[Amelia] Chapter 12: Cave of Goblins

Started by Throndir, April 14, 2019, 02:02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysticsage

[info]Yes the right ear of the hobgoblin will do.[/info]

After being satisfied that she would not easily find the core like she expected tired and exhausted she wanted to go home. She knew she could come back to the core another day if needed. "Well Nyx, this was both exactly like a videogame and nothing like I expected at the same time," she laughed.

"Let's get what we came for and then try to get home in one piece. Hey, dungeon we're leaving now can you raise the crystal walls?"

[info]
one last perception check around the room for loot crystals and then we will begin moving back to the one we found shatter it, take the sword, gold, and a few more shards before we leave.
[/info]

As they continue to go about their business Amelia will chat about her desire for coffee and what dungeons are like in videogames.

Throndir

As you started to go through the room, spending about two minutes altogether, you realized that the crystal door heading back to the south was still closed. The north, west, and southern walls were made out of rock, and though had some slabs of crystals, you noticed that the eastern wall had more clusters of crystals, and larger ones as well.

Mysticsage

Amelia moves over to the east wall to examine it asking Kurt to come over for more light as she moves. She makes sure to check for more spear traps and to stay low out of the range.

[info]Taking 20 to check the area around the east wall in more detail with a 25[/info]

Throndir

You realized that the crystal trap from earlier didn't reload itself. You remember seeing the one from the first hallway start to repair itself almost immediately after it had sprung, but this time around, it didn't.

Mysticsage

"It looks like something is different after the Boos died," Amelia said with a sigh of relief. "Hopefully that means we have some time to properly search. I really want to see the dungeon core before we leave."

"We might as well search this room as carefully before trying to lift the wall again." Amelia took the arrows out of her arm with a yelp. "You know this is the first time I've been shot. Punched and hit with things yeah, but not shot."

"Hey, Kurt do you know of any rumors where the Dungeon Core is?"

Throndir

Kurt shook his head. "I heard about this dungeon when it first appeared of course. But... not exactly the details of it, nor did I go into it myself either. I trust the Guild to handle matters like these by themselves, and there has been other dungeons that I used to frequent back when things weren't so busy as they are now. For dungeons though... Many times their layouts can change, along with the monsters in them. Usually they are the same, but whenever dungeons go through a drastic change, a quest is posted for adventurers to re-explore the dungeon, along with state the difficulty of the dungeon itself."

"I took the liberty to look up how difficult this dungeon was earlier, and it's at Rank F. Meaning... a group of 4 Rank F adventurers should be able to take it on without too much difficulty. However... What we've run into so far... Makes me think this is a dungeon that's perhaps at Rank E, rather than Rank F. From reports I was told, usually there isn't more than perhaps... 3 or 4 goblins at most. And this time... We've killed 13 goblins and 1 hobgoblin."

Throndir

"There is a term used to describe the sudden change. It's called a 'Paradigm Shift'. I wouldn't go as far to call this a Paradigm Shift, but it should be reported to the Guild either way. At least with the increased quantity of goblins."

Mysticsage

"Do you think it's leftover magic of the summoning ritual that caused the paradigm shift? I imagine that leaves a lot of excess mana that something like a dungeon core could absorb." Amelia said thoughtfully.

As Kurt explained how the quests work, "I guess that means that we also can fulfill the quest that the dungeon evolved. I wonder who built these cores in the first place?"

Throndir

"I'm not sure if anyone really knows. The New World has them too. and even here, their origins are just as mysterious. Back in Erdesin dungeons existed even during the founding of our country, back when the first hero and her king founded our nation." Kurt nodded as he looked towards the crystal door.

"We have to get out of here first though. But yes... Reporting the changes in the dungeon, along with bringing back the hobgoblin's ear should be plenty enough for the guild for a reward."

Mysticsage

"Well, everyone lets go home then everybody," Amelia smiled. "We'll lift the door as a group."

Amelia goes back over to the crystal door and helps the others lift it
[info]Str roll to help Thyra
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+3 : 5 + 3, total 8[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

The three of you began to lift it, and at least for this first attempt, it didn't budge.

QuoteYou can choose to do a Take 20 for 2 minutes of guarantee, or keep rolling if you feel time is a problem.

Mysticsage

Throndir

After 2 minutes of work, eventually you managed to lift it up again. Thankfully in the 5 minutes since, the gas in the room seems to had settled, and instead there was glittering sparkles scattered through the entirety of the floor. Nyx crept forward.

"Careful about walking too fast here." He said as he lifted his paw and the dust momentarily turned into the gas-like substance it was before. "Rough movement will trigger these again." He explained.

Mysticsage

Amelia nods, "right everyone try to move slowly and carefully." she also offers her bag to Nyx as they move up to the second wall.

[info]Taking 20 again to lift second barrier[/info]

Throndir

You begin to lift this one too, and soon enough you got this one open just as well. You found yourself back in the second room of the dungeon. Everything was just as how you left it. You did notice one thing however, the corpses of the goblins were gone.