[Amelia] Chapter 7: Bath-Time

Started by Throndir, December 02, 2018, 04:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

"I am the one who should be sorry, my queen!" Kurt said frantically, turning himself around to face away from you. "I will personally make sure Matilda knows the boundaries of what is okay or not! She should have known better!"

Nyx on the other hand started meowing, there was a hint of annoyance in his voice. The poor kitty was soaked wet, and though he took care not to scratch you through out the entire episode, Nyx didn't seem to be enjoying himself.

You saw Matilda still peering out from the changing room when she realized that Kurt wasn't giving chase.

Mysticsage

Amelia feeling Nyx's annoyance more then anything else rises up from the water just enough so that she can comfortably put him on the side of the pool. The soak in the tub would at least help get him clean. Now she had a whole new mess to clean up. Amelia took a small and deep breath attempting to center herself, "It's okay, I should have checked first if the bath was divided by gender before rushing in blindly. I was the one who wasn't thinking." She said turning around her face flushed.

Amelia while a bookish girl had an athletic build that was often hidden by her desire to be comfortable, here however without clothes or a book in her face it was clear just how pretty she could be. She normally put more value on substance rather than what she saw on the surface. No one in the castle except for Matilda who had helped her with her Liam disguise had seen her in a state that was not either comatose or desperately attempting to hide who she was or keep secrets. However, at this moment she had very little to hide how much of a diamond in the rough she actually was.

"Please, don't be to angry at her the walls of this castle are already thin. Either of us getting to angry about this accident will just lead to people finding out, and making a bad conclusion." [/b]Her voice was light but surprisingly steady if either of them made a scene she knew things would just be worse. "Who ever leaves first has to pretend like nothing happened."

[info]
Persuasion to try and calm Kurt a bit
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+8 : 19 + 8, total 27[/blockquote]

straight cha for Amelia being able to maintain her composure and salvage the moment/ look good
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 6 + 4, total 10[/blockquote]
[/info]

Throndir

"I..." Kurt said hesitating. Eventually he sighed.

"I can sense you're still there sister. Be grateful that the future queen is as benevolent as she is beautifu-" From your vantage point, you could tell that Kurt was turning scarlet all over again.

You notice Matilda giggling again, but she eventually disappeared.

"Yes, yes! Thank you big sister!" Matilda said. Shortly after she continued. "I'll get our change of clothes! Also, big brother, for some reason I didn't see any towels at all in that bath! It's a shame only big sister brought hers!"

"I had one right-"

You heard the sound of the outer door closing shut.

"... there." Kurt said dejectedly. If Kurt had a towel nearby, it was gone.

Mysticsage

"You can use my towel Kurt, i'm planning to say in the bath for a while before I help Nyx dry off. He's being very stoic right now and I appreciate it so I suppose I should take the time to take care of him as an apology" she chuckled as she watched her companion moving around the bath. She figured keeping her eyeline at floor level was a smart idea after everything she had seen.

"I wouldn't trust your little sister to bring you clothes if I were you otherwise you are likely to go around looking like a lion tamer. And Kurt... thank you, for being so understanding it's honestly a huge relief to have you around it's very manly." She said stroking his ego slightly she figured it was the least she could do given the circumstances plus she desperately wanted a little time to herself.

She wanted to relax If only to stew on how to get revenge on the princess for her little prank. She could not have Kurt stealing her fun after all.  She looked over at Nyx again and he would be able to tell exactly what she was thinking.

Throndir

"Your towel? B-but..." Kurt seemed to blush more thinking about it. He seemed to have looked downwards, and noticing something he tense up.

"Y-yes, thank you too for Amelia, for accepting what we threw on you..." Carefully, with his back turned towards you he started wading out of the water. "It means a lot for my father, and this country..."

Nyx watched him for a second, but eventually began pawing at the pool.

Mysticsage

"I think for all the summoning rituals for heroes in the world. I have the best luck of all of them for ending up here. While I don't know the ins and outs the people in the streets seem both happy and active. That kind of success is no small feat considering all the pressure you have all been under since arriving. I only hope I can live up to your expectations both as a ruler and a person. I have not been training for governing since birth so all I can do is rely on my instincts and the insights of those better informed than I am."

"Just don't thank me until I've handled, or failed to handle as the case may be, the first major crisis under my watch. I have a feeling things are going to get very interesting over the next few months for the nation especially when I take the throne. So Kurt, since I'm relying on you too you better get prepared to get dragged into the center of this chaos. It's one of the many costs of summoning a girl like me."
Once I get my footing I hope you don't come to regret bringing me here." she said wadding through the water to pet Nyx warmly.

