[Hanako] Chapter 14: Southern Mining Site

Started by Throndir, August 29, 2019, 10:29:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asta

"Ah. Got it!" Hanako exclaimed clapping a fist down on her open palm. "Mage's Gift. That's what this flower is, if I'm remembering correctly. That blue water should be infused with mana actually. Let's see..."

Hanako knelt down next to the pool and dipped a cupped hand slowly beneath its surface, intending to bring a small amount up to her mouth. She wafted above the collected liquid to see if she could smell any toxic vapors before bringing it to her mouth to take a drink.

[info]Obviously if it smells bad she isn't going to do that last part.[/info]

Throndir

Mining Site #2 - 5th Level
Day 16 - 3 PM

Taking a sip of the glowing liquid, it tasted slightly sweet and had a slight minty flavor to it. It felt cool going down you throat. The small drink had immediate effects. First, you felt your wounds feel a little less painful, and secondly, you felt a bit more wide-awake at the same time. Your mana reserves seems to have been slightly increased.

[info]The unprocessed liquid heals 1d2 HP and restores 1d2 MP, upon imbibing 1 ounce of the liquid as a Standard Action. Go ahead and roll two 1d2s.[/info]

Asta

"That taste's kind of good. A bit like sweet mouthwash... What's more, this stuff heals you and restores mana! We should see if we can collect as much as possible, it doesn't feel like it heals all that much but maybe we can refine it somehow."

[info]Requested rolls:
Healing:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d2 : 1, total 1[/blockquote]
Mana:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d2 : 2, total 2[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

Day 16 - 3 PM - 4 PM

Your companions had carried waterskins with them, so it didn't take much to simply transfer the rest of the water one held to a different skin, while the group attempted to gather up the liquid. Soon enough, between the three of you, two waterskins were filled up all the way. It was roughly 1 gallon of liquid that had pooled on the bottom.

During your gathering of the liquid, you noticed that the flower slowly produced more droplets. From your perception and knowledge of the plant, you knew that it would produce another dosage of the liquid once a day.

[info]You mentioned resting til you're all healed up, but natural healing in Pathfinder is a slow process. If you are using potions to heal, just state so. State what quantity, and if your companions are drinking them too. Items sheet updated.[/info]
The hour soon passed without any disturbances.

[spoiler=Exploration]Log
9-10 AM: Head deeper to Section 1, success, encountered ruins.
10-11 AM: Head deeper to Section 2, success, encountered nothing.
11-12 PM: Head deeper to Section 3, success, encountered moist stone creature.
Noon-1 PM: Head deeper to Section 4, success, encountered nothing.
1-2 PM: Head deeper to Section 5, success, encountered mushroom forest, lizard-like creatures.
2-3 PM: Treat Deadly Wounds, found alcove, encountered nothing.
3-4 PM: Gathering Mage's Gift liquid, encountered nothing.
Current: Section 5[/spoiler]

Asta

Hanako breathed a little sigh after putting the stopper into the last waterskin. "Well thats all of that. We can probably drink some of it now to speed up healing, but I'd like to bring at least a half gallon back to the mansion for study. This is a pretty nifty flower, I wonder if we could cultivate it somehow..."

[info]Hanako and company will consume about 63 oz of the liquid, divided among the three of them to heal up. If it looks like someone is going to go over their max hp, whomever has the lowest can take the remainder. Afterwards Hanako will try to see if there's some way to harvest seeds from the flower, or figure out a way to take back a sample for future cultivation. When all this is finished, they'll set off again.[/info]

[info]Rolls for restoring HP/MP from drinking the liquid. 21 oz.
HP:
[blockquote]Rolled 20d2 : 2, 2, 2, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 2, 1, 1, 2, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, total 35[/blockquote]
MP:
[blockquote]Rolled 20d2 : 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, total 32[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

Day 16 - 3 PM - 4 PM

You knew that the Mage's Gift was a type of flower, the petals, the pistil, and the stamens all told you that you would find the seeds deep in the pistil. Harvesting the seeds would require breaking into the pistil to retrieve them. Mage's Gift were long lived plants, and generally more are produced only when the original plant is destroyed or withered, leaving behind the seeds. The sprouts would then make use of the gathered pool of mana to grow again. There were chances that monsters deep down here would eat the seeds, and excrement them in other parts of the caverns, but at the very least, once you remove the pistil and the seeds, this particular flower would no longer be able to produce and more seeds until it grows another.

[info]Reduction of Mages Gift item applied to Items sheet. Healing applied to characters.[/info]

Trudy looked much better. As for Kari, she took most of the hits, and there were still gashes on her body, though, they didn't seem to bother her all that much.

Asta

"We should be able to start a little farm with these once we escape to Isikawa, being able to collect and process the liquid this plant produces is going to prove invaluable fighting against the demons." Hanako said, packing away the seeds. "We should move on, now that we're in better shape."

