[Rosalie] Chapter 3: The Antwarch Dragon Knights

Started by Throndir, August 19, 2018, 12:15:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oath

Rosalie felt bad for Valeriya, it seemed everyone here had it out for her in some way. "Right, well what do you do in this area? It looked like you guys were having a battle?"

Following Valeriya's lead, Rosalie rushed at the other man. Her arms still felt as if they were surging with power from her enchantment and she clenched her right hand into a fist. She swung as hard as she could, aimed squarely at the man's jaw.

[info]Trying to punch the guy! (4 str bonus normally, 9 with my enchanted strength I believe, if that's wrong just take some away)
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+9 : 14 + 9, total 23[/blockquote]
[/info]

Throndir

Campground Arena Circle

"A battle. Hah." Hertha snorted. "Nay my hero. Twas more of a practice. The remaining Antwarch Knights here are naught but frail weaklings! Mayhaps tis closer to call it 'training'. Mayhaps thou shalt try it too... What thou sayeth?"

Campground Trails

You rushed at him, and in that one shot the knight was knocked out cold.

"Ouch." Valeriya commented.

"I'm actually glad you didn't use that lightning strike you used on the captain. These two two might have actually died." She started laughing then, she didn't seem remorseful at all.

Oath

"I suppose I haven't faced any real challenges since I've come here. What are the rules for your contests, Hertha? I'll gladly participate. I wouldn't be much of a hero if I didn't do my best to get stronger. Rosalie was unsure what she could do to fight someone like Hertha, but if she called it training, at least in the worst case scenario she wouldn't die.

Rosalie stepped over the fallen men, resuming her conversation with Valeriya. "After you kicked the first one, I was worried that the other would be so weak that my punch would kill him. I can lift boulders after all. If one of them actually died, I think that there would be some repercussions for us as well, so better to just teach them a quick lesson. Also, I was wondering, how long does the ceremony take?"

Throndir

Campground Arena Circle

"Tis said that new heroes know now the ways of war at times... Though, the case tis not always to be true." She grabbed a training sword propped up nearby, then threw it at you.

"Art thou familiar with weapons?"

Campground Trails

"The ceremony itself isn't very long... Perhaps an hour to get through everyone, along with settling disputes. Though... those hardly ever happen. Usually knights decide amongst themselves which dragon they will choose in the upcoming ceremony, so there's no needless conflicts between them." Valeriya said as she lightly kicked one of the unconscious men.

"But..." It was then that Valeriya started blushing again and looking away. "The completion of the ceremony usually takes an entire night..."

Oath

Rosalie caught the sword that was thrown at her. She glanced at it and then looked back to Hertha. "I've seen them here and there. I haven't ever trained with one but they seem to be easy enough to use. Am I allowed to alter the weapon? If Rosalie's suspicions were correct, she would be able to enhance anything to be a suitable weapon which would be a very useful skill to have in this world. Both for her, and for Valeriya.

"I guess we can consider our night planned then. There's so much in this world that I'd like to explore when we get a chance. Everything seems so breathtaking but with the threats that seem to face you every day we may not have a chance to just get away from it all."

Rosalie was curious what the ceremony would be like. She was familiar with weddings in her own world, and while the theme seemed similar it also felt like it wasn't quite the right way to describe it.

Throndir

Campground Arena Circle

"Alter the weapon? If tis part of how thou fights... then of course."

Campground Trails

"P-Planned?!" Valeriya said blushing even more.

"W-well... I guess when it's time... Anyways, should we head to the ceremony grounds? Usually it's the ceremony first, then dinner, then after that... each of the newly created contractees fulfill the rest of the ceremony through the night."

Oath

Rosalie smirked. "I'm not sure honestly. It might be a part of how I fight, I haven't had a chance to test it yet. She looks at the sword in her hand and concentrates. "Oh Flames, Envelop my blade and guide my strikes! Enchant!" Unsure of how enchant actually functioned, Rosalie hoped for the best.

"I suppose we should head to the ceremony, it doesn't seem like we have anything else to see at the camp. Hopefully the rest of the guys in attendance are a bit better behaved than their companions here." Rosalie giggled as she motioned towards the guys in a heap on the ground behind them. 

Throndir

[info]《Enchant: Conjure Fire》
New Spell Learned
Keyword: Enchant: (Fire)
Attributes: Fire
Elements: Fire
Spell Base: Imbue
Spell Effects: Fire Damage vs AC x10
MP Cost: 11

Enchanted Fire Sword
Base: 1d8 Slashing
Fire Damage: 10d6[/info]The moment you cast the spell, a blast of fire burst forth from the sword. It didn't burn you at all, but Hertha jumped back quickly. The flames on the weapon were absolutely monstrous.