Throndir

Although you couldn't see it, Kurt smiled warmly.

"It was well worth it to bring you here, I am grateful that you bear us no ill will." Kurt said, by this time he was already out of the pool, and grabbed the towel, then wrapped it around himself.

"I'll leave a towel near the door. After your bath, will you join us for breakfast, or do you have other plans?" Kurt asked.

Mysticsage

"Oh, I plan to spend the whole day in the castle if I can manage it. So you'll see me at breakfast, I want to check on the treasury and talk to your father and the remaining advisors about my duties. What I am currently responsible for and begin the whole process that is leadership." Amelia forcibly laughed at that last part before sighing.

"And before I forget can I ask you to look after akari and her brother for me today if I cannot make it. Get her through the gates and into a room if possible. I don't want either of them just standing around nervous and then decide they can't stay."

Once Kurt had gone Amelia glances over at Nyx, "now that we are alone, I would like you to try something. Try mixing your mana sense and your animal senses to see if you can feel living things around you like some kind of predator sense. I was watching yesterday how you hunted rats it would make sense with your new talents if you could enhance your natural awareness. I don't want another surprise after the last one."

[info]i'm gonna spend a half hour to an hour soaking to try and help with the illness for later, and work  on combos with Nyx

Mainly to see if Nyx can basically use any combination of mana sense or mana transfer with his cat senses to work like a detect living creature spell or a blindsight ability. Something along the lines of a predator sense since cats are hunters.

I want to play around with the friends list, in particular click nyx's name see if it allows for none verbal communication or if it works like a video game.

I also want to see if combining it with [his human] will allow me to teleport him to me or me to him as some video games allow

Using the summon eidolon or familiar rules something like [summon companion]

I would also like to try and add Kurt and Matilda to the friends list.
[/info]

Throndir

Date: Day 4 - Morning - Before Matilda's Arrival

"Yes, my queen." Kurt said as he left.

When it was just the two of you, Nyx responded to your suggestions.

"Sensing the mana? Well, it's true that I can see it... They look like lines of glowing light. Do you mean trying to focus on this, in the same way as I focus on the mana within me to cast spells? That's an intriguing idea... Let's see." With that Nyx moved a distance away, with his eyes closed.

"Okay Amelia, try moving around. Well... in the water, but try to get out and walk around. I can still probably here you, but I want to see if I can feel you there with the mana."

[info]Playing with Friends List
Clicking on Nyx's name, all of a sudden made you able to hear his thoughts. When you spoke or thought something out loud, Nyx was able to hear it too in his head. It seems like you had to concentrate on Nyx's name in order to do the ability though, and the moment you stopped, the communication was cut off. It also seemed like you had to open up the Friends List first. Everytime you used the Friend's List keyword, you felt a bit more tired.

Attempt at Teleport
Attempting to imagine yourself teleporting to Nyx didn't seem to work.

Attempting to Summon Nyx
Attempting to imagine summoning Nyx however, brought up a notification of 'Ability not yet unlocked'.[/info]

Date: Day 4 - Morning - After Matilda's Arrival

When you first tried adding Matilda and Kurt to your Friends List, it didn't seem to work. However, eventually Matilda appeared, with a towel wrapped around her chest. Trying to add Matilda at that point seemed to work.

"You're not mad are you? Kurt's still running around trying to find me, he probably didn't expect me to head back here. But I did promise to help scrub your back!"

Mysticsage

Amelia will do as Nyx asks without leaving the bathing area "close your eyes and count to ten
[info]metal gear Amelia stealth mode hiding somewhere less obvious
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+2 : 8 + 2, total 10[/blockquote]
[/info]

"Oh, you are the one who specifically asked me to be your older sister. I'm not angry, i'm just  going to treat you like my younger brother and get revenge when you least expect it." Said Amelia with a grin, "but you are safe for the moment." She laughed in a way that might be seen as threatening, a tiny hint of her usual aura with Nyx seeping through in that split second. It was only fair to give the poor girl fair warning of what was to come. It was mostly a bluff since she was not the type to lord her position as leverage for something like that. The light hearted sisterly threat and the ensuing paranoia was more then enough.

"Now get in here and help me please," she said with an honest smile that reached her eyes to show no hard feelings. Helping the girl make sure she didn't slip while getting in the water and giving her a small loving squeeze for the few moments it took for her to get her balance.

