[Amelia] Chapter 9: The First Week as a Hero

Started by Throndir, December 20, 2018, 07:57:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

《Chapter 10: The Meaning of Faith》

Date: Day 4 - Evening

When you were preparing for bed, Matilda and Corina were waiting again, like the night before they helped you with medication, along with treating the disease. You were starting to get dizzy again, but with their help, you managed to completely stave it off.

Date: Day 5 - Morning

The next morning came with you feeling refreshed, and unlike the day before you had no sense of queasiness. However there was one different thing.

You were level 11.

Just the day before you were level 10. It seems that sometime that night, you gained a level. Nyx was sleeping soundly on the bed.

Making your way to the guild hall, there were quests for killing rats and bringing their tails. There was also quests to kill goblins at the Guild-sponsored dungeon. There were also quests to gather mushrooms and herbs from the nearby forest. Lastly there was plenty of odd jobs such as cleaning bathrooms or homes, or even things like finding lost keys, or their lost pet (which weren't cats).

QuoteList out what things you want to do, not sure if I gave an exact date for the Priest meeting, but lets say that happens on Day 10.

Mysticsage

[info]

Day 4 Morning: See Gardening Side story: http://forums.fantasyworldcreations.com/index.php?topic=1914.0

Day 4 Afternoon: will check in that Akari and her brother are moved in okay and if he needs extra healing from nyx

Day 4 Evening: Ask the king to send me to whoever in the castle might be willing to teach me about magic and train me.

Day 5 Morning: will take note of the goblin quest
           Will hang around to see if I run into anyone interesting.

Day 5  Afternoon: thinking about the rats will ask who he has as a teacher for training.
              - The goal is to get proficiency in a melee weapon category and a ranged weapon category before going out again.

Day 5 Evening: begin researching the region the nations and the demon tribes in the direct area.

Day 6: Religious Training see Breakfast Club

[/info]

Mysticsage

[info]Requested Diplomacy Check
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+8 : 19 + 8, total 27[/blockquote][/info]

Throndir

QuoteAre you trying to squeeze those 4 events into the previous day? I created a new Calendar sheet and placed it in your character sheet, update that when you can, so I can have an idea of events that you want to do those days.

After meeting with the queen that morning, you experimented with fruit with Nyx. Afterwards, you decided to find Akari and her brother.

Date: Day 4 - Afternoon

Checking in with Akari, she greeted you when you saw her in the room that one of the guards mentioned.

"Hello! I am Kaneda Akari... Who are you?" She said smiling. "Indeed my brother and I have just arrived here, you see... The prince and hero Liam suggested it."

The king had told you that it was Conrad, the court mage, that was probably the most-skilled among their court mages. Giving you the directions, you finally made it into what looked to be his study. Conrad looked up, and narrowed his eyes. He noted that you were wearing one of the dresses that Matilda had.

"Hello Liam." Conrad said. His face was straight, but his eyes glinted almost sarcastically.

There were many people go in and out of the guild hall, looking at the mission board. They wore either leather armor of some sort, or wizard robes and hats. Some had bows, some had swords or axes, and those with the wizard hats had staves with them. Even more so than the rest of the city, along with the fact that the people here had hair colors that were bizarre and strange (as if they were dyed), the people here looked more so the part that this was truly indeed a different world.

There wasn't anyone that looked out of place at least, but everyone was busy minding their own business or talking about the mission postings. Most of the people were the same rank as you, Wooden, as evidenced by the wooden plate, as a necklace, that they wore.

The Guild Hall had their receptionists who were greeting people as they came in. Beside the Guild Hall was another building, a tavern, that contained many other adventurers making merry.

Date: Day 5 - Afternoon

"Queen Amelia..." Kurt said. "My mentor with the sword? He's a retired adventurer that chose to make Mendernich is home... Mendernich is where a lot of adventurers start their journey, and Otto, my mentor, always found a pleasure in teaching his craft to others..."

Date: Day 5 - Evening

[info]Diplomacy: 27
It seemed like among all the people, the only one who seemed to know the status of the demons and other countries were the adventurers and the guild, which, of course, had the information due to the fact that most other countries had a guild of their own in their major cities.

From that you found out your neighboring kingdoms.

The Isikawa Sovereignty
Home of dark-haired humans like Akari. The Isikawans, along with the Antwarch Dragon Knight Kingdom, and the Lassetaure kingdom are on the front lines fighting against the Western Demon Country, lead by a demon named Maou Folgias. The Sovereignty is located directly north of the Kingdom of Bürsteig.

Northern & Southern Felencorp United Alliance
From what you managed to gather, they used to be the largest human kingdom before the war in the New World. They, along with a few other countries, were the original inhabitants of the new world. At least until the demons came. They used to call themselves the Kingdom of Felothia, but due to the fact that more and more countries appeared within their borders, and territory, they've slowly shrunk, and have even began encapsulating smaller countries and nations into their own. The have no actual capital, but are governed by a highly mobile merchant council. They still represent the strongest military in the world however, primarily stemming the tide from the Southern Demon Country along with the Baolong Dynasty.

Darmona Kingdom
Much like your own kingdom, the Darmona Kingdom was only recently summoned. Before the Kingdom of Bürsteig appeared in the New World, it was te Darmona kingdom that was the most recent arrival. Their arrival being 2 years ago. However, unlike your own kingdom, the Darmona Kingdom did not bring along its royalty or nobility. They are composed mainly of monsterkin, and due to their nature, are generally targeted by bigotry by the rest of the human countries surrounding them. They still support the war against the Southern Demon Country, but supplying their own troops to defend, though, many of them are enslaved by their neighbouring Beolong Dynasty, or Felencorp United Alliance. Like your own Kingdom, the Darmona Kingdom is currently paying heavy reparations towards the Felencorp United Alliance.

