[Amelia] Chapter 12: Cave of Goblins

Started by Throndir, April 14, 2019, 02:02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysticsage

[info]Physical Resist
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+3 : 9 + 3, total 12[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

Nyx coughed.

"Restore!" Nyx targeted the space in front of him. All of a sudden the gas lightened slightly, and a fully formed crystal appeared in its place in the air, only to come crashing down on the floor a moment later. "It's not going to work. The dust is probably made out of hundreds of separate crystals!"

Both Kurt and Thyra came over to you, attempting to lift it up. Thyra came forward, and with the help of the other two, the giant crystal wall started to slowly rise up. It would be another few more seconds until there was enough space to crawl through.

Quote-1 CON

It's a fullround action to open the thing, so one more Phys Resist save.

Mysticsage

[info]Phy resist save 3
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+3 : 16 + 3, total 19[/blockquote]
[/info]

Throndir

Coughing, you made it out of the hallway, Thyra finally let go as the last one made it through and the door collapsed with a heavy thud.

"Remember when I told you I couldn't feel anymore goblins? They're back... There's 7 more." You managed to catch sight of a single goblin in the far back of the room, though, it was pulling back its bow.

"Amelia!" Kurt yelled, uncharacteristically using your name without a title.

"Get behind me!

QuoteInitiative requested

Mysticsage

[info]Initiative
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+1 : 8 + 1, total 9[/info]

"Nyx we found the Boss we take this slow. Don't waste mana unless you need too."
Amelia said letting him jump out of her bag.

Throndir

QuoteTurn Order
Nyx: 27 ->  Big Goblin: 22 -> Thyra: 21 -> Goblin 4: 19 -> Goblin 6: 15 -> Kurt: 14 -> Amelia: 9 -> Goblin 5: 7

Nyx sped off into the darkness the moment he had noticed the goblins. He pounced on the goblin that you were able to see. Within a few seconds one of the goblins was killed. An arrow hit Kurt, as he was unprepared.

Thyra came next. "Spirits of mine ancestors, and souls of mine forebears be with me." She had chanted, and a moment later she struck out with her blade. A red wind enveloped it, and shot off towards the next goblin. You couldn't see what the valkyrie was aiming towards, but it hit it's target.

Another three more goblins fired off their bows. All of them were targetted towards Kurt, who was at the front and closest in sight to each of the goblins. Two of the arrows hit. Though it drew blood, the prince shrugged off the blows.

Kurt disappeared then, and so too did the light around you, save for the small bit of light coming from Thyra next to you. Kurt had flash stepped into the enemy lines, taking down another goblin.

QuoteAmelia to take their turn.

Mysticsage

[info]Short bow Goblin 4
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20-1 : 12 - 1, total 11[/blockquote][/info]

Mysticsage

[info]Damage
[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 4, total 4[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

Your shot missed. One of the other goblins caught sight of you and released an arrow. You took the hit cleanly to your shoulder. Nyx attacked the hobgoblin then. The hobgoblin managed to survive, but you could tell it was near death. The goblin responded by attacking Nyx, but he missed. Thyra began to charge, however, once she was at the midway point, a crystal spear shot out. Thyra managed to see it in time however, and narrowly avoided being skewered by it. She continued her charge, then using her blade, landed a clean blow on the next goblin, decapitating it. The goblin next to her struck out, but Thyra managed to easily deflect it. The last goblin shot an arrow towards you, hitting again. Two arrows stuck to your body. Lastly, Kurt came over and decapitated the head of the hobgoblin.

[okay]You leveled up.
You are now level 16. Spend your unallocated points.[/okay]Only 2 more goblins remained.

Mysticsage

Amelia feeling the sharp pain of the arrows winces as she does her best to take a defensive stance

[info]taking the full defense action[/info]

Throndir

QuoteTurn Order
Nyx: 27 -> Thyra: 21 -> Goblin 6: 15 -> Kurt: 14 -> Amelia: 9 -> Goblin 5: 7

The next goblin attempted to attack Thyra, but missed. Nyx came up and proceeded to kill that one however. Finally Thyra stepped towards the last remaining goblin, and with a single swipe, took it out. With that, all goblins were dead.

Mysticsage

Amelia smiled in a wince of pain as she saw the corpses of the goblins finally settle. "Looks like we got the last of them and cleared the boss," Amelia said pointing with her uninjured hand at the larger goblin. "I don't imagine we take his corpse back with us to the Guild? What normally happens once we've defeated the boss?"

Looking around the room for more traps, "We should get what treasure we can and see if we can find that dungeon core before we get into more trouble. I'm getting a little tired myself and am looking forward to sitting down. Can anyone sense where the core is my bet is the end of the corridor that leads to nothing."

She then takes the time to look around the room moving slowly looking for more interesting loot trying her best to avoid areas where she had seen Thyra get hit from the gemstone before. As she does so, she opens her < friend's list. > If the dungeon core can summon monster's behind them maybe it can communicate directly. The only problem was that she hoped she was close enough for the range of the skill to be effective.

[info]
Perception checks for traps and loot
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+5 : 11 + 5, total 16

Also, attempt to add dungeon core 532 to friends list. Will attempt both now and ideally in visual sight of core without the ability to get stabbed or shot.
[/info]

Throndir

You opened up your Friend's List, and attempted to visualize the concept of a dungeon core and add it to your friend's list, but nothing happened.

Kurt shook his head. "Usually for proof of kills, we take the right ear of slain monsters. Though, many times, particular pieces of slain creatures are worth an amount to the Guild. At the same time, one does not need to do this either, but most adventurers are not like us with the backing of the castle's treasury."

"Hmm... I sense a bigger concentration of mana to the east. Though, it seems to be nothing but walls of crystals." Nyx said as he moved eastwards.

Mysticsage

Amelia sighed, "Well let's take a trophy from the Boss,"

"In the meantime, let's attempt to explore the east wall and see if we can figure out what the source of it is."
Remembering her own senses she closed her eyes and began focusing on the same area. If this place was flooded with Mana perhaps the spirit energy would give more insight.

[info]Take trophy from the Boss

Use Spirit Sensitivity to examine the area that Nyx described for more clues on the enegry mass[/info]

Throndir

When you began to focus on Spirit, it took a moment, but you realized it was only coming from two other directions other than yourself. You realized it was coming from the direction Nyx was at, and the other one was coming from Thyra.

QuoteI'm assuming you mean the right ear of the hobgoblin specifically?

Kurt was the one who leaned over the hobgoblin and cut off its right ear.