[Amelia] Chapter 17: Stake-Out

Started by Throndir, February 26, 2020, 04:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

《Chapter 17: Stake-Out》
Amelia's Room
Day 17 - Morning

[info]8   Potential   Ch 9: #36   Completion of Bring Light to Darkness. Reward: 200 gp
11   Potential   Ch 11: #11   Increase production of TCG and Sports gear
11   Potential   Ch 11: #10   Create meeting with most famous courtesan.
13   Potential   Ch 13: #13   Completion of Idorian Mages Needed! Reward: 600 gp
16   Potential   Ch 9: #30   Expected Report from Gladenstadt
17   Misc      Clifton leaves back for home
18   Potential   Ch 11: #10   Expected response from courtesan
18   Misc      Apple seeds given to gardener Goddard Horn sprouts.
17   Training   Chapter 14   Meet Kurt's teacher who trains him
17   Training      Spirit With Akari and Thyra
   Potential   "CH 9 #16
"   Make Request to Darmona- Make combat and learn about possibly combining forces and invite to the coronation
17   Character   Loved ones   Kurt trains Nyx in Ki
17   Character   Loved ones   Nyx Exp grinds with Umbral Hunters (raise loyalty stat)
17   Character   Loved ones   Nyx Spends time at guild hall (gathers info & raise Amelia Rep with Ilyaveere
17   Character   Loved ones   "Kurt Spends time reseaching raises Amelia Rep with Conrad
"
17   Character   Loved ones   Kurt spends time training Sports
   Potential   CH 14.5   "Mail a Finished outfit to Adelhelm whenever he is finished a prototype
"
17   Training      Training with Kurt's master
17   Misc      write short story for TK
17   Misc      Deliver chocolate castle
17   Potential   CH 16 #91   meeting with chocolate vendor in the early morning[/info]

"Good morning sister!~" Matilda called as she knocked on the door.

"Kurt said he found an interesting... game to play from Liudger? A new sport? He says he wants to try it with me... And maybe form a team or something."

Mysticsage

Amelia's Room
Day 17 - Early Morning

As per Amelia's request, she had a wake-up call before the sun rose to make sure she could get where she needed to be before the market opened. This skittish chocolate merchant would not be escaping her today. Even with the wake-up call, when Mati entered her room she was already partially dressed in her Liam outfit. The experimentation they had done before was already paying off as having several smaller forms made dressing easier.

"I think the royal family showing interest in such things would really be a great way of getting the other nobles involved. If we want sports to be popular so that we can make money to pay off our debts. Plus, it means you get to train with your brother without actually fighting with him."
Amelia smiled.

"It also means that you might be able to find someone who can match you physically. I think you would really enjoy yourself if you give it a shot, I have plans for other games, so if you don't like these ones you will have more opportunity to try others.
" Amelia finished getting dressed and then readied her bag.

[okay]Have the box with the choco sculpture in her messenger bag for later along with a pencil and her note book. [/okay]

Throndir

Matilda laughed forcefully.

"Haha... Yeah..." Matilda said as she entered the room looking a bit worried. "I shouldn't hold back right? I've been thinking about it all this morning... It was easy to beat my big bro in almost anything when we were younger, so I stopped really trying as much. Well... Until that duel you had us do anyways. Kurt's been training really hard since, and Nyx still comes by at times to train with him." She explained.

Mysticsage

"You shouldn't hold back because there is always someone stronger out there," Amelia said waving away her concerns.

"You won't find your equal unless you give what you are doing your all, but if you do give it your all, eventually you'll meet someone who is on or above your level. After all, this world is a big place and has people in it from various other worlds. There must be someone who can provide you a challenge. Also in team sports, it is about being part of a whole, so there may be superior individuals, but they can still lose to a team," Amelia smiled.

"Also the harder you work the harder everyone will work to reach your level. However-" Amelia paused mid-thought. "That being said don't get anyone killed. That is the one limit, with the lack of good medicine, you don't want to be held responsible for someone getting seriously hurt, but that doesn't mean hold back just use good sense and understand how strong you actually are until you find an opponent that pushes you to your limit. BUT- I still think you should give games a chance, just play smart."

Throndir

"Yeah, you're right..." Matilda paused for a bit considering your words as she mulled them over. "O-okay! I know what to do then!" She exclaimed as she looked determinately at you.

"I'm going to beat Kurt!" She proclaimed as she left the room in a hurry, presumably to practice this new sport.

[info]Feel free to start up the next scene of where you go[/info]

Mysticsage

Amelia smiled as Mati ran off and simply shook her head. At least she bounced back quickly after getting upset. She only hoped she managed to make some friends in the coming days in case something happened to her or Nyx. She pushed the thought out of her head as she went about finishing getting ready for the rest of the day. Once she went over her mental list one final time she quickly made her way out of her room and the castle.

Market Square
Day 17 - Early Morning

Amelia made her way as quick as she could to the market square hoping to make it before anyone had a chance to open. She made her way to where the chocolate stand had been previously. If the stall is there she takes up a spot as close to the front of the line as possible.

[info]If forced to wait she will open her notebook and begin working on a short story about boy swept through time for TK. (FF 10 tidus)[/info]

Throndir

Market Square
Day 17 - Early Morning

When you went to the square, you noticed that the stall was still there. At the same time, you noticed a crowd of people as well, though they all looked rather forlorn at the stall which wasn't manned by anyone at all.

You recognized the richly adorned man Alberich von Schleitz in the crowd as well, with the same expression as the rest.

"So they're not here yet...?" Someone in the crowd murmured.