Bashkassia Federation
The federation is no stranger to the war. They've been here for at least 20 years, and have supported the Felencorp United Alliance with a surplus of food and farm goods in return for their protection. They are made up of primarily humans, though, there are demihumans among them. There seems to be an inherent racism in the federation as most slaves are demihumans. They are more settled into sea-trades, and though the journey is sometimes risky due to the demons, they have trade lines with the Isikawa Sovereignty, along with two other countries: Refedoria Kingdom (though trade is restricted), Ampur Slave Kingdom.[/info]

Mysticsage

Day 4 Afternoon

Amelia smiled, "How is Takeru, Akari? I hope the healing my cat and I gave him the other day is still helping. I'm sorry for the disguise the other day it was a necessity while I was walking around town."

Day 4 Evening
"The idea was good, my execution was lacking." Amelia conceded "Next time I go out in a disguise I'll make sure to be more convincing. While you finish with your teasing do you mind answering a few questions? I was hoping you could teach me a bit about magic. It seems like Heros are expected to use it but my world only has a basic concept of it and I feel unequipped. I was hoping you could at least show me how to perform the basics I don't want a spell cast on me without my knowledge."

Day 5 Afternoon
"My world doesn't allow everyone to fight so I have very little training with weapons but I came to realize that if I want to be able to defend myself I will need a variety of skills that I don't have. Like how to wear armor or how to shoot a bow. The only problem is teachers for heroes or queens will be hard to come by. So I was hoping you could make an introduction for me."

Throndir

"Cat?" A hint of recognition spread across her features. "The strange animal, indeed you speak of! You're... Liam?" She started studying your face then, then her eyes widened.

"You're... a girl..." There was just a slight hint of disappointment in her voice. She shook herself out of it a moment later. "Yes... Takeru and I indeed have started to settle... The castle staff are friendly, and the doctor is willing to take a look at Takeru."

"I pulled it out of the prince... But I suppose I should be calling you Her Majesty? As for teaching... Very well... From the stories, heroes are supposed to pick up magic quickly.... Do you know of mana?"

QuoteConrad will begin teaching you how to Sense Mana. Roll a Training check when you have the chance.

Date: Day 5 - Afternoon

"Very well, I can introduce the two of you. I can call for him here if you prefer. The courtyard and training rooms are usually where Matilda and I take our lessons... We used to train under him daily, but these days, with all the responsibilities of appearing here in this New World, we've been meeting only once a week."

Mysticsage

Location- Akari's Room

"Please, if he really starts to worsen let me know."
Amelia smile. "And if you need anything else let me know I'll see what I can do."

"Please, Amelia is fine." She chuckled imagining Kurt being grilled "I don't like being overly formal with people I work with, I'm not queen yet anyway."

"As for Mana, I'm familiar with the broad concept assuming that it carries the same principles as we imagined it on my world. More specifically, I've been watching people work with it but they can only explain it in the abstract which does not do me much good I'm afraid." Amelia shrugged at the last part.

[info]
Expedite training DC 16
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 2 + 4, total 6[/blockquote]
[/info]

Throndir

Akari then bowed her head, it was a strange bow, where her upper half was at 45 degrees, with her hands straight to her side, and her back straight.

"I sincerely thank you hero! Can I ask what is your name? Your... real one?"

"Her Provisionary Majesty Queen Amelia." Conrad said without missing a beat.

The next 2 hours, Conrad had attempted to teach you how mana works, and how it looks like once you visualize. However, you weren't making much progress.

Mysticsage

"Amelia," she says with a grin before heading off.

Amelia chose to ignore that comment about her total and focus on the training at hand. But with her mind racing as it was there was little she could do to focus on the task at hand. Before she knew it two hours was gone and she made close to no progress. "I'm going to have to set a proper time with you to learn this stuff properly. Do you think you would be free in a few days time?"

[info]will devote day 7 to train magic if possible.[/info]

Throndir

"Of course Your Provisionary Majesty." Conrad said as he bowed low.

Day 6 was spent learning religion in this thread.

QuoteYou plan to meet with Conrad in the morning? Any other plans for Day 7?

Mysticsage

[info]i'm also going to try and find the head diplomat to discuss plans about Darmona. Will ask for Conrad to point me in their direction.[/info]

Throndir

QuoteRoll Training checks for the training with Conrad. You have 8 hours total, split them out as you see fit. Scene below occurs after your training.

Date: Day 7 - Afternoon

"Ah... Red hair... an exquisite look. You must be Her Majesty the hero..."

The man who spoke had white hair though looked young, and had been reading a book. He had looked up at you when you entered and bowed low.

"I'm Fulbert, the Grand Diplomat of our kingdom, it's a pleasure to finally meet you."

Mysticsage

[info]expedited training 1 dc16
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 2 + 4, total 6[/blockquote]

expedited training 2 dc16
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 7 + 4, total 11[/blockquote]

expedited training 3 dc16
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 11 + 4, total 15[/blockquote]
[/info]

Mysticsage

[info]expedited attempt 4 dc 16
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 6 + 4, total 10[/blockquote][/info]

Mysticsage

Day 7

"Good afternoon, my name is Amelia. I was pointed in your direction for questions and ideas I had in terms of the Darmona. What is our current standings and missions with their government? I was doing some reading and it seems like they could use a friend amongst their neighbors, and we would benefit from the extra manpower."

Amelia was trying her best in that moment to be professional and not let on that seeing the opportunity to get actual beastfolk like from a game to her court as one of her driving motives.