + 1, total 15[/blockquote]
[/info]

Throndir

Looking around, you noticed a trail of blood, though, it took you a moment to realize that it was the young girls. She was unconscious however. Her wounds looked pretty serious, yet, they were dressed fairly well. If it was the little girl who dressed her own wounds, she had a fairly good knowledge of it. The wounds on her looked to be from something with claws, and even her clothing was torn in such a way to give you that impression.

Her eyes fluttered open, and upon seeing you, you saw her reaching for her weapon.

QuoteInitiative requested

Oath

As Rosalie saw the girl reaching for her weapon she tried to reason with her. "Hold on, we're not here to hurt you, we're looking for a giant boar, but you looked like you were hurt so I came over to check on you. We don't need to fight."

[info] Initiative and diplomacy

Initiative roll: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+5 : 1 + 5, total 6[/blockquote]

Diplomacy: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+9 : 18 + 9, total 27[/blockquote]
[/info]

Throndir

Before any of the others could react, the girl had a knife already up to your neck, but held her hand. She was fast. And how she held the blade told you that she was used to it. Valeriya and the others had noticed, but the girl was already talking by the time they had pulled their weapons.

"A giant... boar?" She began to put her weapons away as she shook her head. "That's... not what you should be concerned about..."

Oath

Rosalie relaxed as the girl lowered her blades. "Yeah. A giant boar, we were sent out to hunt for dinner. What should we be worried about instead? I might not look it but I'm pretty strong, and so are my companions. If there is something that is a threat this close to home, we'll have to take care of it."

Throndir

[info]Perception: 26
You heard the sounds of something large thumping through the forests. It sounded like it was coming right for you.[/info]The girl picked it up as well, and she immediately tried to scramble up to her feet, but had to wince in pain and lean against the tree for support.

"I hear it. A rogue demon!"

QuoteDue to your Perception, I'll give you a free round of preparation before it appears. Roll Initiative as well for when it does.

Oath

"I guess i'll get ready then." Rosalie knelt and cast a quick spell. Oh Earth! Bless me with fervor and vigor, steel my spirit and empower my flesh. Enchant, strength!

[info]
Full strength enhance strength.
Initiative roll: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+5 : 17 + 5, total 22[/blockquote]

Throndir

The injured girl readied one of her blades, then seemed to chant something, and a new blade materialized in her hand. For whatever reason, you recognized what kind of magicka she had used. It was a type of Alchemical Magicka, specifically the Projection Magicka.

Valeriya noticed the strange magic.

"I've never seen magic that can create a a metallic weapon as fine as that from thin air." Valeriya commented, as she herself sheathed her own blade in fire.

The dragonknight, on the other hand, decided to mount up on his dragon, preferring to use a bow.

Once the preparations were complete, you managed to see the demon. It was about 120 ft. away.

QuoteSTR increases by +3, when you roll make sure to include that in your modifiers.

Turn order: Rosalie: 22, Injured Girl: 20, Allied Dragon: 19, Valeriya: 7, Demon: 3, Alyona: 2

[include u=2]Rosalie MP Used: 6[/include]

Oath

Despite not seeing the magic before, Rosalie knew what it was. "Guess that's another benefit of being a hero. Definitely not something I would see around camp." Upon seeing the monster, Rosalie moves forward. She hoped her allies would follow. She channeled as much mana as she could manage, feeling the magical force surge through her body and into her hands. "Oh fire and air! Frolic to and fro about the heavens and strike down those before me! Lightning Strike!"

[info] Rosalie moves forward thirty feet and casts a lightning strike with 2 range extensions (20+40+30=90) for 4d6 damage on the monster.

Hit roll vs touch AC: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+10 : 1 + 10, total 11[/blockquote]
Damage roll: [blockquote]Rolled 4d6 : 6, 4, 6, 5, total 21[/blockquote]

Throndir

You cast your spell, but it was widely out of the way. It struck a tree instead, and the tree started to catch on fire.

The injured girl cast a different spell next, as some armor appeared over her. Like before, you recognized this as as more Projection magicka. The others looked surprised at the sudden appearance of armor, but they did their own preparations as they all moved forward. Your dragonknight who accompanied you was named Braxton, and he fired off an arrow at the beast.

It hit the creature directly. However, it didn't seem to do any damage, if anything.

"It's one tough bastard! You aren't going to damage it if your attack isn't powerful enough!"

The demon charged forward as well, it jumped up, and managed to land a slam on Braxton's dragon. It was enough to propel it downwards.

From behind you, you managed to glimpse Alyona racing in the skies trying to make her way towards you.

QuoteInjured Girl is right next to you. Braxton on his dragon is in front of you. He is dismounted, with the dragon being Prone. Valeriya is in front of you, 30 ft. away.