"Thy flame is large hero Rosalie... You hath just begun casting magic? Tis amazing that thou can show such strength already... Tis a large amount of mana thou used in just that imbue attempt..." Hertha said as she studied your sword a safe distance away.

"Very well... Kaldr! Protect thy servant from fires of wrath. Ice Cloak!" With that a faint white aura started to surround Hertha. Next she chanted the same spell on you, and the same aura started to envelop you. Finally, she chanted her final spell.

"Eldr! Wreath mine blade with thy flames of purification! Imbued Fire!" Like your weapon, Hertha's weapon started to radiate flames, however, hers was much smaller and subdued.

"Valkyrie such as I hath natural resistances to fire... But thy sword's fire looks... dangerous. Mine spell of Ice Cloak shalt prevent damage to ourselves, but items we wear hath not the same protection. Mayhaps thy try to cut me, and expose mine skin?" Hertha said as she winked. "And I shalt do the same to thee. Let's say then... But three articles of mine clothing, and I shalt do the same."

With that, Hertha made her way to the center of the training circle.

"Mayhaps after thy training, I shalt train thee myself? But first let's see what thou can do."

QuoteTry to land a hit on her, your attack roll will suffer -4 due to being not proficient.
You'll need 4 fire damage for each article of clothing on a successful hit.

[include u=2]MP Rosalie: -21[/include]

Oath

Rosalie smiled. "I cast my first spell within the past couple of hours, since I was just summoned here. Valeriya  said that I am quite strong, and I am sure that the gentlemen we met when we first got here would agree after he manages to get up as well. It is a bit different from any other battle I've ever heard of, but I shall give it my best shot. Are you ready, Hertha?"

Without waiting for her reply, assuming she was ready for combat, Rosalie rushed at her. She wasn't going to be satisfied if she lost.

[info] swinging at Hertha at a minus 4. If my strength is still active, add 5 back (I think)

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 12, total 12[/blockquote]
[/info]

Oath

[info] damage rolls that I forgot I think

[blockquote]Rolled 1d8+4 : 8 + 4, total 12[/blockquote]
fire dmg
[blockquote]Rolled 10d6 : 4, 6, 4, 5, 5, 2, 1, 1, 5, 6, total 39[/blockquote]
[/info]

Oath

[info]initiative

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+5 : 12 + 5, total 17[/blockquote]

Throndir

QuoteJust to confirm:
-4 (not proficient) +4 (base strength) +5 (enchant strength) +3 (BAB) = +8

You acted quickly, before Hertha could react, you managed to breach her defenses. Your sword of flames came right at her. It was as if that single slash had the force of a dragon's breathe of fire.

QuoteYou burn away 6 articles of clothing. Randomly rolled: Coat, leather shirt, boots, skirt, panties, bra

The fires burned with an intense heat, and Hertha yelped in surprise and pain.

She blinked a couple of times in complete shock. Save for her socks and jewelry she wore, she was completely naked. If she hadn't cast her defensive spell earlier, she would have had it much worse.

She immediately covered her most sensitive areas, as she started to get very red in embarrassment.

"I y-yield! A-a-amazing h-hero..." Hertha said stammering.

[info]Hertha: Wounded, naked[/info]

Oath

Rosalie gasped with surprise. With how much the first man had been struggling with his battle, she expected Hertha to be much stronger than anyone she had encountered thus far. "I'm glad that you are still standing, you're the first to resist an attack from me, even if it may have left you... vulnerable. She paused for a moment, "So, are you going to become my teacher? Rosalie continued, oblivious to the situation.

Throndir

You noticed that some of the other trainees who had been beaten and were watching started to gawk heavily at the now-naked Hertha. Though, there were a few who seemed to be glaring daggers at you as well.

"O-of course hero..." She said with a slight blush on her features still. Though she grinned a moment after.

"There is a saying amongst the human maidens when a lass is... stripped such as I... 'thou hath to taketh responsibility'" Hertha said as she eyed you.

"Tis indeed that thou is a girl, but mayhaps I can be a teacher in more than just combat..."

Valeriya beside you rolled her eyes.

Oath

"I'm not sure that Valeriya would be a fan of that, and she's my partner in this world, so I may have to decline your generous offer on that front. I'd love to learn from you though." Rosalie looked over to Valeriya for approval.