Throndir

Date: Day 4 - Morning - Before Matilda's Arrival

"Hmm... Interesting. For one, it's easy to hear exactly where you are already, btu if I pretend to ignore that... I can kind of get a sense on what direction you're from, with sensing the mana. It's not very precise though, I can probably get a general direction, but it would be harder to try to pinpoint how many sources there would be or the exact location."

Date: Day 4 - Morning - After Matilda's Arrival

Matilda puffed her cheeks at the teasing. But she blushed a bit when you squeezed her. Finally she took her place behind you, she had soap on one hand, and what looked to be a damp cloth on the other.

"You know, I'm helping my brother too! He's so obvious..." The princess said as she began scrubbing.

Mysticsage

It's something worth practicing a kind of danger sense if you will since no one would think to expect you to be a threat." Amelia said willing getting back in the water and attempting to kiss him on the nose while he had his eyes closed, "for being my hero and protecting my chivalry with your body.

Picking up on Matilda's meaning rather quickly shock her head in bemusement, "Trying to force people to state their feelings when they aren't prepared to is not the best idea. If you meddle and things go sideways you'll feel responsible.  After all he's only really known me a few days if that anything he feels for me at this point is because glue likes what I want people to see and he thinks i'm The hero how is going to help save his home like out of a fairytale. But both of us now you can't base feelings off of dreams and ideals. Because when your expectations come to bite you in the butt it's your fault for not taking the time to see the real person.

Besides, I have no time to be stupid with romance. I just got thrown into a very tense situation that I am unprepared for. I cannot currently afford to consider your brother as more then a friend right now and probably for a while. If he is willing to wait and get to know the real me and I can see the real him then we can talk. If he said he really liked me right now I would have to say no. I think he understands what your father has asked me to do. I respect him for that otherwise I would not be willing to put any trust in him at all, and I don't want either of us to become bitter at the other."

"Do you understand, he's under a great deal of stress too from the look in his eyes. He needs to be allowed to relax every now and again. Just like how you cope with feeling powerless by playing maid. Don't think I have not heard about your talents with the blade. Except you would rather be at home running errands and cleaning. Others may think it's about the escapism but I would bet it's more than that. Your not playing at being a maid your playing castle guard making sure no one  dangerous gets close to the ones you love especially when they are so preoccupied. If I am not mistaken. She said trying to judge Matilda's reaction to see how close she was at her guess.

Throndir

"Yes, but... big bro is always so busy with matters of the state. You know, even as a child, there would be nobility trying to offer their daughters, but he never seemed very interested. And then this whole thing happened where we suddenly found ourselves here, in the New World! Mother was already in her comatose state, so it was father who had to handle everything. Big bro helped as well, getting himself involved more and more with father's work, and even helping with the paperwork father goes through on a daily basis. He hasn't really shown much interest in others... until now at least."

Her next works, Matilda said quietly.

"And if you were a sister-in-law, we'd be real sisters." Matilda said mumbling.

When you began mentioning her abilities with the sword, Matilda paused in scrubbing your back, and she seemed to tense slightly.

"You... heard about that? The sword-fighting? I'm a little self-conscious of it... I wanted to help in my own way, before mother gave the prophecy to anoint the summoned hero as our next monarch, it was big brother who was going to have that role, so I never really participated or bothered much with all it takes in running the country. So, I decided to try to help in my own way. At first even Corina resisted, but eventually she began teaching me how to be a maid. Father didn't approve at first either, but I eventually managed to convince him, too. It's helping out the people here, that are helping my father and brother."

"And for swordsmanship... Can you keep a secret?"

Mysticsage

Amelia smiled realizing she had hit the nail on the head. "of course I can keep a secret Matilda. You can always confide in me-"

Amelia could relate to feeling out of place at that moment they had attempted to summon a hero with real powers someone who could protect them. They ended up with Nyx and by association, Amelia and she had allowed the lie to continue to avoid being at risk. She felt a little bad for manipulating a child to get any kind of upper hand for those in the castle but it was all she could do to keep a step ahead of the chaos she could see on the horizon.

Throndir

"Using the sword comes really easy to me... When we first started, I thought it was just a game my big brother and I could play with each other. So... I beat him really easily the first few times. As time went by though... I kept seeing how much my brother would train his swordplay. He works really hard on it, and even though I could end up beating him really easy... I just... don't want to discourage him you know? So since then, and over the years, I would just make it seem that I'm just a teeny bit ahead. Sometimes, I would make it seem like he's ahead."

"I'm a little self-conscious since... girls aren't supposed to be like this, it's a bit boorish isn't it?"