Mysticsage

Market Square
Day 17 - Early Morning

Amelia clicked her tongue in annoyance as she saw the crowd already lined up. Of course with something like this there would already be a line from the crack of dawn. "And of course, that means that whoever is selling the chocolate probably saw the line and is now scared to have a repeat performance of yesterday," she mumbled to herself as she looked around but that also meant that they either left or they are someplace close by considering the stall is still there.

Amelia scanned the crowd for a moment as she tapped her foot how was she supposed to find these people with all this commotion? She would have to use a couple of tricks and hope that she could piece together a trail with some effort. Seeing the noble Alberich von Schleitz in line, she sighed at least she could kill two birds with one stone while she was here. Stiffening her spine and put on her best proud guard face.

"Good Morning my Lord, thank you again for giving me this chance," She said in her best male voice saluting as she saw the guards do with the king whenever they passed, "I have what you asked for yesterday. I don't know if it's perfect, but I hope that it meets your standards."

She pulled out the wooden box from her bag that she had prepared the night before glad to have that weight literally off her shoulders. "I would open the lid only slightly to check given the crowd."

Throndir

Market Square
Day 17 - Early Morning

"O-oh...! It's you... Uhh..." Alberich said hesitatingly as he began to nonchalantly pull up the lid of the box slowly. "Forgive me, I forgot your name- !!!"

His eyes widened.

Then it narrowed again as he stared at you.

"Do you know the person who made this 'chocolate'?" He whispered quietly, low enough to ensure that the others around him didn't hear.

Mysticsage

"My name is Liam, Sir," Amelia smiled as he lifted to inspect the contents of the box. She was expecting him to have some kind of reaction so she had rehearsed a basic story.

"No sir, I was actually sent by the castle to see if they could get a meeting with the person who is making and selling this chocolate,"
she also whispered to not draw too much attention.

"Apparently the Hero has an interest in it after my report from yesterday. Do you happen to know who they are or what they look like in any detail? Anything you know would be of great help, and of course, I would tell the castle specifically who helped my efforts." Amelia pauses letting her words sink in and give the man room to shower her with praise if he chose.

"Whoever this chocolate artisan is they are very skilled to make something so intricate. I was only able to mend it because of my father's training restoring pottery and the like I never knew I would have to use those skills as part of my duties. But I could only work from the pieces that we gathered," It wasn't a total lie, and if this noble still had questions she knew how she would answer them. Her knowledge of antiquities would cover for the fact that she used a helping paw to get the work done faster. She could only hope that this would curry some favor and maybe a clue or two if she was lucky.

Throndir

Market Square
Day 17 - Early Morning

The look in the person's eyes, made it seem like he didn't quite take what you said at face-value, though he didn't press his luck on the matter. "Liam? I must remember that name... Liam. Where do you live? And are you employed? I'll pay double whatever you're currently making to work with the Schleitz family."

He seemed to be more intent on you, rather than the questions you were asking.

[info]Roll diplomacy for him to answer.[/info]

Mysticsage

[info]Diplomacy
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+13 : 15 + 13, total 28[/blockquote][/info]

Mysticsage

"I'm sorry my lord, I work for the crown and currently under the direction of the hero as one of her eyes. To betray that trust for any amount of reward would be breaking a contract I made and make me worthless to be in your employment as well. After all, you couldn't put your faith in someone who broke their oaths for mere money," Liam said with a smile,

"But if you need further assistance I would happily help you as a employee of the castle so long as it is in my power and doesn't break my oaths that way you know that I am a man of quality," she said in a low tone proudly.

Throndir

Market Square
Day 17 - Early Morning

"Hmm... the royal family." The man thought to himself, but eventually shrugged. "Well, if you ever change your mind, my offer still stands the same, it's always good to have skilled underlings." With that he began to put the box tightly to him, ensuring to keep it in front of him.

"The two sellers of chocolate... Well. It was more like there was just one." He said. "A pretty girl, perhaps 10 years old give or take a few years, wearing foreign clothing, but fair skin, blonde hair was in charge of dealing with the customers. The other one behind the stall who was preparing the chocolate was a taller lady. Not nearly as soft on the eyes as the blonde one, though could have probably brought out her charm more if she wore the right clothing. I did ask around my connections here in the city, though, none of them have seen the two before they started selling their products here in town. No one actually knows what this chocolate is made up of either. That's why this here will be worth a fortune! Once I explain this to the royal family and the hero they keep within, surely it is my noble house that will be favored."

Mysticsage

"May I give a word of advice sir from my time in the castle?" She asked as she watched the man. "From what I've seen of the royal family and the hero gifts and opportunities like that are all fine and good but if you want their favor I suggest offering a little more of yourself personally than just money. The hero has a number of plans and schemes on the run she needs good people's help with. The more you embrace her way of doing things the more likely she is to think of you or your family when giving out benefits." she paused for a moment.

"I'm feeling kind, I'll give you an added hint, she is looking to support the people and create some new concepts and needs capable people to defend and support her. Find people of like minds who she can work with and you'll have better favor. People with good character and clear heads," she finished.

"Anyway sir, unless you have more information about the two like a name or a location I better get back to my own digging and let you go back to your business. I'm glad to be of service to you."

--

Once Liam was finished delivering the box and the rest of the conversation finished with any additional information she turned back to use that information to search for the crowd. After all, how many ten-year-old girls who were blonde could there be in the market? She took a moment to find another good spot to oversee the crowd before searching for any or both of the pair who fit the description.

She also switched back and forth through her spirit sense as a means of checking if anyone caught her attention.