[info]Heading deeper and keeping an eye out to avoid being ambushed by anything:
Survival:[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+9 : 11 + 9, total 20[/blockquote]
Perception:[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+9 : 9 + 9, total 18[/blockquote]
[/info]

Throndir

Day 16 - 4 PM - 5 PM

[info]I'll be using your pre-emptive rolls from last time since I mentioned I would:

Going deeper, Survival:
Rolled 1d20+9 : 19 + 9, total 28

Perception to not be caught off guard:
Rolled 1d20+9 : 19 + 9, total 28[/info]
[spoiler=Exploration]Log
1-2 PM: Head deeper to Section 5, success, encountered mushroom forest, lizard-like creatures.
4-5 PM: Head deeper to Section 6, success, encountered
Current: Section 6[/spoiler]

Heading deeper, you begin to notice a lot more ruins. Or rather, structures that indeed looked like ruins. There were pillars and arches every so often, at times, you had even run into slabs of marble and what looked to various small bits of scrap metals that had since long corroded. There were still plenty of mushrooms about however.

Rather than a small group, along with your crystal golem, the skeletal remains of the creatures from before that Kari had raised, it was more like a troupe.

It was then that you spotted something up ahead.

[info]Continue to Chapter 14.1: Fungi

Low level encounter (comparatively with what the group has shown to be able to do, so roll another set of Survival and Perception[/info]

Asta

[info]Survival:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+9 : 14 + 9, total 23[/blockquote]
Perception:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+9 : 13 + 9, total 22[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

Day 16 - 5 PM - 6 PM

As you continue marching deeper into the caverns. The mushrooms started to lighten and disappear. Replacing these instead were even more ruins. Each of the ruins had a peculiar kind or architecture towards them. Many of them were made out of metals, and there were various decorative grooves in them. There was one section of the caverns which almost looked like a flat road as well, though, it seemed to end almost randomly, replaced by rocks.

[info]Perception: 22
You notice that various parts of the ruins look off. For example, the road earlier seem to go straight into a wall. Next, you had seen various metallic walls, t hat were cut a bit too cleanly. You had even encountered a building that was sliced neatly in half from top down. If the building was a slab of butter, it was as if someone had cut right through it.

State if you're going Deeper, Exploring, Retreating. Then roll Perception + Survivals with those.[/info]

[spoiler=Exploration]Log
4-5 PM: Head deeper to Section 6, success, encountered violet fungus.
5-6 PM: Head deeper to Section 7, successm encountered nothing.
Current: Section 7[/spoiler]

Asta

"These ruins seem really out of place. Almost as if they were... transported here from somewhere else but just in chunks... Let's take a closer look to see if there's anything useful around and then head further down."

[info]Perception to explore:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+9 : 14 + 9, total 23[/blockquote]
Survival to explore:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+9 : 8 + 9, total 17[/blockquote][/info]

[info]Going Deeper if nothing interesting is found
Survival:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+9 : 15 + 9, total 24[/blockquote]
Perception:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+9 : 9 + 9, total 18[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

Mining Site #2 - 5th Level - Exploring Section 7
Day 16 - 6 PM - 7 PM

"In mine youth, I recall stories once told of an ancient empire that hath spanned our continent. Though, even at mine time, tis simply legends. I know not if these can be related, but tis a story much the same."

Trudy began to hand everyone some morsels of dried meat. It reminded you of jerky.

"My world had their own share of ancient civilizations... But umm... Usually they don't have metallic things, like you'd see back in Refedoria."
Trudy explained. You notice her glancing at your belt as well. "Or things like that... I don't even understand how that works, and I doubt anyone else back at home does either."

Mining Site #2 - 5th Level - Exploring Section 7
Day 16 - 6 PM - 7 PM - After the conversation

[spoiler=Exploration]Log
5-6 PM: Head deeper to Section 7, success, encountered nothing.
6-7 PM: Explore section 7, success, encountered active ruins.

[info]Will be using your head deeper rolls after this.[/info]
Exploring the current area, and even retracing your steps, you went around attempting to explore the current section of the caverns. It was then that you came to a place completely devoid of crystals. In fact, most of this entire section, the light of crystals was becoming more and more sparse. Though, you were at least able to spot at least one glow every now and then. This new particular area was completely dark. There were no mushrooms or fungi either. With the light from Trudy's torch however, instead you saw an array of skeletons. Most of them were old, though, there were some that still had some flesh on it.

You noticed various scorch marks on the floor. It was at that moment beams of what looked to be light shot forth from somewhere in the darkness. The beams of light pierced into the golem leading the way.

[info]Creating a roll20 status map soon. I'll have my damage rolls then.

Initiative requested[/info]

Asta

[info]Initiative:
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+12 : 12 + 12, total 24[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

There were four beams of light altogether, and two of them hit the golem. The attack came from the darkness, though you yourself couldn't quite see who or what had attacked. You had a general sense of the direction however. There were various rocks that you could potentially take cover with.

[info]Hanako, Trudy, Stone Crystal Golem to take turn.[/info]
[spoiler=Exploration]Log
5-6 PM: Head deeper to Section 7, success, encountered nothing.
6-7 PM: Explore section 7, success, encountered active ruins.

[spoiler=Combat]Initiative: Hanako: 24, Trudy, Stone Crystal Golem, Kari: 14, Kari's Summons, Assailant
Combat Log
Surprise Round
Something attacks Stone Crystal Golem.
Round 1
Hanako to take turn[/spoiler]

Asta

"Whoa shit! Take some cover!" Hanako exclaimed and moved to hide behind a nearby rock. "Trudy, with me! I need to get a torch out of your pack so I can see what's attacking!"

While moving she commanded the golem to move back toward the rock and assume a defensive posture, perhaps whatever was shooting at them would be baited into moving toward the light of Trudy's torch.

[info]Moving 25 feet and taking cover behind a rock.[/info]