[Patrol] Book 1 - Chapter 1.8: Patrol

Started by Throndir, September 10, 2019, 10:03:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

Thalia Village
Day 2 - After the Planning Meeting

"Ah... yes... see... People everywhere will be here, yes? We need to make the roads... safe for everyone. I want to form a road patrol group... to make sure the roads are safe." The quiet voice spoke out, her demeanor making everyone turn towards her. The elf Selphie Ilidove was the mentor for mages in the familia, along with being the reeve of the village, and similar to the constable, the affairs of the familia as a whole was a concern for her.

[spoiler=OODM]Possible Days: Day 3 - 13

Post here if interested in this, and I'll spawn a thread. Feel free to do initial knowledge checks on this thread as well. I'll promote this to the actual play thread once there's interest shown.

Helping Selphie Ilidove would be spending a day going out to the north or southern roads, to ensure that there are no dangers at or near the roads. Goblins and the like typically appear. Selphie will be giving a base pay for each day spent with her, and there is a chance to encounter things to fight for excelia earning.[/spoiler]

Schnizzer

[info]Virgil will join this[/info]

Rei

Throndir

Thalia Village
Day 6 - Morning

"Good... morning." Selphie Ilidove said as she bowed her head slightly towards the group. She was a fairly short elf, and had a gentle look about her. She was a mage, and though she hasn't reached the next level, she did go around teaching those who developed a magic spell from their blessing when they first receive it.

"Thank you... for deciding to keep the village safe. I would like... us to help keep the roads safe. Unfortunately... there is a lot of festival preparation I need to do... Would... you three... be willing to patrol today?"

[info]If you want to get her to join you (if you think you need it), then roll Diplomacy. Otherwise, state in what direction you want to go to to help protect the roads. That'll decide the safety of the roads for whichever villages are in that direction.[/info]

Schnizzer

"Well, mornin' there ma'am. I think we're all happy to help. Leave it to us, we'll take care of it." Virgil has an eager look as shifts his piece of hay from the right side of his mouth to the left and nods. He looks to the others and a grin creeps across his face. As much as he enjoyed helping out with the festival, he had been feeling antsy in town and was looking forward to getting out for a bit. "Well, I s'pose the roads towards the North along the mountains are as good as any place to start. If there are bandits or creatures lurking about that'd give 'em a good place to hide. Plus the villages are more spread out so there's more space to stop travelers without running into trouble. Unless, y'all had another idea."

Oath

"Leave the patrol to us, take care of the festivities, you can definitely do a better job planning those types of things than I can, and the people here will appreciate it when it all comes together." Elidia looked around at the others that had gathered for the job. Not the largest group, but definitely more than enough to take care of the types of threats that were common to the area.

"North sounds good enough for me. Perhaps if we have enough time we can do the south on another day."

Schnizzer

Virgil raises a hand and scratches the stubble on his face. It wasn't growing in over his scars but he liked the feel. He thought to himself for a moment as he looked over the other two. "I'm not opposed to the idea. I was hoping to spend a few days outside of town anyways since I reckon it'll be busy once we get to the city." He lifts his gear and slightly struggles under the weight as he shifts. "We should probably look into getting some horses or a cart or something, though."

Throndir

"Thank you... That's okay. I was planning to let... you all borrow my horse and wagon... Just... bring it back safe... Oh... and bring yourself back safe too." She said, correcting herself.

[info]Feel free to do anymore preparation and roleplay in this thread. Once it seems wrapped up, I'll figure out if the thread is worth roleplaying excelia for the scene. I've started the encounter thread though.

Continue to Chapter 1.8.1: Stingers[/info]

Throndir

Thalia Village
Day 7 - Morning

"Thank you for the patrolling of the road yesterday...!" Selphie Ilidove said in her gentle speech. "I heard you had ran into scorpions? Anyways... I want to keep it up! Will you help again?"

[info]Next day's patrol. If you want to sign up for it, post in this thread. If you want Selphie to join party as a GM PC, then roll diplomacy. Once I get a player signing up, I'll wait up to 3 days before just starting it with whoever signed up.[/info]

Kerrick

"i would love to volunteer to keep the roads safe cant have the festival if no one makes it" kerrick smiles and looks at his lizard "we have got this"

Throndir

"Thank you Kerrick..." Selphie Ilidove said quietly as she looked over werewolf slow and deliberately. Eventually she nodded as well. "Are you going to check on the northern roads again...?"

Kerrick

"I'm not a hundred percent sure didn't they already check that one what road seems to be the busiest today "

Schnizzer

[info] Virgil will continue with the patrols.