[Patrol] Book 1 - Chapter 1.8.1: Stingers

Started by Throndir, September 25, 2019, 04:20:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schnizzer

[info] It's mundane so it's 1 hp each. I'll use 2 and mark them

Mysticsage

For the time being the surrounding area seems to be quite outside of the caw of the birds overhead. The couple seem to be doing their best to regroup while the horses stand and catch their breath. It seems for the moment there are no additional threats appearing.

Schnizzer

After everyone gets a moment to catch their breath, Virgil gets up and clasps his hands together. "I reckon we should get moving on. We don't want to get caught out here after dark." As they're getting ready to head out he pulls Rei and Elidia aside. "So this may sound kinda silly but... do y'all think that shark stuff could be, like, attracting monsters?"

Mysticsage

[info]Assuming everyone is done here I'll award exp and loot.
Everyone gets 800 exp for the scorpions and the hyenas. [/info]

The road is otherwise clear on the way to the village except for the crows that continue to amass as you get closer to home as it follows the carts.

[info]Add the additional 10,000 vals if you wanted to harvest anything from the hyenas let me now.[/info]

Schnizzer

[info] Virgil would like to harvest the hyenas.

Mysticsage

[info]roll survival for each hyena and label them[/info]

Schnizzer

[into] survival
Hyena 1: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20-1 : 14 - 1, total 13[/blockquote]
Hyena 2: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20-1 : 16 - 1, total 15[/blockquote]
Hyena 3: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20-1 : 14 - 1, total 13[/blockquote]
Hyena 4: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20-1 : 18 - 1, total 17[/blockquote]

Mysticsage

Virgil manages to salvage two quality hides

Throndir

[spoiler=Exp earned]CR1 x 4, split between 3[/spoiler]

Throndir

[spoiler=Vals earned]+10,000 vals earned, making assumption the group makes it to Thalia village safely.[/spoiler]

Throndir

[spoiler=RP Excelia earned]+1 step, Rei, consistent RP
+1 step, Virgil, face of the party

1/2 -> 1

CR 1 split between 3[/spoiler]

Schnizzer

When they get back to town Virgil will look over to Rei. "Rei, when we get to town would you mind, maybe going to talk to someone to sell these hides? I'd like to keep the venom sacs, if y'all don't mind."

Rei

Patrol
Noon

Rei had been fortunate to have such useful allies. Her usefulness had been mostly limited to their surprise ambush on the scorpions. The hyenas turning things around on them, had shown Rei where some of her own weaknesses were. When Virgil requested her to help with selling the successful hides he had carved, she gladly took the chance.
[info]Selling hides to a vendor[/info]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+9 : 17 + 9, total 26[/blockquote]

Throndir

Rei eventually manages to find a merchant willing to buy the hides. The merchant explains that hyena hides aren't as valued as those with valuable furs, but was willing to offer 1,000 vals per hide.