Turn order: Rosalie: 22, Injured Girl: 20, Allied Dragon: 19, Valeriya: 7, Demon: 3, Alyona: 2

Rough Status
Allied Dragon: Slightly Injured [include u=2]Dmg Taken: 18[/include]

Oath

Rosalie sees the knight goes down and jumps into action. She wouldn't want to be responsible for any casualties, and nothing on this trip was supposed to be too dangerous, that's why she brought a knight along in the first place. "Braxton! Watch out!" She charged the demon, her sword wrapped in flame.

[info] Charging the demon, +2 attack, --2 ac

hit roll:[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+14 : 3 + 14, total 17[/blockquote]
damage roll: [blockquote]Rolled 1d8+7 : 2 + 7, total 9[/blockquote]
Fire damage: [blockquote]Rolled 6d6 : 4, 2, 6, 4, 5, 2, total 23[/blockquote]
[/info]

Throndir

You attack but missed completely.

The injured girl charged along with you, one of her blades sparked into lightning, while the other one burst into flames. She attempted to attack, but her attack missed.

The allied dragon, stood up, as the demon took an opportunity to attack it again. However, the dragon was able to move out of the way. At the same time, Braxton dropped his bow, and pulled out a sword, he moved closer to the demon and unleashed an attack. He hit, but he did barely any damage. The dragon too attacked with her fangs, she managed to hit, dealing a bit more damage than her knight.

Valeriya charged as well, managing to hit, and dealing a larger wound than Braxton's dragon with her greatsword.

The demon aimed for Braxton's dragon. It unleashed two heavy fists and a bite. All of its attacks landed, and by the end of its onslaught, the dragon was wounded badly.

"Stasha! Get away!" Braxton frantically called out to her.

Alyona finally arrived, and when she did, she unleashed a bolt of lightning. The attack hit, and you guessed her lightning dealt around the same as Valeriya's attack.

QuoteInjured Girl is right next to you. Braxton on his dragon is in front of you. He is dismounted, with the dragon being Prone. Valeriya is in front of you, 30 ft. away.

Rough Status
Allied Dragon: Badly Wounded [include u=2]Dmg Taken: 58, https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/dragons/dragon/chromatic-blue/young-blue-dragon[/include]
Demon: Injured [include u=2]Dmg Taken: 24[/include]

Oath

"Get away while you can! we'll distract it!" Rosalie lined up for another swing.

[info]
Attack roll: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+12 : 13 + 12, total 25[/blockquote]
Damage roll: [blockquote]Rolled 1d8+7 : 4 + 7, total 11[/blockquote]
Fire damage: [blockquote]Rolled 6d6 : 4, 4, 2, 1, 3, 1, total 15[/blockquote]
[/info]

Throndir

You managed to hit it. But from the damage, it seemed like you didn't deal as much as either Valeriya or Stasha. You noticed that the fire that came from your weapon was somehow diffused a bit when it came to scorching the creature's hide. As for your sword's ability to slice into it, you felt some resistance when you connected into it.

The injured girl released her attacks. His first hit managed to hit the demon in the neck, hard. Her second blade managed to hit as well, though not as critically effective. Both the fire and lightning damaged it, but the fire seemed to not deal as much against the target as it should have. The lightning streaked across the creature body, however. Lastly, she attacked a third time, with it hitting too. In total, including the damage from the lightning and fire, she seemed to do a bit more than Valeriya.

Stasha, who was badly wounded from the single round of attacks began to panic, but kept up her guard as she retreated a safe distance away.

Braxton stepped back as he began casting a spell. His blade became sheathed in fire. He attacked, but he missed.

At that same time, Valeriya followed up with three strikes of her greatsword. Her first two attacks hit, but the last one missed.

Seeing his prey escape, and surrounded by enemies, he aimed for Braxton. The first two blows from the demon seemed to crunch bone. However, it was the last one, which was a bite, that tore into Braxton's armor. and ripped out a large chunk of his side. He immediately fell to the ground unconscious and dying.

Stasha yelled in fright.

"B-Braxton!"

Alyona released another lightning attack. You noticed that she didn't use her breathe weapon, perhaps due to the fact that the rest of you were in close combat. However, her ball of lightning missed.

QuoteDon't forget you have flanking bonus, add that to your roll.

Turn order: Rosalie: 22, Injured Girl: 20, Allied Dragon: 19, Braxton: 18, Valeriya: 7, Demon: 3, Alyona: 2

Rough Status
Allied Dragon: Badly Wounded [include u=2]Dmg Taken: 58, https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/dragons/dragon/chromatic-blue/young-blue-dragon[/include]
Demon: Badly Wounded [include u=2]Dmg Taken: 57[/include]
Braxton: Dying [include u=2]Dmg Taken: 37, Max HP: 27, CON: 14[/include]