[Closed/In Progress]The Battle for the Storehouse

Started by Oath, November 20, 2013, 09:25:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oath

Word has arrived at the guild hall that a town called Foxhurst has run into a large problem and is requesting the help of brave adventurers. It is well known that the Guild of Galas,nor is the place to go when someone is in need of professional work.

The notice posted onto the job board reads as folows:

The town of Foxhurst known for the high quality furs that it produces has run into a large problem in relations to one of the storehouses used to store materials. Fortunately not much was lost, but the space is currently unusable. For, you see the problem that we have run into is Troglodytes. Why they are here, or the reason for their residency is unknown but it is a problem that we would most appreciate assistance in taking care of. Foxhurst just does not have the manpower to deal with this kind of issue, and of course you shall be handsomely rewarded. We have pooled together our resources to hire a team of adventurers to take care of this problem for us. In addition you can claim anything that you happen to find in the storehouse that does not seem to be directly related to business. You will also be provided with transportation and provisions for the journey here. A grand thank you to anyone who is willing to accept this offer.

[spoiler]
QuoteNumber of Players: 4-6
GM: Oath
Objectives: Reclaim the storehouse in Foxhurst
EXP reward: 3000 (500 per member)
Gold Reward: 2100 (350 per member)
I would like to reserve at least 2 slots for people that are not currently in campaigns, so 3 are free for anyone currently. If nobody who is not in one wants to participate, the other two slots will open up.
Players that have expressed interest: Dragoonia

Mysticsage

Kryas seeing the note was intrigued by the notice. He could possibly get his hands on some high quality furs at the end of it all. They might come in handy.

Bootman

Chadra seemed dragged by some invisible force from her room, as if not fully in control of her body. She marched with a sort of lazy detirmination until she reached the mission board. The woman, still in her armor despite appearing as though she had just woken up, stared at the board blankly for several minutes. Then she blinked and her eyes fell on one in particular. She seemed confused by it for some time, her finger running along the words until it fell on one.

"Trog... lodyte."

She tore off the note and showed it to people until they guided her to the meeting location. She sat there, holding her sheathed sword tightly and looking around to see if anybody she knew had shown up.

Linwelin

"Troglodytes? Never seen those before! Yup, I'm in." It was just that simple. Kin never needed more reason than that. Besides, I'd like to see their weaponry. Is it primitive, or is there something I could learn from it. I love learning about new cultures. And fighting. ESPECIALLY fighting.

He shuffled toward the voice that explained the mission, found the posted flier, and penned in "KIN SHEEL".

With that, he lugged his larger-than-life greatsword back to where he'd been, waiting for departure. He downed another pint of ale while he could, too.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Neko

It had been a while since Sophie had gone on any missions. Lately, she had been stuck doing so much work around the guild itself, she had found little time to join her fellow guild mates on their adventures. New members meant more people to feed, and more things to clean!

Having some time off, she took a moment to look over the mission board.  "Hmm. Troglodytes? What are those?" Sophie wondered, having never heard of such a creature. "A lizard thing." Mimic responded, sending her blurred images of it. "You've seen them before?" Sophie questioned, surprised her raven knew. "Only once, before we met. Ugly things, if you ask me."

The maid made her way to the meeting spot. Her face lit up at the site of Chadra, a human warrior she'd grown to love. "Hey!" Sophie greeted, taking a seat beside her. Like usual, the warrior was glued to her sword. "Hopefully we can help those poor people get their place back!" Sophie commented, a hint of worry in her voice.

Bootman

The woman looked hazily at Sophie, initially starting to unsheath her blade before she realized who it was. Chadra gave the maid a hazy smile and relaxed the grip on her blade. She liked this one. This one was safe.

"Hi." She said quietly, almost under her breath. Then the other girl started talking about helping people get something. Was that... a thing? Chadra furrowed her brow in confusion for a few moments. 'Dress-girl' seemed worried about it though, and that made Chadra feel on edge. The warrior started rocking back and forth slowly, gripping her sword even tighter then before.

"I'll help... Will that make you feel... better?" She started to get this nagging notion that she should have paid more attention to the paper. She brought up the mission notice closer to her face and squinted at it, willing the fuzzy symbols to come into focus. They didn't want to listen right now. She was too tired. The warrior, flustered, ran a hand through her hair, knocking some crumbs and specks of dirt out.

Burdenking

Ollete Stood in front of the large mission board, staring at the slew of assignments and jobs that were available. Some sounded like great fun, Slaying ogres and what not, but one caught her eye out of all the others. "Oooh, Troglodytes.....and free things? Wow, the villagers must stink at handling thier own stuff if their willing to give it out for free." Ollete said, smiling as she picked up the pen, writing her name down Messily as she spoke each letter.

"O...L....L....E...T....what came next...." she said, pausing for several minutes as she started thinking of a number of other things, which made her laugh. "Oh, E." she said finally, writing it down then jogging off to where the meeting place was.

When she arrived, she already saw multiple people waiting for the mission to begin, and smiled "Yay, new friends to meet and beat." she said to herself aloud, then walked over to where to women were talking. Moving behind the two, she snuck up as quietly as she could, then popped her head quickly in between the two " What you guys talking about?" she asked, looking to both with a excited smile

Neko

Chadra was just the same as ever. She always seemed so out of it! Sophie giggled, nodding at her friend's question. "We're going to work together! It will be fun." Sophie sighed then, noticing the flakes of dirt falling from the warriors hair. Her and Chadra would really need to have a talk when they got back. Before Sophie could say another word, she let out a surprised gasp, an unfamiliar face popping up between her and Chadra. She calmed down quickly though, realizing it was probably just another guild mate. "Hi there! We're just talking about the mission. Are you going to be coming along as well?" The maid asked. "Oh, I'm Sophie by